Bemidji, MN
Bemidji State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bemidji State University

Callie

Going back to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to not do anything different. I went through a lot of struggles my first year of college. I struggled to balance my personal life and my school life. I struggled to hold onto my identity and struggled with the inevitable changes happening in my life. But sitting here now, after I've done a lot of growing up and changing, I've realized how much I have learned from it all. And because of where I am today - and how wonderful things have been going and how great I feel - I wouldn't change a thing about the past and those struggles. So, I'd tell myself: Go to Bemidji State University. Take each day one at a time, try your absolute best, keep your head up and remember to smile. No matter how hard things get, I can promise you, they'll turn out exactly how they are supposed to and they will turn out great. Every mistake made is just a learning experience to be used in the future. So don't regret anything - just learn from it. In the mean time, be thankful for each day.

My favorite part about Bemidji State is the atmosphere. It's small and close-knit. That's exactly the kind of town that I grew up in my whole life. I like meeting and knowing a lot of people and a lot of different types of people. I really like that the campus buildings - housing & education - are all within one area. They aren't spread out over miles with the town pushed in between. It makes it easier to be at school and away from everything else so one can focus on education and on the side, having some fun.

Bemidji State University is an excellent place for those who enjoy the small-town atmosphere. It's a small school located in a small town and is very close-knit. That's one thing about it that drew me in. It has an excellent and well-known teaching program - so those interested in being education majors should look into BSU. It's known for other programs as well, such as business and visual arts. Students that enjoy the outdoors and outdoor activities would find themselves very much at home while attending BSU. It's a beautiful campus on a lake.

Our school is focused on providing students with a learning environment surrounded by natue.

Bemidji State University is best known for its men's hockey team. Last year they made it all the way to the Frozen Four, so there is a lot of community pride in the town and especially on campus.

As a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry so much. Life has its way of working out. You will meet great people and form a good life for yourself. Everything will work out here. People are nice, but don't trust everyone. Trust your instincts. Study hard and have fun! Make memories that will last a lifetime!

Brandi

If I could go back to high school and give myself some advice from what I know now, I would definitely tell myself to look further into the colleges you are choosing. I personally just chose the school I go to without much knowledge on th school and no I know that I don't really want to go here because they don't offer what I would like to do. I would also tell myself to look into the major and decide on what I would like to do as soon as possible and not just go to school not knowing much about what I would like to do. I have learned now that I would like to do something else than what I went to college for in the beginning and now I am transferring, therefore that is the advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior.

Chelsey

don't take anything for granted. especially time with your family. In college, expect to be pushed to your limited and to work hard. But remember, it is worth it ! Dont forget to take time for yourself, but use it only in moderation. dont get caught up in all the hype, you are here to do great things. have fun, work hard, and enjoy every minute of it!

someone who is looking to work hard and be pushes academically by the professors, but also to have fun and take some wonderful experiences with you

how great and helpful the teachers are. Everyone there wants to see you succeed

Laura

Dear Laura, May 2009 Hey stranger! You have worked so hard thes...

Dear Laura, May 2009 Hey stranger! You have worked so hard these last four years and that hard work has definitly paid off! You are going to Bemidji State University this fall and I know you're not sure yet if you've made the right decision. The only advice I can give you at this point is: indecision should not rule your life! Weigh the pros and cons, think about your options, and then stick to your choice! Too much time has gone by pushing things aside to think about later. Seize the opportunity while you have it, otherwise it will disappear and who can say if you'll get it back? Sure you'll make mistakes, but thats all part of this wacky ride that is the college experience. JUST DO IT! GO FOR IT! Sometimes crappy advertising does give good advice :). And your major? You still have no idea? Thats totally fine, believe me you'll figure it out. And then its smooth sailing from there! One last thing, friends will come and go, but remember your family will always be there for you. Well bye younger me! Laura

Students who love the outdoors and easily make new friends should definitly come to BSU. The main attraction of the campus is the beautiful Lake Bemidji. There is fishing, canoing, ice fishing, boating and other activities that go on year round. Students who are attracted to the big city life, should not consider Bemidji. Even though we are located in the city of Bemidji, the campus has a very rural feel.

I always tell my friends about the great people I go to school with. Because we have such a close knit campus community there is a chance for everybody to get to know each other, which is a great feeling.

Gina

What is unique about BSU is that they are very outdoors orentated and that is something that I looked for in a college. Also another then about BSU is the price. If you are looking for a great 4 year university then BSU is for sure one that you should consider to look into. It has a number of areas that you can major in with the option of minoring in a number of things.

The advise I would give myself would be to get as much college credit done and over with in high school as I can. Not having to pay for those classes in College would be a huge help and also easy on your pocket book. Also to not be afaid to talk with the teachers, they are there to help you and and are not that scary. Another thing that I would say to myself is to be more active in High school. Get out there and be more involved in your school activites. Attend football, baseball, basketball games and cheer for your team and show school spirit. But the most important thing I would have to tell myself and those attend college soon would be to know who they are and stick up for what they believe in. In college, wether it is with new made friends or in your classes, you will be pushed to the limit about what you belive in and you need to have a back bone and facts that help you out where you stand. Know who is going to be there for you and trust no one but yourself.

One thing that I wish I would have known before I came to BSU is to get as many college classes over in High School as you can. not having to pay for them in college is a big plus and also it will help out with the number of years you have to attend college and the price you have to pay.

Cecilia

Kansas State University has the most welcoming environment imaginable. It's home to many top rated programs and schools with the friendlinesses that a smaller city has to offer.

Just because you got straight A's in high school with almost no effort does not mean you can or should do the same in college--You Will Get B's! Don't freak out if you get a C, it's not the end of the world. Don't take a heavy load your first semester. Leave room for fun and being young. Don't rush love.

Kansas State University is a very Christian school with numerous Christian clubs. If you are not Christian you feel out of place. With Christianity often comes close-mindedness, which is also very frustrating to deal with.

Work harder than you think you need to work, and everything will go better for you. Take a time out once and a while, but don't procrastinate too much. Be friendly to everyone you meet, and don't think for a minute you can't do it. Get involved in leadership positions as soon as you can, but don't let them supercede your studies. Trust your parents, and trust yourself, these are your years, use them well.

Wasted building spaces, Memorial and Deputy Halls. Inflexible and expensive meal plans, and student's that are ill prepared for college academia.

Austin

Definatly take some time off before starting college, especially if you are feeling burned out on the whole education front. Be in the right state of mind when you start college, you need to feel like you want to learn and enter the real world with a career in mind. You can really make or break your future in college so spend some time thinking it over before you jump in.

Very isolated from any major population center. Most internships require you to travel more than 2 hours away.

Located in a very small city, not a whole lot to do outside of school.

The most unique thing about Bemidji State is definitely its location. There are plenty of schools located on a lake, but Bemidji has plenty more to offer than many others. Not only do we have our wonderful lake, but the northern Minnessota atmosphere holds plenty for any person who loves the outdoors. Whether a person enjoys hiking, skiing, snowboarding, fishing, hunting, the Bemidji area has it all. I've seen the area taken full advantage of, what with the high percentage of campus hunters I see heading out almost every weekend.

Dear Samantha, I know you're really distressed about leaving high school, but I just want to let you know that it'll all turn out great. You're scared that you'll miss out on friends. You're afraid that you'll become homesick and not enjoy the college lifestyle. And, you're also worried you won't be able to succesfully share a room with another girl! But trust me with this one; it doesn't matter that you're the only one from your school going to Bemidji. You're going to love it there! Bemidji is simply beautiful, in the area, the lake, and within the people. You're going to make a lot of friends and recognize tons of faces all across campus! You're going to collect hundreds of unforgettable memories with your roommate and classmates in just this first year. College is going to be so much fun! Just remember to work hard, and never forget your greatest dream. Of course you'll miss home, but you'll realize how much you love Bemidji when you find yourself excited to go back next year. Love, Your Future Self

The worst thing about Bemidji State is simply the apathy that is present in a decent portion of its students. Many people leave during the weekends instead of staying and taking part in activities. Many students don't apply themselves to their fullest simply because they don't care or they don't wish to work any harder. I find that personally frustrating when I am someone who cares about their performance and achievements deeply. I wish more people here cared like I do.

Bemidji State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.