Baylor University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Baylor University

Adrian

Baylor is such a great school considering the culture and the people that go to the school. It’s like everyone has their own little niche in the school. Everyone is smart but everyone has a specific area where they specialize. I am the political/ social science junkie and I would go to the gym and be talking to someone who’s talent is dancing, then later on go get dinner or something and be eating with the son of a prominent oil tycoon. Great environment to network and great academics with guidance to beefed up your experience.

Samuel

I am a first-semester freshman, so the difficulty and stress of choosing a college is fresh in my mind. Even though I have only been at Baylor for a few months, I am completely confident that I am at the right place! The size and balance of the school is perfect for me. Baylor has all the resources of a large public university, so I always have access to the tools and facilities that I need for academic success. Baylor is also small enough to foster inviting and genuine community. Ultimately the community is what I love most about Baylor. There are no "unwritten" barriers between freshmen and the upperclassmen, or between those involved in Greek Life and those who are not. I am truly known, and truly know others at Baylor. I am part of a family.

Crina

AMAZING. I received a fantastic education, made lifelong friends, and grew incredibly as a person. I am super thankful for the opportunity to have attended this school on a full-ride scholarship.

Myracle

Its amazing. My first step on campus made it clear that this was the place I belonged. It is such an amazing area, and everyone is like family. Everyone around town is so supportive of the school and the students, and will give so much. There is constant positive energy and respect.

Carolina

I think it is a great university and am hoping to become a student. I have visited and think it is a beautiful campus with great classes to take. Also has a very good soccer program for both female and male. They aspire the students to be better then they think they are themselves.

Iman

Baylor University is the place to be if you are interested in Medicine. That's the reason I'm going and I can't wait for the academic adventure it holds. I've heard nothing but good things about BU from my cousins and current students. The teacher to student ratio is great; about 20 students in each class and I love how they care about you and your grade.

Diana

Baylor University has a very strong Christian atmosphere and all of the professors here want to see you succeed. There is no conflict or concern that is not timely and properly addressed. Safety on campus is incredible and on-campus living is an incredible experience.

Emilee

I absolutely love my school. They prioritize campus safety and academic excellence to the highest standards. The teachers are so understanding and always willing to answer any questions and provide the best help in any way they can. Baylor University is a wonderful school to attend!

Andrea

Baylor is a great university for those seeking to further their education and take their academics to the next level. It is a school who's staff is very involved and everyone is very supportive. Also, being in touch with one's religion is important at Baylor too. Here people can make lifelong friendships and get a higher education at the same time!

Jersey

I believe Baylor University as a whole is a great school. It overall depends on who you're with, and your choices of what you're going to do each step of the way. Just like any other universities, in general, the school just needs to follow up on student regulations. Believing so, I have heard from my classmates that their professors do perform as expected in the classrooms for the college students.

Ribesh

Baylor is an amazing university with a caring community and wonderful professors. The small community allows you to feel right at home from your first day on campus. The con of Baylor would be the expensive price tag of tuition. I love Baylor, but weigh your options if you're considering another school.

best

sucks. sexual assault scandals at its best. professors are bad but are big talkers.

Ali

Baylor University is known for its academic rigor and generally outstanding professors. Most professors you meet are kind and fascinating to meet and are experts in their fields. The campus is gorgeous and has beautiful architecture, and Baylor has many resources for students such as counseling services, academic tutoring, and on campus recreation. The people are generally nice and mind their own business, as the workload will tend to keep you busy. Overall, a degree from here will definitely set you on the right track once you pursue your career after graduation. This school is fantastic!

Danielle

Baylor is a great school with many opportunities for students to take advantage of. With that in mind, it can also be very challenging to fit in. Many of the students are very wealthy and privileged, and I do not come from a background such as that. It can be very hard to find a group of like-minded friends and a niche, but if one tries hard enough, it is definitely possible.

Natalia

I have lived in Mexico throughout all my life and I never thought I would be attending a university in the middle of Texas. I was scared being far from home, specially in a country were they speak another language and were it is said that college students are just a number. Coming to Baylor I have felt very welcomed and safe. Professors are genuine and really want you to succeed. When I was in math class, my second semester, my teacher saw me confused while looking at my notes. He called me by name at the end of class and offered me to help in any question I might have. Teachers here at Baylor are willing to help students in any possible way. Here at Baylor I have met life-long friends, I am able to be myself and I have learned a lot about my faith and made it stronger. I am humbled Jesus put this faith-filled place on my heart.

cadyn

I’ve wanted to go to Baylor since I was eight years old and googled “best premed” schools in Texas and the United States. Here we are ten years later and I will be attending Baylor in the fall of 2018. Baylor has always been home, every time I visit and I’m excited for what’s to come.

Lia

I would not go to school anywhere else! The Baylor University campus is gorgeous, most of my classes are small and the professors are accessible. There is a feeling of community here, I know I am getting a quality education, and that is what is most important to me.

Shukri

Baylor University offers a great inclusive community for everyone, and explores both the world around us and the past, while still staying attached to the Christians values of the campus. This campus provides many opportunities for the students to get involved with the surrounding community through volunteer work and more.

Priscila

Baylor is a beautiful campus full of culture and activities. The majority of professors are very passionate about what they teach as well as understanding and kind. There majority of students are American, and Asians. It is difficult being a Hispanic at Baylor because students might look down on us. Other than that, Baylor is a pretty great institution.

Lindsay

If you are Christian and you want to go to a University that incorporates the Christian faith in almost every class this a good university for you. The dorms are nice, and a lot of money goes into the football team. The honors programs are the best here.

Chassity

It is a great place to focus on academia without feeling burnt out due to the fun extras always going on off and on campus. It is a private Christian university so there are mandatory classes affiliated to religion. It's campus isn't to large or small, you can walk from one side to the other all within 15 minutes and it's very beautiful.

Kayte

I have been highly impressed with the education at Baylor University. I was a little skeptical about receiving a social work degree from a Christian university but I have found the professors to be very ethically engaged and supportive of equal rights for all and social justice minded. The quality of education is excellent with rigorous coursework and a well-rounded focus overall. I definitely recommend Baylor.

Zach

Baylor is a great place with so many relationships being developed year after year. You do not leave without a life-transforming experience. What takes place here will shape the rest of your life with the choices you make and the education you earn. There have been many issues revolved around the school over the past year. Amidst all the scandal, the student population has come together stronger against the turmoil. Anyone looking to come here can look forward to a faculty and staff that will seek out truth and the well-being of the students and a student body that supports and encourages in the trials.

Elan

Baylor provides a perfect synthesis of non-invasive faith, academic excellence, and extracurricular involvement. The campus is convenient yet nonetheless elegant, discovering social groups and friendships is nearly effortless, and the professor to student ratio makes Baylor unrivaled in terms of instructor/pupil engagement. Unlike most universities, the unique sizing and organization of Baylor's dormitories provides on-campus students with a unique opportunity to forge friendships and community ties with individuals who have similar ambitions.

Juan

Baylor University is a very academically and highly sociably inclined university with professors of high excellence that prepare the students for success. It has a very spiritual ambiance that’ll keep you feeling euphoric and enlightened. Until the southern conservatism and ignorance hits you and you feel like running far from this place. Surprisingly, the majority of the professors have portrayed a more liberal viewpoint which in retrospect makes sense as they are educated!

Sophia

Baylor, to me, is a place that I can call my home. I have never been on a campus that makes me feel like such a vital part of the community. I enjoy taking part in the big games (marching band), as well as receiving a great education that will set me up for my future in research.

Courtney

Baylor University is a great school. The classes are small and professors are always available to help students further understand class materials but are also available to offer advice, prayers, and consultation. The students are helpful and friendly. There are a wide range of things to do on campus as well as a few local restaurants that are to die for. Travelling to big cities on the weekend is also fun and available since Waco is right in the middle of Dallas, Austin, and Houston.

Clara

It's all right. I quite like it. Am I sure I should have chosen this school? No. Am I totally fine here? Yes, and I'm probably not a fair judge, as I don't get excited about very much in general. Many students really like it and are almost obsessed with it. It's a very safe and caring environment.

Catherine

Baylor University is the kind of school that makes you feel like you're back at home sitting in your favorite chair eating a hot chocolate chip cookie. You walk onto the campus, and you're greeted by thousands of smiling friendly faces that make it feel like you're right at home where you belong. The professors are top-notch, and some of the most genius people I have ever encountered. Not to mention that the Baylor Faculty treats you like not only a student, but a favorite VALUED student. This place is Baylor, this place is home.

Kelly

Baylor has good academics but campus life and life off of campus life is not great. It is hard for out of state students to meet lots of new people and transition at first (especially without a car). The very few activities off campus get old very quickly.

Thomas

Baylor is, in every sense, a diverse higher educational institution. Diverse in student body, athletics, academics, political views and extracurricular programs. Diverse in the sense that, unlike many specialized schools, no matter where they might begin at Baylor, if one digs deep enough, they will find a formidable depth of knowledge, of humanity and of achievement there.

Syd

The people at Baylor, both students, and staff members were cold and distant. It seemed as though they had a script that they read off of when a visitor would ask a question. The admissions counselor told me that I could find any information that I need on the website instead of helping me with​ what I was looking for.

Caleb

Baylor has been a truly life changing experience. I would recommend the university to ALL!

Katherine

Baylor is great! There really is a place for everyone here. If you're really into philanthropy, great. If you just have to go Greek, great. If all you want to do is go out on weekends, (and even weekdays) then that even great. There is a place for everyone!

Great place to be. The diversity of people you meet from all walks of life is amazing. Also the campus is very aesthetically pleasing so that's nice to see after a killer lectur. The on campus food could be improved for sure. However this should not stop anyone from attending this great university. Sic em!

Kylie

I like it for the most part. When looking at colleges, Baylor wasn't my first choice, and first semester I had a lot of trouble finding my place. However, it's a nice school, still a great atmosphere despite the news recently. Although sometimes if you're a person on heavy scholarship, it shows because so many people here have a lot of money.

Robert

I absolutely love Baylor! Just walking through campus is very peaceful which reflects the overall attitude that revolves around Baylor. There are so many opportunities to thrive in academics with all the services that are provided as well as opportunities for future employment. Baylor is an amazing school to attend because it is amazing in everything they do.

Chloe

The academics are honestly top notch. I love all of my professors and they do their best to really get to know their students. The class sizes are nice and small, so it really is more conducive to learning. The food isn't the best, and there have been some scandals concerning athletes. I find that Baylor is charging too much for things like the meal plans, mandated classes, and extra fees. While the academics of this college are really amazing and all they're cracked up to be, the college itself and how it's run could be better and more student focused. The other students on campus are friendly and always willing to lend a hand. The student culture is overall fairly respectful and kind.

Abigail

I love Baylor. It's a gorgeous campus filled with good people of all different backgrounds who have decided that they want to further their education and create great memories that will last forever. Baylor is a place where you can grow and learn and be whoever you want to be. Sic'em.

Haley

Baylor University seamlessly balances academics and spiritual growth. As a university, they are committed to educating students in a way that makes them successful in whatever field they pursue. As a Christian institution, Baylor offers plenty of opportunities for students to grow in their faith as well as have spiritual conversations with others. The university as a whole is very welcoming, no matter what a student's background or religious affiliation is. Baylor places a big emphasis on community and the Baylor family. This emphasis makes students and parents alike feel as though they are a part of something much greater and encourages a deep sense of pride in the school. Because students are a part of the Baylor family, they are encouraged to be involved and become a part of the many clubs and organizations on campus. Baylor is overall a school that encourages its students towards greatness in all areas of their lives and sets students up to be leaders in the workforce, their individual communities, and the church.

Miguel

Baylor University is an institution recognized by its research programs and its world-class institution. The most important characteristic of Baylor is that it combines religion and academics in order to have a peaceful community. The thing about Baylor is that all types of people come together and show how the world really is.

The professors are extremely nice and they really make an effort to help all of their students. It is really easy to get connected on campus, and there are a lot of different options for what to get involved in. Classmates are all very friendly and helpful too.

Shelby

I is a great environment that fosters learning as well as the christian faith. There are a variety of ways to get involved on and off campus. Professors genuinely care and they have ample opportunities for supporting students. There are lots of programs on campus to ensure student success.

Isabel

Baylor is such a great school! I recommend everyone to go there or at least consider! Everyone is so friendly and the professors really make you feel like you can be successful. The campus is beautiful and not too big. All the students that attend really want to be successful and get a good education.

Rolando

Baylor is a great campus to pursue your dreams at. You will meet people from every culture of the world and everyone listens to what you have to say. It's strong Christian background creates a welcoming environment to everyone who decides do join the Bear Family.

Jean Pierre

Baylor University is a great academic university. The classes are very educational and the school challenges its students. However, it is not very diverse racially or ethnically. For minorities, it feels a bit off. People are generally nice but won't really integrate much diversity in their friend groups.

Elisa

Baylor University is definitely a decent university, but it's not meant for everyone. It is the perfect place for those who are white, Christian and conservative, however that's not to say that people of different races, cultural backgrounds and religious viewpoints won't fit in are miserable! It is pretty racially diverse, even though the majority of the students are white and it's not as bad as people would assume in terms of inclusiveness. There are many different clubs and organizations one can get involved in, and you can find your niche very easily if you try and be friendly towards everyone around you. In terms of academics, Baylor is subpar in my opinion. I've had nothing but mostly negative experiences with my professors, many of whom never seemed to care that I was struggling in the course material. Waco is boring; being from California I often found myself depressed and feeling like I could have a much more fun and exciting experience at another school. Overall, Baylor is okay but not great-- but everyone has their own perspective!

Sergio

Currently as a freshman, my opinion of Baylor University is great. I felt very welcome upon move-in, and feel generally accepted among others. Faculty are really nice, professors are great and super helpful and the overall mood on campus is simply great.

Bri

Baylor is an amazing school. It is not for everyone but I found that it was for me. The school has issues with sexual assault but which school does not. The media misconstrued just how bad the issue is at Baylor. Personally I feel safe, but I know that there are women that do not. Besides that one issue, I have no complaints about Baylor.

Sheridan

Great university, fueled by christian beliefs. Hard, but rewarding and full of friendly staff members. The are many chritian ministries that outreach to the youth so students dont feel like outsiders. Although we are christian we love everyone on our campus