Leesburg, FL
Beacon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Beacon College

Imagine being told that you won't go to college because of your learning disability! Those words were said to me when I was younger. My parents didn't listen and believed in me to go to college. I got the help I needed through high school to help me get to college. That's when we found Beacon College through a friend. Beacon College is a 2 year and 4 year college for students with learning disabilities. I was very excited to go to a college that I knew I could succeed at and get the help that I needed to graduate with a degree. Beacon College is a great school for students with learning disabilities. They provide each student with a mentor to help you while you are at school. I had the help I needed anytime with my studies. The professors want you to succeed and help you. I had the opportunity to build a relationship with my professors. The class sizes are small that way you get more attention. I beat the odds and went to a college geared towards my needs and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts. I recommend Beacon College to anyone looking for a great college for their children with learning disabilities.

David

Beacon is the best college that I could attend. The offerings and services are great and considering the fact that it is a school for students with learning disabilities and they help students in all areas and it helps us become successful.

salvatore

Just be yourself and everything will work out for the best. Its hard to think that when you are going to start college. And if college isn't for you then it was an experience and something that tou can say you did

this college is for young adults who have a diagnosed with a learning diability.

Kaila

Throughout high school I wanted to become a Physical Therapist. That was my ultimate passion and goal. But I noticed that I couldn’t keep up with the challenging workload. So I struggled though the whole semester. When I received my finial grade I did terrible. Now that I’m in college I would advise myself its okay to challenge yourself but make sure it’s realistic.

The writing center is the best place. Why, becuase the writing specialist help me on my grammar errors and puncuction, sentence stucture.

I brag about my dorm. My dorm is set up apartement style; I have a kitchen, living room, washer and dryer also two bedrooms, a bathroom.

Shannon

If I could go back in time, I would have become more involved in sports, and school based organizations. When you have a learning disability, you don't fit in groups you'd like to join...or at least you don't think you fit. I would have had more confidence in myself and not get caught up in the "I probably won't shine in "that" either syndrome." I would have listened to my mother (my dad died of cancer when I was twelve), and my high school principal with more interest. They paved a road for me and I would often take the dirt path. There is a certain amount of socialization that takes place in high school that prepares you for college. I cut myself short in that area.

The best thing about my college is that I probably wouldn't have been able to attend college and have a chance of being successful had I not been accepted at Beacon. Beacon College is the only 4-year accredited college in the country that is exclusively for students with language based learning disabilities. I have 2 learning disabilities. The school has a lot of resources to assist students in learning strategies to understand, orgaanize, and lessons. I will be able to compete in the job market when I graduate.

The student who should not consider Beacon College is the student who does not want to work hard to own the disability they have. The person who does not believe they can be successful, or the person who has no goals should not attend Beacon.

Beacon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.