Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bellevue College

?You must realize that the journey is the joy?, that is what I would say to myself as a high school senior. I drove myself with constant fear, the fear of not being successful. It was a burden that drove me to not live life; it robbed me of my present. In high school I was in honor society and enrolled in college level classes; basically anything I could do to ensure that was would be successful. I was just waiting for the day this success would come because when I reached it I believed than I would finally be happy. But I have come to realize that everything that I had done in high school didn?t matter in college. I did try my best and you should to but try to but find a balance in life, make a more friends, go to more dances, you must life in the present, not in the future. The future is an illusion, you can not let it control you. College will come soon enough and when it does live it, enjoy it, embrace it, but always do the best you can do and don?t forget to believe in yourself.

The best thing that I consider about my school is the staff and administration. They place the students at the center of everything they do. I can honestly say that every single class I have taken there, they support and honor the student's efforts and innovation. For example, they aniticpate the changing demands of the economy and are working on creating new programs that offer bachelors degrees for they believe that it is their responsibility to the students and to embrace the belief that widespread access to excellent education is the cornerstone of a democratic society.

Every person should attend this school, to better their lives, to make the most of them self. They owe it to themself to take the opportunity of an education and to beyond their limits. If they decide that the school is not for them, then so be it, but they had the courage to try. Maybe they dropped out after the first midterm or maybe they got inspired to become a doctor. School is about learning, getting inspired and thinking outside of the norms, everyone that applies is guranteed to better themselves and that is what this school lives by.

Audrey

I don't think I would advise my younger self to do very differently than I already have, despite waiting a while after graduating high school to attend college. Because I did wait, I was mature enough to deal with the adjustments of college life more easily, and I could try my hardest in class. I think that the way things have already happened have worked out for the best, so I'd let the younger me know that it's all right to wait until she felt ready to attend college.

The paper work involved everytime you need to register for anything.

Ana

My classmates are multicultural, an usually very open-minded people.

My classmates are multicultural, an usually very open-minded people.

Bellevue College is a school with diviersified programms and opportunities, where the staff os more than open to help you find the best options for your studies.

During my high school senior year, I did not have any idea of what I wanted to study. I went to Germany for one year after graduating and I was late in starting any application process to get into college in time. I finally started college this semester (a year and a half after graduating from Highschool), and it has been a little frustraring. So if I had the chance to go back and talk to myself during senior year, I would tell myself to start the application process, even if I didn't know what I wanted to do. This way, I would have had a much better advantage and could have started college immediately after arriving from Germany. Doing applications in time is an essential in going to college. Even if you don't know what your major is going to be, there is plenty of time to discover that in your first year of college.

Eun-Hee

Transitioning wise, don't be scared to make new friends and keep in touch with them and also its ok to be yourself. And also keep in touch with friends from high school and hang out whenever you can. There is a lot of time in between days and classes so spend time wisely and use the time to actually study and what not. studying will help you out. Dont slack it'll kick you in the butt later. And don't be afraid to ask for help and esp. financially also. Help is avaiable if you search for it. Just don't rely on yourself getting things done, ask for help and get a study group going so you have at least a group of people you can go to for help. Teachers are willing to help you out if you just ask for it. Just all in all don't be afraid of change, embrace change. Also know that change is good, its nothing to worry about, and if you are scared talk to someone about it. But yea, don't be afraid of change embrace it.

When I talk about my school to others I brag about the small class sizes, while universities have big classes, classes here at Bellevue College are small and you (the student) can get to know the teacher very well and make good connections for future reference.

One of the most frustrating things about my school is that the waiting list to get into classes are long and sometimes you don't even get in and there is also a problem with outgoing traffic. Outgoing traffic as mentioned is terrible if you are trying to hit I-90 West or just 148th.

Jeff

Jeff, it is imperative to have a clear set of standards, goals and values as you proceed onto your next phase of your life. In college, there will be many different opportunities as well distractions. Your attendance in class may not be required but you are still required to keep up with the courses on your own and finish your projects on a timely basis. Additionally, there will be students from a variety of backgrounds and cultures that you may not be accustomed to. It is vital that you learn now to be able to work well with others regardless of their appearances or backgrounds. This type of respect for others will help you as you move behind college into the work field. Having a clear set of values will also keep you focused as you will have greater freedom in college than high school and that freedom combined with your classmates' freedom can create new lifelong friendships but it can also distract you from your own academic or professional goals especially if your classmates' goals conflict with yours. Take each experience in its fullness and learn from it and it will greatly assist you in your future endeavors.

I wish I had learned how to organize and set priorities especially when multiple courses require simultaneous homework and projects

A person who does not care about education

Lisa

Bellevue Community College is a great school, with friendly people and a good environment.

You need to work and study hard in school. Manage your time wisely and do not procrastinate for it would be very difficult to catch up later on. If you need help with something or just don't understand something do not be afraid to ask, whether it is a teacher or students. Stay focus with your school work and always do your best.

The students and faculty are very nice and helpful. You never really feel out of place, even if you are really shy. Feeling comfortable in the environment you are, especially for school, is really important to me. If you have a question, they try to answer it and do not give you the cold shoulder.

I've had only wonderful experiences at Bellevue College, all the teachers I've had are very knowledgeable and there to help the students.

There are many different students that attend this campus, perhaps someone that is interested in a cultural atmosphere.

I would take some time off right after high school to figure out what I would like to get my degree in.

Andrijana

Most of my casemates are busybodies, good source of ideas, entertaining, ambitious, friendly, talented?

Bellevue College is known for one of the best colleges in Washington State. Bellevue College is largest college in Washington State. Bellevue College offers Bachelor of Applied Arts degree in Interior Design. As well, BC offers Applied Science degree in Imagining Science, Radiation. BC?s athletes are part of Northwest Athletic Association. Bellevue College is also known for winning different awards. Some of them are National John L. Blackburn Award for Exemplary Models of Administrative Leadership, Microsoft IT Showcase School, etc.

Few years ago, I was accepted to University of Law in Bosnia. Did not take that seriously and drop from school. Only important think, about that time, were parties. Everything was about having a fun. I am back to school now and very successful. However, I am doing everything opposite than what I used to do. If I could give myself advices then I would not leave my homework for last minute or skip doing it. In addition, skipping classes is not god idea. Many important things are learned and discussed throughout classes. Furthermore, I would put school as a priority than parties. There will be plenty of time for parties :) . It is important to get enough of sleep. If I was not tired, I would be able to concentrate during a class. Also, I would avoid falling a sleep and felling uncomfortable about that. If I knew all of this then, what I know now? I would have my carrier built. What about my life??? ...

lisa

Be ready for a challenge. Try your best in everything you do and never slack off. Stay on track with the class and the assigments, because its almost impossible to catch up later. Think positive and do not procrastinate. A good idea would be to review some of the material that has been covered in high school, because it will be very helpful in college. Do not be afraid to ask for help.

There are lots of students and the college isn't very big, but students and teachers are very nice and very helpful.

Any person can attend this school, you will find people of all races and religion; as long as this school has what you are looking for in a career.

robert

Hit the books and hit them hard to prepare yourself for the masters degree you need to have a job you love to go to daily and if I don't like it I will be able to find a differnt one that I enjoy.

Bellevue College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.