North Newton, KS
Bethel College-North Newton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel College-North Newton

Brooke

Recently, I have received application information from many different universities. My first thought was, "Why me?" Why send information to a kid who didn't speak in sentences until I was 5; who didn't read fluently until fourth grade; who has ready taken the ACT three times. However, When I went to Bethel College I answered my own question. This please is for me. Small campus with lots of help from the teachers. That's "why me?"

Julie

The few times that I have been on Bethel College's campus, I have absolutely loved it! It is the perfect size of school for me, and it has a beautiful campus, as well as friendly students, professors, and staff. I am so excited to be joining the Thresher family this fall. I love the fact that faith is a priority at Bethel.

Christian

Absolutely awful school. They require stuff of students that have no benefit to anyone, or the major you are there for. They do not offer online classes to help students be more flexible. They are not helpful with your financial side of the situation either. It will cost you an arm and a leg to go here, even with financial aid. If you go here 4 years you will be looking at 30-40 thousand in school debt and only a Bethel College degree to show for it. Athletics & the athletic facilities are awful as well. Not worth it. Go to a public 4 year school & save money.

Shalei

I LOVE IT HERE! As a student with many college backgrounds, Bethel is personable and cute. It's a beautiful campus with plenty of beautiful people! I love the nursing department. They truly care about each of our wellbeings inside the class as well as outside the class.

Trae

Bethel college is a minnonite school that has been around for a while. The school self isn't very fun, but the classes are very good when it comes to size wise and the students can get the one on one time they need with the teacher if the teacher decided to make time for you.

Tara

Bethel College is a prestigious christan campus with a strong empahsis of Mennonite Background and Herritage. It is a joy and priviledge to be a student on a campus that values integrity, scholarship, discipleship, and service. To me, these values are inhanced in the behaviours of Bethel students and staff, and overflows into work and strong community living. With it's small class sizes, and strong teacher involvment and care, it is easy to get close hands on learning which prepares for strong, confident work following education. Bethel is a great place to test your abilities and grow with others.

The early bird gets the worm. You snooze, you lose. In a society where first is achievment and everyone else, better luck next time - this is true. But life is like a folk tale of cunning and wits. Just around the corner in Hawaii, the early bird doesn't know the worm prefers the cool evening, and the grizzly bear lived longer because he knew the importance of self care and rest. The push to "choose a school, choose a major and get financial aide" can feel like a roller coster leading you to Lost-ville. The choices are endless and pressure can ultimately change your direction. Here's the truth. The tortise didn't think he could beat the hare, but his attitude of perserverance and marching to the finish line was what ultimately helped him prevail. Believe that you are an individual. When it comes to decisions and choices, BE persistant enough make a decision, but say I will not go with the flow if that's what you need.. sometimes you need 4 years, and school is much more appropriate. When you show your self to be patient, wise and thoughtful, there your truely shine your wisdom.

I have been amazed from the beginning at Bethel's encouraging, caring, influensive and selfless staff. Literaly, if it were not for their encouragement, I would not be growing as an idividual, or have even thought that going back to school was possible for me. It is thanks to them I am gaining the courage to finish school! (Which, as I have learned from this staff and the dedicated, talented, and non-stop hardworking students,- (education) is something that never ends.)

A nice friendly place to learn great things.

A nice friendly place to learn great things.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 As a senior in high school I had a very positive state of mind and was excited for my future. I was captain of the swim team and had previously set a record and won a state championship in my event. My social world was expanding and I felt proud of what I was becoming. If I could go back to that year I would not change a thing or even hint to myself at what awaits me. I am pleased with what I have achieved. While I made some mistakes along the way, those mistakes made me who I am today. I might, however, tell myself to slow down, take more time, do things right the first time, and would definitely recommend going to class daily. Knowing my former self, I probably would not have listened, but I have learned responsibility and integrity in growing into my adult life, and I strive to practice it daily. With this generous award I will pursue training in renewable wind energy. I hope to assist our country increase its dependence on responsible energy use. Thank you for your time. Michael M. Ratzlaff

The classes were well taught, Dorms and food were good. They let me come up with an unusual emphasis for my major and helped me succeed. If there were any frustrations for me they were of my own making and not the school.

Laura

There really isn't one sentence that sufficiently describes every one of my classmates.

1.) Your procrastinating? Not a good idea. Seriously, just do your work as soon as it is assigned. 2.) It's going to be really lonely, not knowing anybody, but this too will end. You will make friends. Try not to get too downhearted. 3.) You can't handle three campus jobs at once. Believe me. Find the one you enjoy the most, then see if you can get as many hours as possible there...within reason. It won't do you any good to earn all that money if you're just going to flunk out in the end. 4.) Buy earplugs right away.

Due to the economy, there are fewer and fewer students applying here, which means the tuition is going up and the courses/majors offered are going down.

Providing a great liberal arts education in a small school setting.

Providing a great liberal arts education in a small school setting.

I would give myself two pieces of advice. #1. Don't spend as much time with your boyfriend. You have the rest of your life to hang out with that one special person, you won't always have the oppertunity to meet the unique and wonderful people at college and you won't always have the oppertunities to experience new things, learning how to cook food from Africa with the international student or movies on the lawn. #2. Enjoy being a student. Working full time stinks! Enjoy the freedom to do what you want between classes and stay up late instead of making sure you get enough sleep to make it to work on time. Enjoy the crazy people, their radical ideas, and the pranks. Enjoy the classes, the challenges, enjoy it all! It may seem hard to believe but this wonderful adventure will come to an end...all too quickly...

Some of the dorms are showing their age.

Bethel College-North Newton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.