Benedict College Top Questions

Johnica

Benedict College is very diversity and good university . The professors really care about thier student's education and they want you be success in life. Our athletic department is great, the basket ball team won five championships. We have a great science and education program. I am in the science program. We have bus that take you place that you need to go. As a school we have block partys and celebrate founder's day. Benedict was a teacher's school. You should come and visit and see how great it is.

Rasheen

Its an HBCU and the population is not so big so classroom size is small.

Ugochukwu

My schools has teachers with ethnic backgrounds from all over the world and our freshman are guided through their first year by our Freshman Institute. The Freshman Institute has about 25 staff members and some upperclassmen that are completely dedicated to the freshman coming in. They help set up classes and tutors for freshman. We have new facilities being built like the new cafeteria that will add a variety of other meals. It is a private, baptist-affiliated college, so you don't have to worry about church because it is right on campus.

One thing that is unique about my school is the amount of diversity among the students that attend the school

Rashad

Longer distance from home.

Teonia

Their grading scale is unique. It's unique because 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of ones grade is attendance and 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} is your knowledge, starting off as a freshman. Once you are an upper classmen then 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} is your attendance and 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} is your grade.

Dayjon

A unique note about my school is the involvment the staff has with thier freshman. The program is called the Freshman Institute and it is meant to guide the incoming freshman through their first year as students. Since I am apart of this program, I believe it is something Benedict College should keep because it is very helpful.

WE have the number one rated collegiate gospel choir in the nation for over a decade!

This school will try and help you out with anything that you need. They want to see you graduate and to get a career in life.

Compared to other schools I considered, I found Benedict unique because it's an HBCU. My expericence thus far as been lovely surrounding it's enviroment. I personally persue most opputunities offered on campus and would be love to soon become a proud alumni of Benedict College.

May

It is a very nuturing environment.

darren

benedict college offers not only a place where i can feel like evrybody else but also offers diversity among the area around me with other colleges being close

Angelo

It has paved the way for many of its students. It has an open enrollment policy that allows students the chance to succeed in life.

Nyera

Benedict Coolege is very unique from other schools in that in that it has a very generous open door policy, letting in students who otherwise would have never made it to college. Benedict's grading policy is also very unique; sixty percent of one's grade goes toward the effort you make in class and the last fourty percent incoporates what you know, it then switching when you start taking 200 level classes. This really helps out the students who stuggle with the workloads given, but are studious in their attendance and participation in class activities.

Jeneece

It gives me a chance to be away from home and explore the outside world. Benedict has flexiable scheduling that allows students to become involved in extra-curricular activities without interfering with there school work.

Jamal

My school is unique compared to other schools in its scholarship program. Benedict College offers more scholarship programs than any other school in the nation. They have dozens within the school, and they are incorporated with the United Negro College Fund organization. They also accept loans outside of those programs, and allow students to recieve reunds from the outside scholarships. endict Colleg also offers a forgiveness program; meaing that if a student is placed on academic probation and they do not improve, they are given one more chance the next semester.

Benedict is unique to me because this college in particular give everybody a chance to succeed as long as you apply yourself as an young adult. I know this from personal experience because I didnt have the best ACT score or G.P.A. so for this college to accept me and give me the whole college life experience let me that this college was unique.

Dorian

The evironment is homely. The programs that I am into are top in the nation.

LASHONDA

THEY HAVE AN OPEN -ADMISSION POLICY!

Jarad

Small student to teacher ratio, that actually is true

tawanna

The most unique thing about Benedict College is its diversity. At Benedict you are allowed to be whoever you choose, with out being judged. The students here encourage the differences rather than discourage them.

Bidisii

The one thing that is unique about my school compared to other schools is our rallys when we want something done we make sure that we all come together and speak our opinion upon aan issue and fight till its achieve. One of our greastest rallys was telling ang informing other students to go out and vote. We have so much students these day that don't go out and vote. We wanted to stop that and make a stand to fight that issue and we did on the 2008 election. Majority of the Benedict College students voted.

Benedict College is like a big family. Its a very small school but alot of the people are very helpful and wants to see u succeed. As well as the students are eager to help you in a time of need. Also the spiritual aspect of the school. As well as how many of the students are religious and like doing things that relate to religion.