Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

Mickala

My classmates are a group of extremely different individuals who love what they do. They go to school to learn and further their career path. Each person is unique in so many good ways, they truely make the school diverse. Lounge and common areas are always full of laughter and conversation, nobody is left out because we all understand that we are there for the same reasons, learn, have fun, and acheive.

The only advice I would be able to give myself is that even though the stress and worry about college is the only thing on your mind, you need to still have fun and relax. Everything happens for a reason. All you need to do is work hard, look forward, and remember that its a new chapter in your life and you need to make it the best you possibly can. College will be fun and rewarding, the atmosphere is understanding to each indivdual and accepts all. Once it starts, it will begin to fly by, just like all new experiences. Have fun in high school and cherish your friends, make long lasting relationships and worry about making the change to college student until the time actualy comes.

The best thing about Bellevue College (previously community college) is that all of the classrooms are small and personal. You really get to know the other people in the school while learning basic and/or advanced subjects. Large group projects and individual work all collaborate together to give the small classroom its appeal.

Hallie

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to be more prepared. I have always been very shy and I think that that quality has made it very difficult to progress. I love to play volleyball, but I have been too scared in college to try out. I would have also loved to go away to college but was too scared to leave my family. I would have told myself to toughen up and make arrangements. I think that would be the only thing I would tell myself. I think that it?s best to learn from my own experiences and I would leave the rest for learning.

I enjoy the professors. I have found in my experience that the professors are very helpful and make the lectures interesting and informative.

I would have wanted to know the the nursing program could be changed. I started at the school with different expectations that have changed.

Evelyn

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

The school I attend is small, helpful, yet big enough to make a difference.

My classmates vary widely, from fresh out of high school to retired seniors looking for a diversion. Most classmates are respectfull of the learning environment around them and are there with the same goal in mind: to learn and broaden their perspectives.

If I could, for only one moment, capture my own attention as a high school senior I would advice myself not only to stay in school, but the follow the path of happiness. I would tell myself not to listen to my parents, or my teachers, or my counselors, because they don't know everything, despite their confident facade. I would advice myself to jump into a variety of hobbies, instead of avoiding them like the plague, in order to discover what ultimately captures my passion and my heart, and tell myself to run with it, and don't look back, stop for moments to appreciate the beauty in what you are doing, step back for a second to admire it, but never give into it, always be on top of it. Be open to everything and attached to nothing.

Brooke

I would give anything to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. My parents didn't discuss with me the importance of attending college and so I missed out on the opportunity to earn an education when I was younger. Instead, I decided to go back to school at the age of 30 and it has been very challenging. The advice that I would give myself would be to take a year after graduating from high school to travel so that you can discover what interests you and explore the culture of the world. It is so much harder to find the time and money to do this after you have started your career or a family. After traveling for a year, follow your passion and choose a school that will offer you the best education possible for your chosen career goals. If you are still unsure about your professional goals, just start the first two years and a focus will emerge. The important thing is that you make education a priority so that you are given the opportunities that you deserve.

One thing that I wish I would have known before I started is that they offer a wide range of classes. I was attending another school prior to this and the amount of classes offered was very limited. I would have initially started at this school had I known that they had so much more to offer.

Courtney

Bellevue College is the largest community college in Washington State. I have found that the larger organizations offer a lot more opportunities. After looking at all the community colleges in my area, Bellevue College had the highest rated nursing program. I chose Bellevue College because I wanted to have the best experience with the maximum number of opportunities post graduation.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say that college is all about self motivation. It is no longer your teachers responsibility to make sure you do your homework. There is no such thing as free education past the point of high school. You are going to pay a lot of money for your education and it is your responsibilty to get everything you can out of college. Whether it is learning how to manage your time, or learning about business and finance, college is a place where you decide what you are going to do with the information given to you. College is another stepping stone to your future career and even your future lifestyle. I would tell myself that college is the priority over everything else if you plan to have a successful future.

The worst part of Bellevue College is definately the location. I live in West Seattle, so it is about a 30 minute drive to and from class everyday.

Melinda

Bellevue College is the 3rd largest college in Washington State after the University of Washington and Washington State University. They have a reputation for providing excellent 2-year University transfer programs.

I would give myself this advice: "In 20 years time, the education that you are choosing to not get right now will be the single biggest regret of your life. It's hard to convey this, and say it in a way that makes sense to someone who's 18, but please don't let time slip away from you. You may not want a college education now, but you will be desperate for it in 20 years! This is because you will have had years to reflect on what you missed and the affect it has had on, literally, every aspect of your life. The idea of going to college or deciding what to do with your life is overwhelming to you right now; but it doesn't have to be tackled all at once. Better you do a little something now and over the next few years than have a mountain of time to make up for when you're older. Trust me, anything you learn now will make your life easier later on and nothing you learn will ever be a waste of time."

The only thing I wished I had known before coming to Bellevue College was how difficult it was going to be to find a parking spot in the morning.

Anthony

Bellevue College is a school dedicated to enhancing student learning by exposing students to courses that force students to think domestically as well as globally by having nternational students from all over the world come to Bellevue College in pursuit of a top notch education allowing both United States and International student to become globally minded eleminating the language barrier

Dear Anthony, I know high school was tough and at times there were mental breakdowns. I know, I was there. I'm sure that you remember your junior year. The rumor that "junior year is going to be your hardest, so you be better be ready" become a reality and at times a nightmare through your AP U.S. History class. However, don't look at the negative and stress that you went through but rather take a look back and see not what you learned from that experience but what you became from it. The hard work that you put in paid off because you passed the AP test. Your work ethic was put to the test and you surpassed your expectations. In college you will come to find that those characteristics will keep you afloat. Take those characteristics and run off with them all the way to the finish line. I have no doubt that you shall become a better student through your hardships and more relatable to others. Never back down from a challenge and always be on the lookout for doors filled with opportunities. Sincerely, Anthony Martinez

The diverse potential and broad imagination are two things that all students at Bellevue College students have in common. Students from all walks of life have something to contribute whether it is their music experience or their international background. Bellevue College reaches out to its students by providing clubs, organizations, internships to develop and foster the youth of tomorrow. At Bellevue College, your interaction within Bellevue's international setting allows you become a productive citizen in the global community.

Melanie

Bellevue College has a wide range of variety in their students and classes; a great place for students witha busy schedule.

Bellevue College is a great community college because it has so many options for classes, not only do they have many different subject classes, they also have online, night, morning, daily, and two-day per week classes. This is great for working student with distinct schedules. The school is clean and well kept, they have great food and a great sense of varriety between the students. Bellevue College welcomes adults, all ethnicities, and running start students. This school is best for its variety.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to do running start my senior year and continue to stay at a community college for two years, then transfer to any school of my choice. I ended up choosing this path but not until I was a week away from leaving for a four-year university. I am much happier now with the transfer because it seems great for a student who needs to work in order to pay for school. This option also helps to save some money, so that I could go to the four-year of my choice. For any high school senior that is paying for school themselves, I would tell them to consider going to a community college and then transfering so that only two years is th price of a full university.

?You must realize that the journey is the joy?, that is what I would say to myself as a high school senior. I drove myself with constant fear, the fear of not being successful. It was a burden that drove me to not live life; it robbed me of my present. In high school I was in honor society and enrolled in college level classes; basically anything I could do to ensure that was would be successful. I was just waiting for the day this success would come because when I reached it I believed than I would finally be happy. But I have come to realize that everything that I had done in high school didn?t matter in college. I did try my best and you should to but try to but find a balance in life, make a more friends, go to more dances, you must life in the present, not in the future. The future is an illusion, you can not let it control you. College will come soon enough and when it does live it, enjoy it, embrace it, but always do the best you can do and don?t forget to believe in yourself.

The best thing that I consider about my school is the staff and administration. They place the students at the center of everything they do. I can honestly say that every single class I have taken there, they support and honor the student's efforts and innovation. For example, they aniticpate the changing demands of the economy and are working on creating new programs that offer bachelors degrees for they believe that it is their responsibility to the students and to embrace the belief that widespread access to excellent education is the cornerstone of a democratic society.

Every person should attend this school, to better their lives, to make the most of them self. They owe it to themself to take the opportunity of an education and to beyond their limits. If they decide that the school is not for them, then so be it, but they had the courage to try. Maybe they dropped out after the first midterm or maybe they got inspired to become a doctor. School is about learning, getting inspired and thinking outside of the norms, everyone that applies is guranteed to better themselves and that is what this school lives by.

Audrey

I don't think I would advise my younger self to do very differently than I already have, despite waiting a while after graduating high school to attend college. Because I did wait, I was mature enough to deal with the adjustments of college life more easily, and I could try my hardest in class. I think that the way things have already happened have worked out for the best, so I'd let the younger me know that it's all right to wait until she felt ready to attend college.

The paper work involved everytime you need to register for anything.

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.