Bellevue College

« See more reviews of Bellevue College

Jeff, it is imperative to have a clear set of standards, goals and values as you proceed onto your next phase of your life. In college, there will be many different opportunities as well distractions. Your attendance in class may not be required but you are still required to keep up with the courses on your own and finish your projects on a timely basis. Additionally, there will be students from a variety of backgrounds and cultures that you may not be accustomed to. It is vital that you learn now to be able to work well with others regardless of their appearances or backgrounds. This type of respect for others will help you as you move behind college into the work field. Having a clear set of values will also keep you focused as you will have greater freedom in college than high school and that freedom combined with your classmates' freedom can create new lifelong friendships but it can also distract you from your own academic or professional goals especially if your classmates' goals conflict with yours. Take each experience in its fullness and learn from it and it will greatly assist you in your future endeavors.

Learn to study really well now, because learning those habbits early will help. Put more time and effort into your grades, because they still matter. When you get accepted into A&M, go. Yes, Blinn is cheaper and will save you money. However, you worked hard throughout high school to make it into the school of your dreams, and you deserve to be there. Blinn isn't the right environment for you, trust me. Apply for every scholarship you can find, and put the time into them. You'll be needing all of the help you can get. Now don't stress too much over college. You're going to be in a strange, new place surrounded by new people. Professors are NOTHING like high school teachers, and the responsibility of staying on track relies solely on you. Even so, everything follows the same strategy. Be the very best version of you. Do this, and you will have success through your senior year, college, and every aspect of life. Finally, never let struggles get in the way of your goals. You will make some bad grades, and money will become tight. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

I would tell myself that it is never too early to start a job and career search! Get involved make a point of going to at least one career services and/or networking event. It's just an hour of your time and truly helpful! Be involved with a group outside of your department, having friends in other disciplines is invaluable. Get to know other students in your department, those ahead of you have been through what you are going through, they can give you good advice. USE ALL YOUR RESOURCES! Talk to your teachers often, use them for their knowledge, let them get to know you, they care about your success, and helping you find your true path. You only pass this way once, experience as much as you can, even when you are having a hard time with everyone and everything, just keep pushing forward, it will end someday, and you will have achieved your goal. Be flexible, your plan the one you have on one day will change next week. Apply, Apply for scholarships and grants it's hard to be scrambling for finances and belive in yourself it may be hard but you can do this.

I feel that my college experience so far has been INCREDIBLE!! I have learned a great deal about being persistent about pursuing my goals and dreams. My college has given me hope to succeed in the real world. I have learned how to base my education on a structured front that will help me even in the toughest times. The social aspect of college has helped me to meet new people and to engage in extra-curricullar activities as well. The professors at my college are great assets in helping me understand even the most dificult subjects. Ive learned in the subjects of Math, Fine arts, social science, biology and chemistry so far in my college experiences. I love college because it gives me belonging. I know i can be something and i know i can push myself to be the best that i can be at it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and i know that all my hard work, perserverance, determination and time will pay off in the end. Adn thats why its so valuable to attend. I wise man once said " get as mich education as possible, youll never regret it. Thanks!

You?ve tried to convince yourself that education doesn?t matter - you can be successful without getting a degree. You don?t really think that; you just fear you can?t pay for it. The truth is that you can; in fact, some places will even pay you. There are scholarships available for students. Don?t wait until you?re 40 and you?ve realized that you could have struggled less in life if you got your degree earlier. Talk to your advisor. It will be much easier to finish your degree now before life gets complicated. Yes, having children of your own is wonderful, but you will be able to do more things with them if you complete college before hand. Find a way to achieve your educational dream first ? don?t abandon it over something as ridiculous as money. Then, you will have the gift of time to share with your future family ? instead of saying, ?Sorry I can?t play right now ? mommy has to study.? Those sweet angel eyes won?t understand why you don?t have time for them, and you will never forget how it tugged your heart strings to see them cry.

Dear Anthony, I know high school was tough and at times there were mental breakdowns. I know, I was there. I'm sure that you remember your junior year. The rumor that "junior year is going to be your hardest, so you be better be ready" become a reality and at times a nightmare through your AP U.S. History class. However, don't look at the negative and stress that you went through but rather take a look back and see not what you learned from that experience but what you became from it. The hard work that you put in paid off because you passed the AP test. Your work ethic was put to the test and you surpassed your expectations. In college you will come to find that those characteristics will keep you afloat. Take those characteristics and run off with them all the way to the finish line. I have no doubt that you shall become a better student through your hardships and more relatable to others. Never back down from a challenge and always be on the lookout for doors filled with opportunities. Sincerely, Anthony Martinez

?You must realize that the journey is the joy?, that is what I would say to myself as a high school senior. I drove myself with constant fear, the fear of not being successful. It was a burden that drove me to not live life; it robbed me of my present. In high school I was in honor society and enrolled in college level classes; basically anything I could do to ensure that was would be successful. I was just waiting for the day this success would come because when I reached it I believed than I would finally be happy. But I have come to realize that everything that I had done in high school didn?t matter in college. I did try my best and you should to but try to but find a balance in life, make a more friends, go to more dances, you must life in the present, not in the future. The future is an illusion, you can not let it control you. College will come soon enough and when it does live it, enjoy it, embrace it, but always do the best you can do and don?t forget to believe in yourself.

I would give anything to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. My parents didn't discuss with me the importance of attending college and so I missed out on the opportunity to earn an education when I was younger. Instead, I decided to go back to school at the age of 30 and it has been very challenging. The advice that I would give myself would be to take a year after graduating from high school to travel so that you can discover what interests you and explore the culture of the world. It is so much harder to find the time and money to do this after you have started your career or a family. After traveling for a year, follow your passion and choose a school that will offer you the best education possible for your chosen career goals. If you are still unsure about your professional goals, just start the first two years and a focus will emerge. The important thing is that you make education a priority so that you are given the opportunities that you deserve.

I have not yet attended the college I have chosen but I intend to this fall. I have visited colleges and seen how they work. From what I have seen I know that I would go back and tell myself to try harder. Just trying to get into colleges would have been useful if I had great attendance and grades. Unfortunately I had neither. I would have motivated myself to fill out scholarships and become more prepared for college so I would not be going to college a year after I had graduated. From visiting colleges I understand I need to be attentive. I will need to finish every assignment that is given. College is something very important and will predict my future outcome. As a high school student I had no intentions of going anywhere. I would have given myself a pep talk to get out there and get prepared and become knowledgeable of college. Knowing what I do now I wish I could go back, but that is not possible. I will grow from what I have learned and accomplish all that I can.

My college experience was and is something completely different than I thought it would be. I thought I would be studying and straining myself on a daily basis. I thought you would be in a class with dozens and dozens of other students, not being able to ask for any clarification. I found out on day two how false this was. Everyday after class I was able to ask any questions I had during and after class. I had a class that was only a little bigger than my high school classes. Though this is case by case depending on the college you go to, it made my transaction into college so much easier. This easy transaction has made me excited and ready for changes instead of scared and hesitant. I am glad that I had a high school that got me ready for college and a college that made me ready for the years of schooling I have ahead of me. I have got so much knowledge, both education wise and personality wise, that I can not wait for my upcoming years of schooling.