Belhaven University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Belhaven University

shanda

My overall opinion of Belhaven University is described as a great opportunity for people of Christian belief to really expand in their faith. We are a Christian school and Christ is a big priority for us. We learn how to grow in our faith and how to teach others especially the youth. We are a division three school and we have a beautiful campus and we are still building and trying to make it better. The faculty and staff are humbled and sweet people that genuinely care about their students. They are willing to work hard and make sure that their students have an understanding of what they are trying to accomplish here at Belhaven.

Naria

I love the atmosphere of family. the professors are really there for you and want you to succeed. They push to your limits and help you excel, and they get you to the potential that they see in you which is always higher than we see ourselves. i had few teachers ask me if my flights home went okay, and asked me how my other classes were going and if they could help in any way.

Kylind

Belhaven is a great school. It's very safe, and everyone there is polite and very helpful. The classes aren't big which makes it easier to pay attention, and to ask the professor for help if needed. I am so glad I chose this university, and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

Madeline

The college is a great place to learn basic education from a Christian standpoint--excellent for being personal with teachers. However, as the college is small, it has its weak points and is a bit of a let down compared to what other colleges offer in terms of scholarships, financial help, job opportunities, and opportunities in the real world. The career office couldn't help me find a job over the summer to internship as, which was a massive problem, especially as a Creative Writing major. However, the education to be had is rich and incredible compared to the competitive, in it for yourself attitude some schools have.

Susanna

Belhaven is a great small university with diverse groups of people and amazing professors. The Campus is small but beautiful and central in the city of Jackson. The athletics are okay in that they are fun to go to but we do not win every game or match.

It is a really well recommenced school for academics, would not recommend coming for their athletics. They have a lot of options, but for teachers they are few to slim. So if you do not like a certain professor, they do not have many if none to choose from for certain classes. Also, for sports they have many options, but the athletes are not very well picked or treated well by the school policies or teachers.

John

Belhaven is the best college and there is no place on earth I'd rather be. We're all good people who just want to help each other and bring glory to God; for the most part, that is, as we are very accepting of those who believe differently. All in all, Belhaven is a lovely place both figuratively and literally, has high Christian morals, and is just a great place to be if you're looking for joy. As our motto says, "To serve, not to be served", because we just here to serve the Maker and have a great time doing it.

kayla

Awesome. Belhaven University is one of the best Universities in Mississippi. In fact in my opinion it is the best. It offers many opportunities for growth-spiritual, educational, and social, in a good environment. Students are surrounded by professors and students who share a love for Jesus Christ and are not ashamed to share. It's a good place to call home away from home. The school appreciates it's students and does all it can to help their students succeed.

Angel

Belhaven University is a great school. I am an " 2002 Alumnus "! The grounds are well kept and the professors are really attentive to your needs and work with you! Go Blazers!!!

Grace

Belhaven University provides a very homey atmosphere even when your 8 hours away from home. The campus is beautiful and the students make it feel like a community rather than school. the volleyball coach is awesome and the way the school leads you to Christ helps keep your faith.

Belhaven University is a wonderful, small university that fosters community, education and artistic exploration. At Belhaven, classes are small and the faculty is well equipped and knowledgable. Professors are easily accessible and care about their students.

Jadyn

Belhaven University has a beautiful campus. I like the smaller size of the campus because it feels more like a family and a home. The people were so welcoming and pleasant and I loved the Christ-center environment they provide.

Letassha

I love my school, i love the Christian foundatio we have there.

Shonda

I feel as if Belhaven is a place of not just learning to get a degree but they are more into our worldview of our lives outside of school, due to Belhaven being a Christian college. Not only you take what you learn academically but making sure to keep God in our everyday life and work as well.

Lashavia

Belhaven University is really big about academics and I love it because it is a small environment and people here are friendly and are willing to help you with things when help is needed. You can actually go to the professor one-on-one help if you have questions about any kind of work.

Caroline

Belhaven is a great university if you are looking for a place with a small, homey feel. Class sizes are generally pretty small unless they are general education classes, and the professors are amazing. Very helpful and accommodating. However, it is a really small campus and can tend to seem suffocating at times.

Wesly

Belhaven University is a very clearly defined liberal arts college with distinctly Christian values. It is why I chose such a place. Occasionally the two things mix and conflict, but most professors are well-versed in steering constructive discussion. I would certainly recommend their part-time graduate level programs in Education.

I believe that Belhaven University fosters an environment that puts education in the top position of importance while still working to create a student life that is engaging and enjoyable for students who live both on and off campus. The class sizes allow for each student to receive the attention they need and the availability of my professors both in and out of class has been nothing less than great. Not only have professors helped with educational needs, but there have been times where they have helped non-local students find services for things dental care or auto repair. All in all, both faculty and staff at Belhaven have proven to be kind and helpful, expressing genuine care for their students.

Myiesha

BELHAVEN HAS THE BEST SCHOOL ACADEMIC WISE AND I LOVE THE PEOPLE THERE ! Also, I love the students there. My teammates are the overall best. The coaching staff there is great. The overall staff is awesome. There is nothing there that you cannot get done.

Shayla

I have had an amazing experience at Belhaven so far! There is an amazing sense of family and community between the student body, The faculty is helpful and genuinely wants you to succeed. I can't recommend it enough. It has an amazing dance program as well! Definitely a stand out!

hailey

It is a beautiful campus, there is a ton of scenery all over campus and the facilities are clean and the campus security is wonderful and always make sure that it is safe, the chemistry is amazing on campus, and the teachers are very supportive and are great at interacting with students

Carissa

Belhaven is a quiet small campus that has many opportunities for students and teachers to get involved. I like the school, but most of the students are very unwelcoming and rude. They are very judgemental sometimes

Cristan

I love the school! Belhaven has helped me grow academically, musically, and spiritually! The professors are always available, and the relationships you create with the professors are irreplaceable. I could not imagine being any where else. Belhaven is the perfect fit!