McKenzie, TN
Bethel University-McKenzie

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-McKenzie

Bethel University is a great 4-year private college to attend. My sister will be beginning college at Bethel during the Fall of 2019. We are coming in on a softball scholarship and are very excited to finally attend! It is full of activities going on, even when there is not sporting events going on. All of the sports programs are also having an amazing year.

Angela

I'm taking business online with Bethel and overall I give them four stars out of five. Mainly because for an online program my are strict on do dates. And do not offer much in extra school activities. But with that begin said They are very supportive and available almost 24 hrs 7 days a week. Teachers and support staff really make Bethel worth they money.

Armicia

Dear Armicia, I know you are excited for college, you only have a few months left, but take a minute and listen to me. When leaving home, yes its awesome knowing your finally going to be independent, but please be mindful by knowing with independence comes responsibility. no one wakes you for clases anymore, no one tells you when to go to sleep, and no reminds you to do your homework. You have to be mindful of these things and stay organized because that will help you a lot with time management. The college life will get very challenging, but one thing you must do is continue to pray and keep God first in everything you do. Armicia you are capable of doing anything you put your mind to, so never let anyone tell you you can't do anything and never let someones opinion setop you from using the one talent that you know God himself has blessed you with and that is the gift of ministry through song. Love yourself for you and pray often.

The best thing about my school, I would have to say would be the atmosphere. when searching for the right school for me, Bethel University was the perfect fit. Not only did they take the time to learn who I was before I came, but they actually prayed with me that God would lead me to make the right decision. I truly feel that a friendly atmosphere is the best thing about Bethel University.

The kind of person that should not attend this school woud have to be a student wdo is completely close minded. Anyone who is not willing to accept change and go with the flow should not pursue an education here. I would also have to say anyone who truly feels uncomfortable with loving Jesus Christ.

ricasha

I was a procrastinator in high school. I always seemed to get an adrenaline rush the night before my homework, a paper, or a project was due. This became a consistant part of my life in highschool. I rarely studied, thus I never developed good study skills. This affected me tremendously in college. I transitioned to college a few months after graduating high school, and I did not know what to expect academically. As a pre-med student, I struggled to be studious, use my time wisely, and have a social life. I needed to put more effort into my classes than I was accustommed to in highschool. Thus, I failed most of my classes during my first year in college because similar to high school, I was a professional procratinator with terrible study habits. I would tell myself as a high school senior to be more studious, develop better study skills, practice completing assignments ahead of time, seek assistance from professors, utilise educational resources, and most importantly learn to balance social life and academics. Moreover, I would ask college students and research as much as possible on ways to be successful in college. Preparation, determination, and knowledge is key.

The academics at Bethel University is great! The professors really care about each individual student and they strive to help each student succeed. I was really nervous coming to Bethel as I did not know what to expect. I had been out of school for three years and I wanted to attend a university where the professors really cared for their students. I was able to be successful in all my classes because my professors were always available through emails and in person to answer all my questions and give me guidance.

Since Bethel is a Christian school, I expected to be in a Christian environment. I really wanted to experience spiritual growth at Bethel, but there was not enough 'Christian' activities on campus. Chapel on Tuesdays and Thursdays were the only spiritual events on campus. Other than the name of the school, there was nothing really 'Christian' about Bethel. I would advise prospective students who are looking to attend a Christian school to really think about going to Bethel. It is a good school with many friendly staff and students.

My school is in a very small town so it's easy to know everyone. The community is very small, but friendly overall.

If I could go back in in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to not make such hasty decisions. I wanted to be away from home so badly that I never considered the cost of things and how I would be able to survive with no money. My parents advised me to stay home and go to a local school until I got on my feet, but I refused to listen. Honestly, I wish I would have listened. I don't regret the times I've had in college or the experiences I've had while I was here. It taught me alot about life. I can't go back in time. It's physically impossible. But if I could I would have stayed home until I was ready for the real world.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be the fact that it's location.. There is not alot of activities offered for the minorities here. There's no movie theater in this town, no shopping centers, not even a Wal-mart. It can get very depressing at times.

Bethel is a very small school, there is almost nothing to do ever so if you get bored easily you will absolutely hate it.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to stop worrying so much. The process is much easier than you think it's going to be and if you just calm down you'll probably see that. Everyone around you is there to help you, you are far from being alone. Don't be overwhelmed with the transition into college because it's everyone is feeling the same way you are and you'll learn quickly. College life can be stressful, being away from home, and the work load but home is just a phone call away and the work load doesn't stay huge forever. Just always remember to put your work first because that is why you are here, friends can seem more important sometimes but they will understand I promise.

I wish I had known how much I would dislike it. I thought I would like the small school because it would be less overwhelming but I don't like it at all.

Alec

What i have gotten out of this college experience is even if you think you can't get the money and you think its too much, just pray to God and He will provide thats what He did for me. But, you will know where God wants you to be at, He will provide, if He wants you to be there, He will put you there for a reason. This college is great, if you ever want to go here, you made a right choice you will love it and cherish every moment, but this place is very valuable to attend. Do your work, you will just make your college life harder if you don't do your work trust me.

How much money I am going to get from Financial Aid and who I am going to meet. I mean other than that its a reat college you will meet people and have a great time, but get involved

The nearest big city is 100 miles away so don't panic too much and thats it but the food here is amazing

I was apprehensive about attending college. I wanted to stay in high school where I knew what was expected of me and my counselors made nearly every academic decision for me. High school was where all my friends were, the friends that took years to find and get to really know. College ripped this sense of security out of my hands, but I'm glad it did. I learned to find new friends, and redefine myself. I also learned that what I thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing, wasn't what I really wanted to do at all.

Bethel University-McKenzie administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.