Pittsfield, MA
Berkshire Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Berkshire Community College

Kati

BCC is good place to get prerequisites out of the way, especially if you have a college in mind and know the equivalents. It's a great school to achieve a human services/social work degree and then advance to a higher degree through them with their partnership through Elms College.

chelsea

This is my first year at Berkshire Community College. I was very skeptical of going to a community college because I wasn't sure how far it would get me. I am currently preparing my second semester at Berkshire Community College, and I am more excited than ever! Everyone is really great, I have had so much help on the way, BCC has really turned my life around for the better.

Brianna

I personally believe Berkshire Community College is a good stepping stone. BCC is by no means the only stop in your college education but it is a good and affordable place to start. For those not yet sure or not yet able to afford a major university, BCC is a great place to gather your thoughts and save some money. It is not a top tier school by any means and it doesn't provide too great of an academic challenge but I believe for some people it is a necessary step. Overall I would rate it quite well.

Deirdre
Solid community college

Solid community college

The staff is very supportive. There's no more or less red-tape bureaucracy than any other college. There are plenty of activities. Most faculty are ready to help any time you ask.

We all remember the pounding heart, sweaty palms, rapid breathing and unfilitered emotions that came with waking down the corrider of our high school knowing we made it, we were finally seniors! But if I could go back in time, I would give myself a lot of adivce. First and most importantly, I would express the importance of procrasintation. College does not wait for anyone, with mulitple classes and students, college professors are not as flexible as high school teachers. They will not wait for you to retype a paper your "dog ate". I would express the importance of obtaining a part time job also, becuase books and expenses are not cheap. Saving up for unforseen costs during the summer after high school is extremely important. But, the most important thing I could tell my senior self, is to never give up on my dreams. There is and always will be teachers and students who are wishing for your downfall, but rising above the doubter is what will get you where you want to be in life. Life is too short, go after what you want. Time will pass no matter what, make it worth while!

The worst thing about the school is the waitlist for programs such as the nursing one. Alot of applicants apply every year, and if you get waitlisted, its another whole year hoping you get in. It's really stressful.

When I tell my friends about the school, I love to brag about the flexibility of the classes that the school offers. Its great for those who have to work and go to school.

Shai

"Take the wonderful opportunity college provides, and make an effort to meet others, regardless of your first impression." These are the words I would have liked to hear before entering college, and words that I tell my friends completing high school. Entering a campus and environment that fosters high expectations and a rich community of friendships is a gift. Education is one of the best ways to change your life and make it your own. Learning to laugh, studying till the wee hours of the morning, and discussing the modern forms of evaluation have given me exciting topics for thought and writings. I wish I had opened my heart more, had given myself more of the opportunity to explore the activities and people on campus, and to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. And yet, everyone student has a learning curve, and eventually, we are given the option of changing ourselves for future experiences, or waiting passively to see what life will bring to us. I say, "Make your decisions actively! Take the power of adulthood and create what you want to see in the world, starting with your prospective and communication with those around you."

The enthusiastic teachers and staff and the wonderful students

Someone who is going because others are pressuring him/her, not because he/she wants to attend

Shai

Creative, talented, fun, interesting, informative, and sometimes bored.

Creative, talented, fun, interesting, informative, and sometimes bored.

"No matter what happens, don’t give up!” These are the words that I want to tell every student who graduates high school and is waiting anxiously for the college experience to begin. Education is meant to help us think as individuals, find something fulfilling to do in our lives, and eventually contribute to changing the world. It is nearly impossible to help something move forward if we are afraid of change, either in the environment or in ourselves. As a college student, you have the opportunity to be accountable for your actions, and to participate in activities that are meaningful. Don't let others tell you what is important. Make that decision for yourself, and take with you those who care and think alike. By finding other unsure and interested students, and forming a collaboration with a diverse group of students, you will all become stronger. Not only will you be helping others, but forming your own support network and feeling more secure within yourself. As Dr. Seuss once said, “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

That the overall student population was bimodal.

Samuel.B.Akumfi

known for contributing to the community in voluntary works and its liberal art studies

Early bird catches the worm.College is not a new world its just a stage of the educational life where you can improve and learn about adulthood and the working world.Let us make sure we are able to manage our time very well because if you know what time to play and what time to work , everything should go well.study hard work hard and God bless. Thank you

a sense of togetherness that both the student body and teachers bring.It makes the student feel at home and never alone thus theres always people ready to help one in anyway,

Wendy

I think Berkshire Community College has been a great educational experience for me and this is my second time being enrolled and I have learned a great deal from my professors.

I would tell myself to embrace college life and not to be afraid of it. That you will meet new friends and great professors that help guide you through one of the most memorable moments in your life. Not to let non-serious students influence and misguide you from your real reason for college. Work hard and show your true educational strengths because it will pay off in the end. Not to settle for second best, go all the way and get a Masters degree. If you get knocked down get back up, brush yourself off, and keep your head held high. Keep in mind how your education is the key to your success and future. Always keep moving forward with a positive attitude. Be patient, kind, and compassionate because without these traits who are you. To set your goals high and always strive to acheive them because the only way to get there from here is through hard work and perseverance. Treat people the way you want to be treated with honesty, respect, and integrity. Always look to better yourself through education and take the risk to be all that you can be. Only you can make your destiny.

On a few ocassions they have lost my paperwork and I feel I can't mail them that valuable information so I hand deliver it to them. Some classes are only available during the day and it makes it hard for the working person to attend.

Amber

The professors. Most of the professors have spent more time working in the field then they have being professors. This makes them better professors becuase they can tell their students what it is really like to work in the fields you are studying. I found that these kind of professors also expect more from their students which pushes you to excel.

I don't know that i would go back in time and talk to myself as a sinior in high school because the experiences that i had helped me figure out what i wanted to do with my profession. However if i chose to i would tell myself first to make sure i keep my grades up because a high GPA is important if you want to transfer. It can also open many opportunities for things like internships and scholorships. Secondly i would tell myself to make sure i go to all my classes every day. It is really easy to feel like you don't need to show up to class when there are so many students in a class. Simply being in a room with other students hearing someone talk about a subject makes studying easier and less time consuming. I also learned that note taking helps students remember the content better. I began at a big university that i had to leave because it was unaffordable, which led me to a community college and eventually on the carrier path i am on now. I am giong to UMASS amherst next semester to study wildlife biology.

The administration. I have had to figure out what classes i needed to take every semester because the advisors told me to take classes that i did not need for the first and second semester. i had to take a test in the testing center for one of my online classes but i was not able to because it is only open until noon i have class from 9am to 2pm. There is a lot of opportunity at the college but the administration does not make it available to the students unless you ask for extra help.

Berkshire Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.