Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

The environment aoround campus and in classrooms is amazing. It is a beautiful campus; there are huge trees, abundant flowers, and even "pet" squirrels that roam the lawns. Everyone smiles at one other, even if that person does not know the other. Classes are small and designed to push and help students along the way. When Supplemental Instructions are not enough, students are able to visit with the professor who is more than willing to have outrageously long office hours in order to further assist those who need it.

The best thing about Baylor University is the faith-based community. I have found that it really helps out and it is easier when trying to make friends, because you automatically have something in common. I like the fact that it is so small and private, because there aren't as many people and it makes it easier to make friends and get closer to people. Plus, the professors are more helpful and can sometimes help you one-on-one because there aren't as many students present at Baylor as there are at other Universities.

Baylor is a very spirited school. The upperclassmen, faculty and staff all make sure to help explain the traditions and history of the school to the incoming students. Sporting events and fine arts performances are well advertised and supported by most of the students. Game days are very fun as the school makes arrangments for students to be involved in related activities for free. School spirit is an important aspect among student, staff and alumni at the school, as well as the city around the university.

Baylor University is a place to grow as an individual. It doesn't matter where you come from or who you are everyone has opportunities to succeed. The professors and administrators want all students to achieve their goals and strive for greatness. There are no limits to what a student can accomplish both academically and spiritually. Baylor University is a unique and special place because we graduate in a better place than where we started. We become our own person; we learn to think as an individual.

Baylor is has a great environment. It is a Christian school that really knows what they are doing. I was not very religious when I enrolled, but now I am on fire for God. The staff is excellent and knows how to help the students through registration, information, and any gen eral questions. Professors really know what they are doing, and the students are nice and friendly; it is easy to fit in. The fact that Baylo is a dry-campus is great and it helps eliminate many distractions and temptations.

Baylor challenges you academically as well as spiritually. Everyday you are pushed to think outside the box. There are many opportunities to do research with grad students to get experience. Since the course work is challenging, freshman and sophomore level classes have Supplemental Instruction to insure that students succeed and develop good study skills. There are resources available to students so that they can be successful so long as they apply themselves. No where else but Baylor!

The best thing about Baylor University is that feeling that comes over you once you take one step on campus. It's a feeling of comfort and support. I was worried to go to school here because it seemed like I was never going to find any kind of friends or faculty that would support me and accept me for me. I was quickly proven wrong when I met some of the most important people of my life as of right now. When and if you come to Baylor, just remember to be yourself because that's all you need.

The best thing about my school is that everyone is so friendly. I came from California, so when I came to Texas, I was a little suspicious when people were being so nice. It's funny now that I look back on it. So now when I see prospective students, I try to be nice to them because I remember how much I appreciated it. I also love how helpful and approachable the professors are. You are pretty much gauranteed to do better just by talking to them. You learn allot more that way.

It is very traditional and has buildings that mimic gothic churches from Europe but what most attracts students, myself included, to this school is the fact that many of the students and staff already here are very friendly. They're also very open to other people and tend to be very honest in accordance with the religious doctrines that this school is founded on. The best thing about this school is that it is small and allows for real relationships between people to flourish.

I admire the lengths Baylor goes to to offer safe, healthy alternatives to have fun as opposed to parties. It provides free concerts, fre admission into sporting events and celebrates different holidays throughout the year. It decorates the entire campus for Christmas, including a live nativity. I like that the University understands that we do not have a ton of money and tries to accomodate our needs through easily accessible affordable entertainment.