Nashville, TN
Belmont University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Belmont University

Luci

Belmont is a very beautiful, religious, liberal, artistic school.

Belmont is a very beautiful, religious, liberal, artistic school.

Dear Silly Highschooler: A couple of things I would recomend before you go into college would be to not date until you get to college, do not choose a friend to room with, and start saving money now! My biggest regret was to date while I was in highschool. All I found out of that was heartbrakes and a waste of time. I wish I had focused more on a friend group than the guys I hung out with. (however my best friends are those from highschool) Going into college I was really nervous about who I was going to room with. I wish I would have been more adventerous and went into the random draw, but instead I chose a girl I went to highschool with. That was a huge mistake because we are not that close of friends anymore. Lastly, save all the money you can! A college student's biggest temptation is food! So if you start saving your money now you will be able to afford late night pizza or taco bell runs! After knowing this, you will be much better off!

I wish I had known about the dynomite blasting that goes off three times a day. It's unfortunate because you can feel this all over campus.

Darby

My advice to my high school self would be: 1. Don't expect too much from your roommate. Don't expect him to respect "your half" of the room. Don't expect him to be tidy. Don't expect him to be your best friend. Most of the time he is just an acquaintance. 2. Don't expect college to be like high school. Here, it is entirely your responsibility to show up for class and do your work. If you don't, they are not going to hunt you down -- but you will be in trouble academically. 3. Take every opportunity to get away from campus. While you need to immerse yourself in campus life, you also need the reality of the "real world" to create balance in your life. 4. Don't limit yourself to one group of friends, as you may miss some great experiences with others. Get out of your comfort zone once in awhile, and you might learn something new. 5. Realize that it is a privilege to attend college; take full advantage of every experience offered.

The best thing about Belmont University is that it offers degrees in music industry fields and that it sits atop Music Row in Nashville, Tennesee, Music City, USA. Many of the professors are music industry professionals with unique and meaningful experience to those of us passionate about the industry. The internship and networking opportunites are exceptional.

My studies and experiences are actually relevant to my degree (audio engineering technology), and that I am able to work and get field experience while pursuing my degree. I have the opportunity to meet "celebrities", both on and off campus.

Ayla

"Ayla, it is not going to be the seamless transition you are imagining. I know that you are excited about moving away from home and starting this new adventure, but you should stop thinking that it is going to be easy. It's not. You will be shocked by the fact that making friends is very difficult for you when, in high school, it was effortless. Even in your second semester, you will realize that you only have two real 'friends'. This fact will bring you a lot of sadness. It will be the most alone you have ever felt. You will worry about money, since your parents are both unemployed and you are having to support yourself throughout college. This will be especially true when you find out that your university is raising its cost of attendance for the next year. You barely make it through as it is... It is going to be a lot of stress. Stress you are not anticipating right now, but I assure you, it will appear. But when it does, please stay strong. Use that mind of yours. You know the future you want for yourself."

The sense of community is definately a wonderful thing. I love how welcoming and accepting everyone on campus is. We are all here for our own reasons, but we are also intertwined with each other in such a carefree way. The sense of tranquility that floats throughout campus is very refreshing and I would say it is the best thing about my school.

I wish I had known how difficult it would be to make friends. I was hoping it would be an easy transition going from high school to college, but it definately wasn't. It takes alot of effort to put yourself out there and try to click with random strangers. I wish I had known that building relationships from scratch when you are in college is alot more difficult than it is when you are younger.

Brian

I would tell myself to focus more on the practice and study of music. I have known that I wanted to go into music since a young age, but had very limited venue to pursue it and study it from my small town. I would convince myself that if I look and am willing to try even harder, that i would be able to better myself personally and in the music industry even from my small town. I would remind myself that the key to success is to put more of yourself and more hard work into your goal than you have into anything before. On a final note, I would remind myself to never lose sight of my passion for music, as I almost did during the beginning of this year. All that I can do is try and keep trying; I could hear a hundred people turn me down before the door might be opened, but don't lose sight of my passion.

Some of the strict christian values inhibit the schools from accepting people and give the school a closed-minded view from the outside community. I want to be able to go to a school where my fellow peers and friends can feel like they are allowed to be themselves.

Some of the rules are frustrating. I understand they are in place for a good reason and to help uphold Christian values but sometimes it feels more like a boarding school than a college. I feel as if they are treating me as if I am still a child in comparison to my friends who go to other Universities.

Darby

Belmont University is best know for its amazing number of successful graduates in the Music Industry including both performers and businessmen, its Mike Curb College of Music Business, and the Belmont School of Music.

In my short amount of time at Belmont I have learned to take and appreciate every possible learning experience available to me. Belmont University is a great place to for someone like me. I am a very ambitious student and I have always wanted to learn everything I can. Belmont gives me that possibility. As a Christian Liberal Arts School, Belmont not only provides me a safe, Christian environment in which to engage in learning but also provides me with a wide variety of subjects to study and allows me to take a wide variety of elective classes completely unrelated to my major. As a result of my learning, I have become a much more accomplished musician and Audio Tech. as well as a harder worker. I have also gained a better understanding of my faith, other people, social interaction, and the world as a whole. I am glad that I have been able to attend such an amazing school and I would not trade this experience for any other.

I always brag about our amizing number of famous graduates and our prestigious music school as well as any performances that I have seen by campus groups.

Erin

My classmates at Belmont were a wide variety of friends and supporters with dreams and goals.

Not only has college given me education in a vast range of areas but has taught me about myself. College has offered me a supportive and encouraging environment where I have begun to grow into a strong and confident individual. I have come to understand what is important to me and my role in this world. College have encouraged my desire to better myself and my impact on the world. The value of college is something I will continually learn and come to understand as I continue my journey through life.

At Belmont there are students from all walks of life with a wide range of interests, goals, and beliefs. I believe the only kind of person who wouldn't necessarily enjoy attending Belmont would be a student who wants the enviroment of a large campus.

Julie

Belmont is best known for their Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business, a college I am currently in and it is the reason I chose to come to Belmont.

My college experience has been nothing more than a growing experience. I left my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio because I have a dream of working on the business side of the music industry. All of my best friends stayed in Ohio so I was forced to branch out and form new relationships. Even though I still miss home, I know this school is right for me. My passion for music has grown even more throughout my time here. I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet so I second guessed and doubted myself for quite a while if Belmont was right for me. I now know that I made the right decisionwith my school and my major. I know I'm positioning myself for success by coming to Belmont through their many programs throughout the music industry. Most people worry that they will change for the worse when they go to college, but I know I have been changed for the better by coming to Belmont. I am more considerate, open-minded, and independent, and these are words that I never used to describe myself with.

Someone who doesn't like small classes and someone who doesn't like music or the "artsy" atmosphere.

steven

For the most part my class mates are normal people seeking an education. I have met plent of nice people and plenty of people who I choose not to spend time around. Many people at Belmont are here for the music school or music business program or they have dropped out of the program and are now persuing another major in another field. Overall the people are nice but it is clearly a music school.

Attending my school I have grown in many ways both inside and outside the classroom. I have been challenged academically in my classes and extracUrricular activities. I have also been able to make great connections with interesting people my own age as well as professors in my chosen field of study. For example my Biology teacher has had many discussions with me outside the classroom about her research into serotonergic and dopaminergic pathways within zebra fish. Animals who mimic our neural biochemistry. I have also been able to connect with the local community around my university. Working at a Hospital close to campus that works around my school schedule has been greatly helped me in learning medical terminology and technique. Living on campus has also been a wonderful way to get involved. Joining the rock climbing club known as "Outdoor Persuits" on campus has given me a way to connect with my fellow students outside of the classroom. The Indoor rock wall is also a great way to blow off steam after studying and has provided me with a healthy new hobby.

People intending to go into music or business. The school has a great business program and is very serious about it. They are also well known for their music business program because of the combination of a good business and good music program. Also since the school is located in Nashville the city is full of music. It seems most people come here thinking they are going to make it big either by performing or exploiting those who perform.

Amelia

Belmont University is a school where you can find diversity, but find yourself overwhelmed in the mass student population of Music, Business, or Music Business majors.

By attending college I have gained a sense of identity and responsibility. College has granted me the freedom to accomplish my goals on my time, while guiding me in a direction that I am prepared for the real world. I am in pursuit of a pharmaceutical career, and so far I have managed a pharmacy technician job while maintaining an average of 15 credit hours per semester. In process of reaching my goal in pharmacy, college has helped me to achieve and succeed in appropriate classes by offering the latest educational resources and teachers who share their passion of their fields with their students. Additionally, I have found that (most) colleges offer career resources to find job openings, internships, fairs, and resume seminars, in order to advance my resume to be more competitive. I find college to be incredibly valuable because I am given the opportunity to take necessary steps to become the person I aspire to be.

I wish I had known that Belmont's focus is merely expanding its enrollment and developing new programs. It lacks concideration and focus on its current students and educational programs. I am a science major, and our department (teachers, classes, and facilities) is lacking to say the least.

Alec

Belmont students are basically a huge group of music-loving, music-playing, music-affiliated hipster kids, who may or may not actually have any religious beliefs.

In high school, I always considered myself to be a very independent person. This allowed me to make the transition from living at home to living across the country with relative ease. I wasn't prepared for how much I didn't know, nor for the culture shock of moving from liberal California to the bible belt, Tennessee. Nor was I prepared for how quickly Belmont would begin to feel like home. I consider myself a full fledged individual now, self sufficient and ready to come out from under my parents' protective scope. And I have Belmont to thank for that.

I wish I had known that Belmont isn't as much of a Christian School as the administrators would have you believe. It is a perfectly comfortable school for any student, even those with no religious background whatsoever. Aside from a couple awkward moments, usually facilitated by staff, not students, I regularly forget that I am attending a self proclaimed Christian Institution. It's more like a hippie school masquerading as a religiously affiliated University.

Belmont University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.