Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Alexandra

If I could go back and give myself advice I would have told myself to do more research about colleges and what fits me best. I took a year off to do that but I wish I could have done more of that at least my senior year in high school. Also to prepare a bit more for the money aspect and what was coming. Not only that but having a better idea of what classes I wanted to take.

I've been around this school quite a bit so nothing that I can think of.

I have had a few misunderstandings about payments, but other then that everything has been pretty good.

Jenna

Bellevue College teachers truely do care that you understand the material and although much of heir instruction is online, they make sure to still have that personal touch.

I would recommend that college age me tries a variety of class subjects out so that I can find exactly the direction I want to follow. I entered college on one particular track and then found out after I spent all my money that I had saved that I was not truly passionate about my degree choice. From there I branched out to other subject areas and after I got the opportunity to try several different classes I found my passion. I would also advise college me to have strong communication with teachers. Almost all my teachers have been ready to help if ever requested but I have always struggled to ask questions and seek extra help. Finally, I would recommend that in high school I start applying for scholarships so that I don't have to work full time throughout my entire degree. There are so many opportunities out there it would have greatly healped had I accessed them sooner.

I hate the automated systems I encounter whenever I call offices on campus. It usually takes 10-12 steps and extensions until I can leave a message for my advisor and often the system just hangs up on me before I get there. I try to email but ususally my questions are not answered nearly as fast as if I could just ask a department's receptionist something.

joseph

This is a place where driven individuals can go to help eachother learn and grow as they pursue their own interests.

Everyone at BC welcomes you regardless of your differences as they help you get the most enjoyable experiences from your college years.

Honestly talking to myself as a high school senior, I would urge myself to drop out of highschool. Because my parents make decent money, and yet are unable to help me with school, I have been unable to get financial aid, and therefore have been working full time in order to pursue my dream of going to college. If I had dropped out, BC and several other colleges in Washington have full ride scholarships for high school dropouts that aren't very hard to get at all. If I was able to do that, I would be able to work less, only having to work enough to pay for rent and food, and giving me more time to focus on the things I love, like going to school and learning. This would also give me more time to study, resulting in better grades and even more opportunities for my future.

Andrew

College is a monumental stage in life. I ended up starting my college career at a community college because I was not taking school seriously in high school. I did not have the slightest clue as to what I wanted to study. I knew heading into my freshman year of college that the community college would be a stepping stone. I grew as a person and student as I lived at home and worked to save money for college. My first quarter was mediocre relative to my lofty goals. However I learned the correct way to study for college level classes. Now heading into the third quarter of my freshman year, I have a 3.71 gpa and I feel that I am ready to transfer to a 4-year university. I would advise anyone who does not feel ready for college start by taking their freshman classes at a community college. It helped shape me into the student I will be from now on.

Someone who is not quite sure what they want to study or where they want to go.

It is a good stepping stone to another university. I have learned a lot about being successful in college and will be transferring next year.

Tasha

Learn to study really well now, because learning those habbits early will help. Put more time and effort into your grades, because they still matter. When you get accepted into A&M, go. Yes, Blinn is cheaper and will save you money. However, you worked hard throughout high school to make it into the school of your dreams, and you deserve to be there. Blinn isn't the right environment for you, trust me. Apply for every scholarship you can find, and put the time into them. You'll be needing all of the help you can get. Now don't stress too much over college. You're going to be in a strange, new place surrounded by new people. Professors are NOTHING like high school teachers, and the responsibility of staying on track relies solely on you. Even so, everything follows the same strategy. Be the very best version of you. Do this, and you will have success through your senior year, college, and every aspect of life. Finally, never let struggles get in the way of your goals. You will make some bad grades, and money will become tight. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Andrea

You're going to love it! College is so much different than high school. There are no clicks and everyone is personable. People in college take their studies including group projects seriously, so you won't be left to do group work on your own. One thing you should know would be to not spend your moeny on silly things, like new clothes when you don't need them. Money is going to be tight and you need every penny.

If you don't like walking long distances to classes, don't go to Bellevue College. It is the second largest campus in Washington state, so it's a long walk from the parking lots to the buildings your classes are in. It may seem bad at first, but after a while, you get used to it!

There is free math and English help centers with tutors, a wide range of degrees for transfer including business, and the student culture is very diverse. Bellevue is an affordable way to do get college credit before transfering to a bigger university. Class sizes are small (about 35 max) so you get better feedback from teachers. There isn't a lecture hall you can fall asleep in. Teachers keep class intesting and relatable.

Ileah

The most important piece of advice I would give my high school senior self is that it is okay to be selfish, sometimes, especially when improving oneself. I have always wanted to be in some form of schooling or craftsmanship because I love learning. I feared that I could not take care of my loved ones, so I ended up not going directly to college. I worried about "how could I possibly give my nephew a better childhood than I had if I am in college," and "how can I leave my family in their time of need," but these are not good reasons to stunt the growth of a person. Very silly thoughts now that I know there are many programs that can help families in need. Yes, in some circumstances every little bit helps-- but me working a dead-end job that barely pays minimum wage only helps in the short term. And short term plans leave more room for regret.

The worst thing about my school is there are a lot of stairs and few elevators. It does not help that the steps on many of the stairs are short and the stair cases steeply rise. Why this is the worst thing to me is because have a phobia of stairs.

International students, persons with multicultural interests, or people in which English is their second language. The college has wonderful ESL support and great programs for international students. The location has a very diverse population and the weather is mild.

Aubrey

My classmates are so diverse I could not describe all of them in one sentence, but they are almost always very nice people.

The professors here are ususally part time teachers that are currently working in their field which provides great access to real world application of knowledge. The class sizes are small and there are plenty of classes to choose from.

Over the last 2 years I have spent my time working and finishing my Associates degree. In high school I did not have a clear idea of what I wanted to do with my life. I thought I would go to college, live on campus, and have the picture perfect college experience. I did not think I would end up back at home going to community college. I would tell my high school self to take college search more seriously and get more serious about my music. If I could go back I would have been more serious about finding a piano teacher that can help me improve my skills instead of just entertaining myself with show tunes and various easy pieces. I wish I had made more of an effort to make friends in college and keep in touch with my high school friends. I would have made more of an effort to do activities that made me scholarship worthy material.

Theresa

Classmates at Bellevue College are simply there to complete the work and get to a better school. No one at Bellevue College WANTS to be there. It is simply a stepping stone for better things. Basically, no one cares and everyone wants to get it over with and done.

As my high school supports a program by which you can spend your last two years of high school completing your first two years of college there isn't much I could say to my high school self. I'm attending Bellevue College because it was the college I had to go to in order to avoid taking my final two years of high school and then my first two years. However, I suppose I would tell myself to focus more, demand more of my professors, and not let senioritis get the better of me. Senioritis is terrible.

The teachers and professors appear to care more about their schedules and the money they "aren't" making than the students and the students needs. Unfortunately this means it's difficult to know where you are grade wise and how to improve if you aren't doing well as many professors simply refuse to reply to emails and phone calls.

Kayleigh

I would tell myself that it is never too early to start a job and career search! Get involved make a point of going to at least one career services and/or networking event. It's just an hour of your time and truly helpful! Be involved with a group outside of your department, having friends in other disciplines is invaluable. Get to know other students in your department, those ahead of you have been through what you are going through, they can give you good advice. USE ALL YOUR RESOURCES! Talk to your teachers often, use them for their knowledge, let them get to know you, they care about your success, and helping you find your true path. You only pass this way once, experience as much as you can, even when you are having a hard time with everyone and everything, just keep pushing forward, it will end someday, and you will have achieved your goal. Be flexible, your plan the one you have on one day will change next week. Apply, Apply for scholarships and grants it's hard to be scrambling for finances and belive in yourself it may be hard but you can do this.

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.