Bennett College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bennett College

If you’re looking for a traditional HBCU true to its culture, Bennett is a good fit. It is a small all women’s college, but that does not mean that you will know everyone. If you want to experience the sisterhood, you have to find it yourself because it won’t just come to you. The food is not good at all if you are vegetarian or vegan, the food isn’t accommodating. There is an honors dorm which is nice , but if you don’t stay there the other dorms are not as nice. I feel as though the staff and administration could be better at communicating with the students and being in order. The campus is open for most of the day, and it is not in the greatest neighborhood. I don’t feel unsafe at all, however I do feel that they could do a better job with campus security.

Favenjewel

As a sophomore here at Bennett College, I have had the opportunity to experience 1 ½ years of the ups and downs that a private HBCU may encounter. Yes, there are days, weeks, and even months that we may struggle but as a campus and a family we stick together through it all. My Bennett Sister and I have each other’s back no matter what. Yes, we fuss and fight but at the end of the day, you will not find another campus with as much sisterhood as we do. We are each other’s accountability partners. We hold each and every person accountable for their action ranging anywhere from grades, being involved around campus, being safe in the community and even keeping curfew (for our freshwomen). Our campus traditions, saying, chants and more play a vital role in our matriculation. One of our many mottos are “The girl you are will meet the woman you are destined to be” cannot be any truer. Beginning the first day you step foot on campus, you are emerged into the History and background of Bennett. She embraces you even if you don’t want her to. You learn about her body (buildings on campus) her manufacturers (what helps to maintain her (faculty, staff and alumnae)) and what she has produced (our great Bennett Sister who have come before us). You may have noticed that I did not speak on the struggles of my institution and that is because all the ups outweigh the downs and despite those down I’m sticking with my college no matter what. I may be biased but Bennett is the best institution anyone could ever attend. You may not like her at first but as you grow with her you learn to love her.

Ty

It's average, I suppose. It is better for liberal arts majors and could stand to lower tuition. Depending on which professor you have, they are usually good on providing office hours and assistance as it is needed throughout the semester. It is up to you to make the best use of your time.

grace

My overall opinion of Bennett College is that it is a good school. Bennett is a place where you can grow as a young women. Since, Bennett College is an all women institution we pride ourselves on sisterhood. We are willing to go out of our way to empower our women to thrive and rise above their comfort zones. Bennett College is my home away from home with my loving Bennett Belles to support me. In coming to any HBCU or school in general you will have your ups and downs. Bennett is no perfect college but if you give it time, you will see just what it can do for you.

Nikee

Bennett is a hidden or sometimes even overlooked jewel, with much to offer. Being a student here has changed my look on life entirely, as before coming here not much really mattered. I have been given a plethora of opportunities including studying abroad in Beijing, China as an HR Recruiter, being introduced to persons who are highly influential in different realms of business; such as Legal Personals( Legal Ad visors such as lawyers and judicial clerks) Television Entertainers, and Financial Advisers of Wells Fargo. Bennett has always been very supportive of my associations and I would recommend young women of all backgrounds to attend and become the change they would like to see as the illustrious Bennett College embraces them with open arms and a one of a kind sisterhood.

vartejah

I loved Bennett College. I loved everything about it, from being an HBCU to being an all women's college. I love the fact that they are teaching girls how to talk to people and learn how to make connection. At my campus visit I learned that they have an amazing biology program and that they have many programs I can be apart of. On campus housing is great. I love my roommates and whenever I have a problem there is always someone to talk to. Campus food is great. There is something for everyone to eat whether they do not eat meat or only eat certain meats or if they're vegan. Campus facilities are great. The class is size is not that big but also not too small. The extracurricular activities are amazing. I am on the cheer team and could not be having more fun. There is also a modeling club which improves self-confidence and self-empowerment. There are a lot of nearby shops and stores. There is a town center 10 minutes away and if you do not have a car you can ride the HEAT bus for free. The academics here are taken vey seriously. The school makes sure that the students know that they are here for an education. My overall rating for the school is a 10/10 and I would recommend anyone to attend Bennett College.

Anaijah

Overall, Bennett is what you make it! As I have said many times I did not choose Bennett, Bennett chose me! Meaning that I originally did not have Bennett as my first chose and never did I think I was going to attend this school but I`m glad I did! When coming into Bennett with the class size and campus being such a small size, everyone knows everyone! I love that because being so small of a school we all work together helping one another with school work- Most of the time upper class man have took the same class that you have taken so they are useful of helping you with your homework, telling you specifically what that certain professor is looking for and as well as going back over your work to help you fix errors that you may have made. Professors at my school know you not just by face but by name! It is awesome because at larger institutions you may not find that! Professors are also so helpful and available when we need them during their office hours, by email and sometimes even after their office hours. When walking on campus it is more than likely that you will bump into one of your professors which they also will answer any questions you have if they have time to. Their teaching credibility is amazing as well! They are great professors, they stop to see if anyone has questions and have no problem with breaking down any classwork that we may have trouble with understanding. Although the cafe use to have it`s good and bad days with the selections of foods our wonderful cafeteria staff have created an online app where us students are able to rate foods as well as request foods that we may want to choose. I must say that they have tremendously approved over the course of the school years, I am always excited to walk in to see what they are serving. There are not as many sports at my school being that it is an all girls school but we make the best of it! Staff has provided us with exercise equipment in our gym as well as residence halls. We have basketball, tennis, volleyball and more we also have sport classes which are a great way for us to stay in fit even if we do not want to go to the gym or exercise in our dorms. My school provides studying abroad and which we can receive a free passport when filling out an application, the counseling center is very helpful providing resources and when you need someone to talk to, there is also an important ceremony we have every Thursday were we have different guess speakers come in far as book writers, counseling services, employment/ internship opportunities, Alumni and many more guest speakers as well. Most importantly I love my school because of the sisterhood bonding! Your sister will always be there to pick u up when your down, make you laugh and help you whenever you need them to! I can honestly say I`m glad I did not go to any other school, I have met a lifetime full of friends/sisters, some wonderful professors that when I graduate I will still keep in touch with and that I know that will still help me after I graduate and I know that I will leave out of college knowing that Bennett has educated and prepared me for all I need to know! BENNETT BELLES DO IT WELL! BENNETT BELLES ARE VOTING BELLES! & BENNETT BELLES ARE HONEST BELLES!!!

Kyaria

The class sizes are very good. The staff is always available if you need anything. Also they care about your academics and your safety. There are many clubs to join around the campus such as SUAB, Biology club and others. We have plays, choir concerts, and a dance team.

Victoria

In the beginning I didn’t like it because I wasn’t used to being around a lot of girls. But over time I grow to love it and the people there. I got involved with clubs and that help me found my friend group. Bennett isn’t for everyone but it’s for me and I love it.

Alexis

I regret coming to Bennett it was my worse experience. I got bullied on campus by other girls... I reported it to the administrator and they did nothing. At one point I felt like killing myself because it had gotten so bad. The food on campus is bad several girls have gotten food poisoning from eating. At dinner time when it hits 6:30 the staff will cut off all the lights and tell you it's time to go. The cafe staff also have unprofessional relationships with the students and they also sneak alcohol to the girls who can not purchase them yet. Bennett DOES NOT have a full time doctor or nurse on campus because they can not afford one. Bennett also does not have sports on campus the only interesting thing on campus is BOD and you cant dance then you're out of luck. There's a huge drug and alcohol problem on campus.... a lot of the girls buy edibles on campus or smoke on campus. Girls will also have alcohol in their room taking shots.

stenasia

My overall opinion of Bennett College is that well I adore it so much . It makes me extremely happy knowing that I choose this school and even better that they choose me . I wouldn't change my first year for anything . We are best of sisterhood and it shows . Everyone supports one another!

Kaydrena

The staff is friendly where the campus is something small and easy to get aeound with all the signs and attractive campus atmosphere

Dajah

I believe bennett is like any other college but I’m many ways different .Bennett offers a chance to build friendships and family’s and education wise it offers allot but by it being an older school their are things they need to work on especially the cost

Sandra

This school is not for everyone. There are a lot of disrespectful staff and students that attended this school. The have had numerous severe food poisoning and had numerous issues with the students (bullying). When I first arrived on campus some students told me to not attend this school and go to another school since students did not take their education seriously. This was due to the fact that the administration was randomly accepting students into their school due to their low enrollment rate. Hopefully, since the school raised enough money to stay open, they can invest and fix the schools dorms and try to "follow the rules".