Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Mackinna
Becoming A Bruin

Becoming A Bruin

Someone once told me, during my college searching process that to pick the right college you simply needed to "find your tribe." I had no idea what he had meant, until I stepped foot onto Belmont's campus and experienced the awesome "tribe" here. So what does becoming a Bruin, part of the tribe, look like? It's a daily exposure to music, as there are always students jamming together outside on the lawns or in the multitude of gazebos we have around campus. It's a process of learning how to meet challenges of work set by professors that you will get to know, and who really care to take the time to get to know you too. Our community here is also extremely friendly, accepting and artistic. Location is a huge plus. We are right across the street from music row, where people from Taylor Swift to Elvis have recorded. There are also tons of great, local shops and food places within walking distance of the campus, and we are just about ten minutes outside of Nashville's downtown area. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a Christian University, but you do not have to be a Christian to attend or to feel like you fit it! It is, however, one way that sets our university apart in some of its policies. For example, there are some strict rules regarding housing. There is a check-in policy for the opposite sex, and there are certain times when they can't be in your room. There is also a convocation requirement, which includes attending 10 hours or 10 sessions of chapel before you graduate. The food in the cafeteria is not the most exciting or tasty meal you will have, but we do have a Chick-fil-A and Starbucks on campus! There is also not a lot of parking, but the campus is only about a 15-minute walk from one end to the other. Belmont has it's strengths and weaknesses, just like every university, but I truly believe that it offers a great education and just the right dose of life experience to prepare us as students to be sent out into the world, like our campus motto declares, "From here to anywhere."

max

Belmont is a great school for students interested in the music or nursing industry. The faculty and campus have an extremely religious tone that some may find off-putting.

The fraternities on campus, and some intramural sports.

The students have an upbeat, positive and supportive attitude and are all committed to their studies and faith.

Melissa

Belmont University is a special, enclosed private school that is best knownfor its music performance, music business and audio engineering departments.

Someone who is interested in careers with nursing and entruprenuership. Belmont is a great music school, but the cost of tuition just isnt worth it when you can get the same thing spending 3X less. If money isnt an issue, then all people who have interests and even just enjoy music. Friendly, outgoing, openminded individuals who are non-rebellious.

Melissa

The students are very creative and talented. Hands-on experiences and professional studio equipment.

The cost and the fact that they basically are throwing their students into this financial hole that is nearly impossible to climb out of alone. Also, the negative percentage of students getting good jobs after graduation. Combine the two and its a recipe for disaster.

Dallas

Belmont is the premier school for Commercial Music with an outstanding reputation of graduates actually working in the industry. Also the legacy of quality musicians who have graduated from Belmont continue to keep the standard high by coming back to the campus on occassion and investing in the school and its students. This particular degree coupled with the culture of Belmont are simply not found elsewhere.

Get organized and remember that slow and steady wins the race. There are a lot of interesting looking classes, but pace yourself and don't overload your credits. Taking too many classes can mean a lower over all G.P.A. because there are many hours of homework and multiple tasks to accomplish. Take an average load and do those classes well. In addition take care of your finances. Meet those deadlines for financial aid and scholarships, plus work part-time to keep yourself out of school debt. Finally, these are great years and there are a lot of new and interesting people to meet in college. Get social and let the people, culture and entire college experience shape you into a more interesting and well rounded person. These are years of major personal growth. Have a plan and dive into it!

Since I have always gotten good grades in my classwork, I assumed I would do well on the SAT. Not so. Testing is a different monster and I wish I would have taken a prep course and started getting test ready much sooner than I did.

Joselito

The stereotypes the people at school are subjected to are that they are hipsters. Don't get me wrong there are hipsters, but most of the students that go there for the music in my experience has been because they want to go back to analog music. They want to revert to the old days of AC/DC, The Beetles, Bob Seger etc., but most people would think that the students want to make pop music.

The majority of the students at Belmont are white and conservative. However, they are really friendly and are able to open up their minds and realize that there are many things in this world that they may be naive to. My personal experience has been that the students are friendly and are there to learn--some however know how to have fun.

They are rigorous, in short. There are some exceptionally intelligent students that make learning challenging, but ultimately makes you step up your game.

bonnie

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be more well prepared for college. I would advise myself to think about collge more seriously, and to try a little harder in taking the opportunities that will help me in college, such as saving/ recieving more money and working harder in school. I would also advise myself to be more motivated in what I am passionate about and to never give up on what I want. I would tell myself that bad times will always pass, and I just have to have the will to get through it. The best thing I could do is relax but never lose sight of what I want and work hard to achieve it.

Those who like small community type schools with big school opportunities.

Someone who wants a big school and isnt willing to work and study hard.

Zachary

Belmont University is a small private Christian university right on the edge of Nashville's famous Music Row that has made it's name as a training ground for every facet of the Nashville music scene.

Although I have not yet even begun my first semester at Belmont, I do know that my classmates will be a diverse group of creative and talented invdividuals with the drive and ambition to chase their dreams and seek the guidance and knowledge to put them over the top.

Aria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say not to be afraid of what lies ahead. I would tell myself not to assume anything; that each day would take care of itself and lead me to the next thing I should be doing. High school can seem like a dead end, but college is open ended and full of possibilities. The people you meet and classes you take will challange you in ways you can never imagine. Yes, high school is great, but there is some much more to be experienced. Save yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually for the amazing adventures that await. Do your best, but realize that you can only learn so much in high school. College is the true preparation for life. Aspire to finish strong and launch into the next segment of life with energy and purpose.

Performance opportunities are plentiful and help you gain experience in the field.

music classes and teachers are there to inspire and help you.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.