Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Most people think that Baylor is an extremely grounded and non'party' school, but they are wrong. There is just as much drugs, sex and alcohol at Baylor, as there is at any average public school. The Baylor girls also have a bad rep for being dumb, and only going to school to get their MRS degree... a ring by spring.... i would like to think that it isnt true... but the longer i am around the campus, the more i see that this stereotype has some solid validity.

Most people think that Baylor students are upstanding women and men. Most Baylor girls simply want to get married to a Baylor man. Baylor tries to put up the front of an inclusive community where everybody gets along. Everybody goes to church together on Sundays and laughs and frolicks in the gardens in front of Pat Neff. Since everybody at Baylor is supposed to be a good Christian, Baylor would never condonde partying or anything inappropriate.

Baylor has two basic types of people that attend: those who work for their goals and those who have their goals handed to them on a golden platter. For those who have it handed to them they are those typically in sororities or fraternities and their parents are the ones who pay for everything. On the other side are those who live off FAFSA and student loans to survive and typically work very hard for everything they have.

baylor boys are here for business, premed, or prelaw. they are rich. baylor girls have big curly hair, and are getting thier MRS degree to marry a business, premed, or prelaw baylor boy. they are rich too. and everyone is a virgin. you must be married when you leave and have lots of baylor babies. we are all southern and very religious. also.... social clubs are a MUST!

Well, I'm sure many students from other schools would make comments on how stuck up and filthy rich we are, and for the most part, they're right. I don't include myself with these people, and I'm certainly not talking about every individual at Baylor, but there is a large number of people at this school, both students and teachers, who behave as if they own the world.

Some stereotypes about Baylor students are that everyone at Baylor is a Christian and are ignorant of the science, and are intolerant to other religions. Also, many people believe that everyone at Baylor is a rich kid from a rich family, and isn't there for academics, but instead just because their parents are rich.

Baylor has a bubble, which is relatively unaware of what goes on in Waco or the rest of the world. Baylor girls, particularly sorority girls are only here for an engagement ring.

The biggest stereotype for students attending Baylor is that we are all rich, stuck-up college students! That to attend Baylor you have to be smart and have money.

There is the constant perception that simply because Baylor students are attending a private school that they're stuck-up, intolerant, and many other things.

A stereotype about Baylor is that all Baylor girls are super rich and are ditzy girls running around with Daddy's credit card.