Belmont University Top Questions

Dallas

Get organized and remember that slow and steady wins the race. There are a lot of interesting looking classes, but pace yourself and don't overload your credits. Taking too many classes can mean a lower over all G.P.A. because there are many hours of homework and multiple tasks to accomplish. Take an average load and do those classes well. In addition take care of your finances. Meet those deadlines for financial aid and scholarships, plus work part-time to keep yourself out of school debt. Finally, these are great years and there are a lot of new and interesting people to meet in college. Get social and let the people, culture and entire college experience shape you into a more interesting and well rounded person. These are years of major personal growth. Have a plan and dive into it!

Ilyana

Do your best!

bonnie

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be more well prepared for college. I would advise myself to think about collge more seriously, and to try a little harder in taking the opportunities that will help me in college, such as saving/ recieving more money and working harder in school. I would also advise myself to be more motivated in what I am passionate about and to never give up on what I want. I would tell myself that bad times will always pass, and I just have to have the will to get through it. The best thing I could do is relax but never lose sight of what I want and work hard to achieve it.

Aria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say not to be afraid of what lies ahead. I would tell myself not to assume anything; that each day would take care of itself and lead me to the next thing I should be doing. High school can seem like a dead end, but college is open ended and full of possibilities. The people you meet and classes you take will challange you in ways you can never imagine. Yes, high school is great, but there is some much more to be experienced. Save yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually for the amazing adventures that await. Do your best, but realize that you can only learn so much in high school. College is the true preparation for life. Aspire to finish strong and launch into the next segment of life with energy and purpose.

Donald

The first thing that I would tell myslef, would be to have an open mind about the people that go to your college. There are all kinds of people at every college, each with different opinions on every subject you can possibly think of. If you close off your mind and think that your way is the only way, you can really miss out on gaining wisdom and interacting in unique experiences. My first semester in college I closed myself off to others, and it got me nowhere. If I could go back, I would definitely like to open my mind to the possibilites from the start, so that I could get the best out of my college experience. The second thing I would tell myself, is to not think too hard when it comes to making a decision on what college to attend. You should attend whatever college you felt you fit in best. It doesn't matter how academically prestigious the college is. If you don't fit in, your college experience will be a lousy one. If I could go back, I would tell myself this so that I could relieve myself of this unneeded stress.

Do NOT be scared to try new things! When I first started college, I had a rough transitionary period. Though I lived with one of my friends from high school, it was a very tough time for me for several reasons. Since I had the familiarity of living with a high school friend and living so close to home, I was in an awkward spot where my former high school career kept intertwining with my new college one. It took months for me to fully adjust and discover what I really wanted to do--who I really wanted to be. The best advice I could give would be to dive in head first--college is tough for everyone at first! It's hard to move away from your friends and family, but once you open your heart and mind to those around you, it truly is one of the greatest times of you life. Embrace it and move forward!

Virginia

Realize what makes you happiest and go for it. Remember loved ones have their opinions and wish you would do things a certain way, but deep down they want what makes you happiest. Look ahead and remind yourself that things will not always be as they are and cherish the good things you have - anything "bad" can be chalked up to experience.

Keith

To go back and talk to ones-self, hmm, what an interesting proposition. All of my advice would boil down to one set of ideals, a mindset you could call it. This mindset would be one of triumph over the difficulties and trials that each and every person faces. A mindset of you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, it matters not what life throws at you, you will overcome. Now this is not to be misconstrued as a reason to act foolishly or without any care for the repercussions of one’s own actions. This is more, it is a message saying that to be a strong and well integrated adult there must be a strong foundation of high moral character, and above all to finish college early taking time off does not help anybody achieve their life goals.

I would tell myself to enjoy it more. I spent my entire freshman year stressed out about classes, finances, my roommate, and working. I didn't take the time to socialize as much as I should have. I didn't try new things. I did not have the typical freshman experience, because I didn't "stop to smell the roses." It took me a year to realize that I was at this amazing school and that I should celebrate and enjoy every second!

jessica

If given the opportunity to speak to my high school self, I would be sure to mention not to waste valuable academic time on classes that you do not need. It is very important to be confident in yourself and to not be afraid to do what truly makes you happy at the beginning of your college career instead of trying to make other people happy.

You really want to major in music business, so take Shelly's advice and apply for Belmont, don't wait. Go to Belmont and get involved with church, community, and school activities. You love marching band, so make that a part of your life. Also, don't slack, ever. Read, do homework, don't spend too much time on the computer, and prioritize! Become a leader in a group that's important to you and love what you do. Also, don't ask mom and dad for help, do everything yourself because you're going to have to anyways.

Hello high school senior version of Morgan, It's you only you're in college now. I've got some advice for you. Spend as much time with your friends and family as you can. Soon you're going to leave them behind and it will be really sad, but worth while. You're going to lose a lot of your high school friends for new college ones. It's not a bad thing. It happens to everyone. Just try and enjoy the life you have and don't stress about it. Another thing is, be sure to remember to be yourself. You get to start a whole new life 300 miles away from what you now know of high school. Don't change who you are for other people. Trust me. Just be yourself and good things will eventually come to you. Don't compromise all that you are. You're a wonderful person, it just takes you a while to realize this. P.S. Buy laundry detergent sheets, not gel. One day you'll blow up a washing machine and cause a soapy flood if you don't. HAVE FUN, Future college version of you

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I'd make myself fully aware of one big thing. Money is flying out of your pockets faster than a tornado tackles down in Kansas. Family is not the closest, and finding good new friends can be difficult. The list goes for miles, and that is college. The point is, most of the time life during college will be overwhelming, but you just need to take a breath and keep pushing forward. The more difficult situations you go through, the more you grow as a person.

I would tell myself to go into things with an open mind since not everything needs to be planned out. Since by the time I graduated high school it was drilled into my head that I needed to know exactly what I wanted to study and what I was going to do with my life. So I completed a degree that after the first year. I knew I wasn’t going to work in but I was afraid of failing at something. It took me three years after I graduated high school to discover what I really wanted to do with my life. I think this is a mistake a lot of high school seniors make however most of them figure it out sooner than I did.

Luci

Dear Silly Highschooler: A couple of things I would recomend before you go into college would be to not date until you get to college, do not choose a friend to room with, and start saving money now! My biggest regret was to date while I was in highschool. All I found out of that was heartbrakes and a waste of time. I wish I had focused more on a friend group than the guys I hung out with. (however my best friends are those from highschool) Going into college I was really nervous about who I was going to room with. I wish I would have been more adventerous and went into the random draw, but instead I chose a girl I went to highschool with. That was a huge mistake because we are not that close of friends anymore. Lastly, save all the money you can! A college student's biggest temptation is food! So if you start saving your money now you will be able to afford late night pizza or taco bell runs! After knowing this, you will be much better off!

Darby

My advice to my high school self would be: 1. Don't expect too much from your roommate. Don't expect him to respect "your half" of the room. Don't expect him to be tidy. Don't expect him to be your best friend. Most of the time he is just an acquaintance. 2. Don't expect college to be like high school. Here, it is entirely your responsibility to show up for class and do your work. If you don't, they are not going to hunt you down -- but you will be in trouble academically. 3. Take every opportunity to get away from campus. While you need to immerse yourself in campus life, you also need the reality of the "real world" to create balance in your life. 4. Don't limit yourself to one group of friends, as you may miss some great experiences with others. Get out of your comfort zone once in awhile, and you might learn something new. 5. Realize that it is a privilege to attend college; take full advantage of every experience offered.

Ayla

"Ayla, it is not going to be the seamless transition you are imagining. I know that you are excited about moving away from home and starting this new adventure, but you should stop thinking that it is going to be easy. It's not. You will be shocked by the fact that making friends is very difficult for you when, in high school, it was effortless. Even in your second semester, you will realize that you only have two real 'friends'. This fact will bring you a lot of sadness. It will be the most alone you have ever felt. You will worry about money, since your parents are both unemployed and you are having to support yourself throughout college. This will be especially true when you find out that your university is raising its cost of attendance for the next year. You barely make it through as it is... It is going to be a lot of stress. Stress you are not anticipating right now, but I assure you, it will appear. But when it does, please stay strong. Use that mind of yours. You know the future you want for yourself."

I would tell myself to focus more on the practice and study of music. I have known that I wanted to go into music since a young age, but had very limited venue to pursue it and study it from my small town. I would convince myself that if I look and am willing to try even harder, that i would be able to better myself personally and in the music industry even from my small town. I would remind myself that the key to success is to put more of yourself and more hard work into your goal than you have into anything before. On a final note, I would remind myself to never lose sight of my passion for music, as I almost did during the beginning of this year. All that I can do is try and keep trying; I could hear a hundred people turn me down before the door might be opened, but don't lose sight of my passion.

Darby

In my short amount of time at Belmont I have learned to take and appreciate every possible learning experience available to me. Belmont University is a great place to for someone like me. I am a very ambitious student and I have always wanted to learn everything I can. Belmont gives me that possibility. As a Christian Liberal Arts School, Belmont not only provides me a safe, Christian environment in which to engage in learning but also provides me with a wide variety of subjects to study and allows me to take a wide variety of elective classes completely unrelated to my major. As a result of my learning, I have become a much more accomplished musician and Audio Tech. as well as a harder worker. I have also gained a better understanding of my faith, other people, social interaction, and the world as a whole. I am glad that I have been able to attend such an amazing school and I would not trade this experience for any other.

Not only has college given me education in a vast range of areas but has taught me about myself. College has offered me a supportive and encouraging environment where I have begun to grow into a strong and confident individual. I have come to understand what is important to me and my role in this world. College have encouraged my desire to better myself and my impact on the world. The value of college is something I will continually learn and come to understand as I continue my journey through life.

My college experience has been nothing more than a growing experience. I left my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio because I have a dream of working on the business side of the music industry. All of my best friends stayed in Ohio so I was forced to branch out and form new relationships. Even though I still miss home, I know this school is right for me. My passion for music has grown even more throughout my time here. I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet so I second guessed and doubted myself for quite a while if Belmont was right for me. I now know that I made the right decisionwith my school and my major. I know I'm positioning myself for success by coming to Belmont through their many programs throughout the music industry. Most people worry that they will change for the worse when they go to college, but I know I have been changed for the better by coming to Belmont. I am more considerate, open-minded, and independent, and these are words that I never used to describe myself with.

steven

Attending my school I have grown in many ways both inside and outside the classroom. I have been challenged academically in my classes and extracUrricular activities. I have also been able to make great connections with interesting people my own age as well as professors in my chosen field of study. For example my Biology teacher has had many discussions with me outside the classroom about her research into serotonergic and dopaminergic pathways within zebra fish. Animals who mimic our neural biochemistry. I have also been able to connect with the local community around my university. Working at a Hospital close to campus that works around my school schedule has been greatly helped me in learning medical terminology and technique. Living on campus has also been a wonderful way to get involved. Joining the rock climbing club known as "Outdoor Persuits" on campus has given me a way to connect with my fellow students outside of the classroom. The Indoor rock wall is also a great way to blow off steam after studying and has provided me with a healthy new hobby.

Amelia

By attending college I have gained a sense of identity and responsibility. College has granted me the freedom to accomplish my goals on my time, while guiding me in a direction that I am prepared for the real world. I am in pursuit of a pharmaceutical career, and so far I have managed a pharmacy technician job while maintaining an average of 15 credit hours per semester. In process of reaching my goal in pharmacy, college has helped me to achieve and succeed in appropriate classes by offering the latest educational resources and teachers who share their passion of their fields with their students. Additionally, I have found that (most) colleges offer career resources to find job openings, internships, fairs, and resume seminars, in order to advance my resume to be more competitive. I find college to be incredibly valuable because I am given the opportunity to take necessary steps to become the person I aspire to be.

Alec

In high school, I always considered myself to be a very independent person. This allowed me to make the transition from living at home to living across the country with relative ease. I wasn't prepared for how much I didn't know, nor for the culture shock of moving from liberal California to the bible belt, Tennessee. Nor was I prepared for how quickly Belmont would begin to feel like home. I consider myself a full fledged individual now, self sufficient and ready to come out from under my parents' protective scope. And I have Belmont to thank for that.

Bryan

I have only been in college for one semseter, but it has been great so far. I am confident that this is where I am supposed to be, and that I am in the right major of study. I am excited to learn new things as I continue my college adventure at Belmont.

Most high school seniors believe that the biggest part of the college experience is learning to live on their own and be a responsible adult. I agree that this is one important aspect, yet being on my own for the first time did not have the biggest impact as most predict. Attending college has made me think harder and more critically about life and everything that comes with living it. I had never once thought college would be easy and it certianly has been proven to me, on more than one frustrating occasion, in my first year and a half. I went in as a bright-eyed freshman, having the perfect scholarly plan for the next eight years or so. However, I learned that things can change when you least expect them to. I soon was changing my major and my plan, but I left plenty of room for the changes I will encounter. Nothing is set in stone and students should be prepared for all endeavors life can throw at them that can alter plans, whether they be minor or drastic. Living the college life is the best preparation for these kinds of things and is key for success.

My college experience has given me just that: experience. It has given me experience in learning, experience in balancing work, school, social life, and time for spiritual growth, experience in building relationships and in keeping (or not keeping) relationships, experience in performing, experience in serving my community, experience as a Resident Assistant, experience, experience, experience... The experience of living, living with four different room mates, with a hall full of girls, with a dorm full of boys and girls, with people from all different backgrounds which has taught me more about people than I have ever known. Living in Nashville has taught me how to take caution and take care of my friend's and my safety. Being at Belmont has taught me how to be the best student, an honorable friend, an encourager, a trustworthy Resident Assistant and employee, a spiritual, social, and emotional advisor, and most of all, a committed woman of God who seeks to discover the amazing opportunities that this world has to offer in and through every circumstance.

So far from my college experience I have experienced what I first thought I wanted to do in life, and realized that it was most likely something I would never enjoy. I took the classes I needed in my first year, tried managing a band, and realized that band management is just nothing that I'd want to deal with in life. Belmont helped me find me an internship that suited my needs for a new major, video production, and because of this internship I have figured out exactly what I want to do in life. Cinematography is my big goal in life. Sadly, Belmont isn't very well known for their Video program so this means that I'll be needing to take summer classes at other schools, and that grad school is an option. My life took a big turn for the better over this past semester, and I have Belmont University to credit it to. This school is the best thing that I've ever experienced in my life, and they have helped me realize what I want in my life.

The college experience at Belmont University has benefited be in many ways. My time here has enriched me with many valuable relationships. I have interacted with many students in various ways, whether attending campus groups, participating in group assignments, and simply striking up friendships. I have also been exposed to some of the local leaders in business and finance who teach at my school. I am sure to retain these relationships throughout much of my professional life. At Belmont University, I have also received quality instruction and a strong foundation for understanding the industry in which I hope to have a career. I have learned a great deal about business concepts and practices, and have been given a great appreciation for ethics and social responsibility in business. This education has also given me a more global perspective, which will benefit me in my personal and professional endeavors. In truth, this experience has caused my appetite for intellectual thought to grow enormously, and I am proud to have been forced to become a more well-rounded person.

Yasmine

Attending community college is one of the best decisions I have made academically. It gave me the freedom to experience more options. It was easier to figure out what I want to go into at the university level. By taking a lot of exploratory classes, I narrowed down my choices until I was able to pinpoint the field of study I was most interested in. It was also an amazing environment for me to grow academically and shape my values and opinions. I met a variety of people from different backgrounds, cultures, and ways of thinking and they all helped me become the well rounded person I am now. I am now more confident than ever that I have the willpower, strength, and tools I need to succeed at the university and eventually, graduate school.

Going to college was not just an option for me, it was my choice, my dream, and my future. When I was nearing the end of my high school career, I thought I had it all figured out. I was a serious case of senioritus and a let-me-out-of-this-small-town-itus. All I wanted to do was to spread my wings and prove to the world I can do it. After attending Belmont University for one full year, I experienced so many new situations that I would never imagine myself being faced with. I was in a dorm shared with two other girls and eight bathroom stalls shared by 90. I transferred to the Best Buy in Nashville to keep my job and I never knew how bad traffic could be. So far in my experience, I have learned to slow things down a notch and take in new challenges as new opportunities. New opportunities to network, make friends, create future business, and most of all, the opportunity to create a better me.

Patra

My college experience has taught me to persevere even when I am discouraged. It has taught me how to deal with people and professors who have different views from me in a way that doesn't compromise my beliefs, but also does not demean them. It has also allowed me to form new friends with values and interests similar to mine. It is preparing me to start my career.

Sandra

As a college student, I've learned so many things, not only academically, but also for personal growth. I've been able to make a transition since I was in High School. I thought that because I didn't really have plans to go to a 4 year university, I could just take it easy in a 2 year college. The fact that a community college is such a great help for a student with less resources, like myself, is something that I've learned to take advantage of. I've been able to grow academically with great teacher that there are in Housatonic Community College; teachers that know what they are talking about. I've been able to focus more on the business world, what employers would want from me, how I can do my best. Such things have made me look more into the real world and realize that I can really make a difference in my future work place. Right now all I have to do is take advantage of my education and do my best so that in the near future I can contribute my skills in a great workplace.

Rose

I have always believe that education is very important and people should always further their education. My experience of college has always been positive in the time I have been able to attend. My desire to help people has also help me in the course of study I wanted to go into. I have changed my study many times, but have always come back to the medical field because of the endless possibilities that you can use thru life. Medical has always been a field that will challenge you and it has all kinds of advancements no matter what age. You are never to old to go back to school and complete your dream.

Thus far throughout my college experience I have learned a lot. Not only have I learned valuable information from my classes but I have improved many skills. The largest improvement I have made is my composition skills. I have also learned a lot about managing a business. Although it is important for me to continue my education because I have a lot of skills yet to learn, in order to manage a business. My college experience has also allowed me to gain better interpersonal skills. College has exposed me to a varied of people. Interacting with those who are different from myself has helped to improve my communication skills. College has been valuable to attend because it has allowed me to grow as a person and will continue to help me grow.

From my college experience thus far, I have been able to earn credits from transfer courses that will allow me to save money when I start at my four year school in the fall. The experience has been valuable both from a financial standpoint, and a preparation standpoint. I started taking college classes when I was 16, so the two years between then and my high school graduation allowed me to experience a workload before I enrolled full-time. This prepared me for the heavier workload, and higher expectations from professors. It allowed me to achieve better grades in college because I already knew what to expect.

Angeline

Seeing as it is only my second semester of my first year, I am still in the adjusting stage. Being at Belmont has already taught me what it takes to be in the music business, which makes me strive further and want to get better.

I have gone through a lot of learning and growing experiences that honestly haven't really had anything to do with the school directly but more with hardships i've gone through on a personal level, but I would have never gone through them without the things I had been exposed to by attending this school as opposed to any other one. I love the teachers here and the quality of education and I love the music that surrounds the campus. I also value certian relationships that I have formed with people I have met at school.

Kurt

I would tell myself to be free from anxiety about the impending changes that college brings. College will be a trying time and present the challenges of independence and many important decisions, but it will also be an indispensable part of shaping who I will be in the future. The most important things to keep in my mind are to remain worry-free, listen to the advice of those that care about me, and to trust my intuition about what paths to take in the future.

Never waste an opportunity. Never under-value an experience. Never judge someone based upon a first impression, and never room with your best friend. Throw away your preconceived notions of how the world works and truly try to see it through the eyes of another. Actively engage with the people around you. Determine to make a positive difference, and then act on that determination. When you go away to college, the people around you have no idea who you are. Change that. Homesickness is born from a sense disconnection-- so connect! No matter what that first semester hits you with, do not give up. When your friends transfer home at Christmas break, press on. When your classes are harder than you expected, relish the challenge. When your wallet gets thin, invest in Ramen noodles for a dime a pack. Simplify, downsize, refocus, and realize that you don't have to be the best. Just be the best that you can be. Never forget where you came from, but do not let it decide where you are going. The true transition is not between where you were and where you are, but between who you were and who you are becoming.

If I was to go back in time and talk to myself while I was a high school senior I would recommend myself to start college right after graduation. When I was a senior I didn?t want to go straight into college. I wanted to take a year off. But going out into the real world I realized that you need a college degree to make something of yourself. I feel as though since I missed a semester it is harder for me to get back into the school lifestyle. Missing school for eight months makes learning difficult, because when I was out for that amount of time data got lost, and I can?t remember things that I have already learned. So going back to talk to myself as a senior in high school would have changed my life completely. But now I know that you learn from your mistakes, and I?m going to take what I learned and move forward into my future.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self, I would tell her that high school and college are no where near alike. The transition to college life requires so much independence. I would tell myself to not let my mother or my friends do things for me, and learn how to do them myself. College life is about learning to organize yourself and being able to get things done without someone breathing down your neck, telling you to go to class or get your homework done. These are decisions you have to make yourself. There's no one to go to the store for you, or to give you an allowance, or to cook meals for you. The level of independence that you need to make it through college is immense, and I would tell my senior self to get herself in gear and get out there and learn to make it on her own.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would make sure I understood the importance of being organized. I would learn better while in high school to manage my time well and I would make sure that I understood the importance of getting up on time and attending each and every class. I think that managing my time has been the biggest adjustment. In fact, I am still trying to improve here. As a music major, my class load is very demanding. I am constantly trying to juggle classes with practice time and study time. I also work at our campus book store and finally try to find time to sleep. While in high school I usually left assignments until the last minute; I did not tend to work ahead of deadlines. Now I must do that and I am proud to say that I do handle this better, but it has been a huge learning experience. I wish that I could go back and teach myself time management skills. My freshman year would have gone much smoother if I could do this.

There are so many steps that I would love to take differently if I could turn back the hands of time! Often times, high school students do not realize that what they do in high school permanently affects their life afterwards. I understood, but I could have worked harder! All throughout my high school career, my teachers urged me to enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) courses, take the AP tests, and receive college credits. However, I did not completely grasp the seriousness of these courses- until I arrived at college and realized that I could have had a head start on my degree requirements. I took several AP courses and the accompanying tests, but because I did not make AP my life, I did not receive any college credit? Therefore, I encourage high school seniors, as well as all other high school students, to enroll in AP courses, to take the tests, and to haul those college credits with them to college so that they can seize a head start on their degree! Take YOUR high school career very seriously, because it definitely has an effect on YOUR postsecondary career- let alone life after school. HARNESS A RELENTLESS WORK ETHIC!

Drew

I'm not trying to sound perfect and arrogant, but I honestly have adjusted to college life just fine. There isn't anything that I wish I could have done differently. I am very pleased, as are my parents in the way that I apply myself at college.

?Today?s choices shape my future?. This simple phrase is one that I really wish I had taken time to believe as a high school senior. I wish I could go back and remind myself that my choices each and every day can have a huge impact on where I am going with my life, who I want to be, and how I can use my gifts and abilities to change this world. I also wish I could go back and tell myself, ?Jenny, your world is about to get a lot bigger, and you are about to be exposed to new challenges, beliefs, and people in a way you?ve never experienced?. While I had been told this several times, I don?t think I stopped to think about the implications of this and I wish I had taken time to do so. Finally, I would want to tell myself that in the midst of one of the most changing times in my life, it is ok to just sit back and absorb. I am in college to learn, and it is ok to reevaluate my beliefs and question things, that is what college is about.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school student, I would first emphasize how important retaining information is. It is so crucial not to memorize and forget information taught in high school becuase it will be seen again. In college, professors assume that you should already know a great deal of back ground information on the course they are teaching. For example, in a calculus class, the professor is going to assume that you already know about trig functions and pre-calculus material. You are held accountable for so much. I would really stress to my high school self the importance of making each class in highschool worth something. Learning and retaining the information the first time around will make you so much more prepared for college courses.

If I could take a time machine back to the carpeted walls and wool skirts that were my private school, Life Center Academy, I would search for myself and take me to my senior locker to talk. At this time, my younger self would be worrying about which college to go to. Belmont University was her desire but it was very expensive. I would stand in front of her, wearing a Belmont t-shirt, and tell her she would be going to Belmont University. At this point, being the great actress I was in high school, the younger me would fan a hand to her eyes as tears would well up. Tears not of fear of seeing a future self, but tears of relief that she finally would know where she would be headed. I would tell her Belmont is a fantastic place. I would encourage her to always be herself and she would have friends. Journalism would be hard but with hard work comes great success. Belmont is really expensive, but loans would see her through all four years. She would never be disappointed with her choice. Doors of opportunities would open for her and she would lack nothing.

If there was a time machine available in this day of time, I would send myself back to the beginning of high school. My first goal would be to find my younger self to have a heart to heart talk. I wish I would have known many things about what the future was to bring. Those few things would have been how to go about completing assignments and learning how to read comprehensively. I would have told myself that studying was a key to success in college. In order to transition well, I would have to learn how and when to study for everything. I believe that the transtion from high school assignments to college projects is the hardest aspect. If I would have known how to study, I would have had an easier and a less stressful first semester.

Wake up! This is not just a rehearsal. This is LIFE. Embrace it. Study better, ask more questions, and don't make an impulsive decision about college. Take personality and strengths tests so you choose an educatinal and career path that fits YOUR own strengths. Then stick to it. Don't give up. Finish that degree rather than dropping out or procrastinating. Take advantage of the opportunities around you. Make you life count - starting now!