Berkeley, CA
Berkeley City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Berkeley City College

Loretta

College life is challenging, but worth the effort. In order to see yourself to pursue a college education you have to see yourself, before you see yourself, going to school, graduating and living the lifestyle you dream of. To make the transition from high school to college you must believe that you will be successful, and focus on your educational goals. You also must be determined and driven. College is an exciting opportunity and worth pursuing, especially in this country. College is an opportunity to learn new and different information, meet people from all backgrounds and get a taste of being independent, if you desire to go to college away from home. From personal experience college is great regardless of your age, background or disability.

I really wish I had known about the school before going to a more expensive private university. I also wish I believed in myself enough to know I would suceed here several years ago. I wished I had known about the wonderful disabilities program and how affordable community college is. Before coming to Berkeley City College I had some anxiety about going back to school at the age of 48, but the staff and the students have made the experience worth going all the way. I wish I would have known about Berkeley 20 years ago.

I would say that anyone who has a desire for education, especially those mature in age and wanting to start a second career, improve their marketable skills or looking for advancement in their jobs. High school graduates coming straight from high school could benefit from Berkeley City College. There are a number of resources here to help with the transition from high school to college. I selected Berkeley City College because of the disabilities program. I am disabled and need assistance in some areas. Any person that appreciates a beautiful clean campus, and relaxing atmosphere would love being here.

Attending Salesian High School was both a blessing and an enormous weight I carried for four years. Being privately educated all my life had left me certain it was going to get harder and that I 'd make it through. I said this so that I can push myself to get good grades. As I spent more time studying, I began ignoring my health, family, and friends. I was consumed in my efforts to get good grades that I started losing myself and my religion through stress that I had brought upon myself. Moving on to college brought me to a point in my life I worked hard for. But I arrived without a plan that was supposed to be backed up by my passion. Giving my grades too much importance stopped me from both living life and seeing the bigger picture. So if I could talk to my high school-self, I would say, ?Listen to your heart because that will help you find your passion and your dream. In your pursuit of your dream, don?t give up or lose sight of those you love because you will only be striving in life and never arriving.?

If I had known about Berkeley's free bus passes, I would have had a new mac laptop instead of a car.

The worst thing about Berkeley City College is that there are no sports or a small little gym to exercise because I know I' m not the only student who wants to get into shape.

Heather

Berkeley City College has so much diversity. Most students, as well as professors are open to everything and everyone. That may be becuase the school is in Berkeley, but, non the less, it is liberating and a breath of fresh air. Also, most classes are taught through a lefty libral lens; it is pretty incredible.

I would tell a seventeen year old me to wear a watch. I would say, girl, don't rely on your cell phone to tell you the time and stay connected. Use a planner! It will be your best friend if you treat it right. And speaking of friends... I would tell myself to just go for it, get to know everyone you can, and let them get to know you! When you leave home for college, you leave your home and your friends. It is of the utmost importance that you make friends at a new school and learn how to study with them during your first semester. I would tell myself, get over yourself and stop thinking you are too smart for study groups. The is power in collective knowledge! Those long hours of homework aren't too bad if you are with friends and practice healthy time management. Fresh baked cookies are a great addition to an intense study session. And lastly I would tell myself not to stress and that every road has bumps and holes, it is OKAY. Relax seventeen year old me, everything will work out for the best.

The Berkeley City College campus is very small. There is limited space for students to study during breaks between classes and it always seems that the small areas that are provided are too noisy to concentrate.

Khristopher

An eclectic mixture of people and cultures.

An eclectic mixture of people and cultures.

I love the atmosphere that is Berkeley. The people and the weather just make the area some place that I would love to live in the future. this in turn made me pick a school in the same area.

I would definitely tell myself to stop lying to myself. I feel more like myself now than ever. I would have let myself know that my friends would still love even though I happen to be homosexual. I was so afraid of them hating me for it that it stunted my growth as a person during the time. The funny thing is most of them already suspected the fact anyway. I would also tell myself to be a more frugal person in my first semester. For some reason I thought that money just sprouted out of the ground or something. That little fact would have kept me out of a little stint of repaying the back for a bunch of overdraft fees. Overall i would just tell myself to be more financially saavy and to skip the semester in art school it would set me back a little .

Marik

IF the man you want to marry is concerned with your well being he will wait and encourage you going to college. Your marriage may fail, your husband may be injured or killed and you left to support your family. Without higher education you will not be able to give your children what they deserve as they grow. There are very few women, alone or not, who can afford not to work in these times and without a degree you can't expect to make an adequate living. As you discover who you are and what your interests are you will want to enrich yourself with learning. Without a degree it will take years to reach the level of education to pursue your passion. If you have a basic degree you can launch yourself in any direction you want or need to go. Most people will change their career at least once in their working life. Having a degree will provide a basic foundation for upgrading your skills or aquiring new skills most effectively. As long as you are healthy the only thing you cannot lose is your education. Live long and and live fully, go to college.

Jarrid

Never take out a private student loan!!!!!!!!!

Never take out a private student loan!!!!!!!!!

The low cost of tuition and high quality of care at Berkeley City allows students to recieve an excellent college education at a reasonable price.

Students who do not enjoy quality education at a low cost , and specialized care from college staff. I cannot imagne who wouldnt such features in a college education.

Molly

Hello high school senior self. Let me start off by saying that you look great. But I'm not here just to compliment you, I also come bearing some invaluable advice. Please know that you are approaching a huge transition point. Your life, as you know it, is about to change drastically. You may find yourself feeling lost or confused. That's okay, it's normal. It will take some time for you to find your calling. Try to use this upcoming period of your life to expand your mind, challenge yourself, and grow as a person. You are young, full of energy and interests. Explore everything you feel like exploring. If you find yourself drawn to one thing, but then loose interest, don't beat yourself up. Embrace the fact that you are in an unsure part of your life. You may change your mind a million times, while in college, about what you eventually want to do. That is exactly what this time in your life is for. Now ,go out there, find out about the world and find out about yourself. You're about to have the time of your life!

The worst thing about Berkeley City College is the long process of recieving financial aid. There are a large need and perhaps the college is not adequately staffed. It can be extremely frustrating at times, but if you get through it all, it is rewarding in the end.

A student who will succeed at Berkeley City College must be independent and self-motivated. Like any college, the student's education really is in her or his own hands. And at Berkeley City College, those who succeed, are people dedicated to aquiring their own education. One must be an active student, if you are passive, you will eventually be left in the dust. Many students drop out of community college, because there is less pressure to complete their courseload in a fixed amount of time. A good student must consider their education a top priority and keep themself motivated.

Berkeley City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.