Bethany College-Lindsborg Top Questions

S

Although Bethany has traditionally been an artistic school, home of artist Birger Sandzen and host for of the Messiah Festival for over 130 years, the funding for arts all over Kansas has been drastically cut. The focus in the midwest has switched to athlete-education; however, we have a new Dean of Students, Provost, and Athletic Director who are ensuring that all students are guided under the same principles and penalties. So though the attention has been diverted from strictly athleticism, there is still a lack of interest and funding for the arts at Bethany.

Kendall

The most fraustrating thing about my school is how all the teachers care about the students but as you go up the rankings into the board and just the people in the offices how you can tell they just want your money.

The most frustrating thing about Bethany College is that the tuition is close to $30,000, however the campus has areas that need to be redone. The dorms are very stuffy and difficult to live in. For how much we pay, they should put more money into the dorms getting a make over. Also, the buildings need fixing as well. Chairs in classrooms are falling apart and during the warmer days, the air conditioner does not reach most rooms.

The most frustrating part of my school was that it is in a very small town. Your only option for going out to eat, shop, movies, etc was to drive 10 minutes to next town.

Cortni

The most frustrating thing about Bethany College is that it is such a small school that they don't offer as many classes as major universities do. For example, coming out of high school I was thinking that I wanted to be a Dietetics major, but Bethany didn't have the courses I needed to do this so I had to change my major to Athletic Training or I would have had to transfer after maybe only one or two years.

Brandi

nothing. Everything about Bethany is great

Nancy

The most frustrating thing is that it is out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest city around with more stores is about twenty minutes away. When it comes to find a part time job it is going to be very difficult to find a place to work.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the administration, they do not know what is going on with a student as a whole, as they should, instead they just know what is handled in that particular office.