Berkeley College-Woodland Park Top Questions

KIM

I WOULD SAY THAT GETTING A DEGREE IS WORTH SOMETHING AND BEING SUCCESSFUL IS THE KEY TO A BETTER LIFE.

Nisha

I have learned at relating to my major (business) I definitely feel prepared and when I graduate I know I will have the skills and understanding I will need to not only succeed but exceed in my field.

serena

I have gotten a whole new outlook on life because of my college experience. I love the fact that i got to higher my education because thier are many people that havent got to do so. Also i have learned so many things while in school it could go on forever. Some of the things i have learned is: Responsiblity, Critical thinking, Independence

Wilson

I have been in college for a year now and am close to graduating with an Associates in Broadcasting and I have gotten much more involved in radio then I ever would have had I not gone to college. This experience has taught me not only about radio, but about who am I as a radio person. I was never the type to speak loud, wasn't much of a talker at all, but I've learned in college that there is much more to radio then just talking. There is a whole technical side to it that I excel in and plan to continue to pursue has I get closer to graduating. It has been valuable to attend because I have done things in my college that will give me an edge agaisn't those that might be applying for a job from another college. I have also been to many seminars teaching me how to network, which I've been doing also in college, and how the radio industry is changing with the times. It's overall been an amazing time at my college and I plan to go for my Bachelors after this graduation.

jessica

I have gotten an educatuon and friends for a lifetime with my college experience. I moved half way around the country to be where im at and i wouldnt change that. Yes i wish i had a better college experience but i know this is valuable because im going to get a good job and have a better future.

charles

I have attended multiple colleges in the last five years after graduation. What I have gotten out of my college experience is that you cannot succeed without one major thing, MOTIVATION. I have seen many students, myself included, fail horribly at tasks that are not at all difficult. There is one simple thing to keep in mind if you are not motivated. (It has taken me many years to learn this) One must be in control of his/her mind. Meaning, that one must identify poisonous thaughts and eliminate them by discounting them and replacing them with better thaughts. This will purpose one to maintain a positive attitude especially about oneself. This is very difficult when one has been making excuses and putting themselves down for years. To maintain this one must everyday give thanks for what he/she has. Especially for the strengths that he/she has naturally been given. When one focuses on his/her own strengths instead of the weaknesses and failures he/she will find themselves becoming more and more positive, and more and more motivated because of the high self esteem that one will build by doing this.

Judy

During the past year in college, I have learned something I never exptected to: I have learned that I didn't even know what I didn't know. My detractors might say that they knew all along how vast that category was. I, however, did not, until I decided to return to college to complete my undergraduate degree. It surprises me how little depth I had in certain subjects, like philosophy, where the names Plato or Socrates meant little. Rather than nodding sheepishly when either name comes up, now I am able at least to differentiate between the two and understand their significance to the development of that discipline as well as religion. What's most valuable to me was learning the theory behind the profession I have pursued and been successful in: communications. From journlaism to public relations, I knew I was communicating. But until taking a Human Communications class, I didn't realize how communications actually works, how people "hear" what is being communicated. Overall, attending college has added the polish to my life experience that I hope will help define the next phase of my life and career.

Lalita

I have gotten just what I expected and more out of attending Berkeley College. I have not only met a ton of new friends, I have also had GREAT professor who really care about me and my fellow students passing the course and obtaining a degree. I am currently a sophomore and cannot wait to finish and get my degree. I have to say the most valuable thing I have taken from this experience is the fact that I am actually learning and retaining the information I am learning. I was not always a big fan of going to high school and dreaded attending any higher education, but my time here at Berkeley College Online has been a wonderful experience and I couldnt imagine doing it any other way now. I have mantained a GPA of 3.4 or higher every semester and that says a lot when my high school GPA was considerably lower. I look forward to every week of school so that I can learn something I didnt know before. I absolutely love Berkeley and will refer them to anyone trying to obtain a degree at a later age or just out of high school.

Micuerlange

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME, I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO GET BETTER GRADES IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO PATICIPATE IN MORE ACTIVITYS AT SCHOOL. I WOULD SAVE MORE AND PREPARE MORE FOR COLLEGE.

Susan

Knowing what I do now about life and my experiences at college, I would advise myself to apply to and visit more colleges that way I could get a better feeling for different institutions. I would also tell myself that I have the best friends possible, and even though I didn't always make wise choices in friends, I still wound up with the best roommate anyone could have. Despite all of the complaints and challenges I faced so far, I would still tell myself to follow my heart and choose the school that feels like home. There is no sense of going to a college that feels like an institutional jail cell. Even though I would miss the finer things in life, such as home cooked food, a shower that worked all of the time, and my friends at home, I would still tell myself that moving into the dorms, getting involved in the SGA, and making new friends from various places all over the world is the best thing I could ever do at this point in my life.

Stavroula

I did not have the classic, movielike, high school experience. I had no enemies, minial drama, and lots of friends. I had my close friends, but I was also had a good relationship with the rest of my class. I never got in to trouble, i stayed away from the parties, and troubles. My senior year was a great time, I made it through the college application stress, and my SATs pretty smoothly. Looking back the only thing I wish I could have done differently, would have been to sit down and decide what I truely wanted to study in college. Although Ive always known I wanted to have a career in the Healthcare field, I was unsure of what specifically. Luckily, my indecision did not hold me back. However, I would have been far more focused on my first two years of college, if I just took the time to really decide what I wanted to do.

jessica

The advice i would give myself is that, no matter how hard it gets, just keep going with my head up high. The days where things are hard will eventually work out as long as i never give up.

Ysmaldo

Students need to start early. They shouldn't worry about so much about how expensive the school is. There is so much help out there that could help you with school. Also, apply for more that one school and visit the schools.

Be sure to research the university/ college they will be attending.

I would tell the parents to let the children choose the school because at the end of the day it is them who is going to be going there and if they go because their parents wanted them to go to that school then they will not like the college experience and they may end up resenting their parents for it later on.

anita

Visit every school and most importantly, speak with current students because they will give you the best answer about the school. If i would have spoken to sudents, I would have chosen a different school. the staff will always make the school sound better than it is.

Research your colleges, go take the tours, make sure its where you child wants to go, not where you want them to go because its four years of their life and they have to be happy. Money shouldn't be the problem either most college students take out loans and are awarded finiancial aid. Make your child happy by letting them be where they want to be.

Raquel

Make sure that you do the research on the colleges that you plan on attenting, make sure you visit the campus to see whats going on and make sure you happy where ever you go and ask yourself am I going to get everything i need here?

Desiree

Make sure the student has decided what school THEY want to attend and what THEY want to do with their lives. You can't force them into something they don't want to do when it'll only end in wasted money and skipping classes. As a student, make a list of what you want out of the college you want to attend and base your choice off of that list, not anything else about the school (like who goes there, where it's located, etc.).

Annamarie

All colleges will cost a great amount of money but the future will hold so much more and by chosing the right college you can experince a greater future for you and your family. Even if you chose a college and later on feels like it is not right for you, you can always transfer your credits to another college.

jANICE

LOOK INTO SCHOOLS THAT ARE DIVERSE, OFFER A VARIETY OF CLASSES, AND HAVE SMALLER POPULATIONS. STUDENTS WILL FIT IN BETTER IF THE POPULATION IS SMALLER.

whitney

Research college choices meticuoulsy and financial aid assistance. Students should get involved in school activities and participate in class. They should also have contact with their career counsles as much as possible. Don't buy books from school; use half.com to buy books. The books are 80{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} off list price at half.com. Use fastweb.com to find and apply for scholarships because you will need all the scholarships you can get. College is really expensive so its wise to get and apply for as my scholarships that you can find. You don't necessaily need a definite major as a college freshmen; try out a few courses the first year to see what you like. Don't let money lead you; pick a major that you are passionate about. For example, if you like to write poems or short stories then Journalism is the right major for you. Making a lot of money won't make you happy if you don't like your job.

Marisa

Make sure you research everything especially the activities that your child loves to be invloved in; sometimes that is the motivation they need to stay in focus with their learning.

Dont let your worries consume you

jacqueline

I think you should take your time and think about what you could see your self doing in the next ten years. Make a wise decison when it comes to picking a career. It's good to get advice, but at the end of the day your the one that's going to have to do all the work and at end you'll have that wonderful sweet sucess. Stay focus and don't give up even if it might seem impossible theres always a way!