Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Baylor University is a challenging school. It also enforces a strict 75% class attendace policy for all classes, no exceptions. Baylor University is not a school meant for students who wish to merely "float" through college. The professors are passionate about the subjects on which they lecture and always willing to provide supplemental help or initiate casual conversation outside of the classroom. Baylor is a great school for students who wished to be deeply involved in extracurriculars, offering numerous clubs and intramurals. A Baylor student should be ambitious and eager to learn.

Roosevelt once compared humans to sheep, saying that they "follow the drove". Students who are not willing to challenge themselves or who are looking for a party school offering an "easy ride" should not attend Baylor University. It is a wonderful school with an incredible faculty. The professors, rather working before you, choose to work beside you. They force you to grapple with a myriad of questions. They inspire you to pursue your goals. A student who is not willing to surrender his or her childhood beliefs and accept to reigns of adult life, should not attend Baylor University.

If one is not ready to accept the challenge of being pushed beyond the state of simply being a prosaic mold, then he or she should not attend Baylor University. Generation Y is commonly associated with opting for the easiest route as opposed to working for results. In contrast, at Baylor University, we attempt to dismiss that stigma by practicing hard work and dedication so that corporations, clients, and customers alike can trust in and rely on our brand. Our courses challenge us to be innovative and inventive, while encouraging us to trudge through the ordinary and reveal the unseen.

A person who dislikes religion entirely or is extremely put off by it would not neet to attend Baylor. The Baptist influence is everywhere and if you don't embrace it, you will probably feel suffocated. The overall atmosphere at Baylor is conservative even if the individual departments are not; to be a Baylor student, a person should not be offended by the conservative policies and expectations of the university. Baylor has an attendance policy - anyone planning to go to college without attending class will fail at Baylor and should look elsewhere for a quality education.

I have a hard time saying someone shouldn't attend Baylor because I truly believe you find whatever you're looking for wherever you go. However, Baylor does come from a Conservative Christian background, which some people cannot stand. I'm the daughter of a Minister, so I also come from a Conservative Christian background, but I feel Baylor has greatly expanded my way of thinking. Some students find the required 2 semesters of Chapel off-putting, but it's not really that bad. However, if you can't stand a Christian viewpoint, don't go to Baylor.

this school is filled with different races, community and people who care. if you are a person who isn't looking for meeting new people or making connections with your proffessors, having school spirit or being different and wanting to make a difference then maybe you should reconsider and try it out. this place will change your live, it makes you want to be a better person, connect with your inner spirituality and building a community with not only those yougo to classes with but the people you share a residence hall with.

Baylor is a Baptist university. The religion aspect is not too strong, however. If you are a person who cannot stand being around religious people or would not want to attend mandatory religion classes, then Baylor is not for you. If you are a party animal looking for a college with a very active party tradition, then Baylor is not for you either. Waco, Texas is not exactly a cosmopolitan center so if you are looking for a big city environment, you probably should look at other universities.

Baylor is a school that is designed to challenge you. It is academically competative and demands that you do your best. A student who should not attend this school would be a student who does not wish to put in the time and effort to his or her studies. The school offers many opportunities for students to excel in their studies, but it is up to the student to take advantage of these opportnities. Many of the programs are designed to weed out the students and only take on the serious students.

I would say that it's hard to fit in if you are extremely outside the social norm. It is also not a place for people who aren't serious about their education. While it's not necessary to be Christian to find a place, it can make things diffiecult at times. If you decide to stay on campus, findng the right dorm is also very important because each one has a distinct personality. Once you find a place though, it is a great place to live and go to school.

I do not believe it is right to decide whichever person should not be allowed to attend Baylor. That is unethical. The only person that shouldn't attend Baylor would be someone who doesn't want to be there. When a person is forced to be at a place they don't want to be, they tend to be unproductive. Your not going to want to make progress at a place you feel is not for you. Baylor students all have strong Baylor pride. Also, everyone is welcome.