Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

jessica

It is an excellent school with great academic/ extra cirricular options for everyone. The counselors and advisors take each individual students academic career very seriously.

If given the opportunity to speak to my high school self, I would be sure to mention not to waste valuable academic time on classes that you do not need. It is very important to be confident in yourself and to not be afraid to do what truly makes you happy at the beginning of your college career instead of trying to make other people happy.

I love the fact that it is a religious school, as well as a private school with small class sizes to better identify with the students.

Angela

Belmont is in the heart of Nashville. You're close enough to Music Row to see the industry. There's opportunities to also be involved in the industry on and off campus. Music is the heart of Belmont and there are plenty of opportunities to share and hear talent throughout the school year on campus. Belmont also offers music business and audio engineering/technology as majors at the university. These students are also encouraged to involve themselves in showcases and concerts on campus as well as festivals and concerts off campus.

You really want to major in music business, so take Shelly's advice and apply for Belmont, don't wait. Go to Belmont and get involved with church, community, and school activities. You love marching band, so make that a part of your life. Also, don't slack, ever. Read, do homework, don't spend too much time on the computer, and prioritize! Become a leader in a group that's important to you and love what you do. Also, don't ask mom and dad for help, do everything yourself because you're going to have to anyways.

Anyone would be a good fit at Belmont, but students who are creative, self-motivated, and wanting to learn would thrive here. Students who specifically interested in music, be it the industry, songwriting, or performing, would be perfect fits. Also, students who are looking to be involved in campus organizations and the Nashville community are strongly encouraged to be here.

Morgan

Hello high school senior version of Morgan, It's you only you're in college now. I've got some advice for you. Spend as much time with your friends and family as you can. Soon you're going to leave them behind and it will be really sad, but worth while. You're going to lose a lot of your high school friends for new college ones. It's not a bad thing. It happens to everyone. Just try and enjoy the life you have and don't stress about it. Another thing is, be sure to remember to be yourself. You get to start a whole new life 300 miles away from what you now know of high school. Don't change who you are for other people. Trust me. Just be yourself and good things will eventually come to you. Don't compromise all that you are. You're a wonderful person, it just takes you a while to realize this. P.S. Buy laundry detergent sheets, not gel. One day you'll blow up a washing machine and cause a soapy flood if you don't. HAVE FUN, Future college version of you

The worst thing about my school is definitely the money situation. I mean, I go to a private institution, but Belmont just raised tuition prices by 5.5% and it's unbearable to pay. They don't offer too many scholarships even though they claim it is easy to obtain one.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the intollerance towards the gay community. A lot of my friends are gay and it is disheartening to see such intollerance.

Belmont University is flourished with excellent opportunitites towards audio engineering (my major) and is well worth the money I will be paying.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I'd make myself fully aware of one big thing. Money is flying out of your pockets faster than a tornado tackles down in Kansas. Family is not the closest, and finding good new friends can be difficult. The list goes for miles, and that is college. The point is, most of the time life during college will be overwhelming, but you just need to take a breath and keep pushing forward. The more difficult situations you go through, the more you grow as a person.

I brag to my friends how Belmont has such great connections for music business and audio engineering. I love giving details of the spectacular recording studios I will soon be learning in, and how lots of previous students recently got internships recording music artists such as Taylor Swift and Brad Paisely. Once I get started talking to my friends of the endless opportunities Belmont holds for me, I just can't seem to stop!

Courtney

I would tell myself to go into things with an open mind since not everything needs to be planned out. Since by the time I graduated high school it was drilled into my head that I needed to know exactly what I wanted to study and what I was going to do with my life. So I completed a degree that after the first year. I knew I wasn’t going to work in but I was afraid of failing at something. It took me three years after I graduated high school to discover what I really wanted to do with my life. I think this is a mistake a lot of high school seniors make however most of them figure it out sooner than I did.

It's highly competive and exteremely exspensive

Anyone who is not creative and not outgoing.

Luci

Belmont is a very beautiful, religious, liberal, artistic school.

Belmont is a very beautiful, religious, liberal, artistic school.

Dear Silly Highschooler: A couple of things I would recomend before you go into college would be to not date until you get to college, do not choose a friend to room with, and start saving money now! My biggest regret was to date while I was in highschool. All I found out of that was heartbrakes and a waste of time. I wish I had focused more on a friend group than the guys I hung out with. (however my best friends are those from highschool) Going into college I was really nervous about who I was going to room with. I wish I would have been more adventerous and went into the random draw, but instead I chose a girl I went to highschool with. That was a huge mistake because we are not that close of friends anymore. Lastly, save all the money you can! A college student's biggest temptation is food! So if you start saving your money now you will be able to afford late night pizza or taco bell runs! After knowing this, you will be much better off!

I wish I had known about the dynomite blasting that goes off three times a day. It's unfortunate because you can feel this all over campus.

Darby

My advice to my high school self would be: 1. Don't expect too much from your roommate. Don't expect him to respect "your half" of the room. Don't expect him to be tidy. Don't expect him to be your best friend. Most of the time he is just an acquaintance. 2. Don't expect college to be like high school. Here, it is entirely your responsibility to show up for class and do your work. If you don't, they are not going to hunt you down -- but you will be in trouble academically. 3. Take every opportunity to get away from campus. While you need to immerse yourself in campus life, you also need the reality of the "real world" to create balance in your life. 4. Don't limit yourself to one group of friends, as you may miss some great experiences with others. Get out of your comfort zone once in awhile, and you might learn something new. 5. Realize that it is a privilege to attend college; take full advantage of every experience offered.

The best thing about Belmont University is that it offers degrees in music industry fields and that it sits atop Music Row in Nashville, Tennesee, Music City, USA. Many of the professors are music industry professionals with unique and meaningful experience to those of us passionate about the industry. The internship and networking opportunites are exceptional.

My studies and experiences are actually relevant to my degree (audio engineering technology), and that I am able to work and get field experience while pursuing my degree. I have the opportunity to meet "celebrities", both on and off campus.

Ayla

"Ayla, it is not going to be the seamless transition you are imagining. I know that you are excited about moving away from home and starting this new adventure, but you should stop thinking that it is going to be easy. It's not. You will be shocked by the fact that making friends is very difficult for you when, in high school, it was effortless. Even in your second semester, you will realize that you only have two real 'friends'. This fact will bring you a lot of sadness. It will be the most alone you have ever felt. You will worry about money, since your parents are both unemployed and you are having to support yourself throughout college. This will be especially true when you find out that your university is raising its cost of attendance for the next year. You barely make it through as it is... It is going to be a lot of stress. Stress you are not anticipating right now, but I assure you, it will appear. But when it does, please stay strong. Use that mind of yours. You know the future you want for yourself."

The sense of community is definately a wonderful thing. I love how welcoming and accepting everyone on campus is. We are all here for our own reasons, but we are also intertwined with each other in such a carefree way. The sense of tranquility that floats throughout campus is very refreshing and I would say it is the best thing about my school.

I wish I had known how difficult it would be to make friends. I was hoping it would be an easy transition going from high school to college, but it definately wasn't. It takes alot of effort to put yourself out there and try to click with random strangers. I wish I had known that building relationships from scratch when you are in college is alot more difficult than it is when you are younger.

Brian

I would tell myself to focus more on the practice and study of music. I have known that I wanted to go into music since a young age, but had very limited venue to pursue it and study it from my small town. I would convince myself that if I look and am willing to try even harder, that i would be able to better myself personally and in the music industry even from my small town. I would remind myself that the key to success is to put more of yourself and more hard work into your goal than you have into anything before. On a final note, I would remind myself to never lose sight of my passion for music, as I almost did during the beginning of this year. All that I can do is try and keep trying; I could hear a hundred people turn me down before the door might be opened, but don't lose sight of my passion.

Some of the strict christian values inhibit the schools from accepting people and give the school a closed-minded view from the outside community. I want to be able to go to a school where my fellow peers and friends can feel like they are allowed to be themselves.

Some of the rules are frustrating. I understand they are in place for a good reason and to help uphold Christian values but sometimes it feels more like a boarding school than a college. I feel as if they are treating me as if I am still a child in comparison to my friends who go to other Universities.

Darby

Belmont University is best know for its amazing number of successful graduates in the Music Industry including both performers and businessmen, its Mike Curb College of Music Business, and the Belmont School of Music.

In my short amount of time at Belmont I have learned to take and appreciate every possible learning experience available to me. Belmont University is a great place to for someone like me. I am a very ambitious student and I have always wanted to learn everything I can. Belmont gives me that possibility. As a Christian Liberal Arts School, Belmont not only provides me a safe, Christian environment in which to engage in learning but also provides me with a wide variety of subjects to study and allows me to take a wide variety of elective classes completely unrelated to my major. As a result of my learning, I have become a much more accomplished musician and Audio Tech. as well as a harder worker. I have also gained a better understanding of my faith, other people, social interaction, and the world as a whole. I am glad that I have been able to attend such an amazing school and I would not trade this experience for any other.

I always brag about our amizing number of famous graduates and our prestigious music school as well as any performances that I have seen by campus groups.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.