Beloit College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Beloit College

Abhishek

It's a beautiful and small college with proper values and great environment to learn , make friends , have fun. The faculty and staffs are really supportive , helpful and supportive. It's situated in small city of Beloit, if you like the place with less crowd and awesome environment, then Beloit College is a good choice.

Taryn

I have really enjoyed my time here at Beloit. I think that this is a campus and community that is great for people who have a lot of different interests and want to pursue them all. The campus is beautiful, the professors really care about your success and there are over 100 clubs and organizations to be involved in. I think that we are a very active and passionate group of people, and being a part of such a close knit community has made my college experience unforgettable and amazing.

madeleine

Beloit is a great school academically. the professors are interested in their subject and in their students learning. The classes are small and offer a lot of one on one. the housing is sub par and the food is disappointing. the students are very intelligent and constantly having thought provoking conversations.

Jonathan

I have never seen such an important college until I met Beloit. Understanding diversity, they have an equity over equality policy so EVERY student is treated as equal. Plus the professors are incomparable to any other school. I would absolutely recommend this college.

Sachy

It has a beautiful campus and some great teachers, but I wouldn't say I love Beloit College they have many good resources on campus but some of the students and faculty can be rude at times and don't really care who you are even though this is supposed to be a very inclusive community.

karen

I went as a visitor after being accepted to Beloit College. I was able to meet and greet the professors, students and administration. The campus gives you that hometown feel. The professors are accessible with office hours for meeting if there is a need. Each teacher has a TA which can be used for questions to answer if there is a need. Also there are tudors if needed. The campus feels safe with blue boxes within view so you can activate if needed. The campus police patrols to provide security. The dorms are clean with cafeteria within walking distance outside the dorm rooms. The size of classrooms are more intimate so professors can give a sense of individuality

Morgan

I think it is a wonderful college and would absolutely decide to go here again. While there are some flaws, every school you visit will have some. Beloit does its best to make students comfortable and happy while getting the best education they can.

Clair

It takes a special person to attend Beloit. The Admissions Office spends a lot of money on impressing prospective students to come here, but the housing, food, and other on-campus facilities are not the greatest. I currently live in a lounge converted to a dorm room that is separated from the hallway while a single layer of plywood that isn't even painted. The dining has very few vegetarian options and is often eh in quality. Offices are open odd times for short hours, usually during classes. I have gotten from my dorm on one side of campus to my work on the other in five minutes. Some people like this, some people don't. You will know everyone on campus and everyone will know you. Also, alcohol and drugs are very common. You can avoid them though if that isn't your scene. The people on campus are intelligent and the faculty know their stuff. The financial aid is amazing and many students I have talked to came because of this.Overall, this school isn't terrible or great, you get out what you put in.

Daniela

Beloit College is what one might expect when thinking about small liberal arts colleges. Although it's unique with a beautiful campus, a large percentage of student activists, and an eco-friendly atmosphere. If you want to grow as a socially aware individual, Beloit is the place for you. You will have a large range of classes to choose from, with passionate professors who are all willing to work with you for your academic growth.

Emma

I wish I looked around more and did more research before applying. With the financial issues and subpar environment I might be regretting my choice.

Matt

Probably won’t transfer out, but would not recommend.

Robert

I transfered here for my junior year and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. The academic environment was wonderful and the professors were some of the best I’ve ever known. This school isn’t going to be for everyone, but there is a good tight-knit community and plenty of opportunities to get involved in whatever you want. The food options could be better for sure though.

Austin

Beloit College is a small liberal arts college nestled in the quiet town of Beloit, Wisconsin. From an outside perspective it doesn’t look like much and you probably haven’t even heard of it, but as we are taught in school is that it’s what’s on the inside that counts. To be found inside Beloit is one of the most diverse student populations you will ever find with more people from California or Washington than Wisconsin and 15% of the student body being international. This diverse student body allows students to experience cultures from different states as well as around the world and gain a more comprehensive knowledge of the people around us. Diversity isn’t the only card Beloit has to play. This is a college that really cares about YOU. Since early November I have been in contact with the head football coach and he has helped me explore all options including the non-Beloit ones. When I went to an open house, the financial aide lady said she would send me tons of non-Beloit scholarships even if I decided not to choose Beloit. When I sat in on a political science class, the professor made sure I was comfortable and once he realized that I was, he threw me into open class discussion. I have been accepted to Michigan State and DePaul University, but this tiny school is the one for me. It is a tight knit community with a world of opportunity available for the taking.