Bentley University Top Questions

Eui

The school does a great job of developing a person for the professional world, and has great resources for getting its students placed in jobs.

When you tell people you go to Bentley, you can def. see that "he/she must be smart" look on their face, unless they or their kids go to ivy leagues, then that would just be "koo." The BEST thing about Bentley is connections. Networking's a must. You can almost always find a job/internship if you really look, even if you're a freshman. My freshman year, I got into a small iBank and I was competing against upperclassmen from all over the place. If you really try, you can establish relationships with VPs from the top financial firms and they can get you in.

Bentley is truly a business school--do not expect to get more out of it. Having just finished my first semester, I can say I felt more like what I imagine an MBA program would have been like than a liberal arts undergrad curriculum. For many, the strong business focus is exactly what they want, but those who aren't committed to business may find that the scene gets old quickly. Nearly everything has a business focus, from the course selection to extracurricular events (many of which include Big Four recruiters). There are some other options, like the Liberal Studies Major, which is a great addition to the business curriculum, but for those who really want to try and get away from the business world Benltey thrusts you into, this won't be enough.

Business school that tends to favor financial sector and accounting, they have good ties with the big four

Terry

The best thing about Bentley is its size. A lot of people (including myself) were afraid to attend a school that was too small. If it was too small, you would get bored too quickly, you'd meet just about everyone in the first year, it would feel like high school, etc. Bentley is roughly 4,000-5,000 undergrad. I don't feel like I have even come close to meeting half of the students in my class after 3 years. It is big enough to have a lot of fun at, yet small enough to get VERY individual attention, have small classes, and can provide resources for all of its students. We also have a "trading room" that is unmatched by ANY school in the WORLD. Better than what can be seen at Harvard Business School, Wharton (at UPenn), MIT, Columbia Business School, or any "top-notch" business school in the country. We have all of the financial software and tools used at top financial institutions across the globe. When I showed up for my first day of work at Morgan Stanley I knew how to use their software better than 25-year industry veterans. Following the theme of business technology, we also have the Center for Marketing Technology and the "ACELAB" (Accounting Center for Electronic Learning and Business, basically an accounting software room). There is no software you will be unfamiliar with after leaving Bentley. I can't truly comment on either of these as I am a finance major, and the experience I've had with both is limited at best.