Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Donald

My classmates are always helpful and very thought provoking.

My classmates are always helpful and very thought provoking.

The first thing that I would tell myslef, would be to have an open mind about the people that go to your college. There are all kinds of people at every college, each with different opinions on every subject you can possibly think of. If you close off your mind and think that your way is the only way, you can really miss out on gaining wisdom and interacting in unique experiences. My first semester in college I closed myself off to others, and it got me nowhere. If I could go back, I would definitely like to open my mind to the possibilites from the start, so that I could get the best out of my college experience. The second thing I would tell myself, is to not think too hard when it comes to making a decision on what college to attend. You should attend whatever college you felt you fit in best. It doesn't matter how academically prestigious the college is. If you don't fit in, your college experience will be a lousy one. If I could go back, I would tell myself this so that I could relieve myself of this unneeded stress.

The best thing about Belmont University is the size of the college. Belmont is a medium sized school. I have never had a class over 24 students, which allows me to be able to connect with the fabulous teachers we have at Belmont, and not just be a number in a lecture hall. But, at the same time, there are enough students to have school spirit and have fun.

Kathleen

My classmates at Belmont grew tremendously over the years. While the school, its philosohpy, and its physical location have a tendency to attract more conservative students, the people who attend Belmont develop into open-minded, deep-thinking individuals I am proud to have studied with.

Do NOT be scared to try new things! When I first started college, I had a rough transitionary period. Though I lived with one of my friends from high school, it was a very tough time for me for several reasons. Since I had the familiarity of living with a high school friend and living so close to home, I was in an awkward spot where my former high school career kept intertwining with my new college one. It took months for me to fully adjust and discover what I really wanted to do--who I really wanted to be. The best advice I could give would be to dive in head first--college is tough for everyone at first! It's hard to move away from your friends and family, but once you open your heart and mind to those around you, it truly is one of the greatest times of you life. Embrace it and move forward!

People who are scared of change or not willing to let their mind open up and wonder will not do well at Belmont.

Virginia

Realize what makes you happiest and go for it. Remember loved ones have their opinions and wish you would do things a certain way, but deep down they want what makes you happiest. Look ahead and remind yourself that things will not always be as they are and cherish the good things you have - anything "bad" can be chalked up to experience.

Keith

To go back and talk to ones-self, hmm, what an interesting proposition. All of my advice would boil down to one set of ideals, a mindset you could call it. This mindset would be one of triumph over the difficulties and trials that each and every person faces. A mindset of you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, it matters not what life throws at you, you will overcome. Now this is not to be misconstrued as a reason to act foolishly or without any care for the repercussions of one’s own actions. This is more, it is a message saying that to be a strong and well integrated adult there must be a strong foundation of high moral character, and above all to finish college early taking time off does not help anybody achieve their life goals.

Paige

I would tell myself to enjoy it more. I spent my entire freshman year stressed out about classes, finances, my roommate, and working. I didn't take the time to socialize as much as I should have. I didn't try new things. I did not have the typical freshman experience, because I didn't "stop to smell the roses." It took me a year to realize that I was at this amazing school and that I should celebrate and enjoy every second!

At Belmont, you can just be yourself, whoever that may be. There is no judgment...everybody is discovering their own path.

The amazing opportunities offered to the students.

jessica

It is an excellent school with great academic/ extra cirricular options for everyone. The counselors and advisors take each individual students academic career very seriously.

If given the opportunity to speak to my high school self, I would be sure to mention not to waste valuable academic time on classes that you do not need. It is very important to be confident in yourself and to not be afraid to do what truly makes you happy at the beginning of your college career instead of trying to make other people happy.

I love the fact that it is a religious school, as well as a private school with small class sizes to better identify with the students.

Angela

Belmont is in the heart of Nashville. You're close enough to Music Row to see the industry. There's opportunities to also be involved in the industry on and off campus. Music is the heart of Belmont and there are plenty of opportunities to share and hear talent throughout the school year on campus. Belmont also offers music business and audio engineering/technology as majors at the university. These students are also encouraged to involve themselves in showcases and concerts on campus as well as festivals and concerts off campus.

You really want to major in music business, so take Shelly's advice and apply for Belmont, don't wait. Go to Belmont and get involved with church, community, and school activities. You love marching band, so make that a part of your life. Also, don't slack, ever. Read, do homework, don't spend too much time on the computer, and prioritize! Become a leader in a group that's important to you and love what you do. Also, don't ask mom and dad for help, do everything yourself because you're going to have to anyways.

Anyone would be a good fit at Belmont, but students who are creative, self-motivated, and wanting to learn would thrive here. Students who specifically interested in music, be it the industry, songwriting, or performing, would be perfect fits. Also, students who are looking to be involved in campus organizations and the Nashville community are strongly encouraged to be here.

Morgan

Hello high school senior version of Morgan, It's you only you're in college now. I've got some advice for you. Spend as much time with your friends and family as you can. Soon you're going to leave them behind and it will be really sad, but worth while. You're going to lose a lot of your high school friends for new college ones. It's not a bad thing. It happens to everyone. Just try and enjoy the life you have and don't stress about it. Another thing is, be sure to remember to be yourself. You get to start a whole new life 300 miles away from what you now know of high school. Don't change who you are for other people. Trust me. Just be yourself and good things will eventually come to you. Don't compromise all that you are. You're a wonderful person, it just takes you a while to realize this. P.S. Buy laundry detergent sheets, not gel. One day you'll blow up a washing machine and cause a soapy flood if you don't. HAVE FUN, Future college version of you

The worst thing about my school is definitely the money situation. I mean, I go to a private institution, but Belmont just raised tuition prices by 5.5% and it's unbearable to pay. They don't offer too many scholarships even though they claim it is easy to obtain one.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the intollerance towards the gay community. A lot of my friends are gay and it is disheartening to see such intollerance.

Belmont University is flourished with excellent opportunitites towards audio engineering (my major) and is well worth the money I will be paying.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I'd make myself fully aware of one big thing. Money is flying out of your pockets faster than a tornado tackles down in Kansas. Family is not the closest, and finding good new friends can be difficult. The list goes for miles, and that is college. The point is, most of the time life during college will be overwhelming, but you just need to take a breath and keep pushing forward. The more difficult situations you go through, the more you grow as a person.

I brag to my friends how Belmont has such great connections for music business and audio engineering. I love giving details of the spectacular recording studios I will soon be learning in, and how lots of previous students recently got internships recording music artists such as Taylor Swift and Brad Paisely. Once I get started talking to my friends of the endless opportunities Belmont holds for me, I just can't seem to stop!

Courtney

I would tell myself to go into things with an open mind since not everything needs to be planned out. Since by the time I graduated high school it was drilled into my head that I needed to know exactly what I wanted to study and what I was going to do with my life. So I completed a degree that after the first year. I knew I wasn’t going to work in but I was afraid of failing at something. It took me three years after I graduated high school to discover what I really wanted to do with my life. I think this is a mistake a lot of high school seniors make however most of them figure it out sooner than I did.

It's highly competive and exteremely exspensive

Anyone who is not creative and not outgoing.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.