Berklee College of Music Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Berklee College of Music

Clara

A really good school i would definaly recomend, help u ad lot to sing lwt y mdjd sgu shsb djud hjhjjm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Melissa

I'm happy to say that my first year at berklee was a success. What I was most impressed with was the people and faculty. The RA's cared for my well-being and the teachers went out of their way to make sure I grasped every bit of information they threw at me. I can't wait for what's to come in the next following years and after I graduate from Berklee.

Jordyn

It's a decent school. The curriculum is awesome and they really focus on your major. However, if I were you, I would pick up some jazz chops because you will be overlooked if you're not a jazz musician/singer. Also have your money ready years in advance because they will barely work with you to try and cover the costs.

Luna

Amazing School! Would recommend to anyone who wishes to become a professional musician. The teachers are incredibly helpful and strive to let their students succeed. The resources and connections are brilliant, there are always master classes and amazing musicians who come in and out of the buildings to give the students insight on what it is really like to work in the industry. The environment is also incredibly relaxed in regards to competition. The students are not set to be in competition with each other but rather themselves, everyone strives to become the best musician they can be and try to stay away from comparing themselves to others or putting down their peers' work.

Breanna

Class sizes are good. Extremely corrupt and overpriced. Student body doesn't have much say in anything.

Alex

Berklee is all about what YOU put in. It costs so much, and you don't want that money to go down the hole, right? There is always a place for you, with different clubs, groups, ensembles, etc. Thus, you have to be motivated and put your all into what you do. There may only be ~5k students, but being a music school, everyone does music. You need to find what separates you from the others in order to make it in the field you want to go into. The more you put into your education, the more you'll get out of it here. Good luck :D

lynell

My experience here so far has been great. The school is in a great location. The staff is excellent. It also has a very friendly environment. The facilities are top notch, especially the Music production and engineering department. Overall it's probably one of the best music schools in the world.

Lily

Great college of music meeting great performors from all over the world. Small classes great teachers.who take the time to teach us all there is to know about the music career. In the great town of Boston which has so much history .being so close to NY is another great part with so churches near by.

Shirleen

Berklee College of Music is the place you want to be if you want to kickstart your way into the music industry. What some people only think is that the school is there to make it easier to make it in the industry someday.. Which it is, but it's really much more than that. It's there for you to work hard, use it to your advantage, and get it to the next step. You can sit back thinking the college is going to do the dirty work for you, or once you graduate, think that the paper you call a dipoma will speak for you. Because it won't. WORK if you want to make it.

alexis

In my opinion, Berklee College of Music has a lot of different opportunities for students to get involved in. Berklee teaches the students different areas in the music business. Berklee also prepares the students for the work force after the graduate so that they are advanced in their business

I am in love with Berklee. It's located right in the heart of Boston, the Back Bay area to be exact, and give students not only several oportunities within the school to perform and grow as musicians, but off campus too with easy access to different venues and chances to get their name out. I personally intend on getting my Bachelor of Music with the focus on Music Production and Engineering. Berklee's MP&E department has just been ranked #1 by College Magazine, and the department is still constantly growing and updating itself to help students meet and pass the music industry standard for engineers and producers. Berklee offers several other majors for it's talented student body and even give students the chance to essentially create their own major with the Professional Music major. The community found at Berklee is one of inclusion and support. The student body loves supporting one and other in every way they can, whether it be attending a show, sharing their original projects, or even helping other record their material. Overall, I am extremely happy and proud to be apart of such an amazing community and education program. Berklee College of Music is a college willing to help every student reach their goals and make their dreams come true.

Nakya

I've been wanting to attend this college for a while now. I love how many of great come from this school.I would love to attend so i can learn more about what i want to major in.

Zoe

Attending Berklee College of Music was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Although the price tag for the education is extremely high, I thoroughly believe that the education is worth it. Just within the first semester, I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. Definitely would recommend, especially because you are getting what you pay for.

Genevieve

Berklee College of Music has enhanced my creativity tenfold. I am always challenged and inspired by both the faculty and my peers. I have never met more passionate people in my life and they inspire me to be the best version of myself. Every time I feel like giving up, someone is there to remind me that uphill battles are worth it. I truly believe Berklee has changed me for the better.

Andrea

It's difficult to find professors who don't take this as a secondary job to their gigging. Although it's nice to know our teachers are actively playing music, a lot of the time, the lessons get off topic and seem unimportant to professors. However, there are a handful of incredible professors, it's just not always easy to snag them before they fill up. In addition, making connections and collaborations can also be hard because most people are there for their solo work. You can find players to play for you, but a committed band is so hard to get because everyone is always so maxed out by the classwork, they can't rehearse often. If you can come here to learn, and give it your all, and ignore the ego scene and just do you, then it's not a bad idea to go to Berklee.

Claudia

The college has an amazing arts scene! Well, that's to be expected out of a music college. It's definitely a school you will fall in love with within a few minutes of being there. The people there are super chill and dedicated. Literally music pouring out of every room. You'll never feel bored while your at Berklee!

Dominique

Berklee is an amazing school for the musician that wants to take his/her career to the highest level possible! You have to be willing to put the work in and take advantage of all of the opportunities this amazing place has to offer and when you do, you won’t regret your decision!

Nathaniel

It's hard to not sound bitter when one writes a bad review about anything but I just want to honestly warn prospective students what it' s really like. If you are already amazing at your craft (i.e. production, song-writing) than you will have access to your teachers and amazing facilities here. However, if you are interested in learning from a beginner/intermediate level then you will basically get put in the corner and scoffed at anytime you want to do something (like record in the Berklee studios, meet with your teachers, form a band). The faculty is only interested in the amazing artists (roughly 3% of the school) for promotional purposes and uses the other 97% to pay for it. The catch-22 is that if you are already that good at your craft then you don't really need to attend this school in the first place. If you have a large scholarship or just money to burn then why not, but do not go into debt for this college. Make no mistake, college is a business, and the bubble will burst soon. If you are trying to be a scientist, doctor, lawyer, etc. than you will need school. If you really want to pursue music than take 1/12 of the money you were planning on spending here and put it into private lessons whether it be with your instrument, technology, etc. You will thank me. P.S. There are obviously some reviews on this site from faculty/investors so be advised when you see reviews like "set in the heart of beautiful back bay", "The most prestigious music school" etc.

Yeah Rang

Berklee College of Music is a very unique and an astonishing school. You can learn so much from​ the professors and really deepen your musical knowledge. Though the housing in Boston is expensive, the overall education in Berklee College of Music is amazing.

Mingus

eyyyy

Sakari

I'd dreamed about attending Berklee College of Music since I was in 7th grade. The closer I got to applying to colleges, the more far-fetched my dreams seemed to be. "It's impractical to be a music major in an economy like ours." "It's just music, it must be so fun to play at school all day." These misconceptions almost swayed me to taking a more traditional approach to college. My decision was made the day I stepped foot onto campus for my tour. I knew right then that spending the next four years or so of my life at Berklee College of Music would be the best decision I'd ever make. I'm learning far more about music than I ever thought existed, and I have the support system of a faculty and staff who are unequivocally dedicated to working toward the success of each individual student. I could never have imagined all of the challenges I'd face as a student, as a musician, and as a young woman finding her way at this institution. But I can say full well that there's no where in the world that I'd get the education, exposure, or experiences that I've had at Berklee College of Music. Before I'd even been accepted at this college I held it at the highest esteem, and after spending some time here, it has yet to disappoint me.

Baris Dogukan

My dreams come true.

Overall an artistically challenging environment for musicians that excels outside the classroom. Housing department is a bit all over the place. Extremely expensive but worth it for the musical connections made. Fellow students have been very open, encouraging, and helpful.

Joyce

I love Berklee. My overall experience with student, teachers and the environment around have been great so far. Its very busy and academic but there is room enough to do other things. Its a great school and i love it there. I would highly recommend it to students looking for a creative arts and musical school

Bobby

So, I've attended and completed two of Berklee's Five Week Summer Programs. I had a blast. I love the community of musicians who love to work an the teachers teach with passion. The facilities and resources offered at the college are top of the line. The experience was so great to me that I decided to enroll for the Spring of 2018. I look forward to attending!

Jacob

I cannot wait to start college here. My campus visit was amazing and I already love it. I have already gotten to know some of the professors, one even remembered me when we ran into one another on the city bus. This is going to be the best experience, I just know it.

Tai

Berklee has a very inclusive and collaborative environment where it's easy to study and find some help on certain subjects using the free tutoring provided. Although the faculty can be disorganized, Berklee will give any music student the knowledge and opportunity to make it in today's music industry. As long as you're ready to study hard and practice even harder.

Evad

Berklee College of Music is definitely like no other institution I have been to. The facilities are top class, there are always events being held, and it is a harmonious environment to study, live and work in. From my experience, for the most part, the teachers are genuinely interested in our overall well-being and they take an wholistic approach to our academic success. Berklee is what a music school should be like and even better!

Nell

Berklee offers the widest range of music oriented classes in the country. I have learned so much in just one year and I have been able to apply this knowledge both in and outside of the classroom. There are so many extra curricular activities that students can join and the campus life is very comfortable. Teachers are generally assessable at anytime and are always eager to help. The school also offers free tutoring that covers a large range of the classes offered. The class sizes are very small which makes for a good personal and comfortable vibe in the classroom. I love being a student here and cannot wait for the upcoming year!

The community is amazing. It is one of the most positive and exciting schools I have ever visited. The campus is beautiful and is also in one of the most historically rich and gorgeous cities in the country. There is never a boring moment. Music floods through the halls, and everyone supports each other. I cannot wait to join the freshman incoming class, the class of 2023!

IOANNIS

Is the best place in the world for contemporary music for students to learn the skills necessary to forge their careers in the music industry. Berklee’s students are truly learning from today’s music leaders and work directly and collaboratively with artists, writers, musicians, and fellow engineers and producers to complete high-quality recordings in modern professional production environments. From a technical perspective, ystudents are learning the finer points of the craft, from recording session set up and microphone placement, to large-format console signal flow, mix-down, mastering, and professional studio protocol

Alexandria

I am eager to discover all that it has to offer this upcoming semester and from what I have seen I am impressed with the university. I've heard that the professors are amazing, student life is very active, and there is so much to learn. I cannot wait!

Sylvia

Berklee College of Music is an amazing place for musicians from all over the world to come together and collaborate. Being at Berklee gives musicians an amazing opportunity to learn from the best musicians there have ever been. In addition to this is allows all students to explore genres outside of what they're comfortable with. Berklee is great for achieving high levels of musicianship, connecting with other musicians, and learning about the different aspects of the music world.

Carla

Berklee is a great school. I think there is a variety of majors and minors to chose from to maximize your education. All the departments are there to help students thrive. Berklee has at least 2 to 3 shows daily that students can watch. They also have speakers from a variety of fields come in and talk to the students. Overall, everyone is friendly and extremely talented. There is a lot of friendly competition. The dining services at Berklee are phenomenal. All three dining halls offer students healthy food options and have options for students with a restrictive diet like Gluten free. If there is a holiday or a special occasion, the dining halls will have decorations and food catered to that event.

Tommy

Berklee College of Music is really the place to be if you're looking to head into any sort of contemporary music career. It is well-established, and has an impressive track record of highly successful musicians. It definitely knows its track record, and uses this reputation (like many other schools) to charge extremely high tuition for students. The city itself is also high in terms of cost-of-living. I would recommend attending here if you can afford to go, or have a hefty scholarship to pay for it.

Andres

It's safe to say that is definitely the best music school that you could attend to, and It definitely has the best programs and facilities. Everyone at the college is so nice, the professors are incredibly great, the students are great and talented, and the classrooms, rehearsals rooms, and stages are very well equipped with excellent gear so you can play music the way it is. Classes are productive, fun, and interesting. Such an amazing place to study, you are going to have a smile every time you enter the college for sure!!

Ellie

excellent school. dedicated teachers. great environment. berklee is always where i wanted to be. it helps me express my creative side. it is also now part of boston conservatory which is a plus for me. you get the best of both worlds, classical and comtemproary music training.

Rene

Love this college. The professors are very knowledgeable and passionate about what they teach about. The education had helped me grow as a musician and when I say that I just see the with my music. I’ve been a musician for 12 years and with everything I’ve learned so far it’s makes me fall in love with music again because I feel like my music has been taken to another level.

Giselle

Its a college so there is always room for improvement; yet the seem to know that and each semester they’re making changes for the better. I love the area its in, so many great resturants and supermarkets right there. However there’s a big problem with the homeless in boston. In front of the 160 and 150 building there are at least 5 homeless always there.

Kai-Alexander

As a student of Berklee College of Music, this school has been my safe haven while being away from home. All throughout my life of school, I've never felt like I've fit in with a certain group of people and never felt appreciated for who I am and what I do because of my disability (aspergers). I finally now have another place to call home, and it's been good to me ever since.

Kyle

I love it. I wasn’t planning on going to college until I came across it, and visited the campus. My dreams revolve around what the school prides itself on, and on top of that, it’s in one of the coolest cities in the United States. I’ve never been to the east coast until then, and Of course there’s pros and cons, but I’d have no problem creating a life there.

Denver

Berklee College of Music is a great school to attend. The students and faculty really foster an overall sense of belonging and encouragement. Berklee will always be the Number one contemporary music school in the world!

Andrew

Berklee College of Music is a school full of highly intellectual musicians who only go to learn and to expand in their music careers. The staff/faculty will do anything to help students achieve their goals and turn them into amazing musicians. The only thing I have to say that is bad about the school, is that there are parts of the facilities that lacked good quality, and to me that is a very bad thing considering each student is paying $60,000 each year to attend. Other than that, the people were bright, friendly, informative, and the quality of life is good. The meals served at Berklee are wholesome and nutritious as well.

Jackson

I think that it is a great college and I am learning a lot. There is a lot of fun things to do and a lot of fun people to meet and a lot of great things to learn and a lot of great teachers and the food is good and the housing is very good and I am having a great time.

Bella

I adore being a Berklee student. The faculty are so supportive and it is easy to establish good rapport among the professors if you make an effort and are proactive about your major. Also, the faculty and staff are from all over the world so you can speak different languages with them and learn from many different perspectives which provides a more well-rounded education.

Diji

I think Berklee College of Music is the best music school in the U.S,, maybe the world. It has its flaws, but what doesn't? In this school, due to the thousands of resources, and amazing people to connect with, this place is a one of a kind facility. I've been able to grow so much in the short time I've been here.

Zion

Berklee College of Music is a very fitting school for a person loves to listen and play music. The people there are nice and everyone has at least one thing in common and that is the love for music. The food is amazing and the campus is right in the middle of the city so there are many sites to see for people that love to walk around. Also, the professors​ are great and really care about your success and they want to see you do big things.

Chrissy

It is a safe atmosphere, and everyone is here for the same reason; Our love for music. The teachers are all really great, and they keep regular office hours in case you need their help. The teachers here are very laid back, and are honestly more like friends than professors. I currently live in a dorm, and I love it. I have no complaints. There are 24 hour practice rooms right down the hall from me, and the cafeteria is open from 8 am to 9pm.

Jacian

The Berklee College of Music is one of the best musical colleges in the country. Berklee provides more than enough opportunities to find your craft when it comes to any kinds of music. Berklee surpasses the ¨nay-sayers¨ when it comes to dreams, and provides teachings from the most professional teachers in music. if your passion consists of guitar, music theory, ear training, electronic, jazz, blues, or any other kinds of music field, Berklee will give you the best methods to make your craft outstanding.