Bellevue College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bellevue College

Alexandra

I attend Bellevue College as a Nursing Student. I attended Bellevue College for some of my pre reqs, but I also attended Pierce and Tacoma Community College. Out of these three colleges Bellevue College has the best campus, class size, and professors.

Mishel

Pretty big college with lots of class options even though it is not a university. Bachelor's degrees available. Was always able to get into the class I wanted, unlike some of my friends who go to other community colleges in the area. Commute has a lot of traffic.

Ariana

I have attended 2 previous colleges in California. In comparison, I love Bellevue College. I feel like the response rate and care of students is much higher. The faculty is really there for their students and don't just push you off. It is also a diverse community with many cultures to learn from. I have been very happy with my decision to attend and I would recommend Bellevue College to others.

Sophia

Overall, Bellevue College provides a good education with affordable tuition. The academic rigor is appropriate to an institution that recently became a four-year college. However, it is not necessarily an intellectual challenge considering the slower average coursework pace.

Allison

Bellevue College is overall quite a wonderful school. From the moment I stepped on campus, I felt safe and welcomed by the community. Never once did I ever feel out of place or like I did not belong. Academically, I have had a great experience as well. I feel challenged by the work assigned to me, but never overwhelmed or stressed. Each of my professors has regular office hours each week and are excited to help me learn. To any incoming student considering attending Bellevue College, I would highly recommend this school.

Madison

The teachers are wonderful and its a great environment, the administration is not very helpful and you find yourself getting passed on person to person. I found the students to be very welcoming and made a lot of friends in my classes, also the teachers were always able to talk after or set up a meeting and help.

Brandon

Overall I would recommend Bellevue College to people who are going to college for their two/four year degrees, especially if they have learning disorders such as Autism Spectrum, Dyslexia, etc. Bellevue College in my opinion has the best Disability Resource Center out of all the colleges I have been to and probably the best college for those with Learning or Physical Disabilities that are trying to get their undergraduate degree. The teachers are willing to talk with you and work with your disabilities and improve your curriculum based on what works best for you. You will need to communicate with them but the current head of the Disability Resource Center and the head of their Autism Spectrum Program, Sara Gardner, is an excellent advocate and administrator for the necessary paperwork needed for accommodations and communication with your professors.

Yasmin

Bellevue college is an amazing college in which safety and education is the major focus on its campus.It gives opportunities to everyone regardless of race,ethnicity,religion or opinion,making the environmental completely free of discrimination.Staff members,teachers and students are amazing,very supportive amd always willing to listen and help everybody.I have nothing to claim about it;it’s a great college!

Claudia

I think it's a welcoming environment with a myriad of opportunities. I enjoy going there unless it's in the morning where I'm faced with traffic and issues regarding parking. My only complaint is the parking passes and the way that certain teachers handle ordeals, but that could vary far and wide. In a nutshell though, they don't entirely define Bellevue College. It's a very diverse atmosphere, and I personally relish it.

Caitlin

Bellevue College is a great stepping stone for students who want to pursue a major at a university. The campus is quite small so not a lot of major's are available, but there are great classes to take when pursuing an AA. There aren't many shops around, but it is right by a large freeway so restaurants and grocery stores are relatively available. Although online courses are available, take heavy writing based classes on campus. It's easier in the long run.

jaqueline

I LOVE Bellevue College. As a first year student I was terrified to be a college student but this year hasn't been bad at all. The campus is a good size and not overcrowded with people, it is a really nice environment. The location is great too! If you don't want food here there is tons of places within 10 minutes from the campus. Also there are a lot of FREE resources here for you to use from academic help to emotional help. I'm glad I chose this college over any other university I was accepted into.

Nathan

Bellevue College is a very nice 2 year school that does offer some 4 year degrees. There are many degrees that are offered at Bellevue College and all of them gear you towards the next part of your life. Bellevue College has a lot of great programs on helping you choose a degree and what you need to do to help you in achieving your degree. When it comes to safety, Bellevue College is heavily patrolled by campus security resulting into a very safe campus.

Youssef

Personally, I enjoy going to Bellevue College. It is relatively small, but it is close to home. I feel that the teachers really care if their students succeed. Since I began at Bellevue College, I feel that i have really gained knowledge and learned so much. Great School!

I am currently a running start student at Bellevue College, which makes my experience different than most. I have been at BC for nearly a year and have taken 3 classes. All my teachers have been amazing and I've learned so much! I read ratemyprofessers reviews before I signed up for classes, and I recommend that others do as well. Everyone in my classes has been so friendly and kind. Since it is a commuter school, it is slightly hard to make lasting friends. The friendships you make in classes tend to disappear when the quarter ends. Most people seem to show up for their classes and go home. The campus is pretty ugly, but it doesn't matter. The class sizes are amazing! They really allow for personalized attention. To me, BC feels the same as high school, but I've been having a great time here!

Tara

Bellevue College makes it very simple for anyone to get a great education. It is full of diversity and encourages people to express their voice and opinions. The social life at Bellevue College is not the best unless you join a student club or organization. If you are looking for a place that will make furthering your education very accessible and simple and support you through the process then Bellevue College is the right place to go.

Jordan

My opinion of Bellevue College, it is moving towards more hybrid style of learning (computers and lectures) with the introduction of canvas and the availability of computers. Diversity is promoted through hiring and touring foreign students. The quality of teachers range from don't care to actively involved in helping you learn. There are many adults seeking retraining. Easy access is available via bus, parking garage, or highway. The only walking distance food is the cafeteria and vending machines. There are many students in the hallways during class transitions.

Rita

Over all, my experience at Bellevue College was a very positive one. The campus is usually very clean, the student body is generally a very supportive and open-minded community, and the tutoring center is impeccable. The ratio of good to poor professors is about equal, though. Enrolling in a course with a good professor is somewhat hit or miss. Some professors hold regular office hours that they attend, they are helpful inside and outside of class, they answer their emails, and they are not opposed to answering any questions. Other professors, however, are not as involved or passionate about their students. Some professors do not check their email, attend office hours, or answer questions appropriately. The clubs and events at BC are fun, but they do not seem to be advertised enough to reach the students in an effective manner; and as a result, events do not usually have a large turn out. Bellevue College also hires their staff very liberally, which makes communicating and/or interracting with service representatives difficult at times because of language barrier or disability.

Many of the students at Bellevue College are earning their transfer degree, so there is not a ton of school spirit. For most students, Bellevue College is a temporary pit stop before whichever 4 year university they may be headed to next. That being said, Bellevue College and the faculty still encourage students to become involved in different clubs that are offered, attend events, and get to know peers. There is still a "campus feel", you just have to actively seek it out.

Alisha

Overall Bellevue College is a good school if you are not looking for the whole college experience. Bellevue College is a good commuter school.But, not if you are wanting to make amazing friendships and such in a dorm and spending lots of time there. It is a great school for running start and people who are working full time, and not really into all of the social part of college. Although, academically it is a great school and classes aren't too large.

Victoria

Class sizes are very comfortable. Never more than 25ish people in one class. Professors are very helpful and know their students on a more personal level than is common at large universities. Online classes are very well structured and professors are also very clear and helpful in those classes. Good school to start your college education at. More of a 2 year college, which students then transfer from to larger universities or 4 year colleges.

Jargal

I took classes here since I haven't had really much money to go to university. I took some good and interesting classes like nutrition, philosophy, math. Some teachers were excellent but I did make sure to check them on "rate my professor". Always check and don't get stuck with a bad teacher. I heard some of the teachers were really bad, from my friends. Honestly, I don't think it's fair to expect too much from this kind of college. They give you what you signed up for but there's definitely a lack of social experience (most people are high school students doing running start or adults) even though I did make some good international friends. It's almost smaller than my high school but so far I'm enjoying my experience.

Emma

Bellevue College is a safe place to learn with a great community of people. I don't believe I have ever had a professor I didn't like and have made many friends in my classes. The community here is very diverse and open-minded which I appreciate! The cafeteria food needs some help but the cafe is quite good!

binyamin

Bellevue college is a great school to go too. The class sizes are small. The campus is really easy to get around. I have found teachers relatively easy to access. The only thing of note: Bellevue college is a commuter school and if you do not already have friends their then it will be difficult to make them.

Alexandra

It has a great program for education, but it is not a big college so there are less opportunities to meet people and be social. The quality of education is fabulous with very supportive teachers that want to help you succeed. It's a great school to go to if you want to complete your AA or transfer to a larger university.

kimberly

I think the professors are very good and understanding. I like the way they accommodate and include all students so anyone can receive higher education. The school is set up for students to succeed and learn with many resources. I am glad that I have spent the past three years going there.

Cara

Overall, a great variety of students and professors. I have learned more here in my short time than I did at any point in high school! The student resources and programs truly care about their students, Tips: Public transportation is awesome in this area! A short walk to a large hub for buses. There's a plethora of vending machines, but not any real cafeteria. The closest thing is the pizza cafe in student housing, or the coffee cafes that serve snack foods and pastries. There is a fitness center on campus, but you have to register to take credits in a PE course in order to use the facilities. Off-campus housing is very expensive, but that's because of the area the college is in. On-campus is reasonable for the area.

Claire

Great school! Accessible price, many associates and bachelors degrees, multi-cultural, teachers really care, small class sizes, parking is bad however. The school is expanding and doing a good job, but will likely need another campus soon. The running start program for high school students in awesome but should be advertised more.

Ella

I really like that the professor are all interested to help you and you feel important to the school community. The setting of the school is gorgeous and it has a great curriculum and choice of degree. Overall it has a great environment and I would definitely recommend this college to anyone.

Brandi

Bellevue College is a wonderful school for those pursuing transfer Associates Degrees and some Bachelor's degrees. I currently am studying to reach my Associates Degree to transfer to the University of Washington (Tacoma), and I believe that Bellevue College has prepared me greatly for my next steps in life. Bellevue College is a school filled with kind and helpful individuals, who often commit selfless acts to help those around them. Bellevue College is a great school, and I am very glad that I did not jump right in to a big university right after high school.

Julia

Bellevue College is an encouraging environment with a focus on diverse people groups and inclusivity. Several of the teachers I've had have been passionate about the subjects they teach, and have sought to thoroughly engage with both the students in the classroom, and the course material itself. The only teachers I've found to be unsatisfactory were the ones who did not provide adequate feedback (as feedback and guidance from instructors means a lot to me), or who opted out of assigning more challenging material to fit the overall class dynamic. I have enjoyed many interesting conversations with my peers regarding both class material, and matters which were not relevant to the specific class, but were still quite fascinating. Bellevue college is a place where you might walk into an empty classroom, see someone sitting inside, and have a debate regarding norse mythology and it's modern day application (or something of the like.) I'm enjoying my time there, and believe that it will prepare me to take on more challenging work in the future.

Bellevue College is a welcoming college to all types of students. No matter the race, religion, age, or gender, staff and faculty at Bellevue College are very welcoming. The class sizes are perfect for learning environments enabling student's to communicate and reach out for help when needed. The campus is very clean, nice, and open. There are some buildings that are very new and modern and Bellevue College is still continuing to improve their​ buildings with the new construction going on.

Sabrina

Bellevue College is a good school for the population of high schoolers that attend through running start, but as such is primarily treated as a stepping stone school. The classes are not particularly challenging in most cases, but there are some fun options such as the wilderness skills program. I'd certainly recommend BC as a place to get transfer credits or just to learn some new things, but I wouldn't recommend it as a primary college choice for anyone looking to build a career. However, there is a different story for healthcare services as it's my understanding that there are some decent bachelor's degrees being designed in the field. I have no direct experience with this segment of BC, though.

Eva

I'm enrolled as a running start student at Bellevue College and I've enjoyed my time here so far. School spirit isn't very big but as a community college I wasn't expecting much, I feel pretty supported by staff and faculty. Parking from 9-1 is a bit of a disaster, but I get here for morning classes and I'm fine. A good way to get an associates!

Caden

It's okay. I'm great full for it. I am running start student at Mount Si High school but, I take my classes at Bellevue College. I'm hoping to graduate from Mount Si and have a associates degree from Bellevue College. I'm really just there to get my education but I wish it was easier to make friends there. I also wish I didn't have such a long commute to the college.

Shirley

Bellevue College is a diverse school with many opportunities to get a higher level education. I am currently working on my transfer associate’s degree for the UW. The college has amazing professors, and a great class size that allows students and teachers to get to know one another and build a solid foundation. There are also many opportunities outside of the class to meet with professors. As well, there are counseling services, clubs, and other activities to help round out your educational career. All in all, Bellevue College is a great and generally affordable place to receive a degree, or work toward entering a four year college.