Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The Baylor family has overwhelming spirit and pride for their school. Even before their academic career begins, incoming freshmen learn the complete history of Baylor, cheers and chants, and beloved Baylor traditions still observed to this day. The sense of pride is present everywhere. Whether it's the statue of "The Immortal Ten" or of Judge Baylor in Founder's Mall, anyone would be able to feel a connection with Bears of the past. Football games are by far my favorite pasttime. Win or lose, we stay humble and remember how proud we are of our home team.

Baylor University was and still is my home. Returning to campus and walking across the grassy fields brings back incredible memories of traditions and faith-centered learning. As far as traditions, Baylor has the largest collegiate parade in America as part of the oldest Homecoming celebration in America. It also hosts the second largest off-broadway musical production called All University SING!, which is put on by student organizations. My professors are not only incredibly smart and gift teachers but also mature Christians full of wisdom.

The world's perception of Baylor University. Unfortunately for me, I have dealt with some hard situations while attending Baylor University. Some so upsetting that I contemplated leaving. However, I realized that once I graduate Baylor University, people will see my degree and know that I have received an education and am a very intelligent person. Although Baylor does not necessairly foster a strong social environment, the classes does prepare students for the real world and the career path. Something almost all employees are cognizant of.

I love to brag about Baylor's strong sense of community for both current students and alumni. My professors constantly tell us that we will be overwhelmed with how many connections and opportunities to network we will have by the time we freshmen enter our senior year. To an unsure student looking for success in the field of study that they have a passion for, this is an enormously helpful dream come true. I also adore the contagious tradition that Baylor University instills in their students, faculty, and even the surrounding community.

Our beautiful new stadium that we will play in for the upcoming semester. The wonderful people that I have met here that have inspired me. I brag about our recent football seasons and how Baylor has been dominating practically every college sport. I tell friends how great it is to obtain a Baylor degree because that will set me for life. Baylor's pre-health program is great and I am so glad that I get to experience it. The churches down here are full of wonderful genuine people who truly love the Lord and live a Christ-like life.

Baylor offers many special events through the campus. Just last month, the university set up an outdoor skating rink on our main lawn for students to take a break while studying. The event wasn't just for fun though; Baylor had a toy run at the same time to benefit Toys for Tots. We also had the pleasure of having Matt Wertz and Phil Wickham perform for our anual Christmas on 5th Street, which is open to the entire Waco Community. During our Chapel, we have the chance to hear so many amazing guest speakers and performers.

When I brag I talk about our athletic facilities which include an I believe 15 ft rock wall. I brag about our greek life and how much they are involved in campus life outisde of parties and whatnot. I brag about the food in the dining halls and how much fun we have when we go to "late Night" at Penland dining hall. We also have alot of random free things like t-shirts, or different events with free food and activities. But most of all I brag about the wonderful people I've met since I've been here.

I brag about the friendliness and kindness of the students and about how eager the professors are to help their students out with anything they need. I tell about the christitanity of the school and how we are open to practice our faith with others. I talk about how the classes are challenging but yet fair, and the many organizations and activities that we can engage ourselves into participating in. Most of all, I brag about the rewarding friendships and loving people that I am surrounded by everyday.

The thing I love most about Baylor University is the people. Anyone I have met on campus or that is affiliated with Baylor is very friendly and helpful. The first memory of my campus visit as a senior in high school was a current student that came up to me to make sure I was finding everything alright. What a great example to set for prospective students. Now that I am a current student, I have really seen the extreme kindness and Christ-like behavior that goes on among the Baylor campus.

I brag about how intense the Pre-Med program is at Baylor, and how when I get through it, I will be very prepared for medical school. I brag about how pretty of a landscape Baylor is. It's a small city, but there's enough scenery to make the place beautiful at night. It's not completely the country, but it's definitely not the city either, so it's right in the middle. I also brag about how friendly the people at Baylor are, and how diverse the campus seems to be throughout Baylor University.