Bentley University Top Questions

Eui

The students are pretty well motivated. They seem to work hard and are often working while going to school.

My classmates are hard working individuals who are determined to succeed in whatever goals they have set for themselves.

My classmates are very diverse, friendly and focused.

Doniella

Driven by the want to succeed

Everyone tends to get along with each other just fine. Since we're all B-students, we really identify with each other and share common goals, likes-and-dislikes....

The school is pretty diverse. You'll find a good number of international students, but they aren't all friendly. Many international students end up sticking together and can get pretty exclusive. They aren't always extraordinarily polite either, especially when they're in their groups. There seems to be an equal balance between the international students who stick together and the ones who go out and find themselves with American groups of people. The school isn't very politically active; however, there is a pretty strong conservative perspective that blankets the campus. The LGBT population doesn't get shunned by students, but there is some noticeable tension as not everyone is comfortable with people that are different. International or not, students generally have similar viewpoints and personalities so accepting differences with others doesn't always seem to go well. People are pretty nice for the most part, though. Not many try to hide their financial aid backgrounds, either, and many (including myself) are very happy with the awards they've been given. Guys and girls at Bentley look, for the most part, nice, but not model material. There are some standouts, more for girls than guys, where some people obviously put a little more work into getting ready in the morning. It's not excessive and they aren't sticking out. There is a pretty balanced mix. The campus doesn't have much of a preppy vibe at all, so you won't see many guys in polos and girls in pearls unless they have something going on that day. While not personally my type, the girls are pretty attractive and the guys stay in shape, so I'd say we are a pretty good looking campus. One of the biggest downsides of the student body is the proximity to home many students have. Many students are from Massachusetts or someplace very close, so the campus can get pretty quiet on weekends since home isn't very far away for a good chunk of the student body. In being a business school, a lot of students have hopes of making a ton of money after school. Money gets talked about a lot and can get a bit obnoxious after a while, but most are willing to divert the subject elsewhere (especially in this economic downturn).

Freindly, hard-working, career-oriented.

Adriana

Bentley students are determined to do well in their life beyond an undergraduate degree.

The classmates are very focused, yet friendly and active on campus.

Most people are social, little distinction between grades and classes, the students are open and welcoming of new people,

Terry

By its nature as a top business school, there is a wealthier, more politically conservative, maybe even a little bit stuffy of a population. I come from a pretty middle-class family, and I have had zero trouble making friends here who are down-to-earth. However, there are a pretty decent amount of kids here who think they are God's gift to the planet. Bentley has begun to offer a few liberal arts majors. I don't know why those students would ever choose to come here. It isn't because Bentley's LA program isn't good (because it is) but those students tend to be VERY liberal, anti-corporate America (you know, the type of people who think that all "wall street-type" people are all about screwing over the "little guy" and that there is some giant conspiracy for corporations to rape the world for money), and all the other stereotypes that come with extreme liberals. For a liberal arts major to attend this school is much like a member of the Ku Klux Klan deciding to attend an HBCU school (HBCU= Historically Black Colleges and Universities). Students here also tend to be very motivated, career-oriented, and driven. You would be surprised how many students arrive here freshman year with a very good direction of where they want to head in life. Internships are highly sought-after. This leads to high job placement. Right now, April 2008, in the middle of a recession (yes, it is a recession), with a crummy job market, I'd say 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of seniors I know already have a job. The ones that don't are the students who didn't start thinking about employment until around February of their senior year.