Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Cindy

Bethel University is a very unique school. It combines God and learning in the same atmosphere. Bethel wants you to grow spiritually as well as intellectually. Bethel is a small college, but that’s never a bad thing. Bethel’s class sizes are small so you get tons of one on one time with you teachers. It’s really cool to see a teacher in the hallway and they know your name. Bethel is so unique, it’s a fantastic college to attend.

If a person is not a spiritual person, they will not want to consider Bethel. Here at Bethel, religion is integrated into everything we do here. Religion is important to most of Bethel’s students, and they do not want someone to come to Bethel and be negative about religion. Students are here to grow spiritually as well as intellectually, and they put God first, it is important that everyone who attends Bethel feel the same way, so we can grow as a community.

I have gotten many things out of my college experience. If I had never come to Bethel I would have never made such wonderful friends or learned so much about myself. It has been valuable for me to attend Bethel because I grew as a person. I have learned so much about myself that I would have never known had I not attended Bethel. Before I attended Bethel I was religious, but I didn’t have a fire for God. Now I do. Bethel has allowed me to grow spiritually, and given me a great education all at the same time. I am so glad I picked Bethel, because if I hadn’t then I would have never known myself as well as I do now. I am very happy I made the choice to attend here, and I think other’s who want to grow more spiritually would be smart to attend Bethel.

Lisa

Bethel is a very welcoming place. It has higher Christian values and an emphasis on living a Christian life. It has a very home-like feel. There are many planned activites that most people attend. Their academics are challenging but rewarding as well. I would not go anywhere else.

Attending college has meant everything to me. First off, it gave me freedom to make my own choices and to find out who I am without old friends and family. I got to be in a place where my past didn't affect me positively or negatively. It was a clean slate and I could be who I wanted to be without preconceived notions about me. I learned how to choose the friends that will stick with me forever and how to get along with those different from me. Most importantly I learned to rely on God for his plan in my life. I may not have everything figured out at this point but I know that God has a plan for me and the journey to learning that plan has been incredible. Being unsure about my future has opened the doors to experiencing new opportunities and trying new things. I know that there is a wide world of opportunity out there that I can explore in whatever way I chose. So college has opened my eyes to who my true self is and how I value in my relationship with God.

The most frustrating thing about Bethel is that it is mostly higher class white evangelical Christians. There isn't much diversity. A lot of emphasis is put on looking good and being a Christian. Some people are seen as fake and hypocritical.

Greta

My classmates at Bethel are relationship oriented, driven, hard working, caring, willing to help others, will maintain friendships after a class ends, and are interested in investing their lives in other students and others within the community.

I wish I had known how wonderful Bethel is and what a great experience I would have while here before I came to Bethel because then I would have worried a lot less about coming to college.

In my two years at Bethel, I have gained a better understanding of who I am as a person. I have learned how to incorporate my faith into different areas of my life such as educating, math, and Spanish. I have learned that academics are important, and it is important to do well; however, it is more important to do my best. Whether I get A's, B's or C's, my hard work will be rewarded in my future career as an educator. Attending Bethel has given me opportunities that I would have not recieved at another university. I will be spending the next semester in Guatemala through a program at Bethel, and I am excited for all I will learn about another culture, myself, and God during this semester. It has also been extremely valuable for me to get an education at a Christian university and to learn from Christian profesors and surround myself with Christian friends. I have not only gotten an excellent education these past two years, but I have been able to build relationships with my profesors, friends, classmates, and roomates which have all helped me to grow personally.

My school is faith-focused and a community.

My school is faith-focused and a community.

My college experience has been an experience of significant growth and maturation. Bethel provides a safe place to grow and mature spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually. I have not only gained knowledge that will be valuable to a future career, but have also gained skills, relationships, and knowledge that will be invaluable to me in my future.

I wish I had known more about the theological beliefs of Bethel University.

Susy

Someone who wants to grow deeper in their faith with God, grow closer with their community and friendships, and leave well rounded and educated and who likes to have good, clean fun.

Someone who doesn't want to leave college as changed person with an overall attitude of understanding the wonderful differences that God has given all of us.

I have learned how to understand differences in people racially, economically, and socially. I have learned how to relate and communicate with people without trying to change them and also how to grow closer to God through growing closer to other people. Bethel has been extremely valuable to attend because they teach us stuff that is practically for real life- the life after college when things are getting extremely hard with bills and moving onto different chapters of your life whether that be getting married or having a career or exploring the world. I have learned that it is important to learn more about different cultures and what types of problems there are among our campus community and other communities around the world so that we are able to try to help each other out.

To say I have gotten an education from Bethel University is an absurd understatement. Even though I have only been attending Bethel for one semester now, my perspectives been broadened immensely for I have learned to look at the world as though I am from a different culture. Aside from the intellectual aspect of education, I have grown spiritually, emotionally, and socially. Attending chapel and our "Vespers" service while surrounded by encouraging students and faculty who attempt to understand what I am going through has led me to a deeper relationship with Christ. These people have become my very best friends and ultimately, my Bethel family. Being away from home is hard to adjust to, especially for the first year away. I belive my transition would not have been half as smooth if it were not for my new friends and mentors. To say the least, Bethel has helped me come out of my shell and find my place as a Christ-follower. I do not believe this kind of experience could be found at many other schools, though I would hope it could.

There is nothing additional that I wish I would have known before I came Bethel University. They prepared me and the other incoming students extremely well for the lifestyle and classes that were soon to be adopted as our own.

I would not necessarily stereotype the kind of person that should attend Bethel University. Anyone who wants to attend this university should be willing to try their best at whatever major they plan on earning. The student should want and expect that while attending Bethel, they will challenged mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Out of these challenges will come lifelong friendships, broadened perspectives, and most importantly, a deeper relationship with Christ.

Jackson

My classmates are all very strong in their faith or they are wanting to get stronger and want to achieve in school so that they can get far in their work place after college.

I have been in college for less than a year so far but I have already learned so much in both an educational sense and also in a sense that I can use in the real world. Bethel University has taught me to discipline myself in everything I do. If I work hard at something, then I will succeed at it. It has been very valuable to experience this college because the professors get personal with the students being that Bethel is a smaller university. Since the professors can be more personal, I feel that they really get to know me and want to help me succeed in my education so that I can go far in my life. Faith is also a part of the education that the professors put an emphasis which will continue to help me throughout my entire life. I really value my college experience and I hope that it continues through the rest of my years at Bethel University.

The best thing about my school is that the professors push us to do our best in our classes and also in the real world as well.

Tony

White kids usually from a wealthy family.

White kids usually from a wealthy family.

I have gained an education that makes me feel confident and prepared to become gainfully employed in the real world. I have also grown to challenge and own my faith through the classes and chapel meetings on campus. Bethel University is a terrific school that helps to prepare individuals for the competitive society that we live in.

Casie

Bethel University is best known for its strong academic program. Professors, many of whom have written their own books, strive to push their students to excel. This comes through getting to know the students past their names and achievements in the classroom. Students respond to the personal level in the classroom and around campus combined with a desire to glorify Jesus Christ by pushing themselves to achieve their best. Consequently, Bethel is noted for the academic rigor provided by both professors and students.

My decision to go to college has been one of the most beneficial decisions I have made in all my life. I have learned not only to push myself beyond my limits in academics, athletics, and spiritual matters, but I have also learned to live away from my hometown and main support group: my family. The hardest part of moving away for college was leaving behind friends and family. Consequently, I have grown closer to my family via phone calls, e-mail, and even letters as I realize how much I truly need them. College has also opened up possibilities for me I never dreamed possible. I have taken science, spanish, and art classes that have challenged my ways of thinking and viewing the world. I have also been able to play on a college hockey team and travel to different parts of the Midwest for games, all pretty much free of cost. Most importantly, college has enabled me to build life-lasting relationships with people of all cultures. I have met a variety of amazing students and professors from Mexico to Papua New Guinea to Bismark, North Dakota. The lessons I have learned from these people have proved invaluble.

I condsider the best thing about Bethel University its Christian atmosphere. Whether you are in the classroom, in the dining center, or part of a sporting event, you can trust the the students, faculty, and staff are doing their best to represent Jesus Christ by their words, thoughts, and deeds. Through chapel, campus activities, and prayer in the classroom, students have plenty of opportunities to grow in their faith and live out their beliefs. This is what makes Bethel a friendly, safe, and God-glorifying university.

It's community, nursing program, and beautiful campus.

It's community, nursing program, and beautiful campus.

Somone who is passionate about community as well as very academically minded willing to work hard.

My first two years at Bethel were very difficult academically and because so many liberal ideas were thrown my way. I was very discouraged but pressed on hoping to be accepted into the nursing program. I was accepted and am so glad that I did not transfer but stayed here. The joy I have at being in the nursing program is incredible. The professors are caring and want me to do the best job possible which inspires me to learn. Looking back on my first two years, I realize that they have formed me to be the person I am today, despite the difficulties. The issues I was presented with taught me how to stand my ground and figure out what I believe. This has helped me come up with a nursing philosophy for my work career. These years here have shaped me and will continue to do so, which I look forward to with relish!

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.