Belmont Abbey College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Belmont Abbey College

Michelle

Overall its a good, cozy, fun, safe, private college. Kids from everywhere tend to come here. From across the world for sure! teacher are amazing the ones i have encounter, super friendly and helpful. But most freshman transfer!! It is a catholic school, community is kind.

Katie

If you want a small school where you get to know your professors and classmates personally, this is the best! Despite our size, we still have tons of opportunities. We are big on athletics and have sent a few people pro. We also rank very highly at many business competitions and our acceptance rate into grad school is very high. We also just started an abroad program to Italy, so that's fun. :)

Lizzy

I love the Abbey so much. I feel so at home and I love the community we have. It is small and private. I also love the fact that classes are so small and the teachers are interested in your personal well being. The most special part of this campus is that our academics are VERY important to us, but our spiritual life is just as important.

Kyle

A private Catholic college with a serene campus and accessible professors. I enjoy the small class size. I look forward to the upcoming semester. I thought that I would prefer the large state universities but I am convinced that Belmont Abbey is the right fit for me.

Naomi

Belmont Abbey College is a small, welcoming school. You become familiar with everyone around campus which makes you feel at home. The majority of students play a sport at Belmont Abbey, so everyone is very supportive of each other. If you are a student-athlete you are surrounded by many kids with the same goals/mindset as you.

Alexis

Belmont Abbey College is a great four year school. I have had the opportunity to play softball at the collegiate level and face some great competition. In the classroom I enjoy most of all my professors, some are more challenging than other but they always want me to succeed and never want me to fail. Some classes I have taken I feel are pointless but by the end of the semester I always feel like I have leaved something regardless if I liked the class or not. The English department is amazing and all the professors are great at helping me achieve greatness. Outside the classroom I have meet so many great people that I will have friendships with for a lifetime. Since it is a small school I have had the opportunity to know and meet pretty much everyone and I love that. I am so glad I picked Belmont Abbey College to attend.

Naomi

Belmont Abbey College is more than a place to go to school. The Abbey welcomes its students as family. It is extremely important to faculty to know their students , not just teach them. Professors take a personal interest to assist the students in reaching their potential. The academic standards are high which accounts for the school's impressive reputation. Over eighty percent of the student population are on athletic scholarships. The focus on athletics brings a health conscious element to the school which in turn makes the campus food abundant, healthy and delicious. Accommodations are extremely spacious and clean with some residences that are less than three years old . The well appointed buildings are spread around a picturesque grounds. One visit to the campus will win your heart over.

Karla

The people and faculty are so great, and the campus is so beautiful but the food is disappointing and theres nothing nearby to walk to when my friends and I are bored. I love the feel of a small school, I always see someone I know at dinner or walking to and from class.

Samuel

Belmont Abbey is a great college that I would highly recommend visiting and attending. I transferred in this past semester and have enjoyed ever minuet that I have spent on campus. The cafeteria is absolutely amazing, and staff is always very friendly and willing to help.

Charles

I love Belmont Abbey College. My mentor who played soccer at Belmont Abbey College, and then coached there l has brought me to the campus two times to visit. I met with the head coach for the soccer team, and then came back for a weekend visit and was offered a position on the developmental team. I am so excited for August to come so I can oficially be a freshman at Belmont Abbey College playing soccer.

Jamie

After graduating from high school, I struggled trying to pick the perfect college for me. I was not sure if I preferred taking my courses at a large university or a small college. I chose Belmont Abbey College, and I certainly do not regret my decision. Belmont Abbey is a private Catholic college that provides everything I wanted and needed for my college education. The classes here at Belmont Abbey consist of twenty to thirty students, and this makes it easier for the professors to provide one on one instruction for their students. Academically, this school exceeded my standards. The professors here truly care for their students, and they seek to help you succeed. The campus itself is absolutely gorgeous. Abbey life is great, and I would reccommend this school to anyone!

Jerardo

I visited Belmont Abbey College in order to meet the lacrosse coach and team. I played in a scrimmage and really had a lot of fun. The lacrosse team gave us a tour of the campus and cafeteria and I was really impressed with the entire school. I can't wait to start attending in the fall of 2019.

Christopher

Belmont Abbey College is a place where I feel that I have made life-long friends. The professors are interested in getting to know their students on a personal level, and the small class sizes help with that. There are plenty of events happening in or around campus, and there are a plethora of clubs or extracurricular activities to join. I feel that once I graduate, I will be prepared for my intended career.

B.

Belmont Abbey has a lot to offer in terms of education as a whole. The Professors are great, accessible, friendly, and overall just really interesting and great people. However, that's the only thing the staff can be praised for. Administration is godawful. They put on a front by issuing surveys at the end of every semester about how the students feel about the school. Consistently get absolutely lampooned for how awful the food is, how outdated and rundown the dorms are, the lack of many extracurriculars, etc. Speaking of extracurriculars, the school tries to do some, but always seems to fail or fall flat. As an example, Student Activities decided to do a flag football tournament in November. One round of games happened, and then nothing was ever said about it again. The dances are abysmal, feeling much like high school dances. Greek life has great members but is again effected by the administration, which, while it does have a handful of good members, the person overseeing Greek Life is clearly out of touch, hard headed, and heavy handed. The school attempted to start an eSports program but failed because they would only hire a coach who would act as coach, computer maintenance technician, etc, and only someone with prior experience. The failures of the administration are absolutely laughable. From putting their brand new, outrageously expensive dorms on what is possibly an unstable hill, to having a sinkhole form on campus, to turning down an offer from the Carolina Panthers to build a football complex due to concerns of "being able to handle the media attention." School actively supports many political ideologies and doesn't really care if any student has a different opinion. For God's sake they had a seminar on "Facing controversy on campus" which was really a talk about what it's like to be pro life on campus, without acknowledging that this view isn't controversial AT ALL here, because it is a.) a Catholic college and b.) actively supports and even funds transportation for students to the annual "Walk for Life" abortion protest. The IT department practically doesn't exist. They claim to have a wifi specifically for gaming systems to ensure there isn't lag, but you have to submit your MAC address to them to verify it. IT will not respond to this submission, or any others, as students are left to simply hope the open wifi returns at some point. The dorms are abhorrently outdated and feel more akin to a prison block than a residence. Hot water constantly goes out, power outages aren't uncommon. On top of this, and I know the school can't do much about it, but still, every time it even LOOKS like it's going to rain, the entire campus turns into a muddy mess just waiting for students to slip. High acceptance rate has resulted in both a parking shortage and a higher transfer rate to get the hell out of here. Barely any access to Charlotte without driving 20-25 minutes on the highway, no transportation off campus, and the transportation between the campuses is CONSTANTLY running late, considering it's literally a van with the school logo on the side. They're losing money hand over fist and seem to be unable to pull out of this downward spiral. The only solution is a complete house cleaning of the administration (save for a few gems), lowering the acceptance rate, focusing on QUALITY sports instead of quantity, and a complete remodeling of all student residences. If the professors weren't as amazing as they are, I would not still be here.