Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Tara

Bellevue College makes it very simple for anyone to get a great education. It is full of diversity and encourages people to express their voice and opinions. The social life at Bellevue College is not the best unless you join a student club or organization. If you are looking for a place that will make furthering your education very accessible and simple and support you through the process then Bellevue College is the right place to go.

Nathan

Bellevue College is a very nice 2 year school that does offer some 4 year degrees. There are many degrees that are offered at Bellevue College and all of them gear you towards the next part of your life. Bellevue College has a lot of great programs on helping you choose a degree and what you need to do to help you in achieving your degree. When it comes to safety, Bellevue College is heavily patrolled by campus security resulting into a very safe campus.

Victoria

Class sizes are very comfortable. Never more than 25ish people in one class. Professors are very helpful and know their students on a more personal level than is common at large universities. Online classes are very well structured and professors are also very clear and helpful in those classes. Good school to start your college education at. More of a 2 year college, which students then transfer from to larger universities or 4 year colleges.

Ariana

I have attended 2 previous colleges in California. In comparison, I love Bellevue College. I feel like the response rate and care of students is much higher. The faculty is really there for their students and don't just push you off. It is also a diverse community with many cultures to learn from. I have been very happy with my decision to attend and I would recommend Bellevue College to others.

Alexandra

I've been around this school quite a bit so nothing that I can think of.

I've been around this school quite a bit so nothing that I can think of.

If I could go back and give myself advice I would have told myself to do more research about colleges and what fits me best. I took a year off to do that but I wish I could have done more of that at least my senior year in high school. Also to prepare a bit more for the money aspect and what was coming. Not only that but having a better idea of what classes I wanted to take.

I have had a few misunderstandings about payments, but other then that everything has been pretty good.

Jenna

Bellevue College teachers truely do care that you understand the material and although much of heir instruction is online, they make sure to still have that personal touch.

I would recommend that college age me tries a variety of class subjects out so that I can find exactly the direction I want to follow. I entered college on one particular track and then found out after I spent all my money that I had saved that I was not truly passionate about my degree choice. From there I branched out to other subject areas and after I got the opportunity to try several different classes I found my passion. I would also advise college me to have strong communication with teachers. Almost all my teachers have been ready to help if ever requested but I have always struggled to ask questions and seek extra help. Finally, I would recommend that in high school I start applying for scholarships so that I don't have to work full time throughout my entire degree. There are so many opportunities out there it would have greatly healped had I accessed them sooner.

I hate the automated systems I encounter whenever I call offices on campus. It usually takes 10-12 steps and extensions until I can leave a message for my advisor and often the system just hangs up on me before I get there. I try to email but ususally my questions are not answered nearly as fast as if I could just ask a department's receptionist something.

joseph

Everyone at BC welcomes you regardless of your differences as they help you get the most enjoyable experiences from your college years.

Honestly talking to myself as a high school senior, I would urge myself to drop out of highschool. Because my parents make decent money, and yet are unable to help me with school, I have been unable to get financial aid, and therefore have been working full time in order to pursue my dream of going to college. If I had dropped out, BC and several other colleges in Washington have full ride scholarships for high school dropouts that aren't very hard to get at all. If I was able to do that, I would be able to work less, only having to work enough to pay for rent and food, and giving me more time to focus on the things I love, like going to school and learning. This would also give me more time to study, resulting in better grades and even more opportunities for my future.

This is a place where driven individuals can go to help eachother learn and grow as they pursue their own interests.

Andrew

College is a monumental stage in life. I ended up starting my college career at a community college because I was not taking school seriously in high school. I did not have the slightest clue as to what I wanted to study. I knew heading into my freshman year of college that the community college would be a stepping stone. I grew as a person and student as I lived at home and worked to save money for college. My first quarter was mediocre relative to my lofty goals. However I learned the correct way to study for college level classes. Now heading into the third quarter of my freshman year, I have a 3.71 gpa and I feel that I am ready to transfer to a 4-year university. I would advise anyone who does not feel ready for college start by taking their freshman classes at a community college. It helped shape me into the student I will be from now on.

Someone who is not quite sure what they want to study or where they want to go.

It is a good stepping stone to another university. I have learned a lot about being successful in college and will be transferring next year.

Tasha

Learn to study really well now, because learning those habbits early will help. Put more time and effort into your grades, because they still matter. When you get accepted into A&M, go. Yes, Blinn is cheaper and will save you money. However, you worked hard throughout high school to make it into the school of your dreams, and you deserve to be there. Blinn isn't the right environment for you, trust me. Apply for every scholarship you can find, and put the time into them. You'll be needing all of the help you can get. Now don't stress too much over college. You're going to be in a strange, new place surrounded by new people. Professors are NOTHING like high school teachers, and the responsibility of staying on track relies solely on you. Even so, everything follows the same strategy. Be the very best version of you. Do this, and you will have success through your senior year, college, and every aspect of life. Finally, never let struggles get in the way of your goals. You will make some bad grades, and money will become tight. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Andrea

You're going to love it! College is so much different than high school. There are no clicks and everyone is personable. People in college take their studies including group projects seriously, so you won't be left to do group work on your own. One thing you should know would be to not spend your moeny on silly things, like new clothes when you don't need them. Money is going to be tight and you need every penny.

If you don't like walking long distances to classes, don't go to Bellevue College. It is the second largest campus in Washington state, so it's a long walk from the parking lots to the buildings your classes are in. It may seem bad at first, but after a while, you get used to it!

There is free math and English help centers with tutors, a wide range of degrees for transfer including business, and the student culture is very diverse. Bellevue is an affordable way to do get college credit before transfering to a bigger university. Class sizes are small (about 35 max) so you get better feedback from teachers. There isn't a lecture hall you can fall asleep in. Teachers keep class intesting and relatable.