Benedictine University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Benedictine University

Jillian

I attended the branch off of BenU at the Mesa campus in Arizona. Because we have such a small community, it is very easy to build a good relationship with the staff and professors who represent Benedictine. Overall, my experience has been great with many Professors whom I can say want to see me succeed.

John

October 28, 2015 Benedictine University implies its mission upon religious beliefs and is one of the reasons that I choose the college as my choice to pursue my MPH. However, after working with the admission and financial aid departments I discovered that those departments are based upon a more demonic assertion rather than a religious belief. Indeed, if the admission and financial aid departments are demons than the classes must be taught by no other thing but Satan. Therefore, I would not attend Benedictine University because it has not affiliated itself with any religious intent and has asserted unwanted hate and confusion within a religious organization. John

Mariam

I love it. It's a small, close-knit community, where you have so much to do. Benedictine University is like a big family. Professors are mostly available, we have decently small class sizes, and people here care for one another. Looking back, I wouldn't have chosen another place to go for college.

Justine

Small school, easy to get around... The choice of classes is a bit limiting. There is not much around the campus to walk to and the food is sub-par.

Sophia

Benedictine University is located in a small town in the Chicago suburbs. Most of the students’ commute, but there are a lot of people who live on campus that come from the city. The diversity here is incredible. People come from all sorts of different ethnicities and backgrounds. Lots of students also partake in sports and/or clubs of all kinds. When I first committed to Benedictine, I was very nervous about the fact that it is a private, Catholic university, but I shouldn’t have worried. Everyone is very friendly, and welcoming. Yes, the school is attached to a church, but you are never forced to go to a service, and the faculty are very understanding of those who are a part of other religions and need to have accommodations for their church services. The campus itself is beautiful, with our own little lake and a central space between most of the buildings where a lot of people like to go and sit in the grass and enjoy the warm days, or build snowmen in the winter. Since we are a smaller school, there isn’t a ton to do on campus, but downtown Naperville is just a few minutes away with shops and the Riverwalk on the DuPage river that is fun to go after class or on the weekends for an outing. On campus they have ping pong tables, pool tables, arcade games, bikes, and they are building a sand volley ball pit next to the gym and sports fields, amongst other things. We have been advocating for more to do on campus, since the few of us that do live here don’t have much to do on the weekends, especially if you don’t have a car. The food is edible, but most people go to the on-campus restaurant than the actual cafeteria. Overall the campus is beautiful, and everyone is very friendly. It's a cute university tucked into a normal town, and I'm very happy with my decision to go to Benedictine.

Carly

Good academics, accessible professors, and nice class sizes. The campus is a little too small and parking can be hard for commuters. The on-campus housing is pretty average compared to other colleges. Overall, I feel like my professors care about my success and I enjoy the supportive environment.

Ryan

It was so refreshing to visit Benedictine University of Mesa! I felt right at home and can envision myself attending in the Fall. I met professors, coaches and students who were energetic and happy to be at the University. Everyone I met was very nice and had nothing but the best things to say about Benedictine. I think its a really good fit for me.

Mariam

It’s really good. The school is diverse and amaizng the professors look out for the students and are really there to teach. However some teachers should be better about the grading. I had a class where a professor never graded up until the end of the semster

Kayleigh

I love Benedictine University. I actually miss it when I go home. It's a great place to be and it honestly feels like a second home. It is a very safe campus and is in a very safe neighborhood. There is so much to do on and off campus either during the week or on the weekends. I haven't met one unfriendly person either. It really is a safe place to be and it will make you feel at home. The campus is small enough that you can walk everywhere. The sports facilities are amazing and men's basketball is a huge part of the school.

Lynn

Benedictine University is a good school. It is small so everyone knows everyone, usually. Everyone has something to do. This university is huge on education and the people that come here are serious about their studies. I love this campus it is a nice environment.

Garrett

Benedictine University is a good university to go to. I chose to go to this because it is really close by. From my accounting classes, the professors and classes are great. However, because this school has a lot of commuters, I believe there should be more seating for the students here. There can be more seats in the Goodwin building.

This school was definitely not the Right Choice than me. Financially , it's a very practical school, but I don't think the level of academics here suits me. Between two mandatory lab sessions I'm basically taking twenty credit hours and I still have way too much free time on my hands, which really sucks when you don't have a car and you're out in the 'burbs, 300 miles from home. : //

Alejandra

Benedictine is a very underrated university. This place is so safe and the classes a perfectly small so students can have more one on one time with professors. At first i wasn't sure about Ben U but after attending for a semester and a half i realized that is this the most friendly place to study and very diverse.

Justin

I believe The University is a a great Diverse Place for students to go get a great education and be active in a Great College atmosphere because the students and Administers are there for you to help and guide and have no problem with it because every one is there for your best interests because at the end of the day They want to see be Sucessful just as much as you want to be successful.

Jonathan

I really like Benedictine University. Their campus looks really nice and is very clean and spaced out. I got a chance to see the dorms and I love the living situation. They have free laundry, which really stuck out to me. The classrooms are really clean and so is the campus. Benedictine is a very well taken care of University.

Brianna

I feel like the school is very nice it doesn't seem too strict at all small campus

Kimberly

Very small. Seems like a great school.

Richard

Great school! Would recommend. Wouldn't mind visiting the beautiful campus again in the future and maybe attend someday. I really liked the fields and displays the school had to offer. It was extremely creative and I love the fact that these things are in the school.