Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Chelsea

BC has a huge, diverse student body, many, many resources, clubs, and an army of awesome teachers to help you succeed.

My college has taught me everything it intended through classes. It has also taught me to be more responsible with my money and time; Managing my money so I can pay my bills from in life, and still be able to pay for tuition and books, and finding time for studying, going to school, work and my family. College is forming me into a better, more 'rich' woman.

Anyone could attend this school: old, young, female, male, and all cultures are welcome.

Jeanni

College is way more than just sitting in a classroom and listening to lectures. It is making a connection between real life jobs and situations to help prepare you for your future. It is taking your own responsibility and making your own choices for classes and getting things done when they need to be done. I feel like going to college has been the best thing I have did for myself since I graduated from high school. I am going to community college and in about one year I will be transering to a university. For me this is a great accomplishment being the first in my immediate family to attend college. The struggles of paying for things on my own has been hard, but the classes and experience of college has made school worth my time.

Chhayny

It is a very good school , and the staff and falculty are very supportive. Most student are motivated to learn and succeed.

I learned alot of things from my college such as improving my English, Reading, Writing, Communication, and Math. I have many experience working while studying in college. I learned that getting a college degree is very important. I also learned that helping other will make you feel good about yourself because i helped other student in my school and i felt good about what i done. I learned so many new things from school that help me to become smart and intelligent.

Any type of person, it doesn't matter. Anyone can attend this school. Any one with dissability can still attend this school.

Kapali

I feel that my college experience so far has been INCREDIBLE!! I have learned a great deal about being persistent about pursuing my goals and dreams. My college has given me hope to succeed in the real world. I have learned how to base my education on a structured front that will help me even in the toughest times. The social aspect of college has helped me to meet new people and to engage in extra-curricullar activities as well. The professors at my college are great assets in helping me understand even the most dificult subjects. Ive learned in the subjects of Math, Fine arts, social science, biology and chemistry so far in my college experiences. I love college because it gives me belonging. I know i can be something and i know i can push myself to be the best that i can be at it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and i know that all my hard work, perserverance, determination and time will pay off in the end. Adn thats why its so valuable to attend. I wise man once said " get as mich education as possible, youll never regret it. Thanks!

Stacie

My college experience was and is something completely different than I thought it would be. I thought I would be studying and straining myself on a daily basis. I thought you would be in a class with dozens and dozens of other students, not being able to ask for any clarification. I found out on day two how false this was. Everyday after class I was able to ask any questions I had during and after class. I had a class that was only a little bigger than my high school classes. Though this is case by case depending on the college you go to, it made my transaction into college so much easier. This easy transaction has made me excited and ready for changes instead of scared and hesitant. I am glad that I had a high school that got me ready for college and a college that made me ready for the years of schooling I have ahead of me. I have got so much knowledge, both education wise and personality wise, that I can not wait for my upcoming years of schooling.

The one thing I wish I would have known before going to Bellevue College is how much help I would get along the way. The staff, programs, clubs, advisors, e-mails, and handouts given continually have made it much easier to assimilate through my college education. I have had help and assistance with each step I take, making it much easier to focus on the on the academic aspects of school.

The most frustrating thing about school is the first year. Coming into my first year of college I was worried I would not be able to balance school, work, and a social life. Now that I am on my second year looking back I see how I stressed myself out, making things more difficult. I did not have to sacrifice as much as I thought I did and I ended my first year with good grades, a good job, and close friends.

Larry

If I was given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior I would have to say something about the order in which I took my classes. I saved many of the harder courses for the end making my degree quite heavily back loaded. I'd tell my past self that saving the hard classes for later might seem to make sense at the beginning. Sure, the A's will be easy to come by and there won't be much homework but after a while, once all that's left is math and science, things will change. Getting an A in Calculus II isn't as easy as getting an A in Drama. Imagine how hard things will be if all three classes are three of the hardest classes you will ever take? My advice would be to start on some of the hard ones immediately but only take one tough class per quarter. That way life would be easier and I could get good grades without killing myself. Sage advice, but I have to wonder if I would heed my own words!

People, both students and staff, are the best thing about my school. Many of my instructors inspired me even though I began their class thinking it was nothing but a prerequisite I needed to get out of the way. In those classes I have met a lot of great people from all over the world. Together we worked hard together on team projects. It was a great experience. In the past few years I have met so many people and made so many friends. When I look back and think about school, it's often about the people I met.

I wish I had known more math before I went to college. It never interested me in high school because I never thought I would use math very much. It only took a few quarters to change my mind. After a while I decided to major in computer science which meant I had a long road ahead of me. Had a taken more math in high school I could have graduated a quarter or two sooner and life would have been a lot easier. Over time, I have also learned that mathematics is important to many career paths.

Mickala

My classmates are a group of extremely different individuals who love what they do. They go to school to learn and further their career path. Each person is unique in so many good ways, they truely make the school diverse. Lounge and common areas are always full of laughter and conversation, nobody is left out because we all understand that we are there for the same reasons, learn, have fun, and acheive.

The only advice I would be able to give myself is that even though the stress and worry about college is the only thing on your mind, you need to still have fun and relax. Everything happens for a reason. All you need to do is work hard, look forward, and remember that its a new chapter in your life and you need to make it the best you possibly can. College will be fun and rewarding, the atmosphere is understanding to each indivdual and accepts all. Once it starts, it will begin to fly by, just like all new experiences. Have fun in high school and cherish your friends, make long lasting relationships and worry about making the change to college student until the time actualy comes.

The best thing about Bellevue College (previously community college) is that all of the classrooms are small and personal. You really get to know the other people in the school while learning basic and/or advanced subjects. Large group projects and individual work all collaborate together to give the small classroom its appeal.

Hallie

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to be more prepared. I have always been very shy and I think that that quality has made it very difficult to progress. I love to play volleyball, but I have been too scared in college to try out. I would have also loved to go away to college but was too scared to leave my family. I would have told myself to toughen up and make arrangements. I think that would be the only thing I would tell myself. I think that it?s best to learn from my own experiences and I would leave the rest for learning.

I enjoy the professors. I have found in my experience that the professors are very helpful and make the lectures interesting and informative.

I would have wanted to know the the nursing program could be changed. I started at the school with different expectations that have changed.

Evelyn

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

My classmates vary widely, from fresh out of high school to retired seniors looking for a diversion. Most classmates are respectfull of the learning environment around them and are there with the same goal in mind: to learn and broaden their perspectives.

If I could, for only one moment, capture my own attention as a high school senior I would advice myself not only to stay in school, but the follow the path of happiness. I would tell myself not to listen to my parents, or my teachers, or my counselors, because they don't know everything, despite their confident facade. I would advice myself to jump into a variety of hobbies, instead of avoiding them like the plague, in order to discover what ultimately captures my passion and my heart, and tell myself to run with it, and don't look back, stop for moments to appreciate the beauty in what you are doing, step back for a second to admire it, but never give into it, always be on top of it. Be open to everything and attached to nothing.

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.