Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Students at Baylor are challenged to learn, develop, and accomplish. With the hundreds of academic and social organizations on campus and study abroad options, we are given boundless opportunities to learn outside of the classroom and experience a fuller life. Numerous opportunities also exist off campus for involvement in the community. Waco seems at times to revolve around Baylor and we give back as much as possible. With all the amazing things going on on campus, sometimes we may be in the "Baylor Bubble", but I love that we all get to choose what to learn and where to explore.

The best thing about Baylor is their focus on integrity. Integrity is what sets a Baylor student apart from students at other institutions. At Baylor, everything a student does is to be centered on integrity. Baylor doesn’t pride itself on materialistic objects, but it prides itself on making sure its students are of the utmost quality. Having integrity sets a person apart by milestones and Baylor strives to develop this quality in every student. Not only does having integrity set a student apart academically, but it sets the student apart in every aspect of life.

The best thing about Baylor University would be the community. At Baylor, people are genuine with their words, and care for others. There is a strong appreciation of communion throughout the campus that gives students a sense of belonging. Baylor, being a Baptist university, is also strong in faith, which contributes to its vast, loving community. Through faith, students at Baylor are joined to one another on a deeper level of communion. Therefore, the community at Baylor University seems to be the best thing offered which is almost equal to its marvelous academics.

The Baylor campus is absolutely gorgeous. Green grass, towering trees, and a healthy mix of state of the art new buildings and old, historic buildings. It is also relatively small - one can traverse the whole thing in about 15 minutes on foot. This makes it great for getting between classes. One sore spot is the parking situation - most of the more central parking garages fill up early in the morning, if they weren't already full the night before from dorm-residents. You learn the right places to park so that you don't have to worry about it so much.

I love the fact that Baylor reaches out to the surrounding community. Waco is severely poverty stricken and has many homeless people living on the streets. There are countless needs to be met, and Baylor takes full advantage of its ability to help. One of the biggest responses to the needs in the community is an event held once each semester called Steppin' Out. It allows students to volunteer to serve the greater-Waco community, whether it be with an organization or as a single volunteer. Baylor continues to make service to others a top priority.

In my opinion, the best thing about Baylor is that we are a committed Christian institution that is also committed to strong academics. We are progressive and open-minded in our faith, but this is who we are, and it's not going to change anytime soon. Many students of other belief systems come to Baylor because they know that we provide a strong education grounded in strong values -- even if they disagree with the specifics of those values. The best thing about Baylor, for me, is that it has fashioned me to be an educated disciple of Christ.

The best thing about my school. Where do I begin? There are many things great about my school including the scenery, the people, and the classes. The school is surrounded by a lake which might be the best thing about it because you can look out at the lake from your dorm or apartment. Also, the people are diverse and willing to help you in any way. They are also friendly and outgoing making it easy to make friends. Finally, the classes are engaging with interesting topics as well as knowledgable professors who work in the chosen fields.

Community. The best thing about Baylor University is the community. It is like another presence here; a sixth sense, if you will. The community of people lives through each person and shows its colors everywhere around the campus. I would argue that Baylor has the best community of any college in the state because of each student's and teacher's friendliness and helpfulness. Of course, there are many other great thing about my school, but the community lives through the atmosphere and through the spirit of the campus and people.

One of the many great traits of Baylor University is the atmosphere. When you are at Baylor, you get this close-knit family atmosphere. The professors here at Baylor really care about their students and the professors enjoy getting to know you better as a person. What I admire about the professors is how passionate they are about seeing their students excel. Baylor is a school that will push to do your best. Which, is not a bad thing because on most occasions everyone needs a little motivation to create great work.

I consider my school to have a great community and student body amongst each other. The Baptist or christian heritage that Baylor University provides is something that other schools should look to. Baylor Universities student's are very helpful, and have great morals due to the baptist values starting from 1845 when the school was founded. The student body focuses and prides itself on academic excellence. Students at Baylor are very friendly and they will go out of their way to help another friend or peer in troubled times.