Baylor University Top Questions

Ingrid

Read blogs.

Kelda

I originally attended University of Washington and immediately regretted my decision and decided to transfer to Baylor University. I would advise myself to trust my gut, and not be worried about going somewhere far from home. That being said I would tell myself that where you decide to go when you are seventeen or eighteen years old is NOT the end all, be all. There is always the option to transfer if you are not happy so do not put so much pressure on yourself to find the perfect school. There are so many unique and wonderful people at every school that you will find your niche and your people no matter where you go. Feel comfortable with who you are and stick to what you believe because you will find people who support you. Put yourself out there and network with people because most people are nervous and want someone to reach out to them.

Don't worry so much about boys and getting married. Just because that's what mom and dad did, doesn't mean it's right for you. By the way, you met your future husband in second grade, so really just don't worry about it! You can fail. College is harder than High School, just because you graduated covaledictorian, it doesn't protect you from future academic failure. Study, study, study!! Texas is fun, but it's not the land of cowboys like you thought it would be. It's an adventure, but for entirely different reasons than what you're expecting. There is a reason why everyone thinks you're nuts for leaving CO to come here, and that reason is MOUNTAINS. Mom is right about a lot of things. Also, call home more than once a month. Just because you call home doesn't make you any less independent. You might not be homesick now, but come your upperclassmen years it'll get you. Take all of your plans that you have now and just throw those away! Basically nothing turns out the way you think it will. Trust God, he's got your back, seriously, TRUST.

Kat

I would tell myself that college is very different from high school. All the petty high school drama and antics are no longer present in college. My first semester of college seems very scattered when I look back on it now. I was everywhere from studying to hanging out then back to studying. With all the new shiney things college has to offer I would get destracted and bounce from one thing to another. I rushed things in other to make everything work, which now I realize didn't work because I basically gave half of my efforts to everything. Looking back on my first semester I would tell myself to take a deep breath and focus on one thing at a time, giving it my 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. I learned that when you do everything half way you end up with a bunch of halfs, and a bunch of half's that don't match leaves you torn and confused. I cannot change my first semester so to my future self I remind you to take a deep breath and look at whats in front of you and just do that.

Ricky

If I could go back in time a year from now, I'd do more to develop consistent study habits. Coming to college wasn't a big change but it was definitely a change. College professors don't remind you when things are supposed to be turned in. They expect you to look at your syllabus. They don't wait on you to finish your notes before they erase the board and they definitely don't accept late work. Besides the professor’s aspect of it all, studying for classes is a whole different monster. Distractions are quite relevant and annoying as well. I had study tactics before but I would've benefited from learning earlier along the road.

Shani

If I had the chance to go back in time and warn my younger self of what they would encounter in college, I would begin by saying that college is not what media make it out to be. Yes, college is a place where many people of different races, religions, and of different values can interact and learn from each other, but it is also where you learn of the true colors of the world aorund you. At home, you are somewhat sheltered. I college, the world is for the taking and roadblocks will be in even more abundance than before. So, I would tell my younger self to have courage and never give up!

What I've learned about myself in the past two years is invaluable. College isn't a walk in the park. You won't pass every class. You won't like every lecture. You might not meet the man or woman you will marry at orientation. You will, however, learn the meaning of hard work and what it means to truly earn something. It's okay to miss Mom and Dad and to cry every once in a while. Drinking every night does not equal straight A's, despite how they portray college in the movies. You will find yourself emmersed in textbooks, eating awful cafeteria food, and struggling with your weight gain. Despite this, when it's all over, when you have your degree in hand, you will realize that it was all worth it and that your future is so much brighter because of your ordeal.

Ingrid

The 4 years of college are a very important phase in your life. The academic aspect is important but I would say that the social environment is even more important. My advice is to pick a school that has a great academic reputation and also a great sports tradition. College sports are big and schools with successfull football or basketball programs have a great following of students, alumni, and other fans. This creates a lot of school pride that becomes pervasive in everything associated with the school. College is a place where you will make friends for life and you will continue to root for your alma mater, no matter what happens to their teams. So you can spend the time researching the academic ranking of the business school (for example), and calculate the cost of attending and compare that against the chance of getting some financial aid. In the end, however, you also need to determine the social networking value of the schools, which in my opinion is very important. Most people find jobs after college, not based on their GPA but based on the networking opportunities and interpersonal skills that are resulting from their college experience.

To My Dear High School Self, Relax. Right now, college looks rather frightening, between having to move out of your house, beginning a long distance relationship, and anticipating the rigourous course work that will soon be your fate. I have to tell you something about all of that though, you will get used to it quicker than you can imagine and it isn't a scary journey once it happens. And, no, you will not be sitting on your floor in your dorm room rocking in the fetal position with the lights turned off all year. Your soon-to-be best friends live right down the hall and you know what else? You go to an amazing high school that has prepared you for the work you will encounter in college and I promise you that those first few classes will feel like nothing compared to what you went through during these years of high school. So again I say, relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy what little you have left of high school because adventure, friendship and growth, AKA, Baylor, is just around the corner. Sic 'Em Bears, An Older and Wiser You

Danielle, All of those late nights you spend doing homework for Advanced Placement classes will be worth it. Pay closer attention in Spanish, though. You will become fluent, but you could have also become conversational in French. Also, start reading the newspaper; it will pay off eventually. Listen to your mom and take piano. She is right - you will wish you would have stayed in it. Actually, listen to your mom about everything. She is always right. On a personal note, remain strong in your beliefs. What seems to be socially important to you now will be laughably insignificant in your future. Your friends will not invite you to events because you do not drink, and your boyfriend will go with someone else to prom because you are still a virgin. You will cry. But you will eventually realize that these will be the best things that will ever happen to you. Because of these experiences you will have humility, awareness of others, and a gentle, beautiful spirit that will touch those around you. You will, also, avoid the addictions, pregnancies, and STDs many of your former friends fell victim to. PS - your college experience will be amazing! Be patient!

Kendra

Dear Senior Kendra, I have three clear and important pieces advice for you to excel throughout your senior year. 1. Apply for scholarships until you are blue in the face. Use your writing bone to sculpt the perfect pieces. Just be your charming self. 2. Choose dual credit classes over AP courses. AP courses may boost your GPA, but the class is pointless if you're unable to pass the AP test at the end of the year. Save time and get guaranteed credits. 3. Think about where you aspire to go to college ahead of time: it will save you time, money, and energy. Have fun! I know I did. Signed, Sophomore College Kendra

Meg

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to go to a community college in the transition from high school to college. It is a really rough transition, especially from where I went to high school, and things are just a thousand times harder now that I am in college. I do love Baylor, but I wish I would have been more prepared coming in at the beginning of last year. I also wish that everything didn't go so rough for me, so I would make sure that I would either pick another school, or I would make sure that I have someone to help me with all of my studying (an instructor, etc.) I would also tell myself that living at home and just going to community college at first is the way to go, so this way I can transition to being without my parents all of the time and having them cook for me and my mom always cleaning up after everyone. There are a lot of things I would go back in time and change, but here are just a few of them.

I would tell myself to go to my prospective campus with my schedule and walk around the campus and get to know where all of my classes were rather than waiting on the day of my first class and being completely lost and disoriented. I would also tell myself to take all the advice that your parents give you to heart and to always remember what they have told you about going to college because more than likely they have already been there and they know exactly what to expect. I wish now that I had listened to the advice my mom gave me about finding my classes before the first day of class.

Eryn Taylor

I would listen to my Mom's wise advice! I had several scholarship opportunities and had to audition for the School of Music at schools my Mom wasn't too familiar with. However, she drove me to three different Univiserties to audition as a trumpet player. I got offers from all three, however, she begged me to audition at Baylor, before I made a decision. She would then let me make my own decision without any more input from her!!! Once we arrived at Baylor and I auditioned for the Music Professor, I LOVED it!! Because it was late in the decision process (April), we were on pins and needles waiting for their response if I would be accepted and awarded a scholarship! SURPRISE!!! I was accepted and also got a partial Music Scholarship for the 4 years. We were elated and I'll never again doubt the wisdom of my MOM!!!!!!

I would definitely be more prepared as far as having enough money for books and supplies so that I wouldn't have to constantly ask my mom for money. I would also be prepared to live with other people in a community rather than living with my mom which is what I have always done and I had a difficult time adjusting to other people coming and going.

I would tell myself to be more outgoing. To be intentional with people I desire to be friends with instead of assuming that they know how I am feeling. Show people that I love hanging around them and appreciate their friendship. Get good study habits and know how I can study well. Volunteer more at hospitals and in the community. Show people that I care about them and more importantly Jesus does. Be gracious, nobody is perfect including me. God has so many great plans for me so continue to trust Him and don't fret over little problems. It is all going to work out and I am going to have fun so don't worry about friends, I will have them and they will see me for who I am. Don't get so attached to people freshman year. Put God first and He will put the right people around me to bless, teach, help, and encourage.

Learn how to study before getting to college and start to manage your time better.

Breck

College can be the most incredibly transformative time in your life, but you have to be ready and willing to change. As Mark Twain once said, "Don't let schooling interfere with your education." College is more than just a big campus with a bunch of buildings and classrooms. It will be the place where you can not only discover your passion and future career but also mature mentally and emotionally, all while developing incredibly strong and long-lasting relationships with professors and friends. Purposefully seek out opportunities that are outside of your comfort zone. Make mistakes. Don't forsake all else to maintain that precious 4.0. Don't let the fear that accompanies uncertainty after college prevent you from exploring. Odds are that few, if any, people at your school will have known you before you step on campus, so use that to your advantage! You can just be yourself and define along the way what that truly looks like. Most importantly, embrace the change ahead becuase you're in for the time of your life over the next four years.

charles

be more prepared!!!

Brooklyn

If I was to go back and talk to myself I would have told myself to be more efficient in my work, study more, take more notes, and not to procrastinate so much. What I have learned in this semester at school is that I need to be more efficent with my work and to feel confident after I complete my homework, a project or a paper instead of completing it just to complete it and turn it in. I have noticed here that when you turn something in to a professor you have to be 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} confident that you know what you are doing and that you know that you are right. This also applies in the classroom with note taking, write down every thing even if it doesn't seem important because your professor might just use it on a test without you knowing. Finally, procrastination is a big one because it encourges you to be lazy when you need to be on top of your work and studying to make that final GPA you want.

Armed with the vast wealth of experience I have gained in one year at Baylor University I feel enlightened enough to share my knowledge with friends still in High School. If I could go back and talk to myself as a High School Senior I would say seize life, inhale the knowledge around you, enrich your soul with volunteer opportunities, start early with college and scholarship applications, and have fun; savor your Senior year because it will fly by at the speed of light. Looking back I wish that I had known that scholarship searches can and should be started early, preferably in your junior year. AP and Dual-Credit courses are important and will affect your college GPA; so if you are going to take them, take them seriously. Grades do matter so if you’re tempted to slack off your senior year remember you will be competing against the best and brightest students in the country; so you need a GPA as close to 4.0 as possible and a high class rank. Work experience, volunteer involvement, and participation in extracurricular activities make High School more fun and increase your value when applying for college admittance and scholarships.

If I could go back in time, I would tell mysef to enjoy life at home with my parents a little bit longer. I've slowly taking classes since I've graduated High School, and am happy that I have done it that way. The only thing I would of done differently, is I would of stayed back home in Kansas longer. I moved away to Colorado only six months after graduating. The change was good for me, but still to this day I miss my family dearly. It was a stressfull time with family drama, and I couldn't handle it! So I moved away and found my own life. I don't regret my transition to Colorado, but I would of taken my time more if I would of known better. Also, I should of started working on becoming In-State Student much sooner than I did. Out-of-State laws for students in Colorado are tough to get around, even if you are independent.

Georgia

If I could go back in time would tell myself to apply for more scholarships so I would not have to get as many loans. I would also tell myself to have as much fun as possible my senior year because I will never be in high school again.

If I could give my highschool self advice, it would be to stop, breathe, and not worry so much. The problem with AP students is that they're taught anything less than excellence is failure. I spend so many nights crying in fits of anxiety. All my classes were either AP or college credit courses. I took the SAT 3 times. The more I pushed myself, the more I felt inadequate, and the more I hated myself. I ended up being diagnosed with depression last winter. My GPA suffered, but you have to learn to slowly picking yourself back up. Accomplish something small each day and go to bed feeling proud of yourself. Don't wallow in self pity over low test grade, don't drop that class. Passing the hardest Pre-Med weed-out class with a C will be seen as an accomplishment to your friends that gave up too fast because they weren't going to get their A. You are not a failure if you tried your hardest and things just didn't work out as you planned. You are only a failure if you give up.

Johnathan

I would have told myself to study in high school. High school was easy for me and i could breeze through most of my work with little to no effort at all. Now it's killing me that i haven't learned any study skils to help me prepare for classes and each semester is a different experience when it comes to studying simply because i don't know what works for me yet.

If I could go back in time to my senior year self, I would say this: be true to yourself. Your dreams and goals cannot be spelled out to you by your peers or parents. The best part about moving away is discovering who you are and living a life running towards God. Do not be afraid to ask for help or guidance from professionals. Be vigilant in prayer and recognize when chapters in your life have to be closed in order for you to grow. The greatest gift you can give to a person is just to listen—you will find that the less you say, the more of a relationship will be founded with that person. Above all else, trust God will ALL your burdens and praises, even when you think you can figure them out on your own. His way will relieve your heart and soul and allow you to focus on the important gifts and blessings you have.

If I could go back and talk to myself while I was in highschool I would tell myself to stay strong. What you do now will help you in the future. Struggles will pass just keep your head up and don't let other people's choices keep you down. I would also tell myself to learn to stay focused, make good decisions, and follow your heart. Making the transition to college is not easy. You are suddenly an adult as soon as you step foot into that college even if you have never been treated like one before. Be prepared! Every move you make matters whether you believe it or not. Keep your head up because it will be worth it!

The best advice I could give myself would be to take as many general education requirements in my first few years of college, before deciding on a major. I am an adult female attempting to get into the nursing field and I wish I had taken some harder math and science courses the first I enrolled in college. I've spent the last two years taking these prerequisite classes and had I taken them before, I could have had a jump on my nursing career.

I would tell myself: "Transitioning from high school to college can be a long and testing journey. You will be faced with challenges that will test your limits, find out that coffee is your best friend, and fail a couple of tests along the way. But in the midst of all the struggles, you will find yourself given opportunities to strengthen you and allow your spirit to grow. And if you’re lucky, you just might catch a glimpse of yourself along the way."

If I were given the opportunity to meet my past self, I would probably give her a lecture about how I wish I had done more college research. However, I know that my past self couldn’t have possibly known all the things I know now or about the problems I would eventually encounter without experience. I couldn't have predicted that a zero on the Expected Family Contribution would have meant that we would have to take out many loans, or that I was no longer eligible for a scholarship that had sparked my interest in a particular university because – thanks to a new program I signed up for at the last minute – I was no longer considered a full-time student. I was naïve. I was a first-generation college-bound student, and I was overconfident in my academic skills. I assumed everyone would be nice and that my transition to college would be smooth. I was wrong. Thankfully, nothing goes to waste because I learned a valuable lesson that I will pass on to my younger siblings and – if possible – my younger self: Be more proactive. Take responsibility. Above all, never take things for granted.

Diana

Just like any experience, the college decision process becomes exponentially clearer once you choose a university and begin your first year. It's not until then that you realize what things really matter to you and what becomes more of an afterthought. After completing a semester of college, I would approach the college process in a completely difference manner if I was to do it again. One of the biggest points of reevaluation in choosing a college would be based upon what I call the "dirty secrets." Knowing things like: are you required to take chapel? What are the dorm visitation hours like? Is there wireless Internet in your dorm room? While little things such as these should not define a college experience, they can be difficult to adjust to if you are not expecting or preparing for them. Looking for these during your decision-making process will help you gage just how comfortable you will be in your new home after graduation. Maybe your perfect school makes you uncomfortable based on these "dirty secrets." That's okay! At the very least, you are prepared and know where to expect adjustments.

No one is completely prepared to start college life especially if it is quite a distance from home. So I warn you now don't take what you have around for granted. College will be tough but you and I know its worth it. You will get homesick but you also will grow to love Baylor more than you think you love it now. I know we aren't financially endowed as some that attend Baylor but don't let that stop you from your goal and always keep in mind the love of your parents and the hard work it took our whole family to get us where we are now. I know you doubt you will even make it to Baylor but just keep thanking God for every blessing you have and don't stop in striving to learn. We were never good in math and if only I would have prepared for math by taking extra classes or tutoring on the subject I would have done a lot better the first semester. Keep learning for it is only the beginning of a long journey ahead. Stay humble and thankful Anabel one day we will get there.

I don't think I would tell myself anything really. I mean the experiences I've been through (both good and bad) have helped me in numerous ways. Maybe, the only thing I would really want to tell myself is to just go and apply to Texas A&M, but even with that, I felt the Baylor experience was necessary to learn not to be as easily decieved in the future. The transition I had from high school to college was pretty smooth and I'm pretty happy with where I am now. I've become much more studious and I just know that I needed to go through those struggling times to be a stronger individual. Thus, I wouldn't tell myself a thing except enjoy what moments of happiness come, study hard, and always have faith God will make things work. I'm not going to spoil the future for myself no matter how good or bad it gets because it all happens for a reason.

Priscilla

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure I knew the following : "While I can run, I'll run; while I can walk, I'll walk; when I can only crawl, I'll crawl. But by the Grace of God, I'll always be moving forward." College is not easy, it comes with many challenges, not only academic but also personal; I would let myself know that it is ok to fall, to make mistakes, to stumble because what really counts is to have the strenght to get back up and keep trying. I'll let myself know that one bad grade is not the end of the world, but to learn from the mistakes, study more, try harder, and ace the next test. To go out there and meet new people, new cultures, different point of views, to not be scared to speak my mind, or have a different point of view. But most of all, to not forget where I came from, my family, friends, and most importantly to always trust God.

Audrey

If I had the power and will to speak to my own ears about my transition as a college student, I believe there could have been effective changes I could have made or known in advanced. I would of began my scholarship search earlier than just my senior year and maybe would of started my freshman year of highschool. I struggle extensively with financing my education but I find myself keeping my faith up and taking advantages of blessed oportunities such as this one. I would also try to prepare my mind academically by doing extra daily work on more of the challenging subjects I face now. Things may not come to me at that moment but I'm constantly figuring out different study tips which knowing ahead would of made things easier. The advice which I have just expressed are great tips I would tell any student in highschool looking unto college to advancing their education.

Ruby

Without doubt I would advise myself to keep my eye on the prize at all times. Now that I’ve made it to my senior year I would make sure to focus at lot of my time into knowing what school I want to attend and to have an idea of what career I want to pursue. I would make sure I know what my financial standing was at the time, seeing how I grew up with a single mother with four kids I would advise myself to look into as many scholarships as possible. I would make sure to not do anything to jeopardize my GPA and to not lose focus of the bigger picture. In high school I was use to the staff if not my own family chasing after me to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to do. I would make it clear that college isn’t like that. We make our own decisions and face our own consequences. Only self motivation can keep you on the right path and a constant clear view of your goal will keep the light on at the end of the tunnel to guide you.

Jayson

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn better study habbits. I would also make sure I knew the importance of staying ahead in my classes. It is much easier to mainain a high g.p.a than it is to obtain one. I would tell my self to do legs when ever I work out; a lot of walking is required at college. Finally, I would tell my past self to refrain from eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or ramen noodles. I would let myself know that I will be eating plenty of these in the future and after a while you get tired of them. My P.s would be to start looking for scholarships sooner. You don't realize how much debt you can rack up until you start receiving bills every semester for tuition, housing, books, etc.

Amy this is your most exciting year. I know you want to have fun and make lots of memories with your friends, but keep in mind that college is a big leap and costs a fortune. First and above all, don’t procrastinate when applying for scholarships. I know it takes time to find and complete scholarship applications but it will be worth what it can save at college. Books, room, and tuition are very expensive and stressful. So please, don’t be scared to apply for scholarships, I know failure is your biggest fear but I can tell you that it will hold you back and even if you don’t get the scholarship, at least you know you tried. Move on because if you do, you will relieve your parents from financial burden and yourself from stress. Moreover, keep up with your studies even though you already got accepted into Baylor University, this lack of self-discipline will carry over into your first semester at college. So, all will go well if you aren’t fearful to try and if you discipline yourself. So, good-luck, good things are ahead of you and never stop rising.

Irelsie

Take the hardest professors in high school so that you can be well prepared in college. Go to counselor and her for college resources and financial aid funding websites so thaht I can take advantage of all the opportunities of scholarships and grants offered. Become involved while in school and volunteer outside of school in my community.

Desirae

Don’t pigeonhole yourself into one category your first year. Even though you think you know what you want out of life, allow yourself freedom to explore your options. You’re at a point in life where your decisions have a direct impact on your future. By taking your time and experiencing the opportunities available to you, you’ll be able to make better decisions for yourself. You may not know that you have a passion for classical history that will influence you to design beautiful gowns. You may not be aware of the fact that you really enjoy classical music. You may not even realize that you have an incredible drive to promote equal rights. If you’d taken the time to take a history class, a music appreciation class, a sociology, philosophy, or other humanities class, you might have found these things out a little earlier in life and been able to appreciate and build on them for a longer time. More than ten years later, you are pursuing a career that you didn’t know existed, but was tailor made just for you. Imagine how far along you’d be if you’d done a little exploring.

I would tell myself that even though you are dealing with a death of a loved one to be strong and dedicated in your work. Try to focus on the good in your life and remain dedicated in your studies. I would tell myself to expand my horizons in extracurricular activities and get involved in the community more. I would tell myself to explore several colleges and talk to more advisors about your confusion in getting into the education field. I would tell myself to ask old teachers of mine if I could shadow them for a couple of days to get an idea what it would be like in a classroom setting with children. I would tell myself to take this time to find the age range I would be most comfortable with. Once I had an idea of where I wanted to study I would tell myself to look into those colleges that have those opportunites available. I would tell myself to keep and open mind in everything I did and always try new things, in the classroom and in life. I would tell myself to make goals and try to achieve them and to not give up.

Jazmin

I would tell myself to start a little bit more earlier on the scholarship process. It is a cut-throat world out there when it comes to money for school.

LaKenya

Save your money by budgeting. Always balance out your social life with school work. Never push aside your school work and procrastinate. Get involved with as much as you can! Always go to your professor for help. Ask everyone any and every question. Find out as much as you can what your university has to offer you to build you up. Make the perfect study schedule for each class. Go over your class notes each night. Make plenty of friends and get to know people because their are so many intersting people with amazing backgrounds. Always think responsibly before you act to save yourself.

I would attend a Junior college first to get my basics completed. I had a hard time adjusting to being so far away from home and the classes were almost more than I could handle at the time. I have incurred thousands of dollars in debt in order to complete my degree. I could have saved myself and my parents money by going to the local Junior college first. I think it may have prevented me from changing my major three times. I am now more focused as I have matured. I wish now I would have taken dual credit courses instead of Pre-AP and AP classes. I would have graduated sooner and I would be working in the nursing field now instead of a year from know. My parents are trying to put my brother and me through college. My dad just completed his superintendent certification and the courses required to complete his certification. If I had started college with some dual credit courses, my parents would not be struggling financially to help us because I would have already graduated. They say hindsight is 20/20 and that is so true.

After being in college for a year, I would tell my high school self that it's okay to be nervous, but don't let that cripple you from going out and making friends. Trust your gut on friendships because it's never really steered you wrong and I could have had some different experiences if I hadn't tried to talk myself into a few friends. Don't date anyone exclusively for the first semester. There's too much going on around you and it becomes increasingly difficult to stay involved in school activities and to invest in other friends if you get too sucked into a dating relationship. Be involved. Find something that lines up with your passions and plug in! There's bound to be something on campus (or several somethings) that will help you not only make new friends who share your interests, but these are the people and activities who keep you from getting too drawn in by dozens of seasons of TV shows on Netflix. Be yourself. You get to have a clean slate and start over in college, so take advantage of that and present yourself the way you want to be received!

Make friends in your dorm as soon as possible because it will make the transition easier. Find something to get involved in outside of class whether it is a club or just playing sports with friends because you need a distraction from school work sometimes. Make good use of your time especially when it comes to studying; friends may try to keep you from studying by suggesting things to do for fun but concentrate on work before fun.

sereta

Strive to be the best i can be

Travis

The advice i would give my self is to not change myself for other people. In highschool I lived my life for others more than my self. I always ade decisions bades on others rather than me. So, i would tell my self that it is my life and i should do what i want and not let other people get in the way

Please study more and do not take biology the first semester, you can't handle it with your job. And enjoy your job. You actually need to take notes, study and read. And take the time to read everything and answer all the study questions.

Dear Old Self, I wished that I knew how to time manage myself in searching for scholarships. It was difficult trying to find money for school, and with all the prep for the SAT and ACT, financial aid was difficult to find. Never give up on your dreams even when you feel like its bludgeoning you down. You can do it, just you believe it. Remember to have fun but your future is your priority. Go for it.