Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Kailey

Bethel is a Christ-centered community to be in and is also still academically challenging; the students, professors and staff do everything in their power to make new students feel welcomed!

Bethel has been a wonderful community for me to make friends, grow in my faith and become academically enriched. I love the campus, which is small, right near a lake with nature paths, but only 15 minutes away from the cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. This allows students to be outside and feel like they can get away from the business of school while still easily being able to go to baseball games or concerts downtown. Personally, the relationships I have made at Bethel have been the most influential and important. All of my professors have an open door policy and love helping students in anyway that they are able. They truly care about the students' success. They have become people I can trust and turn to when I need advice on anything, even something nonacademic. I have also made strong friendships that will last my whole life. I am going to be in my freshman roommate's wedding this summer; those types of lasting friendships are not something you will find everywhere. Overall, Bethel has shaped my entire and I am extremely happy with my decision to attend.

That when you are on a meal plan, for example 6 meals per week, you cannot carry extra meals over to the next week. You have to use all 6 meals in one week or lose them.

Kristy

My classmates I would describe as conservative and close-minded; they tend to be very stuck in their views and will not deviate from them.

Taking into account the things I appreciate and do not apparciate about my school, I have been able to realize how to exist in a community that does not necessarily aline with my beliefs, views, and passions. I have really enjoyed my experiences at this school regardless of the differences I feel I have with it because it has taught me how to be in a community with other people that I disagree with but can still appreciate their view point and values. I have learned about myself and who I am outside of whatever social context I may exist in. Being at my school, I have really discovered what it is that I am passionate about and thats my majors and living in a community that is committed to social justice and reconciliation. I have learned what it means to call myself a social worker, a reconciler, a friend, a sister, a daughter, and a girlfriend. I have been able to understand who I am outside of my family context and who I hope to be in the future.

The best thing about my school is the professors in my major. I feel that they are able to meet me where I am at, are flexible and understanding, and are committed to social justice and the reconciliation of all people.

Daniel

Bethel University is a place for spiritual, academic, and social growth; it is a community of students and faculty which is truly united in creating an amazing college experience for each student.

I have a little piece of paper tucked in my wallet, which came from a fortune cookie I got at a Chinese restaurant in Vail, Colorado. It reads, "Adventure is worthwhile in itself." College for me has been just that: one whirlwind educational and social adventure, building community and friendships with people that I will know and love for the rest of my life. The excellent instruction in my courses has prepared me well for my (reasonably prestigious) internships at United Launch Alliance, and I have been developing my leadership skills as a Coordinator of our new student orientation program, overseeing a staff of 70 students. My involvement in the top concert choir as well as the theatre program has provided me with an attractive balance between science and the arts. College might cost both arms and both legs, but these experiences belong in a Mastercard commerical. As I departed last September for what would be a fantastic semester of study in Edinburgh, I recited a Mark Twain quote to my dear parents, of which the last three words are: "Explore. Dream. Discover." I encourage you to look up the remainder of that quote. Then... catch me if you can!

Too many people wearing "masks", not being who they really are; it's the main thing that holds people back from building community.

David

I feel my classes give me a opportunity to make friends for life giving me the privilege to work and learn from their ideas and experiences on a personal level while at the same time giving and recieving support from them.

I feel the best thing that I have gotten out of my college are the friendships that come with it. I found that the social aspect of college is what really makes the experience worth while. My relationships with my teachers tend to also motivate me to make myself better and perform to the best of my ability with the challenges they give me. I find that people at this college really care for my well being and understand the difficulty one can experience during this time. This is valuable to me because the relationships I have formed with my teachers and peers are genuine and something that I can bring outside of Bethel to others.

I wish I had known and taken the opportunity that pseo offers. I think it would have been more beneficial to me.

Rebekah

Structurally speaking, Bethel is distinctive in the sense that all of their academic buildings are connected to make one huge building. This structure seems a bit odd at first, but it is very helpful when Minnesota winters come around. On a different level, Bethel is set apart by how it accommodates for studying abroad. Bethel has eliminated so many hoops to jump through, thus making studying abroad as possible and as stress free as it can be in college. I have come to appreciate all of the help they have provided to make such a dream come true.

College has become a place of learning that I would not trade for the world. Alongside the vast amount of learning that goes on in the classroom, from major studies that led to knowing more than I ever thought I would know regarding how molecules interact to general studies that have rounded out my education, I have learned so much about myself by attending college. As cliché as it sounds, college provides a clean slate to begin life. I am not saying that once I stepped on campus I became a totally different person, but I had the opportunity to start fresh. I was able to have my own personality shine through in a way that was not clouded by my associations (some good, some unnecessary) that had accumulated throughout growing up. College provided the environment of friends who were not tied to the biases of my past as I was not tied to theirs, leading to opening up and truly learning about others more meaningful than it had been. Through these friendships as well as through balancing school and challenges some call life, I learned more than I thought I had signed up for when I enrolled in college.

Being a gal that loves sports, I have found that Bethel's student section at sporting events is quite disappointing. Even though our football team made it to National Semifinals for NCAA DIII, the Bethel crowd was sub-par throughout the season. Despite my many attempts to get them on their feet, the student section was sitting during the second half of our Homecoming game!! Although Bethel has so, so much to offer, I miss the energy that a student section uniquely creates.

Benjamin

Before entering inot my college experience, I assumed that the primary purpose of higher education was simply the degree it promised. What I have found is that it goes so much further than that, by giving you an experience that is worth more than any diploma. Relationships that are made, serve strengthen us socially and psychologically. Success teaches us the value of staying in once and awhile on the weekend to study for Monday's exam. Failures probably has the greatest effect on us, we feel the consequences of our actions in sometimes harsh ways. This only pushes us on to achieve our overall potential. That is the true value of a college experience, and that is why I am thankful I have had one.

Bethel University's worst characteristic is its lack of diversity. There isn't much diversity racially, ethnically, or economically. The student population resembles a large group of Scandinavian immigrants. This has had its fair share of consequences. It seems that there is a lack of racial sensitiviy around campus due to the fact that most students are of the same race and background. I think more can be done to improve this in our admissions office and I hope that concerted effort is taken in the school administration.

Quite often I tell my old high school friends about the overall politness of Bethel students. Typically, students treat one another with respect and kindness and there really isn't any bullying. I am proud of this aspect of my school and I love the environment it helps to foster.

Sara

Bethel is a small, Christian college dedicated to bringing aspects of faith into every part of education.

I have learned many things from my first semester of college. I have learned to live with another person--a total stranger--and I've actually enjoyed it. Obviously not everyone lives in a dorm, but I think it's crucial to live on campus to get the full experience of college. I've learned many time-management skills. College teaches one to prioritize and work quickly, and that is a valuable skill for life. Everything I've learned in my first semester of college can--and will--be applied to the rest of my life.

The worst thing about Bethel is the lack of food options. It's not like a public university where they have a Domino's, Subway, McDonald's, etc. Sodexo operates all our food choices, so they can charge whatever they want. While this shouldn't make or break a decision, it's definitely something to consider.

Kimberly

Bethel has a very pretty campus with successful people all around genuine. I loved it. Christ is the center.

At Bethel the education was superb. I would not take back my experience for the world. I was able to explore life in a supportive environment even when I did feel out of place. The faculty gave me the much needed support I needed. I learned to laugh a little, cry a little and be who I am.

I wish I had made a better plan financially. I would have gone to a Community College to cut down costs.

From my college experience I have gained the vitue of determination and dedication. I began my college journey as a means to reconnect with the feeling of fulfillment I recieved when volunteering as a preschool aid for my oldest son prior to his death. In many ways this journey has been my tribute to him and the one thing he loved most, learning! Along the way I have met some fantastic people, made friends. lost friends, and most importantly discovered the person I am ment to be. The challenge has been great; the rewards, greater! The most powerful lesson I have learned and wish to pass on to those who embark upon the journey of higher education is this, don't be afraid to push yourself for it is when you think you can go no father that you find your true strength!

christine

I haven't really been in college yet. I am starting in the fall this year, but I can tell you what I expect out of my college experience at ECC this year. I expect to grow, and mature as a new college student . I also expect to find my dream career/ career path. Maybe this year, I will realize how hard work pays off because if I work hard to maintain good grades in my classes this year, then I will possibly win a big scholarship or grant from one of the universities that I want to go to. Going to ECC , I think, will be very valuable as far as an education goes. What I would learn at a university as a freshman, I could learn at ECC as a freshman for about 3/4 less of the price, and that is what I call a very valuable education.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.