Bemidji State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bemidji State University

Anna

A beautiful campus right by a lake and forest, good for students who enjoy recreation. The housing is alright, not fancy but has everything a person needs, The prices are good for a university, affordable for most. There is a wide variety of clubs and organization for students to join. Party life is not too crazy, but you do hear about things going around.

Alex

Bemidji State University's tuition was a big reason for my decision. The campus is beautiful and the city continues to grow everyday. I came here expecting college to be a glorious stage of life and I receive exactly that. After the first few weeks I realized that this was the best place for me to be! The sports here are very amazing and the fan base is very passionate! I have no regrets!

Paige

Bemidji State University is a small feeling school with people who loves outdoors and sports outside of athletics. The professors and facility members are extremely welcoming and are there whenever you need something. The class sizes are extremely huge and that's where your small school feel comes into play. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for somewhere to go.

Sara

Bemidji state is a very welcoming environment from students and staff. The community is very close and there is always activities to do on campus. I love how the campus has a lake view that most colleges do not. Over all Bemidji is best decision I made because of the positive atmosphere and people here. The food on the Walnut Hall is not to die for at all and Lakeskde cafeteria is fairly decent. The best and over all positive thing about Bemidji is that everyone helps everyone and no one is left out.

Miranda

It's in a great location and is great for the outdoors type of person. I do wish that some of the professors would be better at explaining things. I wish that there would be a little bit more healthy options around campus to eat. Overall Bemidji State is a great college

Joyce

Terrible School. The professors and administration do not care about the students. Required classes are offered infrequently so scheduling is difficult. Impossible to get courses when you need them. No professor accessiblity outside of class hours. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COLLEGE TO ANYONE.

Annie

I'm a PSEO student, so I'm technically a high schooler but I live on campus. BSU has given me a huge opportunity that I'm so thankful for. I love this school. It gave me a chance to prove that I, a high schooler, can still succeed in college. It's an amazing school.

George

I believe that so far Bemidji State University is a great place to go to college. You can make new memories as to attend here and discover much more things you have never even thought you would too. I think that everything here is probably okay, its not the best or the worst but just alright. If I were to recommend this place I would probably recommend it, it would be your best decision ever!

Vanessa

Coming from a big city with huge diversity to a small town with no diversity besides 2 big groups, It’s tuff. I wish there was more diversity. Sometimes I feel like I don’t belong or have anyone of my culture to interact with. With my major there also isn’t an advisor to go to if I have any questions so I am basically on my own here which sucks but I’m hanging in there.

Talia

Bemidji State is a place that you can go to class then hit the lake for some fun afterwards. One of the best places to study in Dimond Point Park were you can put up a hammock and watch the boats pass by. Bemidji State tries to encourage their students to take part in the beautiful scenery and combine it with classes. There are multiple class that will take classes out on the pontoon to learn about our environment and how to take care of it. Even during the winter months Bemidji is beautiful and if you're afraid of the cold they have a tunnel system for you. You can then take in Bemidji wintery landscapes for the comfort of the buildings. No matter what season it is Bemidji is a beautiful campus with wonderful learning system. Bemidji has wonderful majors to pick from. Education, Criminal Justice, Nursing, Environmental Studies and many more. Many of our teachers are very passionate about their jobs and the courses they teach.

My overall opinion of Bemidji State university is that it is a great school for students who love the outdoors. The school has great facilities for students looking into the education field and has many other opportunities for those looking for other careers. They love to support sports and arts and are well rounded school for involvement. If I were to praise anything it would be the music program. The professors don't just want music students but also other majors to join in on anything that involves music, so even if you are a nursing or science major you can be in the choir or opera production it does not matter who you are. The campus has unique clubs to be apart of and has many opportunities to try stuff you may not get to try.

Amber

It is a great campus with lots to offer. It encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities to help further themselves in their careers. The professors are very willing to help their students and the stores on campus were friendly as well and willing to help out students.

Sydney

It was never a question for me to go to college anywhere else besides Bemidji State. I love Minnesota's north land and Bemidji resides right in the center of it. There was simply no where else for me to go. Sure, the winters are painfully frigid and the dorms could be nicer and food on campus is mediocre most days. But the people are friendly and the professors are helpful. Campus is small enough for me to see a lot of familiar faces on the daily, yet big enough for me to see many fresh faces too. Campus sits right next to Lake Bemidji, providing beautiful scenery, especially in the colorful fall months. You can't beat sitting on the lake shore to relax at the end of a busy school day. All in all, I am happy being here at Bemidji State.

Magdaline

This is a great place for outdoorsy people to be. The campus is beautiful and a good size. All classroom buildings are connected by tunnels. Class sizes are pretty small, around 15-30 students with the exception of a few lecture classes. Overall I enjoyed my time there.

I like that it is a fairly small campus compared to other state schools (about 6,500). It is also right on Lake Bemidji which is super beautiful in the spring and summer. However, it is a big party school and you will find that there is not much to do in Bemidji unless you are an outdoors person (bowling and movie theater). If you are an outdoors person then it would probably be a place you enjoy (fishing, hunting, kayaking, ice-fishing). Also, a big hockey proud school.

I love it here at BSU. The people are friendly and the campus is beautiful. The lakeside food court is always bustling and there are always people smiling all over. I couldn't imagine attending anywhere else. Another plus is that the hockey team is great and season tickets are extremely affordable. Go Beavs!

Cody

It's a fairly nice school with a great view of Lake Bemidji and lots of friendly people on campus, the food here is ok, got sick from it once and it's not next to many well known places, you have to drive quite a ways to go to certain stores. Overall I like Bemidji state university

Bradley

Bemidji State University is focused on helping students achieve their dreams. Academically, professors and teachers are always ready to answer any question a student will ask. They provide regular office hours, as well as their email for the student's convenience. Students also have easy access to the library, recreational center, and tutors. Lakeside, the campus food court, offers a wide range of ethnically diverse meals. The lake provides many recreational opportunities for students on the lake including fishing, ice fishing, swimming, kayaking, and more. It is even used for academic purposes such as freshman biology lab practices. Overall, my opinion of Bemidji State University is a great one. I have had quality experiences that bring me hope for the future.

Leia

I love Bemidji State. It's a great campus on the lake with beautiful views. If you enjoy the outdoors then this is a great choice for a school. I also love my professional education professors and how easily accessible they are. I lived in the dorms my freshman year and that was key for me to make friends and meet new people. My resident advisers were very easy to talk to and really cared how we were doing as freshman. They encouraged us to participate in extra curricular activities on and off campus. Bemidji also has a great hockey team if you are interested in hockey. I think my favorite thing about being part of the Bemidji State community is how close and supportive our community on and off campus is. Bemidji State is not a huge campus which is nice because then it's easier to contact professors and have smaller class sizes which for me, benefits my learning.

Danica

I love it here. I have met a lot of nice people, class sizes are medium, so they aren't big, but not little either. One thing I don't like is that it is 4 hours away from my hometown. There are tunnels on campus so you don't have to go outside in the winter, except for what we call the 50 yard dash, which is a little area where from one dorm to another the tunnels don't connect

I LOVE the school so much. I love the small campus and all of the people at the university are so so nice. Everyone is welcoming and wanting to help you succeed in your career and your academic achievements. I can't wait to see what other opportunities they have in store for me!

Hailey

I think Bemidji State is a great school overall. It offers many outdoor activities and is cautious about the environment. Professors are available in and outside office hours and they focus on being a student and having a life outside of school. Bemidji State was the best decision ever for me!

Evan

When I visited Bemidji State University instantly I felt like I was going to fit in. It was the only school that I visited and felt that way. The feeling that everyone is created equal is the feeling I received immediately. That is very important when you are planning on spending the next 4 years there.

McKenzie

I love Bemidji State University. The faculty truly are there to help and are always available. They are happy to help and do so in a way that fits each students needs. There is a variety of majors to fit anyones goals. The students are very helpful as well. I have not met one student that was not willing to answer a question I have.

Jeremiah

I love it here, not only the facilities are great, but the surrounding natural area promotes an environment for mental health. At any college, there is only so much that academic facilities can do, but a college is a place of experimentation. This is a place where young adults find themselves, and this process can be long, hard, and painful in some cases. Mentally this takes a strain, and grades suffer, life gets in the way all the time. The ability for students to be supported on their campus by their university is crucial. Bemidji has a strong mental health awareness presence and is plenty supportive of anyone that seeks aid. Students help each other in classes, and in life making this campus one of the most supportive I have seen. I love this college and would recommend it for any student that is interested in exploring their future!

Mika

I can honestly say, this is the best experience I've had with a school in a while. I am a returning student and have attended 2 colleges previously. From application to classroom, this schools staff and faculty were much easier to communicate with and much more accessable.

Marley

Bemidji State is a wonderful university. It is a smaller campus, so it has the feel of a private university. Because of this, class sizes are smaller and gives students the opportunity to really get to know their professors. The campus has a really big focus on student involvement, and with so many clubs and organizations, this is an easy task. Plus to top it all off, the campus sits right on Lake Bemidji, and that in itself is pretty hard to beat.