Bennington, VT

Bennington College

« See more reviews of Bennington College

start early! if you are not sure what you want out of your college experience or what you wish to study, go to a community school for atleast 2 years to save money. there is no rush when you are only soending 2 grand a semester in contrast to 20 grand or more a year. if you do decide to go away to a 4 year university or college, make sure you visit the campus and ask as many questions as possible to make sure that this is the right place for you.

Really spend some time on campus before you make your choice -- many times things are not as they first appear. It can be stifling, dissapointing and frustrating to slowly realize how well everything is marketed, but it is really worth it for the students to dive deep into their pre-enrollment experience to see what the school is really like socially and academically. Remember, you are spending 4 years there!

I'm done. I don't need a scholarship. I just like surveys. But if you want to give me the money, go right ahead. My advice to students looking for colleges (it should be the students perogative and choice0 is to look at mission statements, talk to students of the college, and ask questions. I personally think the best question a student can ask is "What makes this college special? How is it different?

Make sure that you really feel comfortable in the place. That is the most important. Being around people who go there, if you feel comfortable and also engaged, then its probably a good choice for you.

Ask questions about the academic process, then insist on speaking to someone for whom it did not go well. Understand what you will be up against, and be sure it's worth it to you.

Bennington's a good place for doing your own thing and making friends; therefore a good place for you. Plan ahead better.

Be optimistic but realistic. Reach high for your dreams.

Fallow your heart.