Bennett College Top Questions

Paige

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to enjoy school but take school seriously. School is a time of fun, excitement and great memories, but a time to reflect and produce academic success and to be a woman of the future. I would tell myself to find what you love and do your research. Also, get involved in college to make your experience richer. Getting involved makes you an active student which could open up career opportunities, scholarship opportunities, networking to allow you major experience opportunities and more. And lastly, enjoy school and make the best of it. After college, the real world hits and the experiences you get these years will never be the same in the real world. Take advantage of being a student with their foot halfway out the door and not a full grown adult just yet.

Alezaihvia

if i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what i know about college life and making the transition i would give myself advice on studying more and taking college classes to give me a more of an advantage in college.

Taiwana

I would tell myself not to g so farfrom home. North Carolina is amazing and so are the people at Bennett College, as well as the North Carolinians. You create so many bonds with people from almost everywhere. It's just being away from your loved ones will make you home sick. It's not a good feeling, you get depressed, you feel alone, and out of your element. You will have met friends, but they go home every weekend. Their houses are a drive or a train ride away. Their family can come visit them for family and friends weekend but you will be alone because your family cannot come. You are a bright girl, you can go anywhere. Think twice about where you really want to go, because at the end of the day you might change your mind.

Atia

What ever you do remain focus think back to your goals that you had when you where a freshman and remember those same thoughts and ideas.

Amber

When youre in high school and you hear about college, the only thing that registers in your mind is independence, adulthood, and parties. If I was a high school senior again, I would tell myself not to make so may assumptions, not to hear things and run with it. Independence comes with a price and as a senior in high school, who thinks about that? "Work hard, play harder", words to live by. I would advise my self to put my work first, once you fall behind its hard to play catch up. When youre ahead of the game you have plenty of time to play. In high school youre teachers are lenient, and when things dont go your way, you have your parents to come to your rescue. If I was a high school senior again, I would advise myself to learn how ro fight my own battles. Once you begin college your parents can no longer be your spokesperson. Being able to handle your own problems comes with adulthood. If I was a high school senior again, I would tell myself not to rush growing up because growing up comes with resonsibilty.

niedra

If I could go back to high school and tell myself about college I would say apply for more scholarships. Also to understand that everything happens for a reason to make you stronger, and put you on the right path in life, and to never say never. Making the transition to college from high school is only hard depending on the things going on around you, and to stay positive and optimistic as usual.

Doreen

When you are uncertain, imagine where you want to be in 10 years and make your decisions based on that dream. There will be many new and exciting opportunities in college. You will be pulled in many directions, socially, emotionally, educationally, financially. Keep coming back to your dream. It will keep you centered, keep you on course and give you the strength to go on. When I went to college I worried I might forget somthing on a test, but I didn't expect that I could forget my dream. It is easy to do when you get caught up in the moment. The future is just that, the future and it can seem so distant. But when life gets hard, focus on your purpose. Ask yourself: Why am I going to school? What is my dream? What can I do today that will make my dream a reality? Keep the answers to these questions in the back of your mind at all times, a running script that you can access during hard times. 10 years might seem like a long time in the future but remember you are building your future with every step you take today.

Janae

Having the opportunity to go back to a stressed, nervous, and stylish seventeen year old senior in high school, I would tell myself a lot of things. I suppose I would need to think about it for a mintue, I wouldn't know where to start. The first piece of advice I would offer myself to do is breathe. Even though my senior year was a stressful and significant time in my life, I should have still taken time for myself to get my thoughts together. The second thing I would tell myself is to keep in mind the support system I had. In college I felt all alone and it brought my spirits down. I would tell myself to never hesitate to reach back to those same people who helped me to get to that point. The third thing I would tell myself is to be sure to apply to as many scholarships as possible. Financial stresses are the worst. Never pass up any opportunity to receive free money. The very last thing I would tell myself is to be sure in who you are, to not let anyone make me doubt myself.

Kayla

If I went back in time and i knew what i knew about college now i would give myself so many new advices.

shachiciquita

Never give up. Follow your dream and your dream will become a reality. If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a senior in high school I would tell myself to never give up and have faith in God because he will never fail you. Knowing what I know about college now college isn't for everyone so just because your parents want you to go doesn't mean you have to go. I decided to go to college because my parents didn't go. College is a time management process. College isn't about just getting away from your parents it's about learning to become independent and getting closier to God. Another tip I will tell myself is learn who your friends are because everyone that seem like a friend isn't one. College is a journey you will go through your ups and downs but it will be worth it. Make sure to have that one on one connection with teachers and enjoy your college life because it will go by fast.

Charnica

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stand out from the crowd and be an over achiever. There is nothing wrong with being and or doing just a little bit more to get to where you want to be. Make it right and make it perfect. Good grades and scholarships are very important and very critical when applying to college. Your school days are some of the best days of your life. Enjoy them and do well.

Angel

If I had the opportunity to speak to my high school self I would tell her to focus. In high school I was an underachiever. I had great potential, which is eveident by my performance in college, but I did not apply myself the way I should have. I would tell myself that scholarships/grants are not going to come to you, you have to go after them. I would tell myself to work harder to be marketable. I would encourage myself to earn better grades and become more active in order to be a more well rounded individual. All in all my greatest message to myself would be to give my best and nothing less because my future self is counting on it!

Really take into consideration your grades instead of just doing the bare minimum to pass and get out. Go ahead and take a chance and apply for other colleges other than roane state and see how far you can get. Good ahead and move out and live with your real mom so you can start being allowed to make your own decsions and grow up a little more than you are now.

Keyanna

My favorite line to announce to my friends is if I could go back to the 9th grade I would. If I was presented with the opporunity to converse with a younger me; I would inform myself about the most important factors about college, and that would be time mangement and determination. The things I worried about in high school were not things that matter in my life as of today. I would encourage my younger self to understand that an education will take you so far. Your education will speak for itself in the matter of time. So, making excellent grades and becoming active around your school are the things that will get you far in life. Many kids in my generation can not accept contructive critisim so, I will remind myself to stay humble and keep God in every equation.

DaShauna

The advice i would give is to always believe in myself, to strive better than just the average, never give up, and to always surround myself with postive individuals. I would always stay true to myself and what i believe in, and to always focus on what i want out of life, and to creative some sort of plan that will help me in the near future .

asheley

My advice to myself would be to come in with confidence and to not be discouraged. Do the unthinkable going out for activities around campus and to focus on your school work 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. If things seem to be hard or become hard don't be afraid to speak up and recieve help; talk to your professors about your strenghts and weaknesses while also reaching out to get tutuored and etc. Stay positive, try your hardest, and don't settle for mediocre grades.

Chantel

Going into college is a huge transition from high school. Some things you need to do is make sure you know the school your going to attend. Make sure you do your background on the school of your choice. Also get your transcripts together along with your grades. As you enter the college life, go in with a positive attitude towards your work. In college teachers will help you but as long a you go to them for it. There is tutoring sections but they are not mandatory. Not all college are the same but they all have the same purpose which is to get an degree. College is the beginning of the rest of your life. The transition is different but it is worth it every piece of it.

Indya

I would tell myself that I am going to learn as much as I can from Charles F. Brush High School. Also, I would say that I want to become as much as I can. Then, I would say that I am going to develop a time-management plan, and adhere to it. There will be less time for partying. Additionally, learning about the college and it's mission, because when I attend I want to be as prepared as I can. Then, I would spend more time with my teachers and guidance counselor. Next, I would enhance my study skills by spending more time at the library. Knowing what I know about college now, I need to make sure that I get enough rest, and maintain a proper diet so that I can be alert and ready. I want to make a difference and return to my high school and share my experience with the staff and students. I would share my success as well as my future. Well, it is time to buckle down, so let us begin the journey.

Tiffany

With the things that I learned during my college experience thus far, if given the opportunity to speak to my high school self, I would advise hard work. I would be sure to instill dilligence and hard work because once you get to college there is no one other than yourself to push you. In addition , I will advise open-mindedness. Going to college you meet people from various walks of life and being open-minded offers you the opportunity to learn from others experiences, accept people for who they are, and it will allow you to see the good in the college experience rather than you focusing on the negative side of it. Lastly, I would advise humility, because sometimes we take life for granted and being on your own teaches you this. In college you learn to depend on others and thus, it is imperative that you practice humility because you must be greatful for the opportunity to have someone to call on because not everyone is that fortunate.

Ebony

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are a few key pieces of advice I would make sure to tell myself. First, I would tell myself to relax; the world will not end because you made one mistake. Also, do not be so afraid of making mistakes that you refuse to move forward. I would make sure to explain to myself that in order to be a better person; you must make mistakes but make sure you do not repeat them. Next, I would tell myself to have more confidence. I would tell myself to remember all that I have accomplished and that I will accomplish much more if I believe in myself. Last, I would tell myself to improve my social skills. I would let myself know I cannot hide behind my books and good grades for the rest of my life. I would tell myself that in order to grow I must leave my comfort zone. This is the advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior.

Alexandria

Hello Alexandria B. , When you enter into college the best place to study is in the library, get organized at the beginning of each semester, when you are given an assignment stay on top of finishing it two weeks before it maybe do, may sure to may time to study each subject and don't stress over the many different things going on back at home. The library is the best place to study and not in your room because in the library you have to be considerate of the other people around you so you have to be quiet and focus on your work only, and in your room you will be attempted to watch it. Being organized will help with other things other then your coursework. When you are given an assignment by doing it right after, it helps out because when you have completed it, you will be able to have it reviewed by your professor to see if you have done the assignment right. Setting up hours in each day to study will help being able to know the work at hand. With stressing over things going on at home can cause you to loose focus.

Shakarra

College is very different from high school. It is important to attend all your classes and to also be able to take care of yourself. If you miss a day of class you can't assume the professor is gonna catch you up with everything unless you ask him/her about it. Also have good study and time mangement skills because it is very easy to get caught up in the college social life and forget about your school work. Its very easy to fall behind and difficult to catch back up. Keep your main focus on your school work.

Tiara

Partying and freedom from guardians are some of the reasons why I applied to college. However, the outcome I got out of my first experience of college has been worth more than I expected. Attending college taught me that time waits for no one, and that I hold the accountability of using every resource around me. Thus far, every action has contributed to who I am destined to become. Through picking the trash off the ground in community parks, I learned the value of keeping the environment safe so people can live healthier. By talking to women in domestic abuse shelters, I gained the knowledge of respecting myself, as well as others. Last but not least, by donating clothes and food to the survivors after the earthquake destroyed many homes in Haiti, I learned to reach out to people globally. College not only provided a place where I can gain higher learning, but attending also gave me a chance to network with inspirations such as Jessie Jackson, and Dr. Julianne Malveaux. There is no doubt why attending college is valuable. College shapes driven people like me into global leaders, innovative thinkers, and to become more prepared for the real world.

shyainne

What I have gotten out of my college experience is being able to experience another form of sisterhood. Besides the fact that I am the eldest of three girls, my two younger siblings were the only two in which I was able to call "sisters" until I came to Bennett. Now I have a wide range of beautiful ladies that I can call my sisters. Also to include, being that I have always attended racially diverse schools or school districts that did not have many students that were the same shade as me, coming to Bennett had given me a culture shock because never in my life have I ever been around so many African Americans, better yet, so many African American women, considering that I attend a Historically Black College University that is an all women’s institution. Because I am able to experience an environment where there are so many excelling African American women that are looking to serve a purpose in their lives and someone else’s, I find that me attending Bennett has been very valuable. Over time, I have noticed a dramatic change in my self-confidence and for that I am grateful for Bennett.

Brittni

I strongly believe that my college experience has brought out my best qualities. This experience has not only taught me how to be independent, think on my own and better my judgment, but it has molded me into a compassionate and wiser young woman. This experience is one that cannot be taken for granted, and is greatly appreciated as it has transformed my life. I am now more sensitive to the needs of others (especially my peers), I have a broader scope on how the “real world” operates, and have learned better techniques to achieve my goals because of this (i.e. being more adamant.) It has been valuable to attend college so that I may take not only my academic knowledge with me throughout my life and my career, but also all of the life skills/lessons that I have and will continue to obtain/learn along the way.

Tisha

In order for the college experience to be valuable students must be educated academically, hone social skills, and act responsibly. These requirements are necessary to function in the world beyond the halls of academia. My perspective as an adult student provides me with an experienced vantage point to the necessity of these skills. A learning institution has the responsibility to teach students using current tools, practices, and information as they relate to the world. I have received this from Bennett College. A student with superior academic abilities without social skills creates a barrier in communication that may hinder opportunities. Bennett College creates an environment filled with positive and diverse social events. Many are initiated by the college and many by the student body. Knowledge and social skills without responsible work habits are emaciated. Therefore, responsibility can not be sacrificed. I am grateful that my professors create detailed syllabuses and adhere to deadlines. I know the workforce does not accept excuses. Attendance at Bennett College for women has provided me with real world knowledge, superior social interaction ability, and is conducive to responsible work habits. These attributes along with many others have made my college experience valuable beyond measure.

Belinda

Out of the college experience thus far I feel that I have made life long friends that will walk miles with me. I also seem to think that I have a better understanding of people. I think in the college experience had made me seem more optimistic on life and value the things and people I have in my life. I have been through many obstacles in my life and I think being at Bennett College for Women has made me see how lucky and well rounded I am for being here and taking the opportunity that many young women do not have. I feel blessed that I have this chance to be able to live and be surrounded around postitve young women.

Tyra

My college experience has been interesting! I have always searched for a college that would be perfect for me. I have learned to be more proactive and serious about my education. I have worked so hard to reach my current gpa. I am pleased to be apart of a college that is so dynamic and excited about history. I have found that surrounding myself around positive and students involved in campus leadership organizations very exciting! I want to leave a legacy behind so that future students at Bennett College can continue being proactive among the campus. The professors at my college has challenged me to think more outside of what I know. I have set goals for myself to be a leader in the classroom as well as outside of the campus. My college has been valuable to attend because of the famous speakers who become guest on my campus. I have learned so much to strive and be happy of my heritage. I have become more independent in all aspects of my college experience. I am always eager to represent my college and the student body wherever I go. The atmosphere that is brought to Bennett college is delightful!

Jamillah

Hope, success, and life is what I gained when I enrolled at Bennett College for Women. The year 2008 marked a very important year of my life. My dad died that January, I went to my first prom that April, I graduated that May, and I went to college that August. After my dad died I had experienced a lot of internal problems like losing sight of my goals and lonliness. I didn't associate with many people in high school so I didn't have anyone to tell about how I felt. Due to the fact my dad had just passed, many people told me that I would not make it over a year out of state. When I came to Bennett College there was love as soon as I stepped on campus. No longer did I feel alone. No longer did I hear negative assumptions. I felt like I was home. From the help of staff with financial aid to the importance of sisterhood amongst the campus, I was relieved to know that there was a sun behind the storm in my life. Bennett College gave me the tools I needed to move forward despite obstacles in life.

Chelsea

All my life i have lived in Denver, CO, going away for college and forced me to be more responsible and focused. Being away from home i had to budget money, gain time management skills, and self discipline. Although I have always been a person with great intergity, experiencing college has challenged and helped me in a useful way. Going to college is valuable to me not only because I am gaining an higher education but also because it is giving me a chance to learn more about myself and and meet great new people.

Zakiya

Being a non-traditional student, I didn't know what to expect going to college away from home for the very first time. Being a twenty-nine year old college freshman, I expected everyone to pass judgement on me. I expected to be the laughing stock of the school. Bennett College for Women embrassed me with open arms. From the admission staff to the staff in the cafeteria I felt welcomed. The Staff at Bennett College for Women, made me feel like I could and will accomplish anything I set my mind to do. I was told that instead of me feeling akward about going to college, feel excited that I was able to go. I was told that I should be proud that I was smart enoughtto make the decision to go to college. Attending Bennett College for Women this yeas has given me a sense of accomplishment.

Evette

Though I am still attending college, I have attained much during my three years. First, I have learned the true value of education and the opportunities that colleges like Bennett presents to minority students. Second, I have established bonds with women with similar goals which has taught me the benefits of networking. Also, out of my college experience, I have received knowledge in an environment that is extremely developmental. This has allowed me to develop personal relationships with my professors, administration, and faculty members. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I have learned how to achieve my goals through professional development.

Alexandra

I HAVE GOTTEN A LOT OUT OF MY ACADEMIC CAREER AT BENNETT THUS FAR. IT HAS BEEN VALUABLE TO ATTEND BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY, AND THE FACULTY MAKES SURE THEY CATER TO THEIR STUDENTS IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SUCCEED.

Shaakira

I attended a college fair and met an impressive representative from Bennett College for Women and I was sold. I applied and they accepted me weeks later. Bennett College for Women in Greensboro, NC is everything I imagined and more. It is away from home, small, private and I love the sisterhood there. I have been attending Bennett for four years now and I could not see myself anywhere else. Bennett has made me into the woman that I am today. One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:28 (KJV), which says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”. I thank God everyday for everything He has done. Without God being there and the prayers from family, I would not be where I am today.

Denise

My college experience has been an emotional rollercoaster. I am so happy that I chose this fine institution. Bennett College has made me the woman that I am today. It has taught things that can not be learned anywhere else. I've been exposed to so many great opportunities and have met some very influential people.

Cherie

With my first year at Bennett College, I have learned about myself. Before coming to North Carolina, I was very self-conscious and had no confidence in myself. I was also very shy and was not very outgoing. Being at Bennett I learned to come out of my shell. I became more involved with activities and my classmates. Bennett also helped me to become confident in myself. With the enrichment series Bennett has twice a week, I have learned that I am powerful and can do whatever I put my mind to. I have learned to be a confident young woman. I took what I learned and ran for Miss Sophomore for Bennett College. This was something I thought I would never do. Never in my dreams would I have thought that I would have courage to run for something forget about winning. I finally believed in myself and I actually won the title as Miss Sophomore 2010-2011. I am grateful for Bennett because I am finally becoming the person I have always wanted to be. A confident, outgoing, courageous, and proud young African American woman!

Shamara

I undertsnad that college educate you to be a better person and to understand that you have to work hard for what you want.

Genevieve

Bennett College for women has housed me for over two years. I have been taught in classroom, lunchroom, and in my daily life out of campus what it means to be apart of the school. To be apart of Bennett is to be apart of history passed and history in the making. In 2004 I arrived at Bennett a freshwoman. I was unprepared and had no idea what to make of the women on my campus. They were beautiful and humble and not afraid to have a voice in what they believed. I soon grew to admire them and to reach for my goals just as eagerly as they did. Everyday was a history lesson of what people have done to get to where they are now. Everyday I met someone new who could tell a different story about how Bennett is showcased in history. From the sit-ins with NCA&T to the housing of Martin Luther King Jr. when everyone was afraid to step up, Bennett was there. I am proud of what my school has accomplished throughout the years, and when I leave Bennett, I want to be able to make history with Bennett being my foundation.

shamara

What I've gotten out of this college experience is rhat you can't depend on others to do things for you, your considered an adult in college and it is time to grow up and start doing things on your own, Others things that I have learned is that in order to fulfill a dream or a goal you have to be committed to it. No one is going to remind you about that dream or goal, that's when responsibilities come into play. all of the advice that I have been told this year has been very valuable to me, it will not only help me now but, also in the future. It's been very valuable for me to attend this college because it has taught me so much about independence and being a strong individual. At Bennett College For Women I was taught that nothing is ever givin to you. you have to work for what you want, This helped me to realize that if I want to become a fashion designer in the future I will have work what I want as an individual. I think Bennett for this wounderful opprotunity and making it valuable.

Nyima

Every other day I try my hardest to give someone in High School tips on preparing for college because there is so much I wish I could have gone back to do and I'm only in my Freshman year of school. Before coming to school you have so many people telling you that you will be scared and nervous upon your arrival. That's just it when coming to college, let the nerves go this is only the start of something new. Stay open minded when you come across different situations. Allow yourself to meet new people because there are others outside of your hometown. Meeting new people allows you to engage in different experiences as well as to see and learn new things. Limit yourself to hanging out all the time and always wanting to be on the go, you should always have some time set aside just for you. When coming to college one should have a schedule or practice some type of time management so you have time for your priorities as well as your wants and needs. There is plenty of fun out there you are in school for a reason and one reason only.

Krystal

Well I first believe Bennett College will always and forever be my 1st choice of undergrad. Looking over the years, and knowing the things I know now I would tell myself to always keep my family close to my heart and to know that my family will always be their for me. Going into college I thought everyone would befriend me and I would get along with eveyone. Thats not necessarly true! I would tell myself to be strong and not to expect things from people by first meeting them. I am a member of a sorority and even now I dont feel what I believed would be over bearing with love. I have found that some of my sorority sisters have done me wrong and that I have to just look past it. I would also tell myself "NOT TO BELIVE THE HYPE," college can be so over rated and made out to be something that it's not. I have learned to take school for what it is and to learn as much as I can so that I can become successful and graduate. "Stay Focused."

As a Freshwomen at Bennett College for Women, I've been at school for a semester and its very different from high school. I love college wouldn't go back to high school if I had the chocie. The things I would tell myself is to pay attention and don't take things for granted. To pay attention in class, to learn the material first and understand the material instead of just tiring to pass the class with whatever. Taking certain things for granted, would have to be having my mother waking me up in the morning for school which I don't have any more and also having someone to keeping me in check or following up on me about my classwork or homework. Your teachers don't baby you, they expect you to just know what you should be doing and if you don't thats on you and you will see it in your grades. Those would be the two things I would have to let myself know.

Courtney

If I could go back in time I would make sure to tell my self that no matter what I may come across all of the hard work is worth it. I would also try to tell myself not to get so stressed out over the little things. It is not necessary to worry about other peoples problems. Don't let anyone keep you from reaching your dreams. This is the best place for you!

Veronica

Go to class everyday and pay attention. If you dont understand something, ask for help! That is what teachers are there for, to help you and you are there to learn. Know who your resources are and take advantage of them. There is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to you better understanding something critical. Stay after school as much as needed and seek extra help because grades are not given, they are earned. It doesnt matter how many jokes you tell, how many students you bully, or how many new shoes you wear. That is not going to be required on your future college applications, but what is going to matter is the quality of education you recieved out of those four years and how youre going to use it to be successful. Remember, you can never go back and do it again, so make the most of it and be all you can be. You can do it. Believe in yourself and perservere. Your enviroment is irrelevant, you can always achieve your goals it just takes potential and a little hard work but it will all be worth it!

Brittanie

Overall, the one thing I would tell myself as a high school senior would be to focus more. Perhaps if I did so throughout high school, my grades would have been much better and I may have received more scholarships to college instead of struggling to figure out how I will be getting money to pay for school every year.

Morgan

DO NOT SLACK OFF! Grades matter and always strive hard. Ask questions if you do not know whats going on even if its a "stupid" question because those kids who are laughing are not going to pay for your education so dont pay attention to them. get extra help if need me. Focus on assignments and dont settle. Read and pay attention. Get involved but dont become something your not. Dont let people influence you to do things that you know you wouldnt normally do or what you werent raised to do. Be yourself!

I would tell myself: Ashley you already know how open minded you are to different enviornments and people. You are able to adjust various settings and have very little trouble making friends. So dont worry about going into a deep depression if you pick the wrong school, you won't. You are there to learn, but social interaction and networking is a key as well. Don't be afraid to be entergetic and express yourself, that's what college is about. Jump at all the opportunities that come your way, including applying to as many scholarships and internships as possible, don't let the possible competition deter you. Being independent is important, but don't let that turn to stubbornness. Accept help when its needed and give help too. Also, having a roomate isn't as dreadful as you imagined. She will be like a sibling you love but bicker with from time to time. Finally, make goals that you want to complete while at college. Meet and network with everyone and take courses that challenge you. Then I would give myself a big hug and say: Breathe, great things await you.

Shanee'

Knowing all that i know about college life now, i would advise myself to stay focus. Always strive for excellence becuase my success is vital. In addition, think hard about the campus life i want to be surrouned by; i.e. loud, small, etc. Such key points would help me when its time to choses a college or university.

Milon

Assuming I could go back in time I would make myself consider the scholarship process and take it more seriously. I went to a college preparatory school so the work is not that difficult and I always had enough freedom to delegate myself accordingly. When it came to my scholarships I played around a lot and now my mom is struggling by herslf to pay my tuition. The process has been very trying on her. She already struggles and with me being so far from home and needing so much money, it is hard on her. I would tell myself be as mature now as you were with other situations. I would make myself see how great of an opportunity I have and not waste so many precious moments crying about tuition money. I would definitely buckle down, consider my mother and realize I need to work harder to make college a little less tressful. That's is my advice to myself and anyone like me.

Ebony

Just remain focused and work hard. As long as you put your best foot forward and try hard you can accomplish anything. Be sure to take every moment academically seriously and study hard.