Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Joselito

The stereotypes the people at school are subjected to are that they are hipsters. Don't get me wrong there are hipsters, but most of the students that go there for the music in my experience has been because they want to go back to analog music. They want to revert to the old days of AC/DC, The Beetles, Bob Seger etc., but most people would think that the students want to make pop music.

The majority of the students at Belmont are white and conservative. However, they are really friendly and are able to open up their minds and realize that there are many things in this world that they may be naive to. My personal experience has been that the students are friendly and are there to learn--some however know how to have fun.

They are rigorous, in short. There are some exceptionally intelligent students that make learning challenging, but ultimately makes you step up your game.

bonnie

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be more well prepared for college. I would advise myself to think about collge more seriously, and to try a little harder in taking the opportunities that will help me in college, such as saving/ recieving more money and working harder in school. I would also advise myself to be more motivated in what I am passionate about and to never give up on what I want. I would tell myself that bad times will always pass, and I just have to have the will to get through it. The best thing I could do is relax but never lose sight of what I want and work hard to achieve it.

Those who like small community type schools with big school opportunities.

Someone who wants a big school and isnt willing to work and study hard.

Zachary

Belmont University is a small private Christian university right on the edge of Nashville's famous Music Row that has made it's name as a training ground for every facet of the Nashville music scene.

Although I have not yet even begun my first semester at Belmont, I do know that my classmates will be a diverse group of creative and talented invdividuals with the drive and ambition to chase their dreams and seek the guidance and knowledge to put them over the top.

Aria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say not to be afraid of what lies ahead. I would tell myself not to assume anything; that each day would take care of itself and lead me to the next thing I should be doing. High school can seem like a dead end, but college is open ended and full of possibilities. The people you meet and classes you take will challange you in ways you can never imagine. Yes, high school is great, but there is some much more to be experienced. Save yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually for the amazing adventures that await. Do your best, but realize that you can only learn so much in high school. College is the true preparation for life. Aspire to finish strong and launch into the next segment of life with energy and purpose.

Performance opportunities are plentiful and help you gain experience in the field.

music classes and teachers are there to inspire and help you.

Donald

My classmates are always helpful and very thought provoking.

My classmates are always helpful and very thought provoking.

The first thing that I would tell myslef, would be to have an open mind about the people that go to your college. There are all kinds of people at every college, each with different opinions on every subject you can possibly think of. If you close off your mind and think that your way is the only way, you can really miss out on gaining wisdom and interacting in unique experiences. My first semester in college I closed myself off to others, and it got me nowhere. If I could go back, I would definitely like to open my mind to the possibilites from the start, so that I could get the best out of my college experience. The second thing I would tell myself, is to not think too hard when it comes to making a decision on what college to attend. You should attend whatever college you felt you fit in best. It doesn't matter how academically prestigious the college is. If you don't fit in, your college experience will be a lousy one. If I could go back, I would tell myself this so that I could relieve myself of this unneeded stress.

The best thing about Belmont University is the size of the college. Belmont is a medium sized school. I have never had a class over 24 students, which allows me to be able to connect with the fabulous teachers we have at Belmont, and not just be a number in a lecture hall. But, at the same time, there are enough students to have school spirit and have fun.

Kathleen

My classmates at Belmont grew tremendously over the years. While the school, its philosohpy, and its physical location have a tendency to attract more conservative students, the people who attend Belmont develop into open-minded, deep-thinking individuals I am proud to have studied with.

Do NOT be scared to try new things! When I first started college, I had a rough transitionary period. Though I lived with one of my friends from high school, it was a very tough time for me for several reasons. Since I had the familiarity of living with a high school friend and living so close to home, I was in an awkward spot where my former high school career kept intertwining with my new college one. It took months for me to fully adjust and discover what I really wanted to do--who I really wanted to be. The best advice I could give would be to dive in head first--college is tough for everyone at first! It's hard to move away from your friends and family, but once you open your heart and mind to those around you, it truly is one of the greatest times of you life. Embrace it and move forward!

People who are scared of change or not willing to let their mind open up and wonder will not do well at Belmont.

Virginia

Realize what makes you happiest and go for it. Remember loved ones have their opinions and wish you would do things a certain way, but deep down they want what makes you happiest. Look ahead and remind yourself that things will not always be as they are and cherish the good things you have - anything "bad" can be chalked up to experience.

Keith

To go back and talk to ones-self, hmm, what an interesting proposition. All of my advice would boil down to one set of ideals, a mindset you could call it. This mindset would be one of triumph over the difficulties and trials that each and every person faces. A mindset of you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, it matters not what life throws at you, you will overcome. Now this is not to be misconstrued as a reason to act foolishly or without any care for the repercussions of one’s own actions. This is more, it is a message saying that to be a strong and well integrated adult there must be a strong foundation of high moral character, and above all to finish college early taking time off does not help anybody achieve their life goals.

Paige

I would tell myself to enjoy it more. I spent my entire freshman year stressed out about classes, finances, my roommate, and working. I didn't take the time to socialize as much as I should have. I didn't try new things. I did not have the typical freshman experience, because I didn't "stop to smell the roses." It took me a year to realize that I was at this amazing school and that I should celebrate and enjoy every second!

At Belmont, you can just be yourself, whoever that may be. There is no judgment...everybody is discovering their own path.

The amazing opportunities offered to the students.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.