Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Christine

Through my college experience so far, I have learned a lot about myself as a person. Going to college, a person is put to somewhat of a test. Students are put into a new environment to which they are not necessarily accustomed to. Going into college, I did not know anyone in my class, so had to make all new friends. This offered me the opportunity to really figure out and lay out the values that I wanted to find in others, as well as portray through my own actions. Finding a balance between social and academic experiences has was also difficult at first. College is somewhat about re-shaping your life, finding out who exactly you are, and realizing what your life is all about.

The kind of person who should not attend this school would be someone who is: looking for a large student population, looking for a large campus, looking to live directly in a large city.

I wish it offered more things to do on the weekends.

Erika

I have received fulfillment out of the college experience; through hard work, knowledge, and education. As a working mother I have always explained the value of an education to my children, experiencing it first hand has been so invaluable. I have enjoyed the influence my professors have had on my life. I love the lecture and discussions among my classmates of various age and opinion. As a person already in the work force I can appreciate the advantage I will receive with my college degree. I feel accomplished as I advance in my studies and gain the skills and instruction that will benefit in my future career. As a mother in a working class family I have a deep appreciation of how a college education will enable us to provide a better quality of life for our family.

Christine

Bethel University is a great and safe place to discover who you really are.

Bethel University is a great and safe place to discover who you really are.

Bethel is a private Christian college, and most students do have a personal relationship with Christ, and it is very easy to make long lasting friends who can be your spiritual guides. There is a real community feel on campus.

I feel like I have grown a lot personally since high school, and the main reason for that is because of Bethel University. I have been able to meet so many great people here who really want to get to know me and who want me to grow spiritually and mentally. I have made life long friends here, and I will be forever greatful that I have attended Bethel. I have discovered who I truly am here, and I don't think that I could have done the same at a different university. Bethel has such a community atmosphere, and everyone really seems to care for one another, even people you don't really know. And because the campus is so small, you do get to know a lot of different people, and you always run into people you know and you come to recognize most people on campus. I love this university, and I know that it's where I'm meant to be.

Blair

I have gained a lot of friendships and knowledge since I have been Bethel University. I think Bethel allows the students to become well-rounded and knowledable in multiple areas and topics. It has been valuable to me because it has helped me as a person become more outgoing and excited to learn about new things. Bethel has also helped me step out of my comfort zone to learn about things I haven't been exposed to in my younger years growing up. Bethel also has helped me grow in my faith and become closer to God.

I think any kind of person should attend Bethel. We have a diverse community and accept people of all kinds and interests.

The community would be the best thing because we have a lot of student activities to get people together. We are a smaller school so we know a good portion of all the students that go here.

Jamie

My college experience, to this date, has been a mismatch of life lessons and learning experiences. I would not like to consider quite who I would be without the experience and education that I am recieving. My experiences at Bethel University have been invaluable as I have begun to discover more of who and what I am going to be in my future. Through challenging academics and numerous discussions on various topics I feel more aware of the world and the career path I am pursuing. I've learned countless lessons on interpersonal relationships and such simple things as how to live with people in a way that is constructive and healthy. As a result of attending Bethel I feel much more prepared for encountering the world. A suprising but freeing development has been that I have become less stalwart on the path of my future. I have become more open to different career and life options which has made me excited for my life after school and the path I will ultimately take.

People who are focused on an academically and spiritually enriching education will fit best into Bethel University. Those holding to a protestant background will find that they have much in common with most other Bethel students and staff. People who are interested in Bethel should be friendly, ready to meet new people, and willing to cooperate and collaborate with fellow students and staff.

When I tell friends about Bethel I brag most about our Bethel housing and meal options . The art community and english and study abroad programs are also large bragging points between my friends and I. I will also often speak of the opportunities we have to build relationships with proffessors who we can expect support from throughout our college careers.

Stanley

I gotten a new outlook on the possibilities that life has to offer. Not only by being knowledgeable, but by also being able to contribute. To give something back to those less fortunate. The knowledge I gain from college is shared with those around me. I believe that college has shaped me to become a better person. The education I recieve is not only important, but also very rewarding. It is a challenge to get most out of the college experience. To juggle with work, family and hobbies, but in the end it helped me improve in all areas of life. It has been valuable to attend since I learned a lot on how to deal with the real world. Before I started my first semester, I asked myself "Is college right for me?" The only way to find out was to take classes and see if it was right for me. To my amazement, it did become a good choice. Not only did I learn a lot, but I also gained confidence in myself and started to socialize with other students. It made me feel good. Going to college is definitely worth the experience.

I came out of college not only with a feeling of accomplishment, but with a desire to learn more. The things I have experienced during my 3.5 years have changed me for the better. During my college experience, I met many friends that I expected to last forever. Some friendships didn't last to graduation, and that's real life, but I already know of a few friends that I will never lose touch with. Beyond my closest friends, my professors are some of the people I trust the most. College has granted me a safety net of friends and advisors that I can look to and recieve help from in every stage of my future life, whether my trial be academic or otherwise. When I studied through an off-campus program, I was given the means to succeed independently in a strange and different world. Finally, my college experience granted me many class experiences and discussions that have changed, shaped, and opened up the way I think and react to the world around me. Only a month out of college now, I cannot sit in a classroom without feeling compelled to apply for another higher education experience!

This school is great for people who yearn for a supportive environment and want to meet lots of true friends.

The best thing about Bethel is the large variety of available resources, groups, clubs, and events.

Karlynn

Strong Christian Community

Strong Christian Community

I have learned the basics of my future career and how to prepare for it. I have learned many things outside of the classroom as well, such as learning from other people. The strong sommunity life on campus has also allowed me to make life long friendships that make me feel apart of a bigger picture, rather than just being another student at a big university. I feel very accepted and that I fit in at this school. I also like the atmosphere of a Christian school, and it has taught me how to live out my faith. I also like it for the great athletics program. It is a NCAA division III school, which makes it easier to participate in sports without having my academics suffer. Overall, I would recommend this school to anyone who likes a smaller, christian school atmosphere.

Briana

My college experience so far has proven valuable to me in so many ways. College has not just given me an invaluable education, but also a broader outlook on life, new opportunities and hope for the future, as well as taking me a step closer to achieving my life-long goals and dreams. However, the single most valuable aspect of my college experience has been the personal pride it has given me. Being the first from my family to ever attend college, has been a proud moment in not only my family's life, but mine as well - especially since attending college has not been easy for me. Being that I am from a lower-middle class family, our household income has prevented me from receiving any assistance. At the same time, my family could not afford to assist much either. As a result, I have worked full-time throughout my entire college career. It has been hard trying to find a class schedule that fits with my work schedule, and vice versa. However, despite my diffiulties I have slowly perservered. College has given me pride in myself.

Bethel University is a safe, explorative, successful , spiritual, and supportive community.

College has been a time for me to grow as a person. This growth has occurred through the encouragement, high-expectations, and relationships given by and formed with my professors. Due to these three things I have become more responsible, driven, and appreciative. Growth has also occurred in the student life and strong communities found on Bethel’s campus. Because of these I have formed relationships that have helped me grow in my academics, in my spiritual life, and in my acceptance of other people. College relationships have brought me in close contact with people who are also striving to be successful and this has helped me become more successful as well. These relationships have also taught me to always stand up for what I believe in. Lastly, these relationships have been diverse and have driven me to be more accepting of all different kinds of people. Overall, this college experience has been very valuable to me because of the various ways I have grown as a person. Bethel University has shaped me into the successful person I am today, and will continue to shape me far into the future. Because of this, I greatly value my college experience.

Bethel University has a wonderful community life that focuses on bringing it's students together. Sometimes this sense of community becomes so strong that students become unaware of the realities of the outside world. Because of this, my only negative feedback would be the unwillingness of students to branch out and be apart of the outside community. There is a constant unwillingness to leave Bethel University, and although that makes a great college community, I don't believe that makes as successful of a person.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.