Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

I brag about the opportunities I have been given in the American Student Dental Association as well as the few friends I have made here. I have also bragged about a few of the professors I have had, but I have found that I have had more bad than good professors over my past four semesters here. I also have bragged about the sporting events, even though I'm not really that into sports much honestly, but we have been doing great in sports for awhile now so I can go and brag to people about it.

Baylor is an absolutely perfect size. I see someone I know every time I walk across campus. And sometimes, you really just need a familar face or a hello from a friend. I don't feel lost in the crowd here. Plus, it's nice that I can get from one edge to the other in a fifteen minute walk. But even though it isn't huge, I still have the same opportunities I would at a big school, like tons of major options, renowned faculty members and academic programs, and an impressive athletic program.

I like to "brag" about how involved and caring the community is at my school. Community is something very valued at this school. I like to think about it as one big family, everyone cares about you and you're in a big group of people who share the same values as you, which is what I describe to my friends. I also talk about all the different groups on campus and how easily you can find a place to fit in that also has something to do with your career choice. It's great for networking.

I talk about student's and faculty's personalities. Everyone wants to help you and lend a hand if you need it. For example, you will never have any trouble moving in or out of your dorm because CL's and students are eager to hold the door, or grab that extra suitcase. I once was having trouble bringing in grocieries to my dorm while it was raining, and a CL who saw me from the top of the stairs ran down into the rain to help me. You don't see that sort of common courtesy everywhere.

The energy surrounding the Baylor campus does not compare to any other school! Everyone you meet is so kind hearted and are always there to help in any way possible. It's not just the school! The city of Waco as a whole is so open and generous to everyone. One thing that definietly gives Baylor the upper hand and braging rights is that the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner is from a student here (Rober Griffin III)! We have several amazing sports teams and great faculty and student too!

The thing I brag most about my school is its academic achievements and beautiful campus. I am a biology pre-med major and Baylor University has a great pre-med program. However, the pre-med program is not the only thing Baylor is known for from its academics. Baylor also has a beautiful looking campus. Almost all the buildings are decorated vintage style and are embellished with elegant gardens. I am pleased to say I attend Baylor University for these and many other reasons.

Choosing to attend Baylor is the best choice I have ever made. I have some of the best friends I've ever had, and I've learned so much in the short year that I've been there. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and its been an amazing experience. I also love the theater department that I'm apart of. Baylor has a phenomenal theater program and I have learned so much from the professors. I respect them all so much. It really is more than a school. It truly is one big family.

When it comes to baylor, I honestly believe I can't put my finger on any single thing to put my finger on. But don't get me wrong, it isn't because there is nothing to brag about, it's because there is too MUCH to brag about. Whether it's the greek life on campus, the amazing teachers, the friendly people, the friendly rivalries, the basketball team, or the new game in the stadium. Baylor is a diverse school, one that any Baylor student should be proud of.

The academics are incredible. Some people think that Baylor is just another private university that doesn't challenge it's students, but believe me every class is devised to put students to the test. From my experience every course, especially the sciences, confront students with a chance to succeed through hard work. Although it might seem overwhelmingly difficult, the academics are what I am here for and what I strive to learn.

I love to share that Baylor is a unique school with nationally recognized academics and yet is still a plce where you can grow in your faith and become closer with God. The Christian atmosphere is loving and accepting, creating a community feel unlike any other school I have visited. You do not have to be Christian to attend, however. Religion is never forced upon. Rather, it is simply presented to you as an option for exploration.