Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

I guess Baylor has pretty good professors, although I can't say I've learned much from them, mainly because they overwhelm us with work and act like we're only taking their class, as if we had all day every day to study the material for that class. When first arriving at Baylor, you'll immediately start making friends, because at the beginning of the year, everyone acts nice to each other, whether it's because they're scared they won't make any friends or they're happy to see they're friends from last year. But once you get further into the schoolyear, you realize how very similar to Hell it really is. Hmm, I think that's irony.

For me, the biggest noticable thing was how the neighborhood and town of Waco has so many "projects." One would think that thriving and living around Baylor would allow the town to grow financially and be pretty well off. But in fact, Waco has one of the largest populations of homeless people in the state of Texas. Baylor does have its events, like Steppin' Out, in order to try and reach the community, but not enough of the students care enough to participate or even keep it up throughout each semester. There are plenty of opportunities to help though, you just gotta do it.

Overall, I couldn't be happier that I picked Baylor as my school. Generally small class sizes make it extremely easy to get to know your colleagues and professors. As a Christian, I appreciate the accepting environment for my beliefs, but I am also glad that those of other beliefs are accepted as well. Baylor is big enough to be competitive in NCAA Division I sports, but small enough that you can traverse campus on foot in under 15 minutes. The campus is sort of a safe haven in the middle of Waco, a rather dreary city. Stay close to campus and everything is great, though!

I love Baylor. It has a small school atmosphere while still offering the resources of a large school. There are always some activity going on somewhere around campus. It may be a concert or free food, you will be surprised at everything Baylor has to offer. There is a lot of pride for Baylor. Going to a football game, especially your first year, is a great experience. Freshmen get to run onto the field before the game and then the players run through. There are so many things Baylor has to offer. I would recommend coming to a Campus Tour to get to see our amazing campus.

Baylor is the best school in Texas. You get twice the education here than at SMU or TCU. Yea, our sports suffer but our teachers and dont and our degree means something. Baylor students are very real and not snobby. You can really find yourself here because it is so diverse. There is a place for everyone and Baylor makes it impossible to not find friends. The teachers care about you individually because it is a smaller school and when you are looking for a job, that counts. The teachers here make Baylor what it is.

Baylor is something of tumor in the Waco community. The school has a very wealthy student population and the school itself flaunts a well-manicured campus. This taste for the expensive contrasts with one of the most economically disadvantaged cities in Texas. Many Wacoans disaprove of the behavior of the Baylor students. A self-contained nature predominates the capmus, which has created a term to summarize this realtionship: The Baylor Bubble. The School prides itself on Christian ideals, tradition, and community.

Baylor has tons of extracurriculars to get involved with such as greek life, intramurals, student foundation and on-campus ministries... There is always an opportunity to 'experience' another culture, get free food, or enjoy one another. Living in the dorms was memorable and challenging, but I am thankful for the opportunity. A lot of students are proactive about the environment or poverty and try to do what they can to help.

Baylor really is a wonderful school. Each semester, I am amazed at the kindness of the people I meet and the professors I have. Most of the professors will go out of their way to help their students. There is a great deal of pride here at Baylor, and so much tradition, especially when it comes to Homecoming. Also, it doesn't hurt that the campus is absolutely beautiful!

I've always been told that going to college was going to be an eye-opening experience, but I never really imagined it being this way. Baylor has been an amazing experience for me, mainly due to the people. It really doesn't matter if you're talking to a student or to a member of the faculty, everyone is friendly, respectful, and, most shockingly, honest.

First of all, i love Baylor. I think it is an amazing school, but that doesn't mean it's perfect. It's a really good size. You get the feel of a decent-sized school while still being able to walk across campus and see people you know. Waco is definitely not a college town, but you learn to get used to its quirks.