Berry College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Berry College

Allee

I absolutely love it! With 27,000 acres to roam and explore there is never a shortage of outdoor adventure to be had. Classes are small which makes it an enjoyable learning experience and also helps in getting to know your classmates. I was recruited to play golf for Berry but I know that I would be happy here even if I were not playing. Berry is a very close knit community that focuses on the success of each student and makes everyone feel welcome. I am so blessed that I was chosen to attend such an amazing school and am thankful that my college experience will be one I will treasure always.

Anthony

It is a wonderful place. It has been a second home from me from the moment I attended orientation. I have grown so much in my time here. With all of my experiences thus far, whether good or bad, I can say that I don't regret a single thing. There are some things I could complain about, but most of it is really just part of being an adult and are just my personal qualms about things.

Ethan

Berry College is an incredibly campus in every aspect. The most notable thing about Berry is the size of the campus, which is around 27,000 acres. This leads into the student body being extremely active in sports and other events across campus. Often you will see students playing soccer, basketball, volleyball, and especially frisbee across campus. Aside from recreational activities we have an excellent staff at Berry. The professors are always available to help students in and outside of the classroom. They have available times to discuss anything during their office hours, and then a majority of the professors will make time to meet outside of their office hours if need be. Helping the students are there number one goal. Berry is also home to an extensive student work program, which allows students to be paid doing a variety of work from working on the grounds crew doing landscaping, to working side by side to with a professor to gain research or teaching experience. Berry College offers a wide array of educational opportunities in the classroom and outside of the classroom. The school adheres to its motto "Head, Heart, and Hands" , which means we use our heads to learn in the classroom, our heart to work with one another, and use our hands to help the college. I would recommend Berry to anyone aspiring to get a well rounded education from an incredible faculty.

Nicole Lea

As a freshman, I've had the opportunity to explore so much of Berry's life already. Berry was recently the 1st ranked college in BuzzFeed's 25 of the most beautiful colleges in the world. Berry is so Beautiful and anyone who visits there is just enchanted. From the castles of the Ford Complex, to the high tech gear of the Cage Center, Berry is like no other college. It's the world's Largest Campus, but don't let that fool you, Berry is a top rate small feel college. Gen Ed classes are maxed out at 30, and every professor knows you by name.

Ivy

Berry College has a beautiful campus with a unique community. The campus is the first thing that many people notice. With flowers blooming, deer milling, and birds chirping, this campus is perfect for reading outside, playing ultimate frisbee, or going for a jog. Although Berry College is the world's largest campus, the community itself is very small. This can be a good thing but has its pitfalls. Because the student population is so small, the classes are much more interactive and students can make connections with their professors. However, there is not much diversity within the community. Although the community can be more welcoming than others, some new students can feel as if they don't "fit in". Berry College holds its students to a high standard, especially academically. The school work is rigorous but enjoyable. Our professors are amazing at their jobs and love their students. Berry College is a dry campus but some students drink and smoke on campus. Most students consider it unwise to partake in such activities on-campus and go off-campus if they want to indulge. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my time at Berry College. The setting is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the work is challenging. I don't think Berry is for everyone, but it's perfect for me.

Wayne

My family and I visit here quite often. Although, we have some complaints. With all of the tree destruction, Berry feels less and less welcoming. Trees disappear, as do the animals witch are often seen around the grounds. There is less shade and more blazing sun. In hot weather, this can be a problem. Also, the bountiful wild blackberry bushes have been uprooted, along with a few blueberry bushes. All the joy of finding wild berries and have shade to sit and talk, and seeing beautiful trees that have taken years to grow, have quickly died. By the Reservoir, concrete steps have replaced a beautiful, natural path. Now, if one was to fall, they would not have the support of the surrounding trees or their roots to get hold of. Instead, they would fall, and not be able to regain balance. I apologize for the long review, but please, take note of this. -Julianna age 13, 7/23/16

Ashlyn

I love Berry! There are so many activities on campus and so many things to get involved in. It is small enough that you can know a lot of people and professors really care about their students. The campus is so large though that there is always something to explore and do!

Haley

Berry College is a wonderful place to meet great people, enjoy scenery and nature, feel safe, have intelligent conversations, become friends with professors, get a great education, explore many different opportunities that are given to you, and to figure out who you are and who you want to be. An overall wonderful school, just a bit expensive.

Courtney

Berry College is it's own little world. Berry's campus is 27,000 acres, but only has 2,000 students which creates a close-knit environment that we like to call the "Berry Bubble." This nickname may seem exclusive, but Berry is very much centered around serving the community around us. Berry has everything, from accessible professors to thousands of deer roaming the campus. It truly is a unique experience to be a part of the Berry community. The opportunities at Berry and beyond are endless. Berry's push for rigorous academics and well-rounded servant-leadership is a step in the right direction for success. I can't wait to take everything I have learned and grown in during my time at Berry and apply it in my life and career. Here's to Berry and beyond!

Jeffrey

Way to expensive, on "college tuition start class.com" they agree. For a four year student living on campus at $45,880 a year that's $183,520 with interest you'll pay back two-hundred thousand dollars. Live at home ? You'll avoid dorm fees and pay $146,116. Again, with interest on a loan you'll pay back almost $200,000.00. Now here's where it gets bad; when you graduate. The average student who graduate from Berry College will only make a relatively low median salary 10 years after graduation of $38,100 per year (college Tuition Start Class.com). This means you'll be paying on this loan for 60+years at the average payment of $200 per year. Now, Berry has programs, and grants that reduce your debt while in school, but other schools offer this as well. I worked at my University in the Information Technology department for all 4 years of my schooling and we also had (year long) weekly school events, and communities; Berry College it's not new you didn't invent these ideas (they act like there the only ones). The average debt of a college student is $60,000, with the grants I received, and early payments I knocked my debt down to $11,016 before graduating. Also, after graduation I got a job making a $50,000 a year in computer networking (Major: Information Systems Management) and my friend got a job as a Data Analyst ( Economics major) making $45,000 a year. We are making more than the average graduate from Berry College ($38,100) with little to no debt. Now I ask you, do you want to be competing for the same jobs as everyone else with triple the debt ? If Yes, go to Berry a very poor financial decision. When I visited Berry College, the speaker at the university was overly confident and cocky comparing Berry to Vanderbilt and Harvard; seriously no. Remember, Berry offers living communities weekly college events and campus jobs to work off your debt and grants; guess what, least cost Universities offer the same things. Berry is like, but smaller class sizes we have; indeed. My university has at most 15 - 25 students per class, and honors students need a 3.0 starting, have 10 students per class. Overall, go to cheaper university any other University or 4 year college will work as long as your not paying Berry's ridiculous costs and hearing a constant comparison of how there just like other Ivy league schools; their not. Your not losing anything other schools provide the same kind of programs and you'll be competing for the same jobs when you leave college. If you want farm school, go out of state to Colorado State University, or University of Wyoming its still cheaper than Berry, and their programs are some of the best in the nation. They think they are Harvard apparently, and unless you live near Rome, Ga nobody cares, or even know of Berry College's existence they are charging almost, an ivy league price without being ivy league and will leave you in massive debt; even if you work some off. http://college-tuition.startclass.com/l/960/Berry-College#Net%20Price&s=TQQTd

Alexis

Berry College is the place to go when looking for a family-like feel in college. The people are there to learn and to have an adventure, and that's what makes it an epic place to go to school. Professors are actually along for the ride with the students and will do anything to help.

Danielle

Berry College. It is beautiful and serine at first sight, and then upon entering the community no matter how much time is spent here it never ceases to amaze. The professors are always there to help even if it isn't during office hours. Everyone just wants to watch you succeed. Berry is my home and the community is my family.

Cristale

Despite the campus holding the record of one the most vast and beautiful landscapes in the country, I can’t say the same for the community. There’s kind of a niche for students who are are enrolled in Berry. Either you’re rich and have no worries how many times you major, or your hoping your student debt doesn’t extend pass the $100k mark after you graduate. On the bright side, I at least made some good friends who are as awkward as me.

Sara

Berry is an extremely overpriced college that tries to teach at an ivy league level but without the prestige attached. Professors are never there for office hours, even after scheduling appointments, they are often cancelled. The academic “success “ center is full of students who do not want to work real jobs and instead try to tutor students when they are hardly knowledgeable enough to be teaching or explaining class content. No diversity at Berry at all. If you’re rich, white and Christian you’ll fit right in, otherwise do not talk about your religious beliefs or you could lose shadowing and internship opportunities from your professors. The attendance policy for class is also so rigorous that missing 3 classes could make you automatically fail a course. I wish I had never went to Berry, it was a waste of one year and especially a waste of $50,000.

Valerie

Great college! Too expensive, but also teaches many valuable life lessons and provides an extremely supportive environment for learning. Mostly excellent professors that are dedicated to challenging students and pushing them to their individual limits. Loved my experience and wouldn't trade it for any other college!

Andrea Bianca

I love Berry College. The professors are always ready to help students, and there is always something to do. The students are always willing to help each other in academics and extracurricular activities. The campus makes me feel safe and proud that I stay on the largest campus in the world.

Baylee

I honestly love Berry College. From the classes, to the work program, to the overall atmosphere, it is honestly the best place for me to be. I can not imagine being at any other school, and I highly encourage every student looking for this specific type of education to strongly consider Berry.

Morgan

Berry College is a small, but not trivial, private school that has so much to offer. They offer lots of opportunities for students academically, socially, and personally. The classrooms are small and comfortable, making to easier to get to know your professor and ask questions or not get lost during class discussion. They have several majors to choose from and hundreds of classes pertaining to individual majors and interests. Berry is great about offering student activities during the year to help keep students morals up and not drowning in work. It's a great way to connect with people, and with it being a smaller school, keeps it easy to stay connected. Berry also offers clubs, counseling, tutoring, and academic advisors to help students throughout their college career. You'll not only gain the calming and peaceful benefits from being on one of the most beautiful and the largest campus (arguably) in the world but also being in such a close community where everyone feels welcome and safe.

Annie

It's fantastic! I love it here! Everyone (students, faculty, and staff) are all incredibly nice and helpful. The campus is beautiful, and even though it's in a small town you can generally find something to do. It's easy to make friends. Classes are challenging, but not too difficult.

This college has a very beautiful campus that accentuates the open atmosphere created by students and faculty. The small class sizes allow for closer relationships with other students and teachers. My main problem with this great college is its price. While affordable or equal compared to other liberal-arts colleges with a similar demographic, the price and financial aid combined were too much for me to pay.

Madison

Berry college seems to be extremely safe. Everyone around seems very well educated, positive and quite helpful. Students had nothing but praise for their professors and their accessibility. Students also bragged that their professors actually cared whether they show up for class and make good grades or not.

kayla

Berry College is a special place that fosters a creative environment and focuses on how students can better serve each other and their local community. We are all about giving back to the school and surrounding area which is accomplished through the support of our academic, athletic, and administrative staff.

Mark

Berry is an amazing school that provides tons of opportunity. This is a place that you can definitely call home. They treat you like family and you are always their priority. Definitely a place you can trust with your future. Also has the most beautiful campus ever.

Eileen

Berry has a very beautiful campus and the people who attend are very nice. The friends I have made here will last a lifetime. My professors are very helpful and love seeing me in office hours. The only downside is the lack of diversity and the tuition. Many people transfer because they can not afford it.

Hunter

Berry is definitely the place for me. I have never felt more at home at a college. The academics here are amazing. Professors are always available to meet, during office hours, or even during other times. I've had professors schedule extra office hours late night so students could get a chance to see them if they didn't have time during the say. Academics are rigorous, but doable if you're willing to put in the work. Most students graduate with a job or go to grad school within six months, which is why I chose Berry. Tons of majors (I'm a double major and double minor) and minors to choose from, students have a good choice. Small classes are also great. After interning at a D1 school this past summer, I've never been more grateful to be at a D3 where professors want to know us, and don't just have their post-doc students teach for them. There are tons of awesome events always on campus. We have one night where our Student Activities Center is turned into a casino, another where we have an actual carnival on campus, etc. KCAB and the other clubs host a lot of fun events on campus like those, and also movie nights, game nights, spa treatments, and so much more. They also do off campus events like bowling and skate nights too. Plus, recreation does a lot of fun hikes and other activities on and off campus, so that's super fun. Plus, tons of clubs and organizations on campus host events during the week and the weekend, so there is always something to do. No greek life, but with these activities, no one really wants it anyways . Food is okay. Dhall is way better now than when I got here, so I would say it's actually pretty decent now. My only complaint would be the lack of options, cause other than Dhall, it's only Chick-Fil-A, Subway, and Miso (sushi place). However, there are tons of great restaurants in Rome that Berry students get discounts at. Berry is also doing more to improve safety, so I feel a lot better about that now then I used to. The gatehouse makes sure unauthorized visitors aren't on campus, and everyone on campus valuers safety a lot in my opinion. Pol;ice are always patrolling to make sure everything is okay. Although religion is big at the school, it's okay to not be a part of it. Religion is not shoved down anyone's throat, and although you may hear about students hosting bible studies or an event at the College chapel, you're free to participate or not. I love the Chaplain on campus though, and there are tons of great religious groups on campus, if you're interested. Sports are super good. Football, softball, volleyball, and basketball are the best, although all of the teams are pretty good. Sports games are always super fun, and the pack the house events are always a great time to go hang out with friends and enjoy the game. Dorms are a little old, and some are kinda small, but that's mostly for freshmen, as they get a lot nicer as you move up. However, the residence halls are an awesome place to form communities, and you meet a lot of great friends and study partners on your hall. The dorms are a great place to just foster and form new friendships. Overall, Berry is an amazing place to study if you want small classes, a chance to actually know your professor (and conduct research with them), and find a small student body that truly cares about learning, but also about just having a good time at college.

Faith

Berry is situated in a teeny tiny town in the Northwest corner of Georgia. So if you want actual city or nightlife you will have to go to Atlanta or Chattanooga. But hey this is the prettiest campus I have ever seen, and I am still amazed seeing deer everyday. Getting past some inconveniences I have truly found a home at Berry. Classes are so tailored to students and their education department is superb. Even as a freshman I feel like I am making progress towards my degree and future career.

j

Kaylee

After visiting Berry college multiple times as well as other colleges I have made this my dream college. I loved the campus tours and how helpful they were of the questions I asked. The day I walked onto the college campus I knew it was for me. The deer, the old style housing, the gorgeous views and how welcoming the staff and students were . I hope to attend Berry after I graduate high school in spring of 2022. I cant wait for the new experiences and learning at Berry.

Berry College is a very special place to me. When I first walked on campus, I immediately fell in love with the scenery and soon the people. The professors are great and will be willing to help you learn outside of classroom time. I love the small classes and how everyone is really interested in what they are studying at Berry College. The freshman orientation was very well done, and the leaders were very friendly and helpful. Berry College has helped me find meaning in my studies and has showed me how to apply what I study to the real world.

Eric

Berry is a repressive, closed-minded, self-satisfied bastion of mediocrity and knee-jerk conservatism that pretends to be "Christian" but is hostile to anyone who does not conform to their bland, antiquated concept of the universe. The minuscule percentage of minorities is shameful (and telling), and if you vary from conservative norms, you are NOT WELCOME (particularly if you are gay--the administration actually forbid the forming of a gay student group because it made them uncomfortable). Keep in mind that it is VERY EXPENSIVE, but there are hardly any majors offered--incongruously, they call themselves a "liberal arts college" on their website, yet they disdain anything "liberal" and do not value the "arts" at all. They Their disregard for art, the humanities and anything cultural is simply pathetic. The facilities for art majors are laughable. Berry is a tiny undergraduate college, NOT a university, and students are not exposed to the grownup world of academics engaged in relevant research--it is an overgrown high school, essentially, and students are intentionally sheltered and rarely encounter the outside world. Food service (Aramark) is mediocre, pedestrian and on the level of fast food--the majority of female students are seriously overweight. The only notable thing about Berry in the past decade were the eagles that nested there, which has nothing to do with higher learning. Do you ever hear anything else about Berry? Do you ever hear about major research or academic achievement emerging from Berry? If you do not support Donald Trump, you should steer clear. Considering how expensive it is, it is NOT WORTH THE INVESTMENT - particularly if you are an in-state Georgian and have been accepted to a real university, such as UGA.