Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Stacie

My college experience was and is something completely different than I thought it would be. I thought I would be studying and straining myself on a daily basis. I thought you would be in a class with dozens and dozens of other students, not being able to ask for any clarification. I found out on day two how false this was. Everyday after class I was able to ask any questions I had during and after class. I had a class that was only a little bigger than my high school classes. Though this is case by case depending on the college you go to, it made my transaction into college so much easier. This easy transaction has made me excited and ready for changes instead of scared and hesitant. I am glad that I had a high school that got me ready for college and a college that made me ready for the years of schooling I have ahead of me. I have got so much knowledge, both education wise and personality wise, that I can not wait for my upcoming years of schooling.

The one thing I wish I would have known before going to Bellevue College is how much help I would get along the way. The staff, programs, clubs, advisors, e-mails, and handouts given continually have made it much easier to assimilate through my college education. I have had help and assistance with each step I take, making it much easier to focus on the on the academic aspects of school.

The most frustrating thing about school is the first year. Coming into my first year of college I was worried I would not be able to balance school, work, and a social life. Now that I am on my second year looking back I see how I stressed myself out, making things more difficult. I did not have to sacrifice as much as I thought I did and I ended my first year with good grades, a good job, and close friends.

Larry

If I was given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior I would have to say something about the order in which I took my classes. I saved many of the harder courses for the end making my degree quite heavily back loaded. I'd tell my past self that saving the hard classes for later might seem to make sense at the beginning. Sure, the A's will be easy to come by and there won't be much homework but after a while, once all that's left is math and science, things will change. Getting an A in Calculus II isn't as easy as getting an A in Drama. Imagine how hard things will be if all three classes are three of the hardest classes you will ever take? My advice would be to start on some of the hard ones immediately but only take one tough class per quarter. That way life would be easier and I could get good grades without killing myself. Sage advice, but I have to wonder if I would heed my own words!

People, both students and staff, are the best thing about my school. Many of my instructors inspired me even though I began their class thinking it was nothing but a prerequisite I needed to get out of the way. In those classes I have met a lot of great people from all over the world. Together we worked hard together on team projects. It was a great experience. In the past few years I have met so many people and made so many friends. When I look back and think about school, it's often about the people I met.

I wish I had known more math before I went to college. It never interested me in high school because I never thought I would use math very much. It only took a few quarters to change my mind. After a while I decided to major in computer science which meant I had a long road ahead of me. Had a taken more math in high school I could have graduated a quarter or two sooner and life would have been a lot easier. Over time, I have also learned that mathematics is important to many career paths.

Mickala

My classmates are a group of extremely different individuals who love what they do. They go to school to learn and further their career path. Each person is unique in so many good ways, they truely make the school diverse. Lounge and common areas are always full of laughter and conversation, nobody is left out because we all understand that we are there for the same reasons, learn, have fun, and acheive.

The only advice I would be able to give myself is that even though the stress and worry about college is the only thing on your mind, you need to still have fun and relax. Everything happens for a reason. All you need to do is work hard, look forward, and remember that its a new chapter in your life and you need to make it the best you possibly can. College will be fun and rewarding, the atmosphere is understanding to each indivdual and accepts all. Once it starts, it will begin to fly by, just like all new experiences. Have fun in high school and cherish your friends, make long lasting relationships and worry about making the change to college student until the time actualy comes.

The best thing about Bellevue College (previously community college) is that all of the classrooms are small and personal. You really get to know the other people in the school while learning basic and/or advanced subjects. Large group projects and individual work all collaborate together to give the small classroom its appeal.

Hallie

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to be more prepared. I have always been very shy and I think that that quality has made it very difficult to progress. I love to play volleyball, but I have been too scared in college to try out. I would have also loved to go away to college but was too scared to leave my family. I would have told myself to toughen up and make arrangements. I think that would be the only thing I would tell myself. I think that it?s best to learn from my own experiences and I would leave the rest for learning.

I enjoy the professors. I have found in my experience that the professors are very helpful and make the lectures interesting and informative.

I would have wanted to know the the nursing program could be changed. I started at the school with different expectations that have changed.

Evelyn

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

My classmates vary widely, from fresh out of high school to retired seniors looking for a diversion. Most classmates are respectfull of the learning environment around them and are there with the same goal in mind: to learn and broaden their perspectives.

If I could, for only one moment, capture my own attention as a high school senior I would advice myself not only to stay in school, but the follow the path of happiness. I would tell myself not to listen to my parents, or my teachers, or my counselors, because they don't know everything, despite their confident facade. I would advice myself to jump into a variety of hobbies, instead of avoiding them like the plague, in order to discover what ultimately captures my passion and my heart, and tell myself to run with it, and don't look back, stop for moments to appreciate the beauty in what you are doing, step back for a second to admire it, but never give into it, always be on top of it. Be open to everything and attached to nothing.

Brooke

I would give anything to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. My parents didn't discuss with me the importance of attending college and so I missed out on the opportunity to earn an education when I was younger. Instead, I decided to go back to school at the age of 30 and it has been very challenging. The advice that I would give myself would be to take a year after graduating from high school to travel so that you can discover what interests you and explore the culture of the world. It is so much harder to find the time and money to do this after you have started your career or a family. After traveling for a year, follow your passion and choose a school that will offer you the best education possible for your chosen career goals. If you are still unsure about your professional goals, just start the first two years and a focus will emerge. The important thing is that you make education a priority so that you are given the opportunities that you deserve.

One thing that I wish I would have known before I started is that they offer a wide range of classes. I was attending another school prior to this and the amount of classes offered was very limited. I would have initially started at this school had I known that they had so much more to offer.

Courtney

Bellevue College is the largest community college in Washington State. I have found that the larger organizations offer a lot more opportunities. After looking at all the community colleges in my area, Bellevue College had the highest rated nursing program. I chose Bellevue College because I wanted to have the best experience with the maximum number of opportunities post graduation.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say that college is all about self motivation. It is no longer your teachers responsibility to make sure you do your homework. There is no such thing as free education past the point of high school. You are going to pay a lot of money for your education and it is your responsibilty to get everything you can out of college. Whether it is learning how to manage your time, or learning about business and finance, college is a place where you decide what you are going to do with the information given to you. College is another stepping stone to your future career and even your future lifestyle. I would tell myself that college is the priority over everything else if you plan to have a successful future.

The worst part of Bellevue College is definately the location. I live in West Seattle, so it is about a 30 minute drive to and from class everyday.

Melinda

Bellevue College is the 3rd largest college in Washington State after the University of Washington and Washington State University. They have a reputation for providing excellent 2-year University transfer programs.

I would give myself this advice: "In 20 years time, the education that you are choosing to not get right now will be the single biggest regret of your life. It's hard to convey this, and say it in a way that makes sense to someone who's 18, but please don't let time slip away from you. You may not want a college education now, but you will be desperate for it in 20 years! This is because you will have had years to reflect on what you missed and the affect it has had on, literally, every aspect of your life. The idea of going to college or deciding what to do with your life is overwhelming to you right now; but it doesn't have to be tackled all at once. Better you do a little something now and over the next few years than have a mountain of time to make up for when you're older. Trust me, anything you learn now will make your life easier later on and nothing you learn will ever be a waste of time."

The only thing I wished I had known before coming to Bellevue College was how difficult it was going to be to find a parking spot in the morning.

Anthony

Bellevue College is a school dedicated to enhancing student learning by exposing students to courses that force students to think domestically as well as globally by having nternational students from all over the world come to Bellevue College in pursuit of a top notch education allowing both United States and International student to become globally minded eleminating the language barrier

Dear Anthony, I know high school was tough and at times there were mental breakdowns. I know, I was there. I'm sure that you remember your junior year. The rumor that "junior year is going to be your hardest, so you be better be ready" become a reality and at times a nightmare through your AP U.S. History class. However, don't look at the negative and stress that you went through but rather take a look back and see not what you learned from that experience but what you became from it. The hard work that you put in paid off because you passed the AP test. Your work ethic was put to the test and you surpassed your expectations. In college you will come to find that those characteristics will keep you afloat. Take those characteristics and run off with them all the way to the finish line. I have no doubt that you shall become a better student through your hardships and more relatable to others. Never back down from a challenge and always be on the lookout for doors filled with opportunities. Sincerely, Anthony Martinez

The diverse potential and broad imagination are two things that all students at Bellevue College students have in common. Students from all walks of life have something to contribute whether it is their music experience or their international background. Bellevue College reaches out to its students by providing clubs, organizations, internships to develop and foster the youth of tomorrow. At Bellevue College, your interaction within Bellevue's international setting allows you become a productive citizen in the global community.

Melanie

Bellevue College has a wide range of variety in their students and classes; a great place for students witha busy schedule.

Bellevue College is a great community college because it has so many options for classes, not only do they have many different subject classes, they also have online, night, morning, daily, and two-day per week classes. This is great for working student with distinct schedules. The school is clean and well kept, they have great food and a great sense of varriety between the students. Bellevue College welcomes adults, all ethnicities, and running start students. This school is best for its variety.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to do running start my senior year and continue to stay at a community college for two years, then transfer to any school of my choice. I ended up choosing this path but not until I was a week away from leaving for a four-year university. I am much happier now with the transfer because it seems great for a student who needs to work in order to pay for school. This option also helps to save some money, so that I could go to the four-year of my choice. For any high school senior that is paying for school themselves, I would tell them to consider going to a community college and then transfering so that only two years is th price of a full university.

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.