Paramus, NJ
Bergen Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bergen Community College

Fixed  rate loan

I really like Bergen Community College. It is the best college. They have many resources that you can go to. There are counselors that you can meet with. They help you with your schedule and to understand the requirements for your major. They have many clubs you can join and they are all great. Joining clubs can help you meet new people. They have a variety of clubs and I think that is great. They always have different workshops that you can go to and you can learn new things. There's always different types of events that are going on and a lot of things that they do in the student center. The atmosphere is really great and everyone is so friendly. It's a great environment to be in.

Hailey

BCC is a great place to not only get a great education, but also a place to make some great friends and have awesome new experiences. The college is filled with a multitude of people who have different ages, interests, cultures, races, religions and orientations, and it is an extremely accepting place. I love the diversity of my college. The extra curricular activities reflect the range of interests among the college. From the African students union to the PRIDE club, there's bound to be a club that interests you. BCC's academic track record is excellent as well. Students are set up to succeed. The average class is about 30 students, so the professor not only knows your name, but in many cases, they get to know you. The college also offers a tutoring center where you can either walk in or schedule a one hour one on one appointment with a tutor. If you're having trouble deciding a major or trying to pick your classes, there extremely helpful academic advisors who can be reached at any time the college is open. They'll sit down with you and go through all your options with you. Overall, I think BCC is a great place. It's a safe and uplifting environment that has many grand aspects waiting to be discovered. I love my school, and I can truly say I'm proud to be a Bulldog.

Bergen Community College has come a long way since I first started attending back in 2008. I had left for five years and was blown away upon my return. This school has made huge steps in it's transgender and LGBQQIA rights, going as far as using preferred names for trans students in classrooms.

Roni
Don't judge a book by its cover

Don't judge a book by its cover

Bergen is an awesome community college. Unlike some other community colleges, you can actually get a legitimate two-year education. They have many amenities to help you do your best in school and actually care about you succeeding. It's definitely known as the best community college in NJ and is rated highly throughout the country. Not all of the students are the brightest, but as long as you have your head on straight, you'll get to where you want to go without any problems. Also, the students are usually in and out quickly since there is no on campus housing. Due to that, it's hard to make friends. If you are looking to meet new people, join a few clubs and things should flow from there. Good luck at BCC!

Gabriela

Diversity. There are alot musicians and musically inclined people on campus. Great nursing program.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING GET TO KNOW YOURSELF (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) For the first semester take WRT-101 and join the academic club pertaining to your major ( choose one that interests you if you're undecided) and/or volunteer in organizations related to your field if possible(http://volunteer.bergenvolunteers.org/). Don't be afraid to ask questions. SEE YOUR PROFESSOR DURING OFFICE HOURS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. Do the readings before each class and try to do your assignments beforehand. Ask library assistants with help on research papers. Ask about the Honor's program and the study abroad opportunity. Go to the Career Development center and see if you're major allows you to take a course that includes an intership. Go to college fairs and network at job fairs. Get involved on campus and have fun.

The diversity of the students is one because you get insight on so many ethnic cultures and subcultures. The faculty are really passionate about their field and very supportive and help students who are interested in pursuing that field. It has agreements with many great schools such as NYU and Columbia through Honor's programs. THERE IS STUDY ABROAD FOR HONOR'S STUDENTS!

Rushi

For a community college the school has a massive mix of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. There are about 80+ different nationalities involved with the school. The education is coming from professors who have studied at world class universities from all around the world. The school is just about right in its size. Peoples reactions towards the school might pass it off as an average school of education, but until you've stepped inside one of the classrooms you will realize the type of learning environment a person is in. This is a fantastic center for public education and for students who wish to transfer to a four year institution after the completion of two years at Bergen.

Socially & Academically acceptable.

There are no stereotypes at Bergen, the school is immensely diverse.

Bryan

In high school - as many students do - I always told myself to make sure that I did not go to community college. Due to complications with the four year universities that I was admitted to, I decided that it was best for me to attend BCC. Going into BCC I was not motivated, expected a very easy curriculum, and did not expect to learn much. One week into my first semester I realized that my expectations were inaccurate. BCC has shown me that there is a lot for me to learn; academically and personally. I have learned what my full potential is as a student, how to manage my time, and how to adapt to college life smoothly; as well as very crucial academic material necessary for future courses that I will be taking at whatever four year university I transfer to. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at BCC so far. Looking back on my decision, I do not regret attending BCC whatsoever.

BCC is an extremely culturally diverse campus. There are all types of students. A lot of people fit the typical stereotype of having a lack of motivation and being careless about their studies. Having said that, there are also a decent amount of students who are motivated to do very well here. For example, last semester, I was in a statistics class where I was surrounded by very successful and driven classmates. Two classmates in particular ended up transferring to Ivy League schools after that semester. There are always a lot of people in the library throughout the day, studying, reading, and sometimes socializing. In class it is very easy to make friends, but because everyone commutes from all over, it is difficult to maintain friendships outside of the classroom.

Classes at BCC are very fair. After taking the placement test, your results should place you in classes that are on your learning-ability level. Most, if not all classes are small enough that professors know their students by name. In every class that I have taken, each professor expected class participation from every student. Most general education classes (english and math classes) are not as competitive as classes that are geared towards certain majors. For example, I took a writing class and an accounting class my first semester. Most students in my writing class were doing what it took to get by so they could receive credit without having to strain themselves. On the other hand, my accounting class consisted of students who worked hard, studied a lot, and asked a lot of questions. If you study, read the textbook, and ask questions, professors will help you be as successful as you want to be.

There are plenty of classmates of mine that I have spoken to who say that they have no interest in how well they perform in school; they attend BCC because their parents force them to go to school. But there are also a lot of very successful and motivated students here. The library is always packed with people reading, or studying, as well as socializing. I'd say that BCC's stereotype is 50% accurate.

Gema

Knowing what happens in the future is a quality that many people want to acquire. If in any case I was able to do that or go back in time, I would take advantage of the situation and give myself some pointers on life and being in college. I would urge myself to work less and get involved in more extracurricular activities within my college. At times i wish i would have joined my soccer team or continued being in the environmental club and other activities that I was fully involved in when I was in high school. I would also push my self to study harder, I have a current GPA of a 3.6 therefor i can better myself and strive for a 4.0. I have made mistakes here and there but I have gained knowledge from each mistake therefore I wouldn't change any of those things. In conclusion I would give myself a few hints on how to excelle and make my experience at Bergen Community College better than it already has been.

Bergen Community College is a college for students that love diversity, activities, athletics and much more. It is a school for any student for that matter. As a student there myself I walked into this college not knowing exactly where I was headed, but I found my path. This is the perfect college to go to where a student will discover themselves aswell as unknown abilities, likes, dislikes . It containtes a great atmosphere with equivalent professors, administrators and an overall faculty. It is a great start on the road to finding yourself and gaining knowledge.

My classmates are from all different backgrounds, from near & far; they are what make my school a pool of diversity and cultural growth.

Crystal

Bergen Community College has a very diverse student body and an outsanding faculty and staff that guide you and keep you focused on what needs to be done.

If i can go back in time and talk to myslef as a high school senior i would give myself an explicit amount of advice. I would tell myself to pay attention to every little thing that is going on in class. I would also tell myself to make as much time as i can to studying rather than go out with my friends. My reason being is because now that i am in college i have to stay up till late doing homework rather than go out with my friends. I believe if i would of done more studying in high school i would have been used to studying and staying up late. Also if i would of payed attention to everything i would of been in a slightly higher level of study. But not everything needs to be negative. There is always a reason why things turn out the way they do and i believe that that reason is for the better rather than for worst.

I believe any kind of person should attend Bergen Community College. It is a very diverse college. Not much competition. Everyone is basically focused on their own thing. This school has many clubs and activities that everyone can do. Not many community colleges have sports but Bergen Community College does. I am actually a student athlete, I play softball.

Krystyn

BCC teaches real world experiences like time management, with a great range of differences in the student body and many different classes, but is still comfortable to the student.

I would tell myself that I am on the right track, but maybe take that extra class. Taking it easy was a good idea for the first semester, and made the transition between high school and college seamless, as did the smaller honors courses. Enrolling in that extra class, though, would not have thrown me off, it would have better prepared me for the more hetic semesters of college, and it would have made my next three semesters in Bergen Community College less of a burden.

Some of the classes in BCC are not challenging enough and just feel like an extension to high school.

Bergen Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.