Woodland Park, NJ
Berkeley College-Woodland Park

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Berkeley College-Woodland Park

Fixed  rate loan

charles

I have attended multiple colleges in the last five years after graduation. What I have gotten out of my college experience is that you cannot succeed without one major thing, MOTIVATION. I have seen many students, myself included, fail horribly at tasks that are not at all difficult. There is one simple thing to keep in mind if you are not motivated. (It has taken me many years to learn this) One must be in control of his/her mind. Meaning, that one must identify poisonous thaughts and eliminate them by discounting them and replacing them with better thaughts. This will purpose one to maintain a positive attitude especially about oneself. This is very difficult when one has been making excuses and putting themselves down for years. To maintain this one must everyday give thanks for what he/she has. Especially for the strengths that he/she has naturally been given. When one focuses on his/her own strengths instead of the weaknesses and failures he/she will find themselves becoming more and more positive, and more and more motivated because of the high self esteem that one will build by doing this.

Judy

During the past year in college, I have learned something I never exptected to: I have learned that I didn't even know what I didn't know. My detractors might say that they knew all along how vast that category was. I, however, did not, until I decided to return to college to complete my undergraduate degree. It surprises me how little depth I had in certain subjects, like philosophy, where the names Plato or Socrates meant little. Rather than nodding sheepishly when either name comes up, now I am able at least to differentiate between the two and understand their significance to the development of that discipline as well as religion. What's most valuable to me was learning the theory behind the profession I have pursued and been successful in: communications. From journlaism to public relations, I knew I was communicating. But until taking a Human Communications class, I didn't realize how communications actually works, how people "hear" what is being communicated. Overall, attending college has added the polish to my life experience that I hope will help define the next phase of my life and career.

Lalita

I have gotten just what I expected and more out of attending Berkeley College. I have not only met a ton of new friends, I have also had GREAT professor who really care about me and my fellow students passing the course and obtaining a degree. I am currently a sophomore and cannot wait to finish and get my degree. I have to say the most valuable thing I have taken from this experience is the fact that I am actually learning and retaining the information I am learning. I was not always a big fan of going to high school and dreaded attending any higher education, but my time here at Berkeley College Online has been a wonderful experience and I couldnt imagine doing it any other way now. I have mantained a GPA of 3.4 or higher every semester and that says a lot when my high school GPA was considerably lower. I look forward to every week of school so that I can learn something I didnt know before. I absolutely love Berkeley and will refer them to anyone trying to obtain a degree at a later age or just out of high school.

Any kind of person. I go online, but they do also have campuses all over and you can even do some online and some in the actual classroom. It is a great school!! At least in my eyes..

I attend school online and I love evrything about it!! I have no really frustrating things about my school and my time at Berkeley College

Micuerlange

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME, I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO GET BETTER GRADES IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO PATICIPATE IN MORE ACTIVITYS AT SCHOOL. I WOULD SAVE MORE AND PREPARE MORE FOR COLLEGE.

I WISH I HAD KNOW THAT THEY DID NOT OPEN THE CAFE ON THE WEEKENDS. I WISH I HAD KNOWN THAT THE SHUTTLE ONLY RUN ON WED AND THURS.

THIS SCHOOL IS FOR SOMEONE WHO IS FOCUS AND NO WHAT THEY WANT IN LIFE OR WHOS IS STILL SERCHING. IT IS THE NOT A PARTY SCHOOL BUT A BUSINESS SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL IS FOR STUDENT WHO LIKE SMALL CLASS ROOMS AND WANT MORE ATTENTION FROM THEIR PROF.

Susan

Knowing what I do now about life and my experiences at college, I would advise myself to apply to and visit more colleges that way I could get a better feeling for different institutions. I would also tell myself that I have the best friends possible, and even though I didn't always make wise choices in friends, I still wound up with the best roommate anyone could have. Despite all of the complaints and challenges I faced so far, I would still tell myself to follow my heart and choose the school that feels like home. There is no sense of going to a college that feels like an institutional jail cell. Even though I would miss the finer things in life, such as home cooked food, a shower that worked all of the time, and my friends at home, I would still tell myself that moving into the dorms, getting involved in the SGA, and making new friends from various places all over the world is the best thing I could ever do at this point in my life.

For starters, the food really isn't that great. It's better compared to high school food, but horrible for the price I pay for it. Also, tuition freeze does not mean ALL expenses are frozen...it would have been good to know that the dorm fee and meal plan go up every few quarters. As for the dorms: people are rude, sleep and hot water are non-existant, and the fire alarm goes off at 3am. Lastly, classes for my major at the campus I live at would be fantastic, but that is not the case.

The longer I'm at school and living on campus, the less I find that I like about the school. The RA's and SGA do alot to keep you occupied, but a lot of the events aren't that great or well-attended. The only real positive that is constant at Berkeley is the small size of the classes and the Berkeley Advantage (get a four year degree in three years).

Stavroula

My classmates are loud, demading, and often they seem distracted by their fellow classmates and the college excitement.

I did not have the classic, movielike, high school experience. I had no enemies, minial drama, and lots of friends. I had my close friends, but I was also had a good relationship with the rest of my class. I never got in to trouble, i stayed away from the parties, and troubles. My senior year was a great time, I made it through the college application stress, and my SATs pretty smoothly. Looking back the only thing I wish I could have done differently, would have been to sit down and decide what I truely wanted to study in college. Although Ive always known I wanted to have a career in the Healthcare field, I was unsure of what specifically. Luckily, my indecision did not hold me back. However, I would have been far more focused on my first two years of college, if I just took the time to really decide what I wanted to do.

The best thing about Berkeley is the small classes. Each teacher knows their students by name, and the small classes allows students to build a good relationship with teachers. In addition, students can easily communicate with their teachers, when they have questions about class, work, life or even future career information

jessica

The advice i would give myself is that, no matter how hard it gets, just keep going with my head up high. The days where things are hard will eventually work out as long as i never give up.

Ysmaldo

My classmates are very helpful and encouraging.

My classmates are very helpful and encouraging.

My school is best known for the supporting students.

Students need to start early. They shouldn't worry about so much about how expensive the school is. There is so much help out there that could help you with school. Also, apply for more that one school and visit the schools.

Be sure to research the university/ college they will be attending.

Be sure to research the university/ college they will be attending.

Classes are small, professors are most focused on every single student.

They are very well diverse individuals that I can learn a lot from.

They are very well diverse individuals that I can learn a lot from.

I would tell the parents to let the children choose the school because at the end of the day it is them who is going to be going there and if they go because their parents wanted them to go to that school then they will not like the college experience and they may end up resenting their parents for it later on.

Berkeley College-Woodland Park administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.