Mankato, MN
Bethany Lutheran College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethany Lutheran College

Adeshola

I love that Bethany helps students daily, The teachers are always available and will help a student when in need. I love that the classes are not overly crowed which means that student can get eye to eye communication with the teachers. The sports is also great and people are involved well.

Dorothea

Bethany Lutheran College is a very communicative school. That is, it is big in the Fine Arts. One of their main focuses is in fact Fine Arts. They always strive for a higher education, one that will in turn glorify our Lord. The campus and grounds are very friendly and welcoming. I have not had the full experience quite yet and that is why I rate as so. From everything I have seen and experienced during my visits there is only good things to expect!

Emmanuela

I love Bethany Lutheran

I love Bethany Lutheran

Haley

The overall energy of the campus is inviting and friendly. Everyone says hi and there is not one group of people that is superior over the other. Professors are available most hours of the day. Bethany is a great small campus that is in the heart of Mankato.

Noella

BLC is an excellent college! The professors are dedicated to helping the students learn and grow to their fullest potential, the class sizes are small and personal, and I've loved my time here. In addition, the Christ-centered approach in every class is so incredibly valuable to me, and I know that I will graduate ready to face the world.

Someone who wants a large student body should NOT attend Bethany. There are only about 500 students in all, so it is extremely tiny. Pretty much everybody knows everybody else, and there aren't as many opportunities that larger schools might have.

I love Bethany, and I love that is is so small (I believe there are about 500 students (IN ALL) this year), but unfortunately, the fact that it is small does cause some problems. The biggest one is that a lot of people go home on weekends, and with the already small number or students, a large percentage of the student body leaves. It's almost creepily quiet on weekends sometimes, but on the other hand, some weekends are really busy.

Jenna

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school and give myself one piece of advice, I would simply tell myself, "Don't sweat the small things." Having gone through one of the longest and toughest years of my life, this would be the best advice that I could give my former self. On top of applying for college and scholarships, I also had my best friend pass away in a tragic car accident a week before my graduation. This is the main reason that I would tell myself not to sweat the small things. Also, begining college classes and taking a rigorous Anatomy course has taught me to not become obsessed and try to perfect the small assinments, but rather to work twice as hard on the larger assingments. Small things may seem important at the time, but a few weeks, months, or even years down the road, they will seem like minor bumps compared to the larger and more challenging situations that will be pushed in an individuals way. This is the only piece of advice that I would give to my former self. Thank you for the scholarship oppurtunity.

Alexa

A strong Lutheran school that is well balanced with professors that are willing to help you when it is needed and lots of friends to support you in all that you do.

Be yourself, work hard, college is difficult, so learn how to study in high school. This will help you a lot when in college. Don't be afraid to try for sports in college. It is doable. The team becomes a support system in a lot of different aspects.

One of the strongest degree programs at Bethany is the communications department

David

Small and not inherently competitive, but endowed with a great number of resources and opportunities, this school permits the self-motivated student to excel beyond what many other schools could offer.

Although I expected to come out of my college experience with a great deal of knowledge and skills, the chief thing I acquired was discernment and perspective. Truthfully, I was not mature enough to know what I wanted to study or how to study it effectively. But, if my college had forced that upon me, perhaps I would not be as satisfied with the direction of my life as I am right now. Instead, I learned how to determine what is important and valuable, and I learned to see that pursuing the important things with all my energy is worthwhile and laudable. This is not to say that I did not learn anything in particular in college. In fact, I learned a great deal which is specifically helping me in my graduate studies, but the most valuable part of attending college was the freedom and responsibility that it gave me, which led me to the discernment and perspective that I desperately needed to succeed in life.

A small, closed, conservative campus which struggles to maintain its liberal art identity. In that it can't decide whether it is a professional or a liberal arts school, it suffers in both categories.

Noureen

My college experience made me fall in love with the profession of teaching. It taught me the correct attitude needed for being successful and simple it is to establish that. I was a computer engineering major which is considered a considerbaly challenge field but I felt I breezed through my four years because of the fantastic support I had from my professors. Hence, one I was out of college I knew exactly what I wanted to do: to broaden my knowledge in engineering and share my experience so that other students may benefit from it and succeed in their academic lives.

Restructuring issues pertaining to lack of funding.

The fact that I graduated with the honor of Cum Laude.

Zandra

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to have a plan and make good study habits. I would tell myself to treat school as though it is a full time job and during school hours I should not be doing anything other than school. I would tell myself not to procrastinate because that will get you nowhere in life. I would also tell myself to make the library a second home because people are really helpful also it is a very good place to study and they have very little distractions.

The kind of person who should not attend this school is somebody who is not willing to work hard and study because the teachers really care about the student?s education and it would be a real waste of their time and yours.

Bethany Lutheran College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.