Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Joy

My school is not the best place for students of color. As a new student especially coming from Africa I get looked down upon quite often

My college experience has been an eye opener to the reality of life. I started my college education in Kenya the transferred to the United States in the second semester of my sophomore year. Having come to a place with diverse people who have different, beliefs, opinions and backgrounds has brought me out of my little bubble. At the end of my college education I plan on going back to Africa and help out my people. It is sad to see people die of poverty, see corrupt leaders and see people kill each other over trivial issues. I plan on being an agent for peace and change among my people and around the world. I believe that me completing my college education will not only be good for me but also for others. I will also be the first girl in my extended family to have completed college.

A person who is determined to make it in life and that is also patient and persevering..

Angela

Bethel University is a very supportive community in terms of students' academic and spiritually life. When you get to know the school and the professors, you will realize there are so many opportunities and resources. Speaking from a minority student's stand point, I feel that the school is doing a good job supporting its ethnic students through a 3-day welcome week program called Navigators, mentor-mentee program, and different cultural activities. It is comforting for me to know that there is a strong supporting system and so many opportunities for me as a minority student.

My friend laughed at me when I told him that Bethel opened my eyes to a bigger world, considering one stereotype for Bethel students is that they are disconnected to the world outside of campus. However, after my first semester at Bethel, I feel that my experiences at Bethel are shaping me into a person who cares about the world and wants to make a difference in it. Through my classes, chapel, student activities, and interaction with professors and classamtes, I am beginning to undertand myself and my values better. In fact, many classes here are challenging because they question our cultural values and conceptions that we grew up with. One friend expressed that she felt overwhelmed after watching movies about wars and feminism; another Caucasian friend said she felt uneasy after watching a movie about white privileges. However, the professors at Bethel are here to walk with us as we explore the world and ourselves. They encourage us not to take things for granted, but instead learn and experience for ourselves so that we truly understand what we belive in. They also warmly welcome us and encourage us to join them in making a difference in this wrold.

I wish I had more information about the dorms on campus. I also wish I knew the job opportunities there are here at Bethel.

Brad

I have been greatly impacted by my first semester of college. I have seen the ways in which i am influence by those around me, and similairly seen my influence on others. Moving away from the people I have been with since elementry school has been a big change and I have grown in regards to my self-identity. I am now more able to tell you who I am and what I stand for. I have grown into an easily influenced highschooler to what I like to consider myself now, an individual with drive and purpose.

I consider the best aspect of Bethel University to be the dedication to a Christian environment. I love the opportunities given and the chances I have to grow in my faith. From the first week on campus until now I have been surrounded with chances to grow and explore my faith.

This school is welcoming to all students. I would reccommend it to individuals who want to focus on their school work yet still develop life-long meaningful friendships.

I have gotten a great education thus far at Bethel University. I have learned a lot about myself, the Twin Cities and most importantly about my major; nursing. I value my education there and I love where I'm at. I have amazing friends and professors to help me with my academics and to support all of my decisions. I would not wish to be at any other university.

I do not get frustrated with my school, I appreciate everything my professors, president and everyone else on staff does for me.

I do not consider anything about Bethel to be bad. I agree with the missions statement and I agree with what Bethel is trying to do; with the classes, professors and environment. I am very grateful for my university.

Katelyn

Bethel University is an excellent school that gives students many opportunities to grow personally as well as academically in an uplifting and encouraging environment.

My college experience has been a very valuable one. It has allowed me to grow academically as well as personally. My professors and peers have challenged me to push myself in all areas of my life to become a better person. Each day I learn more in my classes. Not only have I gained knowledge, but I have learned more about myself and how to use my strengths to achieve my goals. I have also been growing personally as I continue to learn more about my faith. I have gained many good friends who have been a great encouragement to me. Overall, my college experience has allowed me to learn more about who I am and my purpose in life.

Bethel University is a Christian school. One of the most frustrating things is living with people who say they are Christians but do not live out their faiths. This can be very disheartening at times. It can also make it difficult to stick to your own faith and personal values.

Rebekah

Our school is best known for pushing its students toward Christ. Our school pushes us with serving opportunities, classes which make us think, liberal arts classes which broaden our views and talents. The students and faculty at Huntington are, for the most part, so incredibly friendly and encouraging to one another. There is so much unity throughout our campus.

Attending Huntington University has been a blessing in my life. I am so glad that the Lord guided me here and that Financial Aid allowed me to attend. I have grown into the Rebekah that I am today because of Huntington University. Huntington has provided endless opportunities for me to grow in my faith. I have had countless serving opportunities, faculty and staff that have invested in me and my well-being, wonderful Resident Assistant's, and great floormates. I have then had opportunities to give back and learn to invest myself. I have been involved with a campus serving organization (Joe Mertz Center) and am now a Resident Assistant myself. I have become more independent through attending this University and have been blessed by the opportunities and people that I have encountered. College also provides day to day learning. Through dating and a breakup, I have learned more about myself, healing, and relationships. Through the Psychology department (my major), I have learned about children, adults, relationships, and human sexuality. Through the day to day encounters with others, I have learned to love more like Christ. What a blessing!

Huntington University is a very friendly school. There is not much, looking back, that I wish I would have known. Learning things here has been such a blessing. I do wish that I would have known that it reflected my high school experience. I mean this in relation to the size of the school, class sizes, and relationships with the professors. It has been a wonderful time thus far.

Geraldine

The classmates at Bethel University are students of integrity, and live in such a way that is pleasing to God, and are working to be vultured and stewards.

The main thing that I've gotten out of my college experience at Bethel University, is to be a student of Integrity. I've learned to have integrity and to be someone that is able to integrate my faith in everything I do and to do what is pleasing to God. I've also learned that I'm held accountable to other students at my University so I should only help them succeed and to be there for one another. At Bethel University we sign the Covenant of Lifestyles, which is basically an agreement that students attending Bethel University will not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, or gamble. By going to Bethel i've been able to live a pure life straying away from the activities that are against Bethel policies and living a life of integrity and making a better environment for students at Bethel. It has been so valuable to attend Bethel because I can't imagine being anywhere else. At Bethel there is something that everyone has in common, and that is a relationship with God. It's ultimately a great place to watch your faith grow and watch other students bloom into better people of the world.

Andrea

Bethel University is an academically rigorous and spiritually enhancing university. The welcoming atmosphere is what first drew me in, and the truly-caring professors are what sealed the deal. Anyone who comes to Bethel will graduate with more knowledge than they ever expected, life-long relationships with students and professors, and a closer relationship with God. It is known for developing its students in a benefical way for their future, academically and spiritually.

At first, it was really hard to attend Bethel University because of the expensive cost. However, after coming here, I realized that it is worth every penny. I already have many relationships with others, both students and professors. I have learned more in this one semester than I did in my whole life, and I was so spiritually challenged, forcing me to grow deeper in my faith. Besides all the amazing opportunities available at Bethel, it is beneficial for me to attend this school because I have developed into a whole new person. I know have a goal for the future and a purpose for the present.

If a student refuses to work and is not seeking a better future, Bethel University is not for him or her. In order to reach their full potential at Bethel, students themselves must be ready, prepared, and willing to work hard and search deeper for their purpose in life.

Brea

Bethel is a welcoming, peaceful, and wonderful school.

Bethel is a welcoming, peaceful, and wonderful school.

I have learned many things so far. I come from a very small community, so coming here to St. Paul has taught me alot. I have learned how to interact with others better, how to work together, and how to express how I feel openly in a respectful manner.

I love the environment here at Bethel. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. I love that most of the students here are Christians also. It is nice to have so many great people surrounding me at all times!

Laura

My experience at Bethel University is more than I could have ever expected. When I first decided to come here, I knew that I would grow as a Christian. What I didn't realize is that it would be a challenge and a wake-up call. You would think that it would be easy to be a Christian when you're surrounded by other Christians. The reality is that it is much easier to just become comfortable with your faith and forget what what Christianity is really about. It's not supposed to be easy! I have learned to remind myself of the basics of Jesus' sacrifice and to remember that every day. I try to live my life like a newborn Christian. I want to serve others in order to serve my Savior, my God. I know now that it will not usually be easy, but that's the point! Jesus suffered for us, so it's time now that we suffer a little bit. Only then can we enter into his Kingdom of eternal life.

I think Bethel University is the perfect place for a person who wants to get a great education while growing in their Christian faith. The best part about Bethel is that everyone is at different points in their relationship with Jesus. We are all learning together and from each other how to better serve God. If you are willing to work hard at both your academics and your character as a Christian, then Bethel University is the place to be.

Before I came to Bethel University, I wish I would have know that it isn't perfect. I got the impression from my visits and other people that go here that there was nothing wrong with Bethel. But, since I have come here, I have realized that it is still just a college. There are people who don't always follow what they believe. I just wish they wouldn't have made it out to be something other than it is. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want to be given a wrong impression.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.