Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The most obnoxious thing about Baylor University is the overwhelming lack of parking spaces. If you are student planning on bringing your car with you when you attend Baylor, it would be in your best interest to plan ahead for the parking diliemina. There aren't enough parking garages to satisfy the numerous drivers (both faculty and students). It would sometimes take me 30 minutes to find a parking spot, and sometimes that spot isn't anywhere close to my classes. Nevertheless, finding a parking spot isn't too bad of a problem if you wake up early enough.

There are not any major things that frustrate me at Baylor. One very unimportant detail that I wish could be changed is the fact that Baylor does not offer any Pepsi products on campus; only Dr. Pepper products are served. This is understandable, however, since Baylor University was funded a great deal by Dr. Pepper. Another thing that I am not looking forward to is taking two religion courses. This is also understandable though since Baylor is a baptist university. However, it does offer a basic knowledge of religion which is useful in life.

The most frustrating thing about school is trying to attend a school that offers so much, but doesn't put the information out there for it's students to find out. It's very frustrating to find out about different oppotunities offered by the University after you already passed the need for them. Baylor offers things, such as emergency loans, that most of it's students are unaware about unless someone who has found out the information tell you about it. The hidden opportunites are single-handedly the most frustrating aspect of this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the people are hard to get along with. Now, I have nothing against sororities, but I do not fit in with them. I have always been the type to focus on school and to do academic related things, so sorority things do not interest me. Unfortunately at Baylor, sororities rule the school. Normally I would be fine about this, but some racist comments have been made towards me about having interracial parents. It's a shame that my background counts more than who I am.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor is the lack of diversity. The social status gap is very wide. Most kids have enough money to waste on things that aren't neccessary. At Baylor you either have no money or your parents are loaded. There is also a lack of racial diversity, being that most races keep to their own. There's Asian student groups, Black student groups, Hispanic groups, and Caucasian groups. At a Baptist University you would think there would be a group all students for God together.

The most frustrating thing are some of the professors here are hard to understand. They want to teach but they're just not able to. I had one teacher last semester that would literally leave the class for a smoke break every class period. It's just frustrating because I am paying so much money to get a "good" education here but in regards to the teachers that would really help my major, they are the ones that lack the teaching ability. Baylor's not the best place for engineering.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor would have to be the requirements of Chapel your freshman year of enrollment. While I do value spirituality, I feel it is a bit hypocritical to force people to be religious. On top of the mandatory Scriptures Class, Chapel appears as just another supplemental filler to my weekly schedule. While a few Chapels are entertaining and enjoyable the majority are lackadaisical, and offer no true meaning to my relationship with God.

The most frustrating aspect of Baylor was the strong emphasis on greek life. I didn't like being tied to one large group so I never joined an organization until my senior year. My sorority was a small service group that has no other affiliation. The social scene at Baylor definitely revolves around fraternities and sororities. That being said, I was still able to find a group of people to connect with and made several close friends over the years.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor University is that everyone seems to be the same. All the guys wear the same thing, as do the girls. People are always joking about "Generic Baylor Girls" and "Generic Baylor Guys." College is a time to discover who you really are, not to follow and fit in like you tried to the first 18 years of your life. It's frustrating that people are not mature enough to understand that, and continue to follow the crowd.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor University is that the science courses are very difficult however this is also a good thing because it provides us with a strong science base and presents us with a challenge. I do not like for courses to be too easy, I prefer classes that stimulate my mind and thinking so this is a frustrating yet good thing. it shows that you have to work hard in order to achieve a high academic GPA.