Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Ileah

The most important piece of advice I would give my high school senior self is that it is okay to be selfish, sometimes, especially when improving oneself. I have always wanted to be in some form of schooling or craftsmanship because I love learning. I feared that I could not take care of my loved ones, so I ended up not going directly to college. I worried about "how could I possibly give my nephew a better childhood than I had if I am in college," and "how can I leave my family in their time of need," but these are not good reasons to stunt the growth of a person. Very silly thoughts now that I know there are many programs that can help families in need. Yes, in some circumstances every little bit helps-- but me working a dead-end job that barely pays minimum wage only helps in the short term. And short term plans leave more room for regret.

The worst thing about my school is there are a lot of stairs and few elevators. It does not help that the steps on many of the stairs are short and the stair cases steeply rise. Why this is the worst thing to me is because have a phobia of stairs.

International students, persons with multicultural interests, or people in which English is their second language. The college has wonderful ESL support and great programs for international students. The location has a very diverse population and the weather is mild.

Aubrey

The professors here are ususally part time teachers that are currently working in their field which provides great access to real world application of knowledge. The class sizes are small and there are plenty of classes to choose from.

Over the last 2 years I have spent my time working and finishing my Associates degree. In high school I did not have a clear idea of what I wanted to do with my life. I thought I would go to college, live on campus, and have the picture perfect college experience. I did not think I would end up back at home going to community college. I would tell my high school self to take college search more seriously and get more serious about my music. If I could go back I would have been more serious about finding a piano teacher that can help me improve my skills instead of just entertaining myself with show tunes and various easy pieces. I wish I had made more of an effort to make friends in college and keep in touch with my high school friends. I would have made more of an effort to do activities that made me scholarship worthy material.

My classmates are so diverse I could not describe all of them in one sentence, but they are almost always very nice people.

Theresa

Classmates at Bellevue College are simply there to complete the work and get to a better school. No one at Bellevue College WANTS to be there. It is simply a stepping stone for better things. Basically, no one cares and everyone wants to get it over with and done.

As my high school supports a program by which you can spend your last two years of high school completing your first two years of college there isn't much I could say to my high school self. I'm attending Bellevue College because it was the college I had to go to in order to avoid taking my final two years of high school and then my first two years. However, I suppose I would tell myself to focus more, demand more of my professors, and not let senioritis get the better of me. Senioritis is terrible.

The teachers and professors appear to care more about their schedules and the money they "aren't" making than the students and the students needs. Unfortunately this means it's difficult to know where you are grade wise and how to improve if you aren't doing well as many professors simply refuse to reply to emails and phone calls.

Kayleigh

I would tell myself that it is never too early to start a job and career search! Get involved make a point of going to at least one career services and/or networking event. It's just an hour of your time and truly helpful! Be involved with a group outside of your department, having friends in other disciplines is invaluable. Get to know other students in your department, those ahead of you have been through what you are going through, they can give you good advice. USE ALL YOUR RESOURCES! Talk to your teachers often, use them for their knowledge, let them get to know you, they care about your success, and helping you find your true path. You only pass this way once, experience as much as you can, even when you are having a hard time with everyone and everything, just keep pushing forward, it will end someday, and you will have achieved your goal. Be flexible, your plan the one you have on one day will change next week. Apply, Apply for scholarships and grants it's hard to be scrambling for finances and belive in yourself it may be hard but you can do this.

kasi

I have not yet attended the college I have chosen but I intend to this fall. I have visited colleges and seen how they work. From what I have seen I know that I would go back and tell myself to try harder. Just trying to get into colleges would have been useful if I had great attendance and grades. Unfortunately I had neither. I would have motivated myself to fill out scholarships and become more prepared for college so I would not be going to college a year after I had graduated. From visiting colleges I understand I need to be attentive. I will need to finish every assignment that is given. College is something very important and will predict my future outcome. As a high school student I had no intentions of going anywhere. I would have given myself a pep talk to get out there and get prepared and become knowledgeable of college. Knowing what I do now I wish I could go back, but that is not possible. I will grow from what I have learned and accomplish all that I can.

Chelsea

My college has taught me everything it intended through classes. It has also taught me to be more responsible with my money and time; Managing my money so I can pay my bills from in life, and still be able to pay for tuition and books, and finding time for studying, going to school, work and my family. College is forming me into a better, more 'rich' woman.

BC has a huge, diverse student body, many, many resources, clubs, and an army of awesome teachers to help you succeed.

Anyone could attend this school: old, young, female, male, and all cultures are welcome.

Jeanni

College is way more than just sitting in a classroom and listening to lectures. It is making a connection between real life jobs and situations to help prepare you for your future. It is taking your own responsibility and making your own choices for classes and getting things done when they need to be done. I feel like going to college has been the best thing I have did for myself since I graduated from high school. I am going to community college and in about one year I will be transering to a university. For me this is a great accomplishment being the first in my immediate family to attend college. The struggles of paying for things on my own has been hard, but the classes and experience of college has made school worth my time.

Chhayny

I learned alot of things from my college such as improving my English, Reading, Writing, Communication, and Math. I have many experience working while studying in college. I learned that getting a college degree is very important. I also learned that helping other will make you feel good about yourself because i helped other student in my school and i felt good about what i done. I learned so many new things from school that help me to become smart and intelligent.

It is a very good school , and the staff and falculty are very supportive. Most student are motivated to learn and succeed.

Any type of person, it doesn't matter. Anyone can attend this school. Any one with dissability can still attend this school.

Kapali

I feel that my college experience so far has been INCREDIBLE!! I have learned a great deal about being persistent about pursuing my goals and dreams. My college has given me hope to succeed in the real world. I have learned how to base my education on a structured front that will help me even in the toughest times. The social aspect of college has helped me to meet new people and to engage in extra-curricullar activities as well. The professors at my college are great assets in helping me understand even the most dificult subjects. Ive learned in the subjects of Math, Fine arts, social science, biology and chemistry so far in my college experiences. I love college because it gives me belonging. I know i can be something and i know i can push myself to be the best that i can be at it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and i know that all my hard work, perserverance, determination and time will pay off in the end. Adn thats why its so valuable to attend. I wise man once said " get as mich education as possible, youll never regret it. Thanks!

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.