Baylor University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Baylor University

Ethan

Baylor University is a school founded in Christian faith, one that fosters a kind atmosphere and a general love among people. With that being said, if you are not Christian and attend Baylor you will feel out of place to some degree. Baylor offers many dining halls which provide a multitude of foods that are convenient and rather diverse. The teachers are rather nice and in general will work with your schedule as need be. The student body is lackluster in terms of school spirit in terms of sporting events, and the “party” scene is not very promienent. All in all the education is great and it’s a good experience all in all at Baylor University.

Baylor is a beautiful place. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the people and atmosphere are as well. It is rare to find someone, student or faculty, that does not care for you. The professors try their hardest to be available to their students, and it is evident that they want their students to succeed. There are so many things to get involved in. Missions and service projects are also a big deal. Baylor definitely pushes the idea of taking care of your community.

Carina

If I had to choose a college all over again, I would still choose Baylor.

Avery

Baylor is a great school and has opportunities for everyone. The student to faculty relationships are amazing, all faculty loves to help and is very connected to the student body. Waco is a great place, although a car is definitely necessary. A visit to Baylor is highly advised.

Paxton

I would recommend everyone to go to Baylor. The classrooms are small, teachers know your name and want to help, and academics are terrific. The campus is large enough so you don't run into the same people everyday, but small enough that you never see your friends.

I have been attending Baylor for a little over one semester and I love it. I grew up overseas in Singapore, so I was slightly nervous to come back to the states for university. However, Baylor made me feel extremely welcomed and at home. Not only is the campus gorgeous, but people are friendly and professors are eager to help. The academics provide an appropriate challenge and I have already learned so much about film! One of my favorite parts about my school is how much they value tradition. Our school spirit is sky high because of this! I've stepped on a few other college campuses in the past few months, but they definitely do not have the same uplifting atmosphere that Baylor has. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Baylor University is a great Baptist school with a soulful environment. The academics are wonderful, and the students attending Baylor are very knowledgeable and smart, and Baylor succeeds at producing successful workers. Overall, the University is a wonderful school, where I feel very safe. I am very excited to attend Baylor University in the fall.

Amber

I love Baylor University. This school really brings people together from not only all over the country, but all over the world. The people are really care about getting to know you and make sure you are successful. The professors are not only extremely versed in their subjects but they are available and willing to help students get better and succeed.

Caroline

Baylor University is home. It advocates for it's students, and is always helpful when help is needed. It's a fabulous place to find a new friend and a family, and encourages all it's students to get involved on on campus activities as well as off campus. The teachers are excellent and are always available to help their students when help is needed. I 100% recommend going to Baylor and to give the campus a visit.

Justys

Baylor truly succeeded at making being 1647 miles from home not so hard. Through the many campus activities Baylor offers, I have met many amazing people I can study with, explore Wacky Waco with, and most of all Sic Em’ with. Overall, just after a few short weeks of attending Baylor Univerisity, I felt right at home and happy to be in the colorful town of Waco, Texas.

Overall, Baylor University is an excellent and beautiful campus. There is something for everyone in everything (class size, extracurriculars, majors)! ALL the staff is super dedicated to what they do. There is also many places a student can reach out for help in whatever they need. The on campus clinic is super convenient, along with the free tutoring. I wouldn't want to be anything but a Baylor Bear! SIC EM!

Mariana

Great School! Lots of friendly people. A lot of available help for students. Professors have regular office hours and if that doesn’t work for you they are willing to work around that. I feel they are a lot of campus events, which are a great opportunity to socialize with peers.

Breanna

Baylor is a very great school with lots of social activities, good food, and plenty of fun activities. However the students barley get to participate in said events do the sheer amount of school work the professors require. Baylor is a prestigious university, however on many occasions it crosses the line from "prestigious" to "overbearing." many times I have not had enough hours in the day to complete all of my schoolwork. I say this is a great school to send your child to if they have no interest in having a social life, or if your child joins with many college credits already so they can take the minimum 12 hours per semester.

Emma

I love Baylor! I would highly recommend Baylor to my peers. It is very personal, but definitely still has plenty of people to make it feel that it is bigger than high school. The people there are generally very friendly and welcoming, and willing to help others.

April

Baylor University is the most welcoming, well-rounded, and beautiful campus that you will ever encounter. The faculty and students are friendly and inviting. The education is top notch, and the professors are truly incredible. Baylor focuses not only your education, but you as a person. Baylor is a place that I feel I will grow and thrive in so many ways. With people all around me that are willing and wanting to help me, and with an environment that equips me to pursue the things that I love, I know that Baylor will lead me, and any other hardworking student to success.

It's a fantastic place to study and learn more about the world and yourself. Great opportunities to grow academically and spiritually in a safe and loving environment. I had an amazing experience here and was accepted into my top choice graduate school because of the stellar academic preparation! All in all, this university can become your second home.

Alexandra

Baylor’s nationally ranked academic programs, devoted Christian faith, and picturesque campus are just a few of the qualities that drew me towards the university. The 14 to 1 student to faculty ratio at Baylor allows me to make connections with professors that help me obtain internships and research opportunities. At Baylor, I grow not just intellectually, but spiritually as well as I connect my Christian faith to my education to ensure that I obtain a well-rounded education. Baylor has an estimated 70% medical acceptance rate which is about twice the national average. Baylor’s pre-med program is dedicated to helping its students succeed. Baylor chemistry professor Dr. Pinney has been conducting a research project on wiping out cancer cells and tumors and he along with his team are investigating new therapeutic agents. Dr. Pinney’s team consists of five to ten undergraduate students who are selected to be a part of the investigation. This reveals that Baylor pre-med students have a well-rounded education because of their learning experiences that expand outside of the classrooms. Baylor students are constantly involved in service projects that are based locally and globally. Baylor’s Global Missions would allow me to volunteer on the global scale while simultaneously working with students who value the same experiences.

ryan

Baylor University is a great school. I love the atmosphere it brings to its students and I wouldn't choose any other school other than Baylor. The people here are great and I have made great friends that I will have for the rest of my life. Most people come to Baylor for the science department. There are excellent in what they do and develop their students to the best of their ability.

Cailyn

I attended Baylor University my freshman year before transferring and this is what I have to say about Baylor. PROS: It's so beautiful, the campus and football stadium and everything is so beautiful. The class sizes are amazing if you would like to have small classes as a priority this is a good place. If you are religious this is a good place to come as well as you'll have a lot of people to relate to. The dining hall food is pretty good and pretty customizable to my needs. One time I messaged the dining hall on facebook about a vegetarian option and they made a whole special batch just for me! CONS: If you aren't religious/don't fit the stereotypical mold at Baylor it could be hard to find your niche and place in the university. You could either be placed in brand new dorms or ones that haven't been updated since the 1950s so register early if you want the newer dorms. There's not much to do in Waco unless you get pretty creative, almost everything closes by 8pm and after that on the weekends usually your only option is frat parties. My fair warning is if you are wary about the religious/conservative culture and aren't sure if you won't fit in or super like it, it's hard to simply overlook it at that school. If that doesn't really bother you then I'd say go ahead it's a beautiful school with great athletics (the basketball teams are amazing and the games are super fun!!) and great academics (all of my teachers were really great and went above and beyond if I reached out for help) ALSO: take advantage of the resources they do offer like free business clothes for interviews, free amazing tutoring, and some neat media programs and check outs in the library! GOOD LUCK, hope you find the right college and don't end up having to transfer like me! XOXO

Weston

Baylor is an absolutely amazing school. I am convinced I would not be happy anywhere else. The communities and organizations are perfect, faculty and staff are always helpful and here for their students and have a genuine interest and care for them, extracurriculars are well organized, popular and heavily encouraged. It is very easy to find a group that you correlate well with and there is no other place like it.

Christopher

I've always heard the cliche, " come to this college, they will treat you like family." But Baylor really exemplifies what it means to care for one another and to get to know the faculty and staff on a one to one basis. Family and tradition is what Baylor is all about.

Clare

My overall opinion of Baylor University is that this experience has only been the beginning of an enriching and fulfilling journey which will prepare me for the professional world. As a freshman, in these past few months Baylor has already aided me in finding my true identity and intellectual abilities enabling me to leave a positive footprint in my chosen career.

Nicholle

No matter your major Baylor is a school that will fulfill your academic needs and challenge you to be the best you can be. The people here are so friendly, and you will never feel out of place in this Christian loving community. Baylor encourages students to grow in their faith, and show love to all people. Although Baylor is a great campus, the city it is in Waco is very dry, and students could have a hard time finding fun on a weekend.

Ebose

Baylor University, in my opinion, is a fantastic school! It had always been my first choice as a high school student. I had heard the negatives and the positives and was ready to experience it first hand. Immediately I walked on the beautiful campus, I feel in love! The campus is big enough where you don't see the same people everyday, but small enough where you always see a familiar face. The diversity on campus is great! Most of the housing on campus can be described as a comfortable, and safe community based zone. The coursework is rigorous but they give you ALL the help you need. There are so many resources in place to help you succeed and graduate. It is very expensive but I promise its worth it.

Laura

Baylor seems like a really good school that focuses on all of their students. The academic opportunities are awesome. They have just about any clubs or teams that anyone would be interested in. Baylor is a tight-knit community. Everyone is like a big family. If you need help or advice everyone’s there for you.

Victoria

Love it! This school works to fit everyones needs. I was pleasantly surprised to hear about all the assessable resources there are around campus. The professors are always open to help you, even in the larger introductory classes, the professors will always see you. The atmosphere is encouraging, I'll admit when I first arrived it took some time to adjust being on my own, but Baylor didn't take long to feel like home.

Caleigh

I fit in the community of Baylor very easily. Everyone is so kind and though we are all competitive, there is never a moment where we won't try and help one another in classes as well as out of class in social situations. The campus is beautiful and is easy to get around once you know your classes! Professors are quick to email back and eager to help with any problem students may have. They will often open up extra office hours if they know a hard chapter us upon us. Overall, Baylor has become my home and I will forever be a bear!

Imani

Baylor is a wonderful place for growth as a person. Especially by myself being of African American descent and the majority of Baylor's students being Caucasian, I have learned so much from simple day to day interactions with the different cultures. By being exposed to the various ethnicities and cultures that Baylor encompasses, open-mindedness is born. Looking back on my first year at Baylor, I don't regret one single thing, good or bad. Why? Because even through rough times and difficult situations, there is always something positive to learn from it and by gaining such knowledge, you would be less prone to making the same mistake(s) as you did before, further preparing you for future encounters and opportunities.

Isaiah

The school not only focuses on sports but also and more importantly, academics. They make the students work hard for what they want. The school offers a lot of activities outside the classroom. This helps give the mind a rest after studying. Almost everything you need to live is on campus or near by. This makes it easier to live, which makes it easier to focus on why I am in school in the first place.

Tierra

Just like any school, there is a lot they don’t tell you on your visit and during orientation. Overall, it’s okay. I believe this is the type of school you grow into loving. Realize that not everyone has your best interest at heart, so find a support group and member on staff who will look out for you.

Gabbi

I like it a lot. As an honors student I feel I have good access to my professors and my advisors really care about me. I have met some really great kids. Waco is quiet which is good because it's not too distracting but if you look hard enough there is fun stuff out there.

Halle

I love my school and am extremely happy with my decision. The students Baylor are incredibly supportive and kind, everyone is so welcoming. Baylor's professors are outstanding and genuinely care about their students. The campus is beautiful and the culture is even better!

Noah

W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. Overall, I love Baylor! It is a beautiful campus, and so far the teachers I've had class with are very kind people. I am an Interior Design major which is a fairly small majoring class, but all the students have been so kind to help other students with projects and assignments, share encouraging words, and become friends with the rest of the students in the major. My only complaint is our university was blessed with quite a bit of money at a charity event and instead of using the money on renovating desperately-needed education buildings and dorms. Baylor is choosing to construct a new welcome center building which is unneeded and served towards potential students and constructing more renovations to our newer education buildings.

Karis

The atmosphere around Baylor University is FRIENDLY. From the students, to the staff to the faculty. There is a reason we cal ourselves Baylor Family! As a Christian University there are electives on faith, scriptures and Christian heritage. All opinions are actually welcome and debate is encouraged. And no matter your opinion it will be healthily challenged!

Courtney

I am currently attending temple but I plan on transferring to Baylor for their nursing program because they have one of the top ranked nursing programs. Overall I am a Baylor fan for sports and I hear a lot from my friends, who go to Baylor, about the school which they really love it there.

AR

When I first toured Baylor, I was unsure whether it was the right fit for me. As I walked around though, it was the people and the atmosphere that changed everything for me. At Baylor everyone (for the most part) is super friendly and inclusive- whether you're rushing to class or grabbing coffee at Common Grounds- you're bound to run into someone you know, or to find yourself in a conversation with someone new. Another great aspect of Baylor is all of the campus-wide traditions; freshman follies (a huge food fight on Fountain mall), thanksgiving dinner on campus, Christmas on 5th, Dia Del Oso (a day where all students get the day off from classes- it's amazing.) The only minor drawback of Baylor would be that there aren't many options for things to do on the weekends. I love Waco- but when I lived there fun places/activities were limited- but it's only a pretty short drive to Dallas or Austin. Then there's Cameron Park- one of the most amazing places in Waco- with running and mountain biking trails, fishing, and countless overlook points you could easily spend the entire day there just exploring. I definitely did on numerous occasions. Overall there are positives and negatives about every college- but there's always been something special about Baylor in my opinion- the community felt like a second family. If you're interested I HIGHLY recommend it.

Angel

Baylor is an amazing University,the teachers are great always pushing you to the best of your abilities. I highly think this is a great University, students get involved with each other. When I visited I like how everyone always interacted with each other and it's like they really enjoyed what they were doing. The university has like everything you would ever wanna do. I love it.

Jamie

I love Baylor. The University has a great atmosphere and learning environment. The teachers there are very helpful and honestly seek the best education for the student's success. The people are open and nice. They accept anyone from anywhere and they have also succeeded in making many students feel welcomed with open arms.

Jadie

Baylor has a beautiful campus with amazing facilities and opportunities that students can feel at home in. Baylor also has amazing traditions that students love to take part in. Things including the Baylor Line, Dr. Pepper Hour, and Christmas on 5th Street are some of my favorite traditions.

Tiffany

Baylor University is incredibly unique in that the campus as a whole promotes important values that all college campus' should try to incorporate more onto their respective campus'. Baylor is able to combine an intellectual activity that springs from the disciplined habits of the heart and inspires action on behalf of the world. There is such an emphasis on tradition here that truly makes the Baylor experience one of a kind. All of the professors I have had so far have been kind and supportive of their students and want them to succeed. The liberal arts education seeks to equip individuals to understand life as a divine calling and thus serve society and the world in the name of the Lord while also emphasizing the importance of a holistic, interdisciplinary education. While I am only a freshman, I am so grateful to have chosen this campus and am excited to explore more throughout my next three years.

Tamar

Its a great school, it needs to be more diverse, and maybe include more cultural events.

Deepa

I believe that Baylor University is an outstanding school. I got accepted to a graduate program, and I will be starting in the Fall 2019 semester. I am super excited, and I love how the admissions, to advisors, and faculty have been supportive in helping to get set up and getting through being prepared prior to classes starting.

Kale

Baylor has always been my dream school and it is nothing short of everything I've always looked forward to. Baylor thrives based upon a community of students and faculty who genuinely care for one another's well-being and who seek to create an impact on the world after college.

AJ

Baylor is family. Baylor University is worth every penny I am taking out in loans. The faculty and my peers have inspired me beyond words. Baylor helped me find my faith, my friends, and my future career. Going to football games, walking around Waco (especially going to Magnolia), and Dr. Pepper hours are what I love for.

Kristyn

Baylor University truly feels like a family. I know a lot of colleges say that however, after visiting numerous Baylor was the only campus I truly felt welcomed and safe. I love the campus traditions such as the Baylor line, Dia del Oso, Tortilla Toss, Christmas on 5th Street, and so much more. I highly recommend Baylor University.

Bayleigh

Since arriving at Baylor University in the fall of 2019, I have gotten a crash course on college life. Baylor is the perfect size at about 17,000 students; we are big enough to be in the Big Twelve for football and number 1 in the nation for several other sports, have a large amount of Greek life on campus, and rarely run into the same person twice, but we are also small enough to have freshman classes with no more than 90 students (I even had a class of just six), professors who know you by name, and a Community Leader (RA) who guides freshmen through that first rough year.

Piper

It's a fantastic school, both for academics and college experience if you're interested in Division 1 football. However, it is a private Baptist university, so you have to take everything with a grain of salt. The administration says one thing about the Bible and church, but the professors and the community say otherwise. Everyone is very welcoming and they genuinely want you to succeed.

Braiden

One of the best decisions I have ever made is choosing to attend and get involved in Baylor University. Although it is considered a, "Christian school," Baylor is accepting of everyone no matter what one's personal beliefs are. The academics are top tier and rank among the top in the state. Baylor is not only an academic school, but its athletics are phenomenal. With Baylor's football and basketball teams currently ranking in the top 10 in the entire nation, every game on campus is a moment to remember. The professors here at Baylor are the most caring and kind people you can possibly meet as they care about who you are as a person, not just the grade you get on an exam. For anybody considering attending Baylor University, trust me, it will be one of the best decisions you will ever make in your life too. Sic 'Em Bears!!!

Evan

Baylor Has always been my dream school. I used to visit every year with my mom to look at the campus. Now it is number one the list of schools that I want to attend. Setting aside my own personal feeling, Baylor is a very Christian based school with thousands of opportunities an I would recommend it to just about everyone planning for college.

Emma

Baylor University is a great university where the class sizes have a nice teacher to student ratio and I can often communicate with my professors. It is a great learning environment and I often have intellectual conversations in and out of the school buildings. The school has given difficulty in regards to relations with the LGBTQ groups on campus. Overall the campus is really great and I am getting a great education, it can just be a bit difficult trying to find a place to fit in sometimes.