Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Someone who attends Baylor should be open to learning new things and having their previous perspectives challenged. Also, they should be interested in getting an education, not just pre-job training. Students attending Baylor will truly flourish if they acknowledge the spiritual side of life, as Baylor is built upon the premise that we learn in order to better serve causes greater than ourselves -- such as God, democracy, freedom, poverty, family, and opportunity. Finally, Baylor is a school committed to the creation and maintenance of strong interpersonal relationships. Someone who is even somewhat people-oriented will fit right in here.

Baylor University is best suited for students who are seeking an education founded in Christian faith. Baylor should not be written off as a "conservative" or "Bible thumping" university, however. Though this university does require minimal study of the Christian heritage for every student, it also offers extensive courses that provide insight into our biological past. Baylor harmonizes science and Christian values in a way that allows each to support the other, providing a more liberal atmosphere than expected. Baylor is a great university for any student, no matter what their upbringing.

All individuals are welcome at this school, but the students that portray large amounts of interest will get the most out of this school. Baylor encourages everyone to participate in school functions, so it is good to be a social person. Another thing Baylor emphasizes in their faith based school. Many schools claim to have Christian backgrounds, but Baylor is the only school I know of that actually practices what it preaches, so students with faith based backgrounds as well as open-minded individuals will experience something more than and education could offer.

A student choosing the Baylor Nursing program must be willing to study. An outside job is not adviseable. You must also like people and be a team player. Everyone, from the custodians, to the nurse practitioners, are important and contribute to the success of patient care when working in the hospital setting. You must be able to take directives and remain professional at all times. In nursing, it is all about the patient and giving them the best possible care, time, and consideration. A nursing student must be compassionate to the patient and to the family.

I wish everyone could experience Baylor University! It is such an amazing place filled with great people. It is such an open environment that welcomes everybody. While I do wish everyone could experience Baylor, it is not for everyone. The strict attendance policy means that a person can not be a slacker and hope to get through here. Also, the work is not easy. A student must be prepared for long hours of study. While the work is hard, the classes are fun and the teachers are willing to work with anyone. It's a great experience!

everyone should come here if they get the opportunity to. if you are looking to grow in and out, spiritually, in confidence and self esteem. this place is simply beautiful with not just the scenery but the people here are ever so friendly and caring. if you like sports, then perfect because everyone gets revved up for our football, basketball, baseball and tennis teams. if you like clubs, baylor has tons of clubs from boat club to swing dance. this is a place where you can be yourself and have people respect your individuality.

A person who is seeking to grow their knowledge while at the same time growing their spiritual relationship with God would be a perfect candidate for Baylor. This school offers many different opportunities for it's students to participate in missions, prayer services, and community service for the less fortunate in Waco and all around the world. A person who enjoys giving back to his/her community and realizes that there is more to the world than just his/her selfish needs would fit in perfectly here at Baylor University.

Want to be involved on campus, in the community, and in the classroom. Looking for a quality education and a place where you can be as involvede as you want. Someone who wants to use the advantage of Baylor's standing in the professional world and alumni loyalty to make use of their degree and come out of college with a great career lined up before graduating. Looking for a school that is large enough to provide the benefits of a D1 school with the small classrooms and consolidated campus of a much smaller college.

A common Baylor bear trait is pride. Not pride in a selfish sense, but pride for our school and studies. We believe that Baylor is setting us on the right path for our futures, and that it is an essential step to get us there The kind of student that should attend Baylor is one that would not be ashamed to proclaim they're a Baylor bear, put be excited to share it. Being a student Baylor is not about how intelligent you are, but about being known for your integrity, your friendliness, and most of all Baylor pride!

People who are excited about life and passionate about learning should attend Baylor University. Baylor is a great fit for those who strive to excel academically and those who are looking for a loving community. The student population is around 15,000, so students do not feel overwhelmed or feel like just a number. Students are welcomed and invested in by professors and staff and there is a genuine interest in student's lives by professors. Baylor University is a unique campus and is sure to be a great experience.