Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

My school is faith-focused and a community.

My school is faith-focused and a community.

My college experience has been an experience of significant growth and maturation. Bethel provides a safe place to grow and mature spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually. I have not only gained knowledge that will be valuable to a future career, but have also gained skills, relationships, and knowledge that will be invaluable to me in my future.

I wish I had known more about the theological beliefs of Bethel University.

Susy

Someone who wants to grow deeper in their faith with God, grow closer with their community and friendships, and leave well rounded and educated and who likes to have good, clean fun.

Someone who doesn't want to leave college as changed person with an overall attitude of understanding the wonderful differences that God has given all of us.

I have learned how to understand differences in people racially, economically, and socially. I have learned how to relate and communicate with people without trying to change them and also how to grow closer to God through growing closer to other people. Bethel has been extremely valuable to attend because they teach us stuff that is practically for real life- the life after college when things are getting extremely hard with bills and moving onto different chapters of your life whether that be getting married or having a career or exploring the world. I have learned that it is important to learn more about different cultures and what types of problems there are among our campus community and other communities around the world so that we are able to try to help each other out.

To say I have gotten an education from Bethel University is an absurd understatement. Even though I have only been attending Bethel for one semester now, my perspectives been broadened immensely for I have learned to look at the world as though I am from a different culture. Aside from the intellectual aspect of education, I have grown spiritually, emotionally, and socially. Attending chapel and our "Vespers" service while surrounded by encouraging students and faculty who attempt to understand what I am going through has led me to a deeper relationship with Christ. These people have become my very best friends and ultimately, my Bethel family. Being away from home is hard to adjust to, especially for the first year away. I belive my transition would not have been half as smooth if it were not for my new friends and mentors. To say the least, Bethel has helped me come out of my shell and find my place as a Christ-follower. I do not believe this kind of experience could be found at many other schools, though I would hope it could.

There is nothing additional that I wish I would have known before I came Bethel University. They prepared me and the other incoming students extremely well for the lifestyle and classes that were soon to be adopted as our own.

I would not necessarily stereotype the kind of person that should attend Bethel University. Anyone who wants to attend this university should be willing to try their best at whatever major they plan on earning. The student should want and expect that while attending Bethel, they will challenged mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Out of these challenges will come lifelong friendships, broadened perspectives, and most importantly, a deeper relationship with Christ.

Jackson

My classmates are all very strong in their faith or they are wanting to get stronger and want to achieve in school so that they can get far in their work place after college.

I have been in college for less than a year so far but I have already learned so much in both an educational sense and also in a sense that I can use in the real world. Bethel University has taught me to discipline myself in everything I do. If I work hard at something, then I will succeed at it. It has been very valuable to experience this college because the professors get personal with the students being that Bethel is a smaller university. Since the professors can be more personal, I feel that they really get to know me and want to help me succeed in my education so that I can go far in my life. Faith is also a part of the education that the professors put an emphasis which will continue to help me throughout my entire life. I really value my college experience and I hope that it continues through the rest of my years at Bethel University.

The best thing about my school is that the professors push us to do our best in our classes and also in the real world as well.

Tony

White kids usually from a wealthy family.

White kids usually from a wealthy family.

I have gained an education that makes me feel confident and prepared to become gainfully employed in the real world. I have also grown to challenge and own my faith through the classes and chapel meetings on campus. Bethel University is a terrific school that helps to prepare individuals for the competitive society that we live in.

Casie

Bethel University is best known for its strong academic program. Professors, many of whom have written their own books, strive to push their students to excel. This comes through getting to know the students past their names and achievements in the classroom. Students respond to the personal level in the classroom and around campus combined with a desire to glorify Jesus Christ by pushing themselves to achieve their best. Consequently, Bethel is noted for the academic rigor provided by both professors and students.

My decision to go to college has been one of the most beneficial decisions I have made in all my life. I have learned not only to push myself beyond my limits in academics, athletics, and spiritual matters, but I have also learned to live away from my hometown and main support group: my family. The hardest part of moving away for college was leaving behind friends and family. Consequently, I have grown closer to my family via phone calls, e-mail, and even letters as I realize how much I truly need them. College has also opened up possibilities for me I never dreamed possible. I have taken science, spanish, and art classes that have challenged my ways of thinking and viewing the world. I have also been able to play on a college hockey team and travel to different parts of the Midwest for games, all pretty much free of cost. Most importantly, college has enabled me to build life-lasting relationships with people of all cultures. I have met a variety of amazing students and professors from Mexico to Papua New Guinea to Bismark, North Dakota. The lessons I have learned from these people have proved invaluble.

I condsider the best thing about Bethel University its Christian atmosphere. Whether you are in the classroom, in the dining center, or part of a sporting event, you can trust the the students, faculty, and staff are doing their best to represent Jesus Christ by their words, thoughts, and deeds. Through chapel, campus activities, and prayer in the classroom, students have plenty of opportunities to grow in their faith and live out their beliefs. This is what makes Bethel a friendly, safe, and God-glorifying university.

It's community, nursing program, and beautiful campus.

It's community, nursing program, and beautiful campus.

Somone who is passionate about community as well as very academically minded willing to work hard.

My first two years at Bethel were very difficult academically and because so many liberal ideas were thrown my way. I was very discouraged but pressed on hoping to be accepted into the nursing program. I was accepted and am so glad that I did not transfer but stayed here. The joy I have at being in the nursing program is incredible. The professors are caring and want me to do the best job possible which inspires me to learn. Looking back on my first two years, I realize that they have formed me to be the person I am today, despite the difficulties. The issues I was presented with taught me how to stand my ground and figure out what I believe. This has helped me come up with a nursing philosophy for my work career. These years here have shaped me and will continue to do so, which I look forward to with relish!

Joy

My school is not the best place for students of color. As a new student especially coming from Africa I get looked down upon quite often

My college experience has been an eye opener to the reality of life. I started my college education in Kenya the transferred to the United States in the second semester of my sophomore year. Having come to a place with diverse people who have different, beliefs, opinions and backgrounds has brought me out of my little bubble. At the end of my college education I plan on going back to Africa and help out my people. It is sad to see people die of poverty, see corrupt leaders and see people kill each other over trivial issues. I plan on being an agent for peace and change among my people and around the world. I believe that me completing my college education will not only be good for me but also for others. I will also be the first girl in my extended family to have completed college.

A person who is determined to make it in life and that is also patient and persevering..

Angela

Bethel University is a very supportive community in terms of students' academic and spiritually life. When you get to know the school and the professors, you will realize there are so many opportunities and resources. Speaking from a minority student's stand point, I feel that the school is doing a good job supporting its ethnic students through a 3-day welcome week program called Navigators, mentor-mentee program, and different cultural activities. It is comforting for me to know that there is a strong supporting system and so many opportunities for me as a minority student.

My friend laughed at me when I told him that Bethel opened my eyes to a bigger world, considering one stereotype for Bethel students is that they are disconnected to the world outside of campus. However, after my first semester at Bethel, I feel that my experiences at Bethel are shaping me into a person who cares about the world and wants to make a difference in it. Through my classes, chapel, student activities, and interaction with professors and classamtes, I am beginning to undertand myself and my values better. In fact, many classes here are challenging because they question our cultural values and conceptions that we grew up with. One friend expressed that she felt overwhelmed after watching movies about wars and feminism; another Caucasian friend said she felt uneasy after watching a movie about white privileges. However, the professors at Bethel are here to walk with us as we explore the world and ourselves. They encourage us not to take things for granted, but instead learn and experience for ourselves so that we truly understand what we belive in. They also warmly welcome us and encourage us to join them in making a difference in this wrold.

I wish I had more information about the dorms on campus. I also wish I knew the job opportunities there are here at Bethel.

Brad

I have been greatly impacted by my first semester of college. I have seen the ways in which i am influence by those around me, and similairly seen my influence on others. Moving away from the people I have been with since elementry school has been a big change and I have grown in regards to my self-identity. I am now more able to tell you who I am and what I stand for. I have grown into an easily influenced highschooler to what I like to consider myself now, an individual with drive and purpose.

I consider the best aspect of Bethel University to be the dedication to a Christian environment. I love the opportunities given and the chances I have to grow in my faith. From the first week on campus until now I have been surrounded with chances to grow and explore my faith.

This school is welcoming to all students. I would reccommend it to individuals who want to focus on their school work yet still develop life-long meaningful friendships.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.